[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Say you have to show your little brother/cousin the story of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 7

File: Passion-flogging.jpg (265KB, 628x403px) Image search: [Google]
Passion-flogging.jpg
265KB, 628x403px
Say you have to show your little brother/cousin the story of Jesus, but you only have two available movies to show them.

The Passion of Christ or Jesus Christ: Superstar?
>>
>>86326409
This is unironically kino

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8lzmbAn8_Y
>>
>>86326409
I've always wondered why Jim Caviezel never went on to greater success.
>>
>>86326832
its almost as if the people in charge of the entertainment industry hold some kind of grudge against him or the person he played for some very strange and unexplicable reason
>>
>>86326970
Inexplicable*
>>
>>86327017
thanks senpai not a native speaker
>>
>>86326970
While Caviezel is Catholic, you are aware that Jesus was a Jew, right?
>>
>>86327364
>you are aware that Jesus was a Jew
so am i as i believe in the lord jesus christ
unlike the subhuman hebrew filth that blasphemes against God with every breath they take
>>
>>86327553
i'll be watching you
>>
>>86327553
Just pointing out that Jesus was Jewish.
>>
>>86327553
kike
>>
>>86326832
Didn't a lot of fucked up things happen to him while creating that film?
>>
>>86327656
just pointing out that everyone who believes in Jesus is by definition a jew unlike those who call themselves jews but are not but are the synagogue of satan
>>86327712
my God can reincarnate Truth itself as a jew
no other god has ever done anything like this
>>
The Passion of Christ all along

so he can see the suffering of Jesus
>>
>>86326409
Why don't you just read him the bible? It's not that long.
>>
>>86327781
Motherfucker got struck by lightning TWICE.
>>
God is about as real as the tooth fairy or santa claus. Sorry but your parents lied to you so you could behave.
>>
>>86327959
>2017
>not being catholic

wew
>>
>>86327364
Satan isn't.
>>
>>86326409
the passion of the christ. i never would have watched it if my catholic high school didn't take us to see it. i'm glad they did.
>>
>>86327959
Your fedora is so tight it's keeping the blood from flowing to your brain.
>>
>>86327931
>>>/lit/
>>
>>86328027
I go to the Episcopal church but I still refuse to believe in the existence of an all powerful entity because it is outside the realms of science.
>>86328131
You think a hat meme will make me believe? You average christians are about as secular and cowardly as any other agnostic. There is NO god, deal with it.
>>
>>86328027
How can you guys be religious but browse 4chan? That never made sense to me?
>>
>>86328315
is shitposting a sin?
>>
>>86328315
have faith and you will understand
>>
>>86328315
This place is not only sinful but rots your brain. No one that's truly devout should be on 4chan.
>>
>>86328233
>he thinks he has any say in the existence of an infinite, transcendent being that exists beyond the observable universe
>>
>>86328380
Yeah.
>>
>>86328380
Gluttony is a sin.
>>86328455
No one that's truly devout should be on the internet. If you are not forwarding a job or education, you are not benefiting anything but your own enjoyment.
>>
>>86328315
>implying anyone on 4chan is actually religious
>>
>>86328555
I agree. Good thing I'm a filthy sinner lol.
>>
>>86328591
>
>>
>>86328591
Pretty much what I was getting at, yeah.
>>
>>86328530
I have one question about God that has never been answered.
If "God" is truly all-loving and all-knowing, why do we need to worship him to inflate his ego? He sounds really dumb and arrogant to send people to hell just because we don't suck his mythical dick. Besides, the bible is bullshit and was written by desert sandniggers 2000 years ago and holds no place in the modern world.
>>
>>86328555
God doesn't say "Thou shalt not enjoy thyself"
>>
Why not Life of Brian?
>>
>>86328741
But it is classified under indulgence if you spend 8-10 hours a day on a Javanese Lantern crafting website fapping to anime and wishing death upon Negroids and Semites.
>>
>>86328715
You assume he has an ego in the first place and that there isn't a concrete, cosmic reason given ever for why you should worship and follow God's word. Google the term faith sometime, have a read.
>>
File: file.png (1003KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1003KB, 1024x819px
>>86326832
What are you talking about?
>>
>>86328844
>it is classified under indulgence
By you? Fuck off kike
>>
>>86328875
I understand faith, but why do I need faith to be happy with my own existence? Why should I worry about eternal punishment (or salvation) when I refuse the existence of the afterlife since it isn't grounded with proof and evidence?
>>
>>86328780
Good option.
>>
>>86326409
Kingdom of Heaven and There Will Be Blood
>>
>>86328930
Show was great for 2 seasons, then went to shit and died.
>>
>>86328315
???

4chan isn't inherently evil, and it's not like I'm a cunny poster.
>>
>>86329020
>le epic XIX century materialism maymay xD
I hate the whole "proof and evidence" charade of modern atheists and I'm a fucking atheist.
Read a theology book and then ask shit like that.
>>
>>86329111
It's a huge time waster and you see sinful things here regardless of whether or not you're the one posting them.
>>
>>86328027
>being Catholic
LAUGHING MY FRIGGEN BUTT OFF
Non denomination Christian is the true path to gods glory
>>
>>86329168
>theology
AKA not a science. I'm done with this parroted bullshit from stupid Christians.
>>
>>86329107
>Watching season 2
>show introduces Shaw, a female spy that BTFO of men 3 times here size and vanishes mid sentence like Batman
>show turns to shit
Hmmm I wonder why?
>>
>>86329296
Without christianity funding science there's no guarantee we would even be as advanced as we are today.
>b-b-but muh dark ages!
Literally not even a thing
>>
>>86328315
The worst thing you can do here is hurt someone's feelings
>>
>>86329020
When someone with faith questions, it's to reinforce their faith, no look to refute it. That's the first thing. You don't need faith to be happy, plenty of people have been, but the idea is you'd be a lot happier with it. Let's say it's a given this is all real, you refuting the existence of it means fuck all. The way was opened with welcoming arms and you said no. Which is a bit shitty since Christianity straight up encourages preaching, so mostly everyone knows the deal with the crucifixion some way or another, and knowing what that was for and still saying no and then going on to utterly condemn it? Well, too bad for you, God guesses, but God says he'll be there if you ever want him.
>>
>>86329198
well. that's your opinion man, laugh all you want, I don't care, I have faith
>>
File: 1479701164004.jpg (40KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1479701164004.jpg
40KB, 657x527px
>>86329368
I can't quite figure this one out; really fires the synapses.
>>
>>86329296
>not science
>it mustn't be real or worthwhile
Thanks for proving me correct.
>>
>>86328780
This
>>
Science must create snake/human hybrid waifus.
>>
File: 1485730417810.png (276KB, 1685x2008px) Image search: [Google]
1485730417810.png
276KB, 1685x2008px
>>86329394
>but the idea is you'd be a lot happier with it
I'm a schizo with autism, I have had faith in alien beings putting me into power of their civilization and I thought clocks were sending me messages through the 5th dimension. I couldn't read the bible without words echoing inside my mind and giving me a nervous breakdown. I have always feared that I was punished for questioning God ever so once. If I don't look at things from the most logical point of view, it will destroy my perspective and live deep in my imagination. I couldn't go to school, I can't hold a job. The only option is suicide to get out of this mess because I have no confidence. I am actually trying to find comfort in hell because I feel like there is at least a 100% chance that's where I will end up, but it doesn't matter anyways because religion is bullshit that humans came up with to get out of depressing times.
It's all a bit "what if" question but I have to constantly check if things are real. I can't even go to church because I have a disdain hatred for all humans and I will force myself to be isolated from any sensory input.
>>86329689
Not even psychology or sociology is grounded in science, surely not Theology.
>>
>>86329914
>Not even psychology or sociology is grounded in science, surely not Theology.
And so?
Because your belief that "only things that are grounded in science are worthwhile and/or real" isn't grounded in science too.
>>
>>86330173
That's paradoxical.
>>
>>86328930
shut up, don't destroy his narrative
>>
File: file.png (893KB, 675x1000px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
893KB, 675x1000px
>>86330270
He wasn't that big of a star to begin with. I loved him in Person of Interest and Escape Plan.
>>
>>86330240
That's what happens with nu atheists.
>>
>>86330487
What do you mean?
>>
>>86329914
Anon, I think you have some pretty troubling issues. To be perfectly honest, I can't quite understand those problems to the level I wish I could because I cannot experience them. Personally, I think you should see a medical and mental health professional because those problems are not going to fix themselves.

At the end of the day, mate, we're just human, and we're fallible. Faith and trying to live a decent life are what matters to God. The ritual, the prayer, the commandments, that's just devotion. You seriously don't think God, as an omniscient entity, doesn't know the problems you face? God helps those who help themselves. A little faith in God is all he asks. Everything in life is a two-way system. Many, many people have reconciled their material rationality with their faith, and has helped give them meaning. They're not mutually exclusive. Theology is the study, criticism and discussion of religion, it's meant to clear up matters of faith. Don't think ill of it.
>>
File: Prince of Peace by Akiane.jpg (890KB, 2250x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Prince of Peace by Akiane.jpg
890KB, 2250x3000px
>>86326409
I legit cannot wait for the Resurrection.

Mel said Jesus will spend 3 days in Hell and due to how vivid,violent and controversial this would be, he and Randall Wallace need time to do the story justice.
>>86326832
Hollywood hates Christ and what happened during filming and post filming not only spooked people but gave him a black mark due to Mel being redpilled as usual. Watch this interview with Jim where he speaks about his faith and the passion, it's really good:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ejaw0F8-sY
The interviewer is an idiot though.

He did however go onto Person of Interest as leading man John Reese and no doubt Mel will recast him for Resurrection of Christ circa Easter 2020.
>>86327781
Yes.
Struck by lightning twice. Among other things.
It's wierd because Jim looks fairly similar to Jesus as painted by Akiane when she was 8. Pic related
>>
>>86330705
I have already seen people for my condition but nothing ever gets done when sessions only last for 45 minutes once every 2 weeks.
>>
>>86330522
Most of them doesn't dive in other areas of knowdelge, like philosophy or even epistemology (and of course theology for them is out of any discussion) and they dismiss them cause they spouse infantile beliefs about science, like (a very rude version) positivism and scientism.
I bet that most of them are influenced by popular science divulgators and their remarks in philosophy and anything that isn't science really.
>>
>>86330936
You need to stress that isn't working, because if it isn't working, it's waste of time on everyone's part, especially yours. If you're paying these people in any way, make them work for you.
>>
>>86327781
Yeah

>Struck twice by lightning including very last shot of the movie.
>Dislocated shoulder from carrying the cross.
>Pneumonia with lungs completely covered in liquid
>Heart surgery related to second lightning strike(he doesn't like to talk about it though)
>Broken thumb
>Lost weight rapidly causing massive sickness went in at 200lbs came out weighing 148lbs.
>Diarrhea
>Smashed tooth
>Plane he was on had a engine failure before take off.

It really spooked him at how much was happening. He started to think God didn't want it made simply due to how realistic it was complete with languages of the time.

I really hope he comes back for the Resurrection. It wouldn't be right without him.
>>
File: 1459116413808.jpg (32KB, 189x189px) Image search: [Google]
1459116413808.jpg
32KB, 189x189px
>>86326409
>Struck by lighting TWICE while filming
>Actually gets whipped and get's a 14 inch scar on his back
>Dislocated his shoulder while carrying the cross
>Massive weight loss from 210 to 160 lbs
>Pneumonia and lungs filled with fluid
>Needed heart surgery after filming
https://youtu.be/0Ejaw0F8-sY?t=10m

HOLY SHIT.
>>
>>86331303
What should I tell them?
>>
>tfw you go to church like three times a week but you work for a funeral home so you're getting paid to be there
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.