[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the deal with the monolith?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 2001 A Space Odyssey Shrine.jpg (56KB, 1280x854px) Image search: [Google]
2001 A Space Odyssey Shrine.jpg
56KB, 1280x854px
What was the deal with the monolith?
>>
The books came after, I think, so that explanation and the one in the sequel might not be the original intent.

I saw it as a way alien intelligence help create intelligent life on other planets/dimensions. It's a protal/spaceship/broacasting tower thingy. I think the aliens aren't physical, in fact, they may be us in the future having become pure tought/emotions and not bound anymore by the 4th dimension.

Or it's just some of God's old dominos.
>>
>>86356384
a better question would be what WASN'T the deal with the monolith
>>
It's Malevich's Black Square come to life.
>>
>>86356384
It was, dare I say it, /ourrock/
>>
>>86356384
Whatever you want it to be.
>>
Kubrick had a vaporwave phase, what of it
>>
>>86356384

It's a cinema screen turned on its side. Kubrick was comparing movie watchers to stupid apes, because it's all brainwashing and propaganda.
>>
>>86356384
it represented a big black block and how it would start and end the human race
>>
>>86356384
i think it was representative of single moments that triggered great strides in human evolution, whether it was the monolith that triggered them in the movie is up for debate. the monolith reappears and we make the next step in our evolution, the ending was confusing because its something thats not yet happened so its hard to interpret. however, i think kubrick thought the next step would be something spiritual rather than mechanical. which is wrong.
>>
In the books, the monolith is like the definitive tool, an hyper advanced computer with infinite uses that almost defy the laws of physics
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (113KB, 1200x750px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
113KB, 1200x750px
>>86356384

It represents the big black cock because the movie starts with apes and mankind originated in africa
>>
>>86357004
It's not up for debate in the book.
>>
>>86356841
You mean a big black cock ending the white race.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.