[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Troy: Ayo Hol Up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 211
Thread images: 37

File: DHC6WO5XYAEBmqq.jpg (103KB, 1200x583px) Image search: [Google]
DHC6WO5XYAEBmqq.jpg
103KB, 1200x583px
>Netflix/BBC production
>Troy: Fall of a City

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5103758/

Thoughts?
>>
>Zeus

WE
>>
>>86344345
MOVIE SET IN NAZI GERMANY WITH ALL BLACK CAST URKEL AS HITLER
>>
Don't blacks ever feel ashamed of this?

If my people had no history, no meaningful literature, no repository of myth from which to draw their own stories from and had to rely on the handouts of mistellings of other people's stories, then I'd feel legitimately ashamed.
>>
>>86344345
>An entire generation will grow up legitimately thinking that most european historical and heroic figures were sub-saharan africans
>>
>>86344420
A lot of them genuinely believe they were Ancient Greeks.

If you want to actually make a difference, send this to your local diaspora Greek organization, they'll be super pissed.
>>
File: IMG_4304.jpg (112KB, 694x1060px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4304.jpg
112KB, 694x1060px
>>86344389
WUZ
>>
I find this all the more hilarious because my girlfriend is Greek and hates niggers
>>
AYO WE FROM THE HEAVENS AND SHIT BOI
>>
i hope hector is played by a white man so we can see black achilles brutally destroy him and dragging his naked body through the sand from a horse drawn carriage
>>
>Country 90%White
>This is representational
At least all the sexy girls are white...
>>
>>86344420
>If my people had no history,
did all these african tribes even have writing systems?

greeks and others had their shit written down thousands of years ago, so, what about the africans south of egypt? what about their history and mythologies?
>>
>>86344345

I don't get. Are they doing it in rap or something, like that Hamilton play?
>>
File: bk_877_taleb630.jpg (49KB, 630x400px) Image search: [Google]
bk_877_taleb630.jpg
49KB, 630x400px
Nicholas Taleb (author of the Black Swan) recently got into an argument with a retarded historian called Mary Beard about this very subject. Beard asserted that a "typical family" in Roman Britain included a black father, Taleb proved her wrong with population genetics. Beard got butthurt and her liberal acolytes started harassing Taleb, but Taleb, being a med HOT HEAD didn't give a fuck and continued trolling them all.

His main point was that "diversity" in Roman settings should primarily be about med people and western/northern european people, and shouldn't really include blacks at all - since they were few and far between.

>On another occasion, when he was returning to his nearest quarters from an inspection of the wall at Luguvallum in Britain, at a time when he had not only proved victorious but had concluded a perpetual peace, just as he was wondering what omen would present itself, an Ethiopian soldier, who was famous among buffoons and always a notable jester, met him with a garland of cypress-boughs. And when Severus in a rage ordered that the man be removed from his sight, troubled as he was by the man's ominous colour

>Historia Augusta
>>
>>86344644
He'll be portrayed as evil for killing Patroklos. They're going to make the most sympathetic character evil for Virtue points.
This is Briseis, aka Achilles' rape trophy, so that'll be fun.
>>
>>86344676
>At least all the sexy girls are white...

So it's literally going to be a black guy fucking tonnes of white girls and all the white girls craving his dick?

lmao.
>>
I wish they'd just be honest and admit they're doing this systematically to fuck with people's perception of the past. What irritates me more than anything is when they pretend it's just some whimsical thing.
>>
>>86344907
>yfw the bbc passes it as historically accurate
>>
>>86344839
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5103758/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm
Check it out, none of the women are Black or even non British. It's actually pretty funny
>>
>>86344796

The same thing happened with that idiot Paul Jospeh Watson and even bigger idiot on twitter.

The Bigger Idiot "totally destroyed" the smaller idiot by demonstrating that an extremely small percentage of the Roman population occupying Britain contained North African lineage - there for Roman Britain was filled with sub-saharan Africans.

Followed by "Fucking dumb nazi idiot. Fuck you. *drops mic*" tier responses.

Why is this even an issue anyway?

Why do they so badly want to appropriate another people's culture instead of celebrating or learning about their own?
>>
>Black people's say while people have no culture and that we're lame
>They backwash our culture

...What did THEY mean by this?
>>
>>86344576
looks like Gucci Mane
>>
>>86344950

Why aren't they Greek or Med women?

In the post Mel Gibson era this shit is annoying. Even if it's about fairy tales.

Cast wogs speaking wog.
>>
>>86344953
It's doubly funny as sub-saharan african admixture in North Africa actually increased significantly as a result of the Arab slave trade and conquest, see:

https://www.nature.com/articles/ncomms15694
>>
>>86344960
>Yo, gimme you culture
>Haha, how come you don't have a culture
Pretty much this
>>
File: kivanc.jpg (15KB, 214x317px) Image search: [Google]
kivanc.jpg
15KB, 214x317px
>>86345012
Exactly. No one would give a shit if it were a Western Anatolian Turk or even a Levantine cast in some of the leading roles.
>>
File: racist&sexist.gif (721KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
racist&sexist.gif
721KB, 245x245px
>>86344345
>no kweenz Aphrodite and Helen
>>
File: 1438611847490.png (48KB, 372x399px) Image search: [Google]
1438611847490.png
48KB, 372x399px
Do you guys think we could somehow boycott this and start some sort of shitstorm over it?

This isn't even funny anymore.
>>
>>86345012
>Even if it's about fairy tales.

The Trojan War really did happen. Obviously the epics that followed greatly exaggerate aspects of it, but it was a real historical event. Archaeology has all but proven that.
>>
>>86345173
that just gives them what they want, but don't worry, even if no one complains they'll still blame it on racist white audiences when this shit flops
>>
>>86345173
Your best bet is to get local s. european diaspora organizations involved.

Why should their history be brutalized in the interests of placating blacks in the anglosphere?

Note that this was almost certainly a reaction to the bellyaching about how Downton Abbey, Wolf Hall, War & Peace etc were all "too white".

Watch it crash and burn and then lol. The funniest thing is the most marketable English cultural products in East Asia are all 100% white.
>>
>>86345246
>Note that this was almost certainly a reaction to the bellyaching about how Downton Abbey, Wolf Hall, War & Peace etc were all "too white".
being historically accurate is racist now?
>>
>>86344345

Who's playing Basketballius?
>>
>Paris, Ajax, Priam, and Agamemnon are all white

But why is Menelaus not listed?
>>
>>86345173

M8, if we don't, the BBC and Netflix will just invent a boycott to drum up publicity

>See the mediocre TV mini series the Alt Right Neo Nazi White Sharia Terrorists Don't Want You To See!
>>
>>86345280

Where have you been for the last five years?

Facts, historic or scientific, are both racist and sexist.
>>
>>86345280
Yes, British History should represent the British present, and that means catering to all the bellyaching.
>I can't identify with Thomas More unless he's Thomas Moor, but I'm totally British and color doesn't matter, unless it's not mine
>>
>>86345280
Just drop the "X isn't racist" crap. They've already got you in a rhetorical trap where you are forced to be constantly defensive.
>>
>>86344390
6 million jews die.
Urkel Hitler: Did I do that?
>>
Speaking as a Greek (in before Turk rapebaby etc), this is the end result of letting them into your country and basically handing over your identity to them. Now they can claim British literature and culture in its entirety, from Bede to Shakespeare to Conan-Doyle, while also holding on to their racial identity - while conversely you guys can't adopt a racial identity of your own since anything exclusive to it has been appropriated (quite literally) by this wave of "new Brits" and their "civic identity".

I've always noticed it's always the worst races who demand that they be accepted as "one of the natives", and in spite of this, they're always the most dysfunctional, the least like what we non western-europeans would imagine as a real Englishman etc.

Just isolate yourself from this shit culture in its entirety.
>>
File: 1502431268370.png (3MB, 1924x1262px) Image search: [Google]
1502431268370.png
3MB, 1924x1262px
>>86344390
>When you're so pozzed, even your Nazis are MultiKulti
>>
>>86345547
that's only a fraction of the problem

culture is mostly taught by the father
>>
>>86344345
>literally called BBC

well, rip in feces Britain
>>
>>86345369
i get them being butthurt over not getting represented in original scripts, but shoehorning their races into historical plots!? wtf.

what's next? queen victoria twerking, henry 5th hitting the blunt?
>>
>>86345601
>culture is mostly taught by the father

Oh yeah, the difference between mulattoes with a white father and a black (absent) father is huge. Not even meme'ing, the most resentful ones are always those with a black father.
>>
And Troy's cast was filled with anglos, I don't see the difference.
>b-b-but we wuz and dey wuzn't!!!
Fuck off white boys
>>
File: images (78).jpg (25KB, 311x473px) Image search: [Google]
images (78).jpg
25KB, 311x473px
>>86345846

>Filled with Anglo's

+ token wog.
>>
>>86345846
>And Troy's cast was filled with anglos, I don't see the difference.

Really? I am Greek and I can clearly see there's a bigger gap between casting a Western European actor/actress and casting a full on sub-saharan black. Of course we'd like to see more Greeks/Italians in the cast, but it's not a big deal - if you have 50% of the cast as Black Africans then it is downright insulting.

Pic related, Greek-Canadian actress. Could easily pass for French or British.
>>
>>86345846
No two Races are ever going to be more distinct than a Black person and a Race of any other color.
A white person can pass for a Greek. Also, I do get annoyed whenever something roman isn't done by Meds. Also, when they have British accents
>>
>>86345846
>I don't see the difference.

So there would be no difference between a western Romance of the Three Kingdoms production casting a few Japanese and Korean actors and a western production making 50% of the cast, including all of the sworn brothers, as Nigerians?
>>
>>86346045
>Also, I do get annoyed whenever something roman isn't done by Meds.

No one here gives a fuck, honestly. We expect a British production to feature a prevalence of Anglos, but making Zeus and Achilles and Patroclus black is just insulting.

Would have been cool to have an Italian as Aeneas though.
>>
>>86346045

I find the British accent thing hilarious, but I see why they did it when the audineces were mostly Anglo.

Helps you distinguish between types of people (Cockney or Northern accents for plebs and barbarians, RP for dignified or civlized people etc).

It was weird when they made a point to mention that Maximus in Gladiator was Spanish, but they didn't really distinguish him in any way from the other Wogs.
>>
>>86345318
Underrated
>>
>>86346221
>It was weird when they made a point to mention that Maximus in Gladiator was Spanish

There were a lot of Italian colonies in Spain in the classical period and some quite famous Emperors (eg Trajan) came from these colonies.
>>
>>86346290

Yeah, but I got the impression he was meant to be a native Latin that rose up through the ranks.

Then again, since they never specify it, maybe not.
>>
>>86346050
>>86346045
>a white person can pass for a Greek.
nah that's your culture appropriating ass speaking, you know like the thing you're complaining about?
If it's not race accurate in the first place, why you care? It's not even your british culture that's being threatened. But just because the renaissance was influenced by ancient Greece you've made it part of Western Culture and you're being personally offended.Hypocrisy to the max, claiming the achievement of another civilazation as your own. Every ancient greek's spiritual trip was to Egypt not Manchester.
Finally, good actors can do justice to the characters they're playing no matter the race, age or gender. Would you believe that the female parts were being played by men in ancient Greece? Damn this not accurate casting!
>>
>>86344345
Absolutely retarded, fuck them.
>>
>>86344796
>"diversity" in Roman settings should primarily be about med people and western/northern european people
Such ignorance. Rome had so much diversity, and it wasn't because of the Nordics, but because Sabini, Latini, Etruschi, Umbri and so many more different people lived in the zone.
>>
It doesn't make sense for Aeneas to be black
His mom, Aphrodite, is white, and Priam is white. Aeneas's dad Anchises is the half brother of Priam, so at most Aeneas would be 25% black. But that also doesn't make sense. For that to work Anchises mom Capys would have to be 100% black. Her dad was the son of the founder of Troy, whose lineage leads to Priam, so he can't be black, and her mom was a naiad, and daughter of a River God. Am I supposed to believe a river God and a naiad are black? I don't, but even if they are 100% black that would only make Aeneas 12.5% black. I DONT FUCKING THINK SO.
>>
>>86344953
>celebrating or learning about their own?
So lack of wheel and tribal genocide?
>>
>>86346458
Greeks are white you mongoloid.

I'm Anglo and when I tan and grow my beard I can pass for Greek.
I know this because my Greek girlfriend passed me off as a Greek to her parents for 6 months because she knew they would not approve of her dating a non-Greek.
>>
>>86346648
when logic is racist, adjust logic.
>>
>>86346458
>nah that's your culture appropriating ass speaking

I am Greek. I'm not sure what you want me to say?

We don't identify with you dude. It's true that a lot of Greeks are kind of butthurt towards just about everyone ("us against the world") but most Greeks genuinely believe themselves to be white/european and identify as such, and as a result we'd rather our history be associated with other European actors than Black actors, if it comes down to a choice between the two.

>But just because the renaissance was influenced by ancient Greece you've made it part of Western Culture

It was always a part of Western Culture.

Roman law, the use of Latin and Greek as lingua franca in parts of Europe, the impact of Greek philosophy on Christianity, the impact of Greek art and architecture... All of these things are Medieval, not Renaissance.

>Every ancient greek's spiritual trip was to Egypt not Manchester.

lol @ accepting a snippet of Herodotus as bona fide truth when you've never read him in translation, let alone in classical Greek.

>Finally, good actors can do justice to the characters they're playing no matter the race, age or gender.

That's right. That's why we should perform RottK with a 50% nordic cast.
>>
>>86346648
Genetics are racist. Two white people can have a 100% Black Baby, and two Black people can have a 100% White baby
>>
>>86346458

Greeks are white.

>Finally, good actors can do justice to the characters they're playing no matter the race, age or gender.

Then why did they have to ban a TV show in which Joseph Fiennes played Michael Jackson?

Would you believe that white men played black men in modern America?
>>
>>86346458
>>86346458

>But just because the renaissance was influenced by ancient Greece you've made it part of Western Culture

Wish you would tell the Greeks. They never shut up about inventing and/or saving Western Civilization.
>>
>>86346627
>Rome had so much diversity, and it wasn't because of the Nordics, but because Sabini, Latini, Etruschi, Umbri and so many more different people lived in the zone.

I'm speaking in broad strokes here. When Taleb say "med" he means all of the Italic peoples plus mountain berbers, near eastern people like Phoenicians etc.

Even within the Celts there is a lot of diversity. That is something that could be explored.

Also there is an Ethiopian hero in the Iliad, no one would care if a black guy had been cast in that role. But they decided to blackwash half of the Greek pantheon instead.
>>
File: bfg2ndh786fz.png (263KB, 1912x1956px) Image search: [Google]
bfg2ndh786fz.png
263KB, 1912x1956px
>>86346681
>I know this because my Greek girlfriend passed me off as a Greek to her parents for 6 months because she knew they would not approve of her dating a non-Greek.

My sister had to do something similar.

You should count yourself lucky. Greek families will eventually accept a non-Greek European, but if you're not European descent it's unlikely they'd fully accept you.
>>
File: 1497341788229.jpg (48KB, 492x449px) Image search: [Google]
1497341788229.jpg
48KB, 492x449px
>Aeneas
>forefather of Romulus and Remus, founders of Rome
>Rome's founders were black
>>
>>86346648
why do you caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare
>>
>>86346947
Her dad once told me "eh you're not bad for a foreigner"
I expect that's the nicest thing he'll ever say about me.
>>
>>86346999
He'll come around in time m8, trust me.
>>
>>86346648
I just figured it out for real. The naiad is the sister of the founder of Troy's father, who has to be white, which means she is white, which means Aeneas is 0% black.
>>
>>86346947
The map is bullshit. Italians always rank higher than most European states for negative views on blacks and muslims.
>>
>>86346681
>Greeks are white you mongoloid.
Yeah whenever you're stealing history Greeks suddenly become white. Fuck off.
>>86346722
Oxi neofilele greke den ''anikomen eis tin disin'' epeidi kapoioi se thelan na gineis me to zori eurwpaios. Ama psonizesai na vlepeis to Brand Pitt kai ton Butler na sou kanoun tous ellinarades na anexteis kai ton arapi pou stin xalaei. Ithopioi einai mporoun na paiksoun mythologika proswpa.
>>
>>86346997
>lmao why do u care about a systematic propaganda effort to make western youth believe that every other prominent figure in western history was black?
>>
wtf is up with hollywood and roman/greek mythology. you would think they would try using stories from other parts of the world. haven't we drained that shit dry already.

Give me some of that crazy shit like Kali.

or that god and goddess where if they fuck a big bang happens and the world is destoryed
>>
>>86344805
so we gonna see another blacked episode in this show.
>>
>>86347020
I think "you're ok" was his coming around.
Should probably mention they're Cypriot which I notice is a darker red in all categories on the map you posted.
>>
>>86345993
>Of course we'd like to see more Greeks/Italians in the cast
we don't know what Greeks/Italians looked like in ancient times very well. whether they were as dark featured is debatable, many prominent Romans had blue/grey eyes and blonde/red hair for instance.

so i don't know if casting Brad Pitt as Achilles was complete bullshit or not, it's hard to say.
>>
>>86347069

t. grekili / neokiprioi
>>
>>86345173
>we
>>
>>86347189
It's plausible they'll play up the homo stuff with patroclus, which makes blacks go apeshit usually (pun intended).
>>
>>86347069
>Ithopioi einai mporoun na paiksoun mythologika proswpa.
>"Because Memnon (a minor figure) was Ethiopian, that means making Zeus, Achilles and half of the cast black makes sense"
>"Similarly, a Swede can play the Yellow Emperor or any of China's other culture-heroes, it's not like these are ethnic religions or anything"

A+ logic my Syriza-voting friend.
>>
>>86344420
>race of thieves
>ashamed of stealing someone culture and history
Wew lad
>>
File: 1502500979701.jpg (54KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1502500979701.jpg
54KB, 657x527px
Where does the notion come from that Greeks 2000 years ago were niggers?
>>
>>86344345
I can only imagine white women watching this

literal waterfall between their legs.
>>
>>86344796
Rome was "diverse" in the sense they conquered parts of North Africa, but those people stayed there (mostly, if they weren't slaved or used in arenas, you get the idea) but they certainly were not liberal, marxist, multicultural family type of """"""""""diverse""""""""""2
>>
File: ahahahahaha.gif (1MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
ahahahahaha.gif
1MB, 200x200px
>>86344345
>BBC production
Bongs are paying for this.
>>
>>86346947
>posts pic without sources
>>
>>86346648
Cultural marxism sees established culture as oppressive and minority as something that needs to be freed from oppression.

Read Frankfurt School, especially Marcuse and Adorno, to understand why historical facts are being eroded.
>>
>>86347069
Stop embarrassing us you fucking cunt. Go shoot up some heroin in exarcheia and leave the civilized, industrious people of the Greek diaspora alone.

>>86347827
No doubt. People forget that this was a period of history were 90% of people were sedentary subsistence farmers, and most of the other 10% were tied to local cities and towns in sedentary trades.

The idea of huge classes of people moving around purely for economic reasons is a post-industrial concept.
>>
I wouldn't be surprised if they made a movie about black vikings at this point.
Fucking everyone was black according to Hollywood and the BBC.
>>
>>86347820
Fellow accelerationist or just a cuck? Either way, lantern jawed harpy white women gotta go. We need more KANGS kino.
>>
>>86347961
on the plus side once they've made black history white history we don't need to feel guilty for the Holocaust or the crusades or slavery anymore.
>>
File: das rite.jpg (42KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
das rite.jpg
42KB, 500x500px
>>86347069
>Yeah whenever you're stealing history Greeks suddenly become white. Fuck off.
GREEKS WERE CLEARLY BLACK MEN
>>
File: 1441527052079.webm (77KB, 500x305px) Image search: [Google]
1441527052079.webm
77KB, 500x305px
>>86344345
>Thoughts?
ay yo love me some kangs but yall gotta out do this otherwise dont mean nothin gnome saiyan?
https://youtu.be/tAtbzV8CTV0
>>
>>86347069
>Yeah whenever you're stealing history Greeks suddenly become white. Fuck off.
https://youtu.be/YnMcs_5oTV8

HANDSOME!!!
>>
Blacks as a hunter-gatherer group were few in population in those times, especially around the Sub-Saharan areas where climate makes it impossible to thrive in terms of population numbers.
To argue there were blacks in those times anywhere near Anatolia when they were isolated by the Sahara, when their numbers were mostly congregated towards the Central-Western parts of Africa and some Eastern parts far away from the meds where climate and nature allowed larger population sustenance; is to argue from a perspective of not only historical ignorance, but also ignorance of all DNA archeology and tracing, science itself, as well as basic logic and critical thinking.
Takes a complete cerebral shutdown.

On the other hand
>trying to mess with Greek history with the racial justice shit
>a people who have just come out of 4 centuries of oppressive Ottoman rules, not to mention Roman oppression before that
>a people who are still trying to find their identity
BBC has finally started stuffing its hands into a beehive by fuckign with Med people with their social justice shit.
This won't end well for them.
>>
File: 1468476305916.png (6KB, 356x480px) Image search: [Google]
1468476305916.png
6KB, 356x480px
Remember there is no such thing as white people.
>>
File: 1397900560259.png (114KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1397900560259.png
114KB, 250x250px
>>86348043
this is why i'm unironically all for this trash
the less spotlight whites have, the better. maybe asia can play with the reigns of the world for a little while, because whites have done a horrible job at it with their fucking feelings and welfare and shit.
>>
File: 1484119513833.png (82KB, 624x434px) Image search: [Google]
1484119513833.png
82KB, 624x434px
>>86344345

To be fair, they don't have any great literature or poems of their own so all they can do is copy white people
>>
>>86347210
yes we do. There's bean numerus reconstructions the same as for the pharaohs and all other ancient peoples. That's why anglos claim that Roman Britain was diverse as fuck.
>>
>>86346947
that map is from 2015 pre migrant crisis. Most of Europe is red now
>>
>>86347766
you mean 3000 years ago
>>
>>86344508
They won't.

Europeans are not as stupid or uneducated as "other" places. They will grow up thinking raceswaps are fine and that sucks.
>>
>>86346947
>dubsland
>slovaks
>greeks
best countries or bestest countries

also
>bongistan
>francistan
laff
>>
>>86348130
was he a twink?
was he a bottom?
was he a cute?
>>
>>86344796
>>86344732
The funny thing is, the only blacks who had contact with classical civilisations like Greece and Rome didn't even look like the nignogs that were depicted in that BBC documentary. They were described as like Indians in appearance but with curly hair, and they lived in North East Africa. They were modern day Ethiopians and Northern Sudanese, who are genetically and culturally different to West African descendants in the New World. It's like a Torres straight islander claiming east Asian history, just because they share an ocean.
>>
is there anything blacks wont steal?
>>
>>86348214
pic related is why i'm against it. you fuck with a man's memories and you can destroy him. it's no different for an entire civilisation.
>>
>>86348381
so who were the Trojans?
>>
What's seems to be the problme? Ancient greeks were black and it's a proven fact.
>>
>>86349104
my guess would be Phoenicians mixed with the sea peoples, something like modern Lebanon
>>
>>86349125
SUB SAHARANS STOP APPROPRIATING MEDITERREANEAN CULTURE

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: tfw ur warlord is a cutie.jpg (105KB, 675x871px) Image search: [Google]
tfw ur warlord is a cutie.jpg
105KB, 675x871px
>>86348634
All of the above.
>Y-you wont stab me in the back before I take all of Asia, will you, anon?
This is why they had to use poison. Couldn't look their warlordfu in the eyes and kill him.
>>
>>86349088
It's never happened and it's guaranteed to never happen now with the eternal archive of the internet.

Even after thousands of years and dozens of empires, people still proved there was 6 foot, blonde-haired mummies in Ancient China, pre-dating some of the more traditional asians there.
>>
>>86349181
i was asking the guy who said "we know," a guess is no good.

also given that Troy was western Anatolia, a land heavily inhabited by Greeks, it's more likely that they were Greek no?
>>
>>86344345
The Anus character should be black, I hate it when they bleach the role of the anus.
>>
>>86349279
m8 our memories of the last decade of global politics is a confused mess. 99% of people couldn't tell you what the Arab Spring was, or what countries American troops are fighting wars in right now, or what really happened to JFK or what really kicked off WW1.

intellectual laziness combined with apathy combined with enormous amounts of misinformation and propaganda makes our conceptions of the world very easily to manipulate. and if we don't know our history we do not know who we are, and where we should be going. 30 years ago Americans would have burnt cities down to prevent the Patriot Act, but here we are.
>>
>>86349281
there were no greeks at the time. There were only tribes.
>>
>>86349419
The Greeks were a tribe. Just like the Romans were a tribe that owned all the other Italic tribes.
>>
>>86349474
>>86349419
>The Greeks were a tribe
didn't know that. progenitors of the Greeks then.
>>
>>86349375
I'm not trying to annoy you, but I think more apathy in whites is a good thing. Too many screeching white women and their beta, enabling men rally for faggot causes.

Whites need to go apathetic-isolationist for a while and leave the world stage instead of being the go-to punching bag for every single shitskins minor problem.

If the colored masses want to cosplay as vikings or romans or fucking hitler, it really doesn't matter in the long run, too much has been preserved in the Western Canon by people far more invested in correct historical preservation than you or I.

But I understand your natural concern.
>>
>>86349525
>didn't know that
that's okay. Majority of European countries are just names of tribes that managed to not be absorbed or die out. Like Swedes were an ancient scandi tribe, not just a language group like they're considered today.
>>
The people living in Athens had little to no contact with people living in Rhodes. That's like saying people in the middle ages were Germans when Germany didn't exist until the 19th century. We just call them Greeks because it's easier, but if you study history you have to know to differiate between them
>>
>>86345993
I'd launch my ship for her if you know what I mean
>>
>>86349619
what I'm asking though is if it isn't probable that the people known to history as the Greeks wouldn't be of the same ethnic group as the Trojans, given that those Greeks inhabited the same area.
>>
>>86348995
This. Atleast depict the right kind of nig. It's funny how Hollywood pretends to be for diversity yet never correctly depict the diversity of a given region. It's quite offensive actually.
>>
>>86349104
Western Anatolians.

Turks are literally native Anatolians. They have very little actual Turkic genes.
>>
>>86349711
i can't answer that, i'm stupid, wait for the other guy to answer you
i doubt they were the same, genetically, early tribes were known for eugenics-like practices and selective breeding, discarding incorrect offspring. some tribes would not allow certain hair colors or eye colors in their nobility and stuff.
>>
File: 122049573930.png (18KB, 180x153px) Image search: [Google]
122049573930.png
18KB, 180x153px
>>86349864
>Turks are literally native Anatolians
r u trying to trick us?
>>
>>86349564
Wise man is wise.

Does Nicholas Nassim Taleb post on 4chan?

>>86349419
>no greeks

There were Achaeans, who were basically the same people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_of_the_Greeks
>>
>>86349620
They were very well aware of the fact they belonged to a single ethnic group, who worshipped a single pantheon with a single language. Where it starts to get fuzzy is with northern people like Macedonian Greeks.
>>
>>86349899
No. Why would I?

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0166218X08003661
>>
>>86344600
>hates niggers
I have some bad news about your girlfriend, anon...
>>
>>86349864
during the Peloponnesian Wars a lot of the conflict was over the Greeks living in western Anatolia. obviously this is centuries after the fact, but i know little of the history before then.

the population living in Anatolia has changed a lot in the last few millenia with so many migrations.
>>
Black actors, Made by BBC. BBC, we all know what it stands for. Why are the britts such cucks ?
>>
>>86350055
>the population living in Anatolia has changed a lot in the last few millenia with so many migrations.

No it hasn't. The picture that emerges from population genetics the world over is that there has, in most places, been very little change to the original neolithic settlers. There are exceptions, but in the case of Anatolia you're talking about a region of about 10,000,000 people circa 1000AD settled by, max, 100,000 Turks, many of whom weren't pure Turkic anyway because of Persian admixture.

The belief in a pure Turkic descent thing is a post-Ataturk LARP designed to bring cohesion to a nation that was basically "people who didn't identify with any of the post-Ottoman states".
>>
File: IMG_0673.jpg (84KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0673.jpg
84KB, 640x640px
>>86344576
>kAnGz
>>
>>86350214
but before then you must have had Egyptians, Greeks, Romans, Gauls, steppe peoples, Thracians, Phoenicians, and whoever else coming along the Silk Road all intermingling to some extent in the area. i don't know anything of the DNA testing so i'll just take your word for it though.

all i was originally wondering was who the Trojans were most closely related to.
>>
>>86350458
You're overestimating the numerical impact of these peoples. Everything you are questioning is answered by the simple fact that something like 97% of all people on the Eurasian landmass lived a sedentary existence of some kind (90-95% subsistence farming / the remainder being tradesmen).

The actual _numbers_ of sword wielding nomads and international merchants were comparatively tiny.
>>
>>86350551
yeah that sounds fair enough, similar to how all the migrations into England didn't do much to change them genetically.
>>
>>86348579
>"other" places

You mean "White American" ?

Fucking sick and tired that White americunt make this stuff
>>
File: Capture.jpg (23KB, 685x163px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
23KB, 685x163px
Checkmate, /tvpol/.
>>
>>86348157
>not to mention Roman oppression before that
Greeks were well integrated into the Roman empire, mate. Greek language and culture was prized above all else by the senatorial aristocracy. Hell, the Byzantines were both Greek and the only solid continuation of the empire after the fall of the west.
>>
The BBC might be the worst tv channel in the history of ever, how can brits watch that, they literally cant stop talking about africa or africans
>>
>>86350724
but only one of those is correct anon
>>
>>86350823
>they literally cant stop talking about africa or africans
It's literally called BBC.
>>
>>86350823
It astounds me the number of cucks who capitulate as soon as they get one mean looking letter from TV Licensing. They literally pay to have this organisation that clearly hates them and their country shove their propaganda down their throats.
>>
>>86349016
advice for finding a job
>>
Why do black people have those wide squished noses? Genuinely curious.
>>
>>86344345

I thought the BBC loved Europe
Why are they trying to offend the Greeks and Italians at the same time?
>>
>>86344805

In all ways that matter to civilised humans, Odysseus is the most sympathetic character in Homer by miles
>>
>>86349016
Your job ?
>>
>people complaining that whitewashing doesn't exist since the production is american/british etc the actors should be chosen from that population
>british production about ancient Greece
>the actors are British and not a single one is Mediterranean
>some of the British actors are black
>this is somehow a problem
>>
>>86352238

There are far more wogs than blacks in Britain
>>
>>86352238
Different European ethnicites are often interchangeable physically. Colin Farrell could pass as a Greek in Greece with complete ease, as one example.

A typical Nigerian could, however, never pass as a Greek. What is so hard to understand about this? It's not like the people complaining about ScarJo in GitS were complaining about her "not being Japanese", they were complaining about her "not being ASIAN".
>>
>>86352444
Yes and people rightly defended the casting. Hollywood shouldn't have to search for no name Asian actors when the source material is Japanese. Japanese people shouldn't have to cast anglos in a Romeo and Juliet play. It's acting, grow up.
>>
ok i have to admit this is getting a bit ridiculous. i dont get why they keep doing this
>>
>>86352238
>English production
>Greek story
>English audience
>English actors
people don't get angry

>English production
>Greek story
>English audience
>English and African actors
people get angry. it has something to do with the fact that western countries are all multi-ethnic now, and Hollywood is very determined to represent that. but many people don't want their countries to be multi-ethnic, they resent it, and they don't want their media to be representative of the demographic that they hate.
>>
File: 1481457185010.png (121KB, 1378x904px) Image search: [Google]
1481457185010.png
121KB, 1378x904px
What's the issue?
>>
>>86352627
>Yes and people rightly defended the casting.

Actually they didn't. The MSM was fairly unanimous in its panning of the choice as "dis-privileging Asian American acting talent. If by "people" you mean randoms online, then yes, I'd agree, but don't pretend there's the same level of elite-level controversy caused by blackwashing as there is by putative "white washing".

Blackwashing is never criticized by the mainstream, not even once.

>Japanese people shouldn't have to cast anglos in a Romeo and Juliet play.

No, they should cast Japanese. Likewise, British should cast Whites. Britain is a White nation.
>>
File: 1495121723231.png (721KB, 5584x3104px) Image search: [Google]
1495121723231.png
721KB, 5584x3104px
tick tock tick tock white boi
>>
File: 1494533239139.png (134KB, 613x808px) Image search: [Google]
1494533239139.png
134KB, 613x808px
itt salty white "men" jajajjaja
>>
>>86352717
Well then complain that your country is a capitalist immigrant infested shithole with an artificially altered racial identity and don't complain that the casting in a greek tragedy isn't ''racially accurate''.
>>
File: 1497517119288.png (532KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
1497517119288.png
532KB, 894x894px
>>86352962
why cant i do both anon
>>
>>86352898
>Likewise, British should cast Whites. Britain is a White nation.
Should someone tell him?
>>
>>86352996
because as I've already explained the anglos playing greeks part isn't accurate in the first place.
>>
>>86344420
>If my people

Tell me about your 100% ancient Greek heritage.
>>
>>86352999
>Should someone tell him?

If Britain is a propositional nation based on Blair/Cameron-esque "British values", then virtually every single English/British person prior to the 20th century was not a real Englishman/Briton by those same propositional standards.
>>
>>86353041
>because as I've already explained the anglos playing greeks part isn't accurate in the first place.

This issue of accuracy isn't a binary matter. It's on a spectrum. Britons are quite literally closer to Greeks genetically than either are to Sub-Saharan Africans.

That's how divergent evolution and genetic drift work my man.
>>
>>86345173

I think we should all go to Walmart and empty out the Summer lawn furniture section of every tiki torch they have.
>>
SO U BE SAYIN AND I MEAN U BE SAYIN DAT WE MITE BE CALLIN OURSELVES GODZ N SHIETT?????
>>
>>86353041
if the people of Mogadishu had the wherewithal to scrape together the means and the desire to put on a show of Hamlet I wouldn't expect them to cast a bunch of Danes.

this thread is mostly just proxy for getting angry at multiculturalism. people taking work from across the world and reworking it in their own way is perfectly standard and fine human behaviour. but an English production making Zeus and the progenitor of Romulus black is a sign of the end times to the Englishman. it means that English media is no longer just English.
>>
Just like I didn't care about the casting for the school play, I don't care about this. It isn't being passed off as historical revisionism, so why would anyone care?
>>
File: 1500378869545.jpg (71KB, 599x278px) Image search: [Google]
1500378869545.jpg
71KB, 599x278px
jajajjajaja cry more white bois
>>
>>86353045
Not him, but I am Greek. That said, Greek civilization is a shared part of the Western world.
>>
>>86353345
https://www.unomaha.edu/news/2015/01/fertility.php

Blacks now have below replacement fertility for the first time in US history. And as the cost of living accelerates and automation decimates even more jobs, don't expect it to get any better.
>>
>>86353337
>It isn't being passed off as historical revisionism

In de facto terms? Yes it is. It's an adaptation that is played fairly straight (as opposed to say, the Brad Pitt adaptation of Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, which wasn't at all and thus could be afforded more liberties). When a classical production is played straight, I expect it to be all-white unless historical accuracy calls for the inclusion of non-whites, e.g. Memnon is an explicitly non-white character and should be played by an Afro-Semite.
>>
File: 1500259064049.png (17KB, 361x305px) Image search: [Google]
1500259064049.png
17KB, 361x305px
>>86353402
>implying i'm black

I'm a white hispanic so I can play both sides jajajaja
>>
>>86353536
>white hispanic
>>
File: 1502163228804.jpg (137KB, 1024x525px) Image search: [Google]
1502163228804.jpg
137KB, 1024x525px
>>86353603
white enough to fool you alt-right fags
>>
>>86353536
As a Greek, why would you side against other White people? I really don't understand White Mexicans, do you really buy into the whole Aztec Chicano LARP thing? Seems kinda self-hating bro (not to mention pathetic). You are Iberian colonists. Deal with it.
>>
>>86353473
>in de facto terms? Yes it is.
No it isn't. you just want to justify your victim complex. It is truly pathetic
>>
>>86353473
It's funny how people broaden the ''white'' population when talking about the Romans, ancient Greece, Russian literature but then narrow it down again when they're being their natural racist selves. White history is a stupid term and literally doesn't exist. Stop thinking like a dumb American who can only see the world in three, maximum four colors
>>
>>86353694
>No it isn't

What suggests to you that it is not purporting to be an accurate adaptation of the source material?
>>
Fucking niggers can all go to hell
>>
>>86353759
The fact that it doesn't claim to be an accurate adaptation anywhere in the advertising material.
>>
>>86353730
>natural, racist selves

I'm a Southern European. Nordicism holds no interest to me, but the broader identity to which I belong is "white" (which is essentially shorthand vernacular for "of European descent"). My civilization is European, my religion is Near Eastern and European, my history is a mish-mash of different European polities, my language is Indo-European in origin, the people who have come to my country's aid in the past have all been European.

What exactly do you want me to do? Pretend to be black to get on-board with some retarded DNC big-tent anti-white movement that American "PoC" invented for themselves?

What's more absurd, the notion of European civilization or the notion of "PoC" as a cohesive and meaningful identity in any way?
>>
>>86352922
Why aren't white people making kids?
>>
>>86353661
I do side with the whites my fellow untermensch. I'm just posting triggering shit to wake people up.
>>
>>86353798
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_silence
>>
>>86353848
Shitskin problems
You're a mongrel rapebaby
Kys
>>
>>86353883
feminism
>>
>>86353895
Fair enough bro. I always get on well with Spanish people so I was just curious.
>>
>>86353883
Nobody is, the cost of actually procuring some basic level of security today is higher than it was in the 1900s. Any net gains made from mass immigration are immediately nullified by the gigantic demand-side pressures it creates on real estate markets.

Populations need to decline -> Real estate needs to become more affordable -> Family formation becomes more economical at younger ages.

Also feminism/liberalism.
>>
>>86353848
>Nordicism holds no interest to me
Why is that?
I'm suggesting that you don't fall on the PoC/white false dichotomy as you're doing right now because as you say in your own words, it is retarded and historically inaccurate. Europe shares common values,language origins etc but it consists of diverse cultures and civilizations that shouldn't be mashed up as one.
>>
>>86354108
>and civilizations that shouldn't be mashed up as one.

There is one, single western civilization. The fact we're all so equally vulnerable to arguments from emotion vis a vis refugees regardless of whether we are Italians, Germans, Greeks or even Balts is a good illustration of this.

Western Civilization consists of three things:

>Greek philosophy (and aesthetics/art).
>Roman/Germanic law.
>Christianity.

Now you can subdivide from within that, for example there's a "Slavic Sphere", or an "Orthodox Sphere", but they still have the same common roots. What Byzantium transmitted to Kievan Rus for example was essentially 1, 2 and 3. In a more mediated way than the WRE's successor states inherited, because it was later on of course.

Another reason I'm very assertive about a "European identity" is because it's ironically harder for a non-white person to subvert it, as its more implicitly racial than the various national identities, which have been cucked by confused and muddled ideas about propositional identities.
>>
>>86354108
>Europe shares common values,language origins etc but it consists of diverse cultures and civilizations that shouldn't be mashed up as one.
it's something similar to how if aliens suddenly threatened earth then all of humanity would band together with much of the previous enmity forgotten.
>>
>>86345547

My edition of The Norton Anthology of English Literature is edited by (((Stephen Greenblatt))).
>>
>>86346458
Greeks are white, you Jew..
>>
File: Brits in Tangier.jpg (71KB, 418x800px) Image search: [Google]
Brits in Tangier.jpg
71KB, 418x800px
>>86351284
>>86350823
It's the dumbfuck colonials who came with this Big Black Cock shit. The British Broadcasting Corporation existed for decades before their acronym was stolen by ignorant New World cunts.
>>
>>86346648
Television is bad for you. The BBC is purposely encouraging people to stop watching T.V. by using the most repulsive creatures known to man - negros. Read the Iliad instead, anon.
>>
>>86354471
Anon, everybody knows that. They're just mocking you.
>>
>>86344345
>ares is black
>aphrodite is white

BBC sure puts their agenda everywhere.
>>86352717
Yes, people don't want to live in Brazil, let alone glorifying turning into Brazil.
>>
>>86350724
White genocide is a myth
White suicide is real
>>
>>86354844
Forced suicide*
>>
>>86354923
You'll never get anywhere by blaming "da joos". It makes you just as bad as BLM protesters who blame whites for all their problems.
>>
>>86350803
Not exactly. When Rome started integrating Christianity, it started dissolving old Greek values, which fucked the Greeks.
>>
>>86344420
You don't seem to know niggers.
Thread posts: 211
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.