[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rick and morty sucks now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 39

File: IMG_3091.jpg (50KB, 319x461px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3091.jpg
50KB, 319x461px
There actually has been a significant dip in the quality of this show since the women writers

These new episodes are straight generic garbage
>>
Don't really give a shit which gender ruined it but couldn't agree more.
>>
>>86350837
Dude the show's been dipping in quality since mid season 2.
>>
>>86351772
Welcome to Dan Harmon.
>>
>>86350837
Seems fine to me, maybe watch something else.
>>
I not liking season 3, but I can't put my finger on why. Maybe it's just a change in tone.
>>
>>86352023
Now it is written by fans of the show. They don't know how to write so they take the characters and concepts and crank them up to 11.
>>
Justin you idiot, I know you come on /tv/. Stop letting your show become trash!
>>
>>86352211
t. Justin
>>
>>86350837
Yes, first two seasons we kinda relatable and they had good jokes. Now its so much forced its cringy.
>>
>>86350837
generic how?
>>
>>86350837
Welp, that explains the new shitty episodes.
>>
>>86350837
4 was decent and took some good jabs at capeshit without explicit references to specific celebrities and IPs. The last part is pretty damn non-generic if you ask me. Had this been south park, they couldn't go for 5 minutes without mentioning MARVEL (TM) and JOSS WHEDON, winking while making sure we understood the VERY SPECIFIC POPCULTURE REFERENCE.
>>
>>86352023
maybe its just the same as it always was and coming on /tv/ too much has planted negativity about the show in your head, even if you don't take part in the BURRP GOD IS DEAD shitposting
>>
File: womyn.png (7KB, 1265x118px) Image search: [Google]
womyn.png
7KB, 1265x118px
Last three episodes were written by women. Any surprise?
>>
>>86352023
Well, given that every episode is a "reference" to some other piece of media I think the new writers thought that the reference itself was already a quality joke and decided not to put in anymore effort than that.
>>
>>86350837
Man, I stay in this hole for many years, but the genre meme is finally getting tiresome. The 4th episode is very good. Much better than Pickle Rick.
>>
>>86350837
>now
lol, aww your poor cartoon
>>
>>86351772
>mid

All of S2 was of fluctuating quality, honestly. It was nowhere near as good as S1 and S3 shows the same level, with a good 1st ep and meh everything else so far
>>
>>86352899
Why are women so unfunny?
>>
>>86353480
Fucking this

It's Boondocks S4 all over again
>>
>>86353850
I hope Dan and Justin getting their dicks wet was worth earning the respect of Buzzfeed.
>>
It was always bad
>>
>>86353833
This, the show started crumbling at season 2. They must be drinking too much.
>>
File: mqdefault.jpg (8KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
8KB, 320x180px
>>86353850
When God removed the rib from Adam he also forgot the funny bone.
>>
File: falloutface nah.png (41KB, 405x406px) Image search: [Google]
falloutface nah.png
41KB, 405x406px
>>86350837
The show didn't even change one bit, eveyone is hard on its balls because the show got popular.

You all band-wagoned the hype train and now you band-wagon the fucking hate train.

>hurr womans don't know comedy

You're all predictable and easily offended, damn cucks
>>
>>86352023

Maybe it's when you heard they had female writers
>>
>>86353850
Because most women don't need to be funny?

It's just like asking how come someone who lives in a city can't hunt his food
>>
>>86354004
You sound like the Simpsons' post season 10 apologists

If you can't see a dip in joke complexity staring you right in the face, that's your problem

Season 1
>A simulation within a simulation within a simulation with Rick juggling masks while Jerry is shown to be more and more of an idiot as more layers are peeled
Season 2
>get schwifty xDDD
Season 3
>I'M A PICKLEEEEE
>>
>>86354111
Jesus, you know that episode of... Urgh how I met your mother with the shattering glass sound?
Fuck...

I like the cable tv episodes though, but the one in season 2 isn't as good as the first.
>>
>>86354111
Where the fuck did the more intelligent humor go in this show? I liked season 1, season 2 eh, season 3 ugh.
>>
>>86354111
did you fucking stroke out during the psychology scene in the pickle rick episode? If you think the show has declined in quality I just don't see it yet. Only time will tell.
>>
>>86354111

>Season 1
>inane intergalactic television station
>>
>>86354004
There has been a noticeable decline in quality. I don't know why but it's full of lazy poop jokes now.
>>
>>86354434
You know rick like farts and burps during the entire lifespan of the show right? Pee jokes with the dog episode in s1, also an episode with morty fucking a fuck-machine. and you say it's getting lazy now? u fokin wot m8
>>
>>86352578
>jabs at capeshit

What by pointlessly killing them, giving them stupid powers, and injecting stupid melodrama? It's the worst eposide of the show so far.
>>
>>86354329
It's one scene. As opposed to an entire episode. It's a good scene, but come on now
>>
>>86354567

>stupid stupid stupid

Nice critique, I'm sure your friends over at /pol/ would enjoy it
>>
>>86354329
Didn't get one laugh out of me.

Also, what's with all the fucking poop jokes?

>Hehe.. the math teacher eats shit
>Hehe... Rick shat himself when he was wasted
>>
>>86354626
The were also the entire thing of pickle rick being a cheesy action flick. I guess you didn't catch that either.
>>
>>86353850
Most women never learn how to be funny because, unlike many men, they don't need to be funny to get attention. That's why almost every female comedian's comedy pertains to fart and vagina jokes because their joke telling skills never developed beyond age 6.
>>
There seems to be more emotions and bullshit in this season 3 (Rick being psychoanalyzed, the bullshit emotional garbage in the latest one).

I'm not liking the way Rick & Morty is going.
>>
>>86354660
Really though, how did they subvert capeshit? The episode had no purpose.

Also, /pol/ hates the show. They think it's "reddit." I loved the first ep of the new season. Seasons 1 and 2 were good. I'm sorry you're fanboyism can't let see the dip in quality.

>>86354539
And they toned down the burping because it got annoying. Does that tell you anything?

The pee joke works because pee to mark territory and they switched it on humans. Having the math teacher randomly say "Do you guys eat poop too?" Isn't even a joke. It's random bullshit.
>>
>>86354386
You mean the episode where Summer faces existential dread over being a literal multidimentional mistake and the creators got a chance to show off their creativity by adlibbing a bunch of insane shows? Wew, you sure showed me.

>>86354714
You mean a reference to John Wick. And where's the fucking joke in that, exactly? What's the punchline? What does it tell us about the characters involved?
>>
>>86354788
Dogs pee*
>>
>>86354539
>>86354788

Also because some people rub dog's faces in pee to discipline them. The flip is what's funny. And even then it's a week joke.
>>
Alright if the entire writing of the psychology scene is "just one scene".

Then that joke is "just one joke", it definetly isn't the epitome of the episode.

Is it's so hard to understand that this show is both thought-provoking and absolutely nonesense? I mean you guys had 2 seasons to figure out that it's about that. We're all gonna die, lets atleast have some fun.

I've never seen an episode of anything about someone turning into an intellectual vegetable. Showing it's obsurd side like a southpark episode or some shit. But then you guys go and say "it's stupid". Have you even seen the show? They do stupid shit all the time.
>>
File: mokou not people 1501352965526.jpg (100KB, 392x409px) Image search: [Google]
mokou not people 1501352965526.jpg
100KB, 392x409px
>>86352899
Hey. One of the /pol/tards had the balls to come out and say why they're so butthurt about the new season of Rick and Morty.
>>
File: download.jpg (3KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
3KB, 284x177px
the problem is that every episode so far besides the first one was clearly parodying something instead of just being Rick and Morty going on some wacky adventure.
>DUDE MAD MAX LMAO (this one was the worst with how obnoxiously on the nose it was)
>DUDE JOHN WICK LMAO
>DUDE GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY LMAO
season 1 and sometimes 2 had interesting, original premises to their episodes, now it's just HOLY CRAP LOIS WE'RE IN MAD MAX
>>
>>86355002
I'm not from /pol/, I just know womyn aren't funny.
>>
>>86355077
You know every episode has a reference to some other intellectual property right?
>>
>>86353850
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5_IcqrM96M

Obligatory.
>>
File: 1501260506168.jpg (120KB, 781x684px) Image search: [Google]
1501260506168.jpg
120KB, 781x684px
>>86354983
The episode is really stupid on multiple levels. Why does Rick turn himself into a pickle to avoid going to therapy? If he doesn't want to go wouldn't he just refuse, or portal off to some other planet? Doesn't doing this dumb pickle shit to avoid having to go mean that he cared about the family's feelings enough to pretend he didn't mean to blow it off? This is very out of character. Why does Pickle Rick immediately get Morty to roll him out from under the syringe? Why would Rick use something as dumb as a tied up syringe on an egg timer instead of making the pickle serum timed or something? Even by wacky R&M standards it's fucking dumb.
>>
>>86354983
The show isn't even funny anymore though.

Also, pick rickle revels in the worst aspects of the show. It's not hard to see that. The "Do you guys eat shit too?" moment shows that completey.
>>
>>86355168
I doubt it but if that's true, it didn't use to be the entire point of the episode.
>>
>>86354983
Oh boy you really do not get it.

The single good scene in the pickle episode is a jab to a characters' traits which were established previously. It's not a sendoff to anything that happened in the episode. Rick being terrified of his mind comes up not even once during the whole pickle ordeal. Rewrite the pickling into dimension-traveling and you could insert it at the end of any episode.

Even when S1 had absolute nonsense, guess what, it was absolute nonsense connected to the core plot of the episode and they worked off each other. Here the good part is a fucking non-sequitur.

>>86355168
There is difference between HAVING a reference and BEING a reference
>>
File: zardozhead.jpg (49KB, 600x398px) Image search: [Google]
zardozhead.jpg
49KB, 600x398px
>>86355077
Episode 7 of the first season is the most parody heavy episode they've ever created.
>>
>>86350837
>There actually has been a significant dip in the quality of this show since the women writers
Was that season 2? That would make a lot of sense.
>>
>>86355168
Yeah. It's ok if it's funny, like the Purge one or Jurassic Park. They could've done so much more with the capeshit reference.
>>
File: ohigetit.jpg (20KB, 452x339px) Image search: [Google]
ohigetit.jpg
20KB, 452x339px
>>86355231
Because they wouldn't question it because it's what they imagine something Rick would do.

They always say he "does what he wants" and "some multi-universe nonesense". It makes also sense because at the same time he knew it would work he also half-ass his genius as he has done the entire show.

Also Rick is aware his excistense is made to please us, he's aware he is in a show. So he always tries to make something wacky because he knows if he fails to entertain he gets cancelled and therefore his excistense is gone.

That's why he looks into the camera once a while and brakes the fourth-wall.
>>
Yeah Rick & Morty sucks now

That was episode 4 and I can't even think of the first four plots off the top of my head

>avengers shit
>pickle rick
>mad max shit
uhhhhh

I literally cannot remember what the 4th episode was about. I think it was the 2nd one of the season
>>
>>86355397
>So he always tries to make something wacky because he knows if he fails to entertain he gets cancelled and therefore his excistense is gone.

I'm gonna laugh when the series bombs because of that
>>
>>86355397
fuck my spelling sucks
>>
The only good part of the latest episode was Supernova.

Where's the rule34
>>
>>86350837
Agreed.

>Israel

Im done. Women ruin everything.
>>
>>86355397
That explanation seems really far fetched.

And it's not even entertaining.
>>
>>86355653
"Wubba lubba dub dub, it's my new cathphrase"

"9 seasons morty"

"end of this season woo~"

Yea, far fetched.
>>
File: supernova_rnm.png (244KB, 685x1080px) Image search: [Google]
supernova_rnm.png
244KB, 685x1080px
>>86355473
Here you go my dude
>>
>>86353880
Guys behind cartoons and comedy writing wouldn't get pussy any other way
>>
File: 1502239975891.webm (455KB, 840x475px) Image search: [Google]
1502239975891.webm
455KB, 840x475px
>>86350837
The show has always sucked idiot
>>
>>86353850
because they are inferior to men in every aspect.
>>
>>86355795
It's just a dumb joke.

And I mean far fetched in that they'd use to explain his actions. They always use those jokes at the start or end of a season.
>>
>>86354386
The first intergalactic TV was good though. Justin really shines in his shorts I'd say.
>>
>>86352023

>Fire half the writing staff.
>Replace them with women because muh diversity and not for their compitence

Yeah.
>>
File: 1491677848688.jpg (39KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1491677848688.jpg
39KB, 600x600px
>>86350837
>now
>>
>>86355795
Also Wubba dubba whatever is one of those random jokes like let's get schwifty.
>>
>>86350837
I think the scripts this season are really relying in existential and nihilistic philosophy and themes that is going over the heads of a lot of the kids who like the ludicrous spectacle of the show. The folks I watched with were of two minds about this season - those who dig thinky humor loved it, those who I wouldn't peg as running out to buy a literary novel didn't like anything other than mindless action. Sure, you'll say that sounds elitist if you are the second type. That figures. I thought it was great. A ton of effort is going into these scripts this season. It shows. They have to be careful to maintain a balance, though, as relying on subtext and and Psych and philosophy humor might be alienating the Average Joe Sixpack crowd.
>>
>>86355218
Bravo for the male comedians there to actually make funny jokes on the incredibly unfunny responses from the female '''''''comedians.''''''' Was there an actual answer to that question?
>>
>>86357049
Can I see some source for this?
>>
File: 81S04hDC3tL._SY445_.jpg (34KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
81S04hDC3tL._SY445_.jpg
34KB, 312x445px
I've only watched the first season.
I liked it actually, it doesn't press beliefs like everyone acts.
It's mostly just adventures like sci-fi movies.
But I caught the Pickle Rick episode, and while I enjoyed his plot, I hated the psychiatrist plot and everything she was doing and saying.
I was on /tv/ whilst the airing of the Vindicators episode, but because of Pickle Rick episode, I didn't watch the new one.
Instead I watched Xavier Renegade Angel and had a blast.
No preaching religion since the main character is seeking the meaning of life.
>>
>>86350837
>tfw the next Rick and Jerry episode is written by Ryan Ridley

There is hope
>>
>>86355077
>thinks episode 4 parodies gaurdians of the galaxy
>vindicate literally is the anytonym if avenge
>their logo is the avengers logo turned upsidedown
opinion discarded
>>
>>86357232

Look at IMDB.

Eric Acosta, Wade Randolph, Tom Kauffman and Brian Wysol are all shitcanned.

Weather they were fired due to incompitance or contract issues i don't know, after that they decided to hire only women to fill the spots.

It's not as if they one day said "Hey let's fire half the guys and replace them with womyn". It's just that when they decided to hire new ones, they went for a little extra buzzfeed and kotaku creed.
>>
>>86354626
>psychology scene
>It's a good scene
Except it's impossible to take it seriously after you find out that the therapist (more like the RAPIST, heh, how triggering) character is a self-insert
>>
>>86358140
>self insert

I keep reading this here but no one ever gives a source or even the slightest bit of info to back it up.
>>
>>86358049
Wysol left to make his own show on AS.

Acosta and Randolph got kicked off due to their weak writing abilities.

Kaufman...I'm not sure how he got the slip. He might have been one of those guys that demanded for healthcare coverage. There were a couple other guys from the second year (Alex Rubens, David Phillips) that also got canned.
>>
>>86354111
Rick turning himself into a pickle is supposed to seem like a dumb imitation of the show's usual ideas because that's literally what Rick is doing. He's creating an artificial Rick and Morty plot to get out of therapy.
>>
>>86358261
>character is an Asian-American woman
>writer is an Asian-American woman
Anon, it's clear as day. There can be no other explanation.
>>
>>86358769
You guys have some serious problem. Fuck /pol/. You were saying that before the season even fucking started. GTFO.
>>
>>86355397
OH WOW now I get it it's funny thanks
>>
>>86358769
>voiced by Susan Sarandon

If they were wanting to push it as hard as you'd like to assume then why didn't they get an actual Asian American to voice her?
>>
Did Rick and Morty go from white to white genocide?
>>
>>86353850
cause they are boring as fuck in general
>>
>>86359137
maybe ur just not intelligent enough to give them what they want
>>
>>86355272
>There is difference between HAVING a reference and BEING a reference
thread
these womyn writers are so creative as the ones from zombie Simpsons
>>
>>86350837
who cares if it's good or not, it's a fuckin anime
>>
>>86357139
No, people understand it. It's just edgy cringy shit that teenagers can "totally relate to". Blah blah nihlist this, blah blah nothing matters that. It's annoying and it's like a cry for attention
>>
>>86360609
So, everyone find the meaning of life past age 19? Nice, you guys must be enlighted.
>>
File: 1501307048515s.jpg (7KB, 166x250px) Image search: [Google]
1501307048515s.jpg
7KB, 166x250px
>Hey, Morty, could you hand me that *BURP* god on my workbench.
>R-Rick, there is no g-god o-
>That's right, Morty! There is no God! Fuck you and my family. WUBALUBADUBDUB! SHIT ON THE FLOOR! I'M ALWAYS RIGHT!
>*BURP* Hey Morty did you go to the *BURP* store like I asked?
>Y-yeah Rick I s-sure did our fans were t-there with me
>Oh Morty *BURP* good 4th wall hey *BURP* did you *BURP* get *BURP* everything *BURP* on *BURP* the *BURP* list *BU
>W-well I tr-tr-tried Rick except the l-last thing on the list
>'God' is last on the list right *BURP* Morty?
>Y-yeah Rick I couldn't find g-god--
>Exactly Morty! No one can find God because he isn't real! SHIT DICK POOPY POOP WUB DUB
>FUCK GOD, FUCK RELIGION, I'M SMART, WUBBALUBADUBDUB GET SCHIFTWY SHIT ON THE BIBLE YEAH! NIHILISM! *tips fedora*
>hey morty burp come here
>o-okay rick
>look up on that roof you see burp that right there look at that
>w-what rick
>that god on the roof
>b-b-but rick there isn't a god o-
>YOU'RE RIGHT MORTY THERE ISN'T A GOD
>SCHWIFTY DIARRHEA KILL ME NIHILISM
>>
Just watched the last episode. It was excellent. What's fucking wrong with you guys? They even took a shot at diversity quota in movies. You guys are brainwashed.
>>
>>86362909
Rick is against Israel... /tv/ BTFO
>>
>>86362909
When you compare it to episodes from the previous seasons any sane person would see it's hot garbage.
>>
>>86363606
No. Any sane person would see it was as good as the first season. You aren't a sane person anymore. Your brain has literally fusioned with 4chan. You aren't able to think straight anymore.
>>
>>86362750
kek
>>
>>86363606
you're just being a contrarian faggot
>>
s1 great
s2 good
s3 okay
>>
>>86363606
This is true.
>>
Episode 2: Summer yelling at people and being a cunt.

Episode 3: Beth yelling at people and being a cunt.

Episode 4 Universe lady yelling at people and being a cunt

This is not entertaining. It's irritating.
This show has gone to total shot and this is the worst season ever.
>>
>>86352023
Compare it to like mid-south park and how much more depth and comedy you find in that show.
>>
File: rick and morty israel 01.jpg (70KB, 671x379px) Image search: [Google]
rick and morty israel 01.jpg
70KB, 671x379px
> This again.
>>
File: rick and morty israel 02.jpg (60KB, 657x375px) Image search: [Google]
rick and morty israel 02.jpg
60KB, 657x375px
mfw I babble about Israel when I'm drunk too... but.. but not in an anti-Semitic way
>>
This new episode was funny and I really enjoyed it. I hated the writer self-insert in he pickle episoe. but this new episode was really good.
>>
>>86366506
>There's a asian women writing now
>An asian women appear in the show (not the first one)
>It's a self-insert
You guys are... Mad.
>>
>>86354073
This is getting so tiresome. Every single r&m thread is just
>muh dip in quality
>muh female writers
its almost like everyone is spamming the same shit trying to stir up controversy, like maybe they're employed to do it, hmmm.
>>
>>86366669
Or the show just sucks and many people are coming to the same conclusion?
Nah, must be m-muh shills
>>
>>86366598

No one was mad about that. They were mad that a writer wrote themselves into an episode of rick and morty and wrote themselves as being smarter than rick. Their gender and race is irrelevant. Except to race-baiters like you of course.
>>
>>86350837
whaa? I really liked this last episode. Laughed out loud at least 5-6 times. Good ep.
>>
>>86366791
4chan population is filled with brainwashed /pol/tards. They heard womens were in the team now and that the author wanted a more diverse crew. And that's it. They lost any critical tought. They were saying (probably you too) saying the exact same thing about the show before the first episode aired.
>>86366810
You guys are crazy. Not mad. That's what i meant.

>They were mad that a writer wrote themselves into an episode of rick and morty and wrote themselves as being smarter than rick
All in your head.
>>
It's still very entertaining, but I haven't laughed almost at all for the last 3 episodes.
>>
>>86367095
Laughed out loud when Rick did the James Bond walk.
>>
>>86366955
I hate how everyone who thinks the show isn't funny are just /pol/tards mad at women.

There has been a lot of people on tv that enjoyed the show. The simple fact is the pacing and jokes just isn't working.
>>
>>86367148
Dunno, I'm catching a lot of references, but all they do is bring a faint smile. Either jokes are less present or I'm not getting them anymore.
>>
>>86367307
They are indeed less present.
>>
>>86367151
It's mostly because there are a group of /pol/tards who hate women and make themselves very vocal about stuff like this. For every post that really does try to examine what's wrong with the new season, you have five more to bitch about the change in writers and make it into a social justice issue, all probably written by the same couple of idiots.

I too think the quality dipped (it's been free falling since the last interdimensional cable episode, the purge ep and wedding ep are awful) but I think it's more due to how the show's trying to go for a more violent angle with blood and mature themes and whatever else appeals to teenagers that don't understand existential nihilism but talk about it anyway.
>>
File: dougal.jpg (15KB, 200x265px) Image search: [Google]
dougal.jpg
15KB, 200x265px
>>86352899
>episode where the parents get divorced and Jerry is portrayed as being the one who caused it even though she broke up with him

>the first episode written by a woman
>>
>>86352376
Thats what justin would want us to think...
>>
>reddit and memey
shit's alway sucked
>>
>>86366955
I don't think female writers are shit. These female writers are shit though. This is what happens when you instill arbitrary quotas and hire based on that.
>>
>>86367740
Decouple the literal expression of anger from the emotional reaction of anger. People are pissed off because the show frankly sucks now. And so the expression of that being sexist doesn't mean that the actual show doesn't suck. It just means they don't know why it sucks and latch onto a plausible but lazy explanation (feminism caused it!).

Creators should be able to do this routinely (it's what "Don't take criticism personally" means). Criticisms need to be judged and responded to for their emotional impetus (the show sucks), and not entirely by the explicit content of the criticism ("Womyn made this suck!").

It's the litmus test for whether somebody is actually going to improve or not. Emotional maturity means seeing behind words and getting at the actual cause of the problem. In this case, the show has tanked in quality from the first episode, likely due to poor hiring and firing decisions and management of the internal culture.
>>
>>86366669
Women can't write good stories though. Dunno why people are offended over it. It's a fact.
There are some small exceptions to the rule but they don't excuse hiring some hacks to ruin the show for your identity politics.
>>
>>86362019
People stop caring you clod. Other things to worry about. You wouldnt know what considering you're in the demographic of this shitty show
>>
>>86357139
You're doing a lot of reaching to attempt to make a tv show that parodys capeshit seem intelligent
>>
>>86362909
>implying that makes it good
>>
>>86363792
>>86363864
No heaps of people are saying this season sucks

Go look at the comments on YouTube uploads. People are shitting on rick and morty season 4
>>
>>86367740
Go read the comments on a YouTube upload of rick and morty

It's not just 4chan or Le pol. A lot of people who don't even know the writers have changed are saying this season sucks

Because it genuinely does
>>
>>86369579

t. Actually Justin
>>
>>86350837
This was the best episode of the season. Rick is at his best when he's doing his drunk genocide routine.
>>
>>86354788
I'm sorry you don't know what "coprophagia" means.

If you'd known at the time, you'd have found that scene really funny, particularly the bit about the brave hotdog.
>>
>>86375471
Kys
>>
File: weebshit back to reddit.jpg (41KB, 396x382px) Image search: [Google]
weebshit back to reddit.jpg
41KB, 396x382px
>It sucks now

It's always sucked. Fart jokes and poor movie references aren't funny.
>>
I like it. I'm still laughing as hard as I did back in S1.

Stay mad losers.
>>
>>86353833
Season 1 was great, really good. 9/10

Season 2, had ups and downs. I remember it being a toss up between a great episode, or an okay one, with a couple noticeable low points. 7/10.

Season 3 however, so far, every episode aside from the first has been meh, or just not good. If I had to judge on just these 4 episodes alone, I'd give it like a 4/10.

So yea. Definitely not looking good. Even if the remaining episodes are amazing, I'd still say this season is like a 7/10 just because of these weak last 3 episodes.
>>
>>86376522
No you arent, be honest
>>
>>86350837
It always blew goats you fucknut.
>>
>>86376693
You say this but I guarantee you watched both seasons and the last 4 episodes
>>
>>86355385
>Yeah. It's ok if it's funny, like the Purge one or Jurassic Park.

Wow. fuck off, reddit.
>>
is there a single show that didn't become shit after seasons 1-2?
>>
This show is no longer science fiction

It's fantasy now

One parody at a time they are killing this show
>>
>>86352023
PICKLE RIIIICK
>>
File: ledabmanxD.png (426KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
ledabmanxD.png
426KB, 800x480px
*dabs* skrrrrrrt
>>
>>86377088
The Simpsons
>>
>>86377046
What does that have to do with reddit? I've never even posted there in my life. I'm ok with lazy references if it's at least funny.
>>
>>86376599
Same here. The only decent one was the first one. These new writers suck.
>>
I watched a couple of episodes and don't understand the butthurt, seemed ok to me.
>>
>>86377463
>I'm ok with lazy references if it's at least funny.

Oh hi leddit.
>>
>>86377530
It's not even funny, aside from the first episode.
>>
Its certainly worse than last season but its still worth watching
>>
>>86377570
The whole concept of the show is a reference. If the references are what pisses you off you're in the wrong the thread.
>>
File: Brown.jpg (7KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
Brown.jpg
7KB, 320x180px
>>86377650
I'm in a thread for discussion about a shitty TV series? Explain how it's wrong for me to be here. If you want a echo chamber maybe you should go back, friend.
>>
>>86377589
2nd ep was better but both were rather funny
i think /tv/ is once again conflating the show itself with its fanbase
>>
>>86352023
probably because they fired their main two writers and hired a bunch of literally whos
>>
>>86377603
Not really, I was contemplating turn it off in the middle of last ep it was that bad
>>
>>86350837
>87 people responded to this YouTube comment
>>
>>86377745
I don't care really, I'm just saying. It's clearly for people that used to like the show. You clearly never did.
>>
>>86377756
I thought the 2 ep was garbage, although the worst was the newest one.
>>
>>86377872
>I don't care really
And yet here you are talking complete shit and asking anyone with a negative opinion to leave.

Why are you so bothered that o one likes your reddit show?
>>
File: 1478579249622.jpg (37KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
1478579249622.jpg
37KB, 396x385px
>>86377784
>probably because they fired their main two writers

Why would anyone do this?
>>
>>86352211
>>86352376
>>86369579
>>86375463
stop replying to yourself, Justin, and apply yourself
>>
>>86377813
Well I guess that sucks for you
>>
Yesterday's episode was one of the best episodes of the show desu senpai
>>
>>86377944
Like I said, I really don't care. I never told you to leave. I'm just saying you're wasting your time by being in this thread. But by all means keep doing what you want.
>>
>suddenly every episode has a stream of weirdly self-conscious out of character jokes

sorry why would rick, a man who doesnt give a fuck about anything in the universe, least of all earth, have an opinion about isreal

that entire bit was lifted entirely from some dumb conversation between dumb chicks in a shitty california wine bar
>>
>>86352899

2/3 were good episodes

what is the problem
>>
>>86378102
They weren't. That's the problem.
>>
>>86378041
>Like I said, I really don't care.
That's twice you've went out of your way to say that.

I know fans of this show are dumb, but Jesus...
>>
File: wtf.jpg (115KB, 1106x222px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
115KB, 1106x222px
Jesus take the wheel
>>
>>86378205
>female writhers

Sounds sexy
>>
File: IMG_3095.png (91KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3095.png
91KB, 1136x640px
People who think it's only 4chan who hates this season are delusional
>>
quite fucking literally kys it is the same show it was in season 1

just because the novelty has worn off for you or your capacity to enjoy a show is capped in every case to "the first season, before it jumped the shark" does not justify your paranoid fear of women, jews, niggers, pakis, liberals ...etc
>>
>>86378272
they're nazis
>>
File: IMG_3096.png (94KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3096.png
94KB, 1136x640px
>>86378272
>>
>>86350837
completely true there has been a sharp drop in quality
I don't know anything about the writers but 5 minutes into season 3 episode 2 and I felt like I was watching an unofficial episode some redditors made
there were some weak episodes in season two but this shit is unprecedented
I'm sure the embarassing/edgy garbage in the new episodes will be used to discredit the actual good old episodes as well
the show lost any semblence of self awareness
>>
>>86378319
>Mustapha Blaqok

I'm thinking he might be from 4chan tho
>>
>>86378290
It's worse.
>>
File: IMG_3097.png (108KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3097.png
108KB, 1136x640px
>>86378272
>>
>>86378290
It's not the same show, and the animation doesn't even look the same. There's bizarre long-winded monologues at the end of these new episodes. Just a ton of dead air time for an animated show.
>>
>>86378290
retard
>>
File: IMG_3098.png (93KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3098.png
93KB, 1136x640px
>>86378272
Fhdh
>>
>>86378364
What about the 319 people who upboted him and the 71 people agreeing with him in the comments are they all from 4chan too?
>>
>MOOOOOOOOOMM THEY LET GIRLS WORK ON A SHOW! ITS NOT FAIR MOOMMM
>>
File: IMG_3099.png (151KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3099.png
151KB, 1136x640px
>>86378272
>>
>>86378486
I mean the name
>>
>>86378542
It wouldn't be an issue if their writing was up to snuff.
>>
>>86378542
the show has gotten noticably worse
it's not because they're girls it's because they're new writers who clearly aren't as good as the old
>>
File: IMG_3100.png (94KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3100.png
94KB, 1136x640px
>>86378272
Face it guys it's not just a 4chan thing
>>
>>86378486
>Mustapha Blasqok = Must have a black cock
>>
>>86378542
I thought they sucked before I even realized girls wrote the last 3 episodes.
>>
>>86378272
>>86378319
>>86378378
>>86378434
>>86378571
What are you proving other than your own obsessive autism?
>>
>>86378712
That even normies are beginning to dislike the show.

Can you not read or something? lol
>>
>>86378634
>CANT WAIT FOR THE ALIEN COVENANT EPISODE
catering to that faggot is what killed the show.
>>
>>86378712
I think it's fairly obvious
>>
>>86350837
The writing just got lazy. I mean maybe the drop in quality is thanks to new blood. I could honestly see, with the press and the trumpeting of new writing gender equality, that these women, even if they are good, would be impervious to criticism in the writing room.

After all the "YEAH WE'RE DIVERSE NOW MORTY" bullshit how could they possibly give a hard time to their beautiful diverse roses or demand they work harder or redraft or improve any of their jokes.

They are not working as hard, maybe it's the women, but who fucking knows.
>>
>>86378759
>a 2017 cultural reference episode
Can't wait to see that in 2025
>>
>>86350837
The Sneed episode was good
>>
>>86378755

it's almost like people don't have disparate opinions on youtube
>>
File: tv as FUCK.jpg (169KB, 547x547px) Image search: [Google]
tv as FUCK.jpg
169KB, 547x547px
>>86350837
The way this show is going, I bet we are going to have a scene where rick finds out that his wife cheated on him. So he travels to another dimension but he is still cheated on. It becomes a universal truth that Rick is a KEK and this is rick's tragic past.
>>
>>86350837
>Female
>Writers
>>
The violence seems really try-hard now. Like the characters will go on these boring diatribes then a guest character will die a horrible death. It's almost as if they're trying to supplement the shitty soap opera bits with violence.
>>
>>86378836
But who is autistic enough to take a bunch of youtube screenshots, edit them, and then upload them to prove a point to anonymous strangers online?
>>
pickle rick (ironically the edgy pointles hyper violence not the character development), the sex robot/planet of divided genders episode and the second international tv episode are the only episodes that stand out to me as "bad"

Also, no matter how well each individual beth and jerry nearly break up b story was written, I got sick of them, and the divorce is actually moving the plot and character arcs forward.

So we're only halfway through season 3, and only 1 half of one episode (so a 6th so far) has been trash, and the side characterisation is improving.

I think you're all being overdramatic.
>>
>>86355795
>>86355397
They want to do a Deadpool thing... For some reason people still find funny the Deadpool's comics humor.
>>
>>86379359
Agreed. I think everything just seems less well put together, and things like the usual violence seeming added in is the result.
>>
>>86352141

not to be a shitlord but I see this a lot when women take over writing a genre show, they don't get why people genuinely like it and think people are only there to semi-ironically enjoy the silly tropes of the genre and it all gets turned up to 11, like Dexter getting ridiculous and melodramatic rather than an actual thriller when women took over halfway through
>>
>>86379492
The Jurassic Park/Fantastic Voyage thing was pretty lazy as far as reference humor goes. Both have been done a hell of a lot and mashing them together isn't all that clever or novel.
>>
>>86379581
>not to be a shitlord but when women write they get it wrong because they can only mimic human behaviour but not understand it, being the sub-human, parrot-like creatures they are
>>
>>86379702

Yeah, I'd count it as a weak episode for sure. I don't think it was bad though, just acceptable enough to not annoy me. If you hated it that's fair though.
>>
>>86379382
wow you got me. 5 screen shots 5 steps closer to an autism diagnosis

Back to redddddit kid
>>
>>86379492
That says more about you than anything else
>>
My problem (and I'm sure others have this as well) - is that I ALWAYS have the original Doc and Mharti cartoon stuck in my head. I remember watching old channel 101 stuff 5+ years ago. So everytime I watch Rick and Morty, I remember Mharti licking Doc's balls and stroking his cock and stuff. That being said I haven't detected any of Justin Roiland's writing in this season.
>>
>>86357573
>proving their point
>>
>>86350837

It was the ship's AI first day of work, so it messed up in which room the vindicators were supposed to meet, it even stuttered.

>fuckin H.I.L.A.R.I.O.U.S.
>>
>>86380226
I wish I didn't see those clips. They kind of ruined rick and morty for me. Well season 3's shit writing was the nail in the coffin.
>>
>>86380159
Ive been on 4chan since 2008 posting like that for almost a decade. How mad are you?
>>
>>86380159
>Getting this mad over someone pointing out R&M is shit

Go back to llllleddit, faggot.
>>
Agreed. This show was funny and is now turning into a particularity shitty version of Futurama.
>>
>>86378102
2 was so bad.Skipped 3 because pickle rick.
>>
File: IGN.jpg (304KB, 873x569px) Image search: [Google]
IGN.jpg
304KB, 873x569px
Did anyone get a vibe that the V on the vindicators jackets was a jab at Venture Brothers?

Anyways, I am not sure how this is a parody of superheroes if they did almost nothing with it.
>>
File: pickle_rick.jpg (40KB, 413x407px) Image search: [Google]
pickle_rick.jpg
40KB, 413x407px
>>86381655
>skipping the best one
>>
>>86379864
Virgin
>>
File: avgn_laugh.gif (3MB, 190x200px) Image search: [Google]
avgn_laugh.gif
3MB, 190x200px
>>86381756
Are you honestly turning to a cartoon """"""""""journalist"""""""""" for opinions?
>>
>>86381828
I was pointing out how the mainstream viewers still think the show is good. They lowest episode ign rated was episode two with a 7.5
>>
>>86381891
>IGN
Holy christ just when i thought it couldnt get worse. What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
I agree with the decline but I do think the capeshit episode is the best of this season so far.
>>
File: 1501992679003.jpg (81KB, 891x890px) Image search: [Google]
1501992679003.jpg
81KB, 891x890px
Honestly I can't believe any other reason that people hating it because the show got popular
it's pretty clear with the pickle episode, people shit hard on it because it became a big meme but it's actually a great episode
>>
>>86382251
That's because you're a shit cunt though
>>
>>86382438
Explain what makes it a great episode. I loved seasons 1/2 but that episode was awful.

What was awesome? The part where they say in a therapist's office or when Rick explained that cats are afraid of cucumbers?
>>
>>86378712
You're Justin aren't you
>>
File: ign.jpg (182KB, 1007x891px) Image search: [Google]
ign.jpg
182KB, 1007x891px
>>86381891
Rick and morty almost as good as Imagine Party Babyz CONFIRMED
>>
>>86382438
>Honestly I can't believe any other reason that people hating it because the show got popular

Shit writing
Shit animation
Shitty, boring characters
Shit obnoxious vocal fanbase
Every joke is a parody or a fart
Overall shit show

Take your pick.
>>
>>86382703
>waaaaah my opinions > your opinions
Hey kid, ur a fag lmao
>>
>>86382827
Why did the last three episodes start in the garage?
>>
>>86382887
Because that's ricks workshop. Do you even watch the show?
>>
>>86382827
>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH Stop pointing out why my show is shit! You only hate it because it's popular, these other points mean nothing! LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!

Imagine being this mad.
>>
>>86382953
>this is what newfags consider anger
Imagine being this desperate to troll your first person
>>
>>86383048
>Opinions troll me
>Pointing out how I'm wrong is trolling me

Grow a thicker skin there, reddit.
>>
>>86383105
You need some practice kid
>>
>>86383247
k
>>
the plotlines and jokes used to have more deeply considered philosophical baseis or were at least clever. they dont anymore

inb4 pretentious
>>
>>86382935
It might have something to do with hack writers. Wouldn't you say?
>>
>Ant man cucks the black man
>drunk rick was on about israel
>Logic was a white rapper

Episode was decently redpilled compared to the usual Rick and Morty.
>>
>>86383529
nah it was written by womym its irredeemable trash am i right tv do you like me yet tv haha reddit trash lol.
>>
>>86383529
Notice how pol loves this shit show

Normies like me hate it
>>
>>86350837
as long as you're talking about it, it won't go away.
>>
I liked the new episode. The only thing I didn't understand was the needless Logic feature. Rick and Morty has its own vibe, it doesn't need shameless celebrity cameos. That shit was dumb
>>
I've noticed moments in the show where I'm not sure if it's supposed to be some meta satire or what, like the beginning of the pickle Rick episode where Rick mentions that 9/11 was an inside job and the "anti semitic" scene
Anyone notice this
>>
File: 1492478583650.gif (2MB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
1492478583650.gif
2MB, 500x250px
>>86350837
This is when I dropped this (((show))).
>>
>>86385208
In the premiere of this season, during the memory scene Rick can be heard talking about how 9/11 is a false flag to take away our freedom.

Not sure what they are building up to.
>>
>>86385357
Why
>>
>>86354626
it's a pretty dumb scene. it's like a >tfw to intelligent for you
>>
I like it
>>
>>86354329
That was the most unfunny scene yet. Amd dr. Wong is literally the worst character in an animated sitcom ever. fucking mumbling some stupid shit. If you thought that was "smart" humor you really need a bullet to the skull
>>
>>86385412
Not him but Virtue signaling in the abcsenbce of comedy.
It's a sign that they didn't have enough material so they injected something everyone can agree on to get brownie points. Like making a scene where IT'S FULL OF CUTE PUPPIES EVERYONE LOVES PUPPIES AWWW
>>
>>86385512
Yeah but still, why? Everyone can agree.
>>
I marathoned the first 3 minutes. I don't know if I can handle any more.
>>
i'm giving them one more episode to turn it around but if it's the same family guy/saturday morning cartoon action sequences i'm bailing out and never returning.
>>
>>86385648
What exactly do you want to see?
>>
>>86385557
Because then it wouldn't be comedy, You would be playing it safe, afraid to push boundaries or do anything daring. People like new and innovative ideas and scenes.
The only innovative thing this show has done is the nihilism thing but then it's doing it quite excessively.
>>
>>86385587
Yeah, quit when Rick unironically talked about diversity. This is definitely written by fat lesbians or gay niggers.
>>
>>86385670
More emphasis on science fiction, a departure from boring action sequences and jokes that go beyond DUDE REFERENCES I'M DRUNK AND RANDOMNESS LMAO

I don't even think I'm asking for much, just a return to its roots.
>>
Dan Harmon shows should only get one season per
>>
>>86385412
Leftist propaganda.
>>
>>86357266
Is this the new meme?
>>
>>86378378
i agree with this one
>>
>>86385357
You're just as bad as the average leftist snowflake.
>>
>>86385692
Why does comedy have to push boundaries
>>
season 3 is a black stain on R+M.
>>
>>86385830
Because then it is just boring. If comedy doesn't push boundaries it just becomes stagnate. Every creative field needs to push boundaries. If boundaries aren't pushed we would have the technology we do now.
>>
>>86385795
How so? the right supports white supremacy?
>>
>>86385905
Weird considering Jeff foxworthy, Larry the cable guy, and a ventriloquist were the biggest selling stand up acts in recent memory. I don't think they were pushing any boundaries. Just doing the craft correctly
>>
>>86354329

Holy fuck if you think that shallow analysis was complex or intellectually stunning.

It's literally telling viewers what we already know and does so straight forwardly. It even breaks the basic writing rule of "Show don't tell". If you think an out of place monologue by an uninteresting writer insert is complex and belongs in S1, then I wouldn't be surprised to find out you also watch Big Bang Theory because of how "nerdy" it is just because it does a few quick references to pop culture.
>>
>>86354788
>Really though, how did they subvert capeshit? The episode had no purpose.

I agreed with the rest of your post but Rick even directly states several times how shallow capeshit is.
>>
I love how triggering this show is.

There's so many facets to why it's loved, hated, and ultimately discussed on here.

Is it funny?
Is it lame?
Is it smart?
Is it hackneyed?
Is it good?
Is it bad?
>>
>>86386044
If you watch the behind the scenes video you can tell Harmon forced his own experience in therapy into the episode. The conclusion Harmon came to in real life is what he wants Rick to realize.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w6SPXTsoU0
>>
>>86385512
>Virtue signaling
You used that incorrectly.
>>
>>86385758
>DUDE REFERENCES I'M DRUNK AND RANDOMNESS LMAO
But those are its roots. The first scene of the first episode is nothing but that.
>>
>>86385906
That guy isn't even a 'white supremiscist', he's an actual nazi. That guys argument is 100% bunk.
>>
File: you have to go back.jpg (20KB, 482x526px) Image search: [Google]
you have to go back.jpg
20KB, 482x526px
>>86385994
>hurr white people are stupid
>>
File: 1502526956667.png (28KB, 500x480px) Image search: [Google]
1502526956667.png
28KB, 500x480px
>>86385817
Le centrist.

How quaint.
>>
File: Newman III.png (956KB, 1197x635px) Image search: [Google]
Newman III.png
956KB, 1197x635px
>>86354111
>You sound like the Simpsons' post season 10 apologists

This likeness is striking. People are just too invested in the brand to be objective.

Same thing in the Game of Thrones threads. You'll never run out of sycophants. One wonders why the fuck they watched it to begin with if they can't detect a quality drop. Are they just that fucking stupid? Do they think the brand name is what makes it good?
>>
>>86385994
Hello racist leftist.
>>
>>86354111
Woah there buddy leave some cherries on the tree for the rest of us.
>>
actually noobnoob it always sucked
>>
>>86386352
>>86386431
if you think mentioning those three comedians is a dig against white people, then you're the anti-white racists
>>
>>86386352
>>86386431
Wow could you faggots have missed the point any more? Makes me ashamed to be conservative.
>>
>>86354329
easy you's, quality bait there
>>
>>86386464
it's not the 90s anymore you dumb fuck. none of those guys are even remotely popular anymore
>>
>>86355815
That was Gillian Jacobs.
>>
>>86386527
You're such a fucking retard
>>
>>86377220
Yeah, this episode was pretty shit.
>>
>>86386717
Joel McHale was in the Thunderdome Parody. Have Alison, Donald and the poo in the loo guy been in a Rick and Morty episode yet?
>>
>>86381756
I thought the joke was that a team is useless because of inevitable infighting and that there's always the super strong one that could probably solve the team's problems by themselves in less time.
>>
>>86350837
Pretty sure this is a concerted neonazi campaign, considering all the Rick and Morty spam on /r9k/ and """/pol/""" lately. I have no idea what makes you idiots believe you've found the mystical cause of this season's shittiness in women other than because that's what you want to believe.

>>86351340
This.
>>
>>86362750
See? This is the exact bullshit I'm talking about. I would take this Rick and Morty hate a lot more seriously if christnigger LARPers hadn't got such a killer hate boner over the show the past few weeks and would stop spamming LITERALLY EVERY FUCKING BOARD with le god doesn't exist burp man.
>>
>>86350837
It was always shit; you on /pol/eddit just started noticing it cause muh womyn
>>
>>86386354
>Heh, you're not a radical ancap neonazi like me
>You must have no argument
>Pssh nuthin personal, kid
Jesus christ generation Z are such insufferable faggots. I can't wait til the purge. You're the cringiest motherfuckers in existence.
>>
I'm tired of the poop jokes and hyperviolence. That wasn't in the first two seasons so why the fuck have we had three episodes full of both?

Also the shrink self-insert was fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>86386527
Anonymous 08/15/17(Tue)00:34:33 No.86388277 ▶
dont listen to all the naysayers and KEKHOLDS who got BTFO in november... they're the same type of IDIOTS that hate on rick and morty, dumb libtards who dont understand ANYTHING about ANYHTING

fuck THIS IDIOT KEKS

MAGA
A
G
A

the new seasons are GOAT and you idiots are cuckholds who get BTFO by fucking EVERYTHING
>>
>>86378272
>>86378319
>>86378378
>>86378434
>>86378571
>>86378634
YouTube is filled with 10yo and your show always sucked reddit. Now you go back
>>
>6 million ants

What did he mean by this
>>
>>86351772
>Dude the show's been dipping in quality since mid season 2.

More like mid season 1. I noticed a big drop after the original 6 episode run. I would say maybe a third of season 2 was great and so far there hasn't been anything great in season 3
>>
The new episode wasn't bad. I'm just taking the SJW jokes like the safe space and Israel shit as ironic, so it's funny.
>>
No Gods
No Masters
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.