[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it really the new GoT?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: westworld-04jpg-2e18cb_1280w.jpg (140KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
westworld-04jpg-2e18cb_1280w.jpg
140KB, 1280x720px
Is it really the new GoT?
>>
Unwatchable shit? Yeah.
>>
There is no new GoT
After GoT ends there will be prequels and spinoffs
>>
yes and Anthony hopkins dies at the end
>>
>>86361679
Much rather watch this than /nu-tv/: the show.
>>
>>86361679
Should I give it another chance? The show just failed to hold my interest, and I still don't understand why. It has a ton of potential, I'm interested in the setting and the idea of artificial intelligence we're seeing here. The cast is fantastic.

But somehow it just felt like a chore after 4 or 5 episodes, and I still haven't finished the season
>>
Kek, I love GoT and went to watch this after people said this

complete shit, had to drop it in episode 3, so uninteresting and boring (like most series)
>>
>>86362025
This is shit bait.
>>
>>86361679
No, it's not that eventful and controversial
it's more nolanesque philosophy and SF, characters are really really bland
>>
>>86361679
Pilot was good, rest of the show was mediocre.
>>
No

it's too deep and intelectual for normies
>>
>>86362334
Normie detected
>>
>>86361679
>>86361977
There are a couple '''big''' twists that they tried pulling off that don't work because they used lazy writing, ie in which they misdirect you as the viewer/reader. Basically it's good, but when they pull that, it turns to shit. Youll see what I mean if you watch it.

It's also not that consistent within itself, like Lost except on a much more local (only one season) scale, plot holes tend to come up and are brisked away and they just hope that you don't remember them, but if you marathon the show / a few episodes they become glaring errors.

as far as sci fi shows made in the last few years go this is actually at the top of the list, sadly.
>>
>>86361679
It's unironically worse than GoT
>>
>>86361977
>I'm interested in the setting and the idea of artificial intelligence we're seeing here

Me too, and that's why I was disappointed with this show. I wanted it to examine moral and philosophical questions salient in that setting. It doesn't ask you to think about these things a whole lot, and when it does touch on them, it doesn't ask the viewer to form their own opinion, and beats them over the head with the "right answer." It doesn't demand that you think at all.
>>
File: IMG_3182.gif (1MB, 498x278px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3182.gif
1MB, 498x278px
>>86361773
>Dies
>>
>>86361679
No. it's worse
I thought GOT was bad but after watching westworld I realized how GOT can become much much worse by having no a GRRM book to base on, which was exactly what GOT S7 is
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.