[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HOW THE FUCK IS THIS SO LOW?!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 197
Thread images: 20

File: IMG_2294.jpg (341KB, 1536x1097px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2294.jpg
341KB, 1536x1097px
Meanwhile Wonder Woman and the avengers has 95%+ !!!
>>
>>86318804
The mass of moviegoers taste in film has depreciated considerably.
>>
>>86318804
It wasn't very great, but it wasn't awful. Seems pretty fair to me.
>>
>>86318848
Or its just not as good as the original material or just doesn't hold up as a film. Really makes you think, right?
>>
>>86318804
That's an accurate rating, today's arent. Critics actually did their job then

>Film Criticism before: Weigh the pros and cons of each film and give a balanced opinion for general film going audience.
>Film Criticism now: BEST MOVIE EVAR! EVERYONE AGREES WITH ME! LOGAN IS A CLASSIC LIKE GODFATHER!
>>
>>86318848
Who is to blame for this?
>>
>>86318804
snyder is the new bay
>>
>>86318804
Anon, do you know how RT works? It literally doesn't matter what rating it has on RT as long as you enjoy it. Why would you even care?

This is a pointless thread.
>>
>>86318804
it wasn't loaded with big dumb cgi action, and quips every 20 seconds. it didn't cater to people with zero attention span.
>>
>>86318965
>Snyder is the new baby
Don't remember bay being praised as an inspiration by cinematic geniuses like Cameron
>>
>>86318804
it came too soon, if this was made today it would be considered genius

reminder that most movie critics never heard of the comic so they literally didn't get it
>>
>>86319048
Don't most /co/mblrs hate it because the ending was not the retarded LSD squid shit?
>>
>>86319048
>reminder that most movie critics never heard of the comic so they literally didn't get it
But that's a flaw for the film. The film itself should be enough for the viewer to "get" it, you shouldn't be obligated to read a book about first.
I mean that point is literally the RT Critic Consensus which you can see in OP's pic.
>>
>>86318917
>>86318936
>audience rates movie you dislike highly
>boooo these people are dumb
>audience rates movie the way you think it should be rated
>wooooow these people are so smart. They be doin it right
>>
>>86319045
read again my post
>>
>>86319118
If this movie was confusing for you, you are an idiot
>>
Because it was shit. Snyder completely missed the point of the original book, and made a bloated piece of shit he stuffed with imagery he found in the book and thought was cool. The only way it's competent is that it shallowly directly lifts huge chunks of the book, so people that haven't read it give it props. It's shallow and pointless, like the Psycho remake.
>>
>>86319234
>like the Psycho remake.
Didn't that literally remake Hitchcock's movie shot-for-shot?
>>
>>86318804
Paid reviews retard. They spend too much money on movies to base their investments on objective or biased reviews.
>>
>>86319234
>Snyder completely missed the point of the original book

No one gives a shit /co/ you cancerous abomination
>>
>>86319281
Yeah, Watchmen does a whole lot of that, it's the only good part's of the film. Snyder just doesn't get the source material. The story isn't supposed to have a definite hero or villain, which thematically changes a lot of stuff in the movie. A good example is the ending, which the big squid is a send up to the silver-age comic tropes the book is critiquing, it's a good thematic flourish to top off the story. Snyder thought that wasn't edgy enough, so he just put a huge plothole as his ending. Watchmen is a property I'm a raving autist about, the movie upsets me on an embarrassing level.
>>
kinda low but it didn't deserve more than 80% anyway, capeshit nowadays always get a far higher score than it deserves, no MCU/DCEU movie deserved more than a 75% score.
>>
Wtf was up with Ozy's pet demon tiger thing?
>>
>>86319362
it makes the movie more shit, it should have been way better. You can't make a comic book critique out of a comic book movie, that's retarded. If Snyder had a spine he would have adapted it to be a satire of capeshit.
>>
>>86319480
I wouldn't give a shit if Snyder had shoved the comic book up your fucking ass
>>
>>86318804
I really love Watchmen Ultimate Cut.

However the DC:CU should not have been in the same fucking style.

It worked as a 1 off and will always be good
>>
>>86319480
go worship your snake god somewhere else moore
>>
>>86319550
Top-tier banter, enjoy your capeshit, don't push for better movies are anything.
>>
>>86319429
Snyder has said that he's dyslexic, he just looked at the cool pictures in the comic and reproduced them in the movie
>>
>>86319620
Oogala boogala, I'm going to go write a comic about kids having sex, and be a bitter old cunt
>>
Well, if you are gonna make a MATURE film about Superheroes, that is also GROUNDBREAKING, you need to take one mature and groundbreaking work of art (Watchmen comic) and translate it all the way to the screen (The Watchmen movie) but making sure that you take everything to the EXTREME:

1. Violence - There was a guy breaking fingers and burning people in the comic, it was sorta groundbreaking for its time. So, what we need MORE VIOLENCE, this means that every important character in here needs to murder a lot of people, be involved into long slow-mo fight scenes and show their enemies die in very bloodly and EXTREME death scenes.

2. Sex - Masked vigilantes are actually shown having sex in the comic, it was sorta groundbreaking for its time. So, as we are UPGRADING the comic, we need a full soft-core sex scene like the ones we see all the time in a bunch of cheap pseudo-romantic films.

3. Plot - There were an enormous amount of plots and subplots within the original comics with a lot of it focused on character development and flashbacks, which was something unseen in comics. So, what we need to make it even BETTER, is to make a 3-hour long movie with as many plots and subplots you can fit in, but it's impossible to include everything, so we remove a lot of superficial stuff like THE MAIN PLOT IN THE COMIC, so we can focus on already mentioned slow-mo action and sex scenes.
>>
>>86319623
>enjoy your capeshit
Says the guy who fucking reads comic books meant for children. What makes you think I like capeshit when I've specifically said I don't care how close they keep it to the comics
>>
>>86319625
I mean, that's understandable, but he should have made his own thing then. Same thing happened with Tim Burton and The Killing Joke, but he adapted what he saw into Batman 1989, and that movie is capekino
>>
>>86319694
4. Themes - The comic was constructed with complex philosophical and emotional conflicts, creating a profound reflection of the human condition and our place on the universe. So, to translate it properly to film, what we need is to forget most of this nonsense nobody cares about, care only about some kinda ambiguous moral choices of the characters, so we keep the "philosophical tone" of the comic.

5 Characters - One of the greatest things of the original work are its complex 3-dimensional characters, that create a very human tale. So what we do? Take some actors that look alike, make them say some very relevant quotes from the comic in a very serious tone, and remove most flashbacks and most of their development so we can see them superficially, as all of this doesn't matter, since it's just a movie.

6. Increase the text amount to 3000 and the bump limit to 400 for /tv/ already you piece of shit jap
>>
>>86319710
>implying a child would understand or enjoy Watchmen
k friend
>>
>>86318804

2 redpilled 4 liberals

who /comedian/ here
>>
>>86319758
>k friend
I'm not surprised to see that you're a passive aggressive baby
>>
>>86319710
You're no better, you're defending a man whose filmography mostly consists of adaptations of said comic books for children.
>>
>>86319732
Watch the commentary track, Snyder didn't have a purpose behind anything he put in the movie, he just thought "Everything should be cooler, lol"
>>
>>86319773
>wherever i am i must also rape
>>
>>86319817
>filmography
I don't care about what other things he has done. We are talking about this specific movie. Not his other movies and not your stupid comic book
>>
>>86319912
>We are talking about this specific movie
Adapted from a children's comic book, as you said.
>>
>>86319940
No, let me make this real clear because it's quite obvious you're a little slow. We are talking about a movie, not a book. Go to /co/ and cry
>>
File: 1499783211676.png (310KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1499783211676.png
310KB, 500x500px
This thread is why all the other boards consider /tv/ a laughing stock, myself included.
>>
>>86320026
That's why you're wasting your time here lol. I wonder how many posts you've made in this thread you big sexy man
>>
>>86319234
wait, there's a book? I thought it was based off of a comic

is the book good?
>>
>>86320137
Comic books are books dumbass
>>
>>86320182
oh, i thought he meant a proper book
>>
>>86320409
Comic books are proper books...
>>
It should be lower desu
>>
>>86318804
It's not a good movie.
>>
>>86318804
>Edgy screensaver aesthetic
>Overchoreographed fight scenes
>Uneven pacing
>No "for you are life, rarer than a quark" monologue
>Matthew Goode as a creepy villainous Ozymandias
>Snyder misunderstanding what made the book good in the first place
>Nonsensical ending
But all of that could have been forgiven if they hadn't given gloves to Ozymandias. That's what truly ruined the movie irrevocably. Ozymandias doesn't fucking wear gloves.
>>
>>86320452
sure thing bud
>>
>>86318804
Because it's mediocre.
>>
>>86319094
Those faggot sissies will hate anything.
>>
>complex narrative

Yeah, I mean if you think that chocolate milk comes from brown cows it must be pretty hard to understand such a deep and dense story
>>
>>86320522
also his nipples
>>
>>86320522
and Manhattan doesn't wear eyeliner, his eyes are just deeply set
>>
>>86318804
WW didn't have to deal wit hordes of buttmad fans that where extremely pissed for the retconned ending.
>>
File: faggot.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
faggot.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
>>86320522
>>86320881
>>86321166
>literally "NOT MUH CUMMMIC"
Return to /co/ you r*dditor
>>
File: IMG_0605.jpg (250KB, 1938x526px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0605.jpg
250KB, 1938x526px
>>86318804
Because there's a protracted smear campaign against Snyder that's like a confederacy of dunces married to butthurt pseuds, butthurt Muslims, and legit corporate shills.

This film's scores along with all his others dropped significantly across all sites years after its release and it just so happened to coincide with the inception of the DCEU.

https://moviepilot.com/posts/3800016

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/content/batman-vs-superman-twitter-spambot-smear-campaign-discovered

http://www.indiewire.com/2014/01/armond-white-kicked-out-of-new-york-film-critics-circle-declares-man-of-steel-better-than-gravity-in-annual-list-90214/

https://www.thecinemaholic.com/fan-of-zack-snyder-and-batman-v-superman-heres-why/

Shills and fanboys will be in this thread. They will be spouting the same vague, insupportable arguments that they have been parroting for years with no deviation from script, no investment of thought nor consideration of anyone else's opinion, no matter how well supported, and constant yammering and screeching about "headcanon" because apparently that's what rational thought looks like to them.
>>
>>86318930
it's basically a scene by panel shot for shot. They even included the flamethrowing ejaculation
>>
>>86318804
I'd say it's just a hit or miss movie. if you can't get into it, it leaves you not a lot to give it credit for. without looking I could imagine it got very few individual reviews that were somewhere in between actually good and below average
>>
>>86320576
lmao
>>
>>86318936
This. Consider Spider-Man 2002. It's an unambitious story, but it's told well. It won't stand up to repeated viewings, but on that first viewing you can thoroughly enjoy it. It doesn't make any great demands of the viewers but it doesn't insult their intelligence either. You can tell the people who worked on it actually cared. It's 89% fresh, which is fair.

And MCU design-by-committee garbage gets >90%. Fuck the critics.
>>
>>86322395
I'd think this would be a fairly inaccessible movie to non-comics fans, what with the double whammy of it being both an alternate timeline and set in an unrecognizable 80s.
>>
>>86318804
I didn't like this flick
>>
File: watchmen manhattan.webm (3MB, 700x289px) Image search: [Google]
watchmen manhattan.webm
3MB, 700x289px
>>
>>86323046
The only reason that's not laughable is because I read the comic.
>>
>>86318804
Just because of the wild misuse of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah.
>>
>>86319429

Snyder fought to have the SQUID in the movie, it was the script writer, same guy who VA Solid Snake, and the executives that felt the end needed to be changed.
>>
>>86318804
The reviews on RT are for the Theatrical Cut, which had severe pacing issues. The Director's Cut would've gotten 88% and killed MCU prematurely if that Cut was released in theaters.
>>
>>86323103
What's laughable about it? It's easily one of my favorite sequences in any cape film.
>>
>>86318804
The theatrical cut kinda sucked.
>>
>>86318804
>HOW THE FUCK IS THIS SO LOW?!
Because it's shit
>>
>>86322041
How long does it take for you to type all that on an iPhone?
>>
>>86325927
iPad. I'm watching "Ozark."
>>
>>86326157
So not only do you watch garbage movies, you also watch garbage TV while using a garbage device?
>>
>>86318804
I like Snyder movies. But why do we need to watch 3 different movies until the "director's cut" meme sweetspot is achieved?

Just release the best product at release. Why all the second chances to recut and make it better?
>>
>>86326285
His wife is his producer
>>
>>86318804

This is an accurate rating. Every good thing about the Watchmen movie came from the comics, wheras everything ws dumb or missed the point (but usually both).
>>
>>86326246
Beats being a garbage human being.
>>
>>86319048
I was not or will ever be "into" comics and Watchmen is in my top 5. I enjoyed it immensely when I bought the DVD. Oddly enough it wasn't on my radar in theaters.
>>
>>86318804
I'm telling you... Snyder probably pissed off the wrong Jew at some point in his career, who has been using their influence and shmeckles ever since to try and bring him down
>>
>>86318804
Don't forget Get Out
>>
File: IMG_0229.jpg (15KB, 333x152px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0229.jpg
15KB, 333x152px
>>86326399
This captures the point of Manhattan's character in an image that's completely Snyder's own.
>>
>>86318804
It is probably better than WW, but it is still trash that normiefies a great work.
>>
>>86318804
Because it wasn't very good.
>>
>>86318804
Because it was garbage? It was full of pretentious 3DEEP5YOU moments that were impossible to take seriously. I couldn't help but burst into laughter when "Halleluja" by Rufus Wainright started playing during the sex scene.
>>
>>86326904
Why was Manhattan stealing the thunder anyway? Dick move?
>>
>>86326514
You're still here? Go back to watching your "kino" TV.
>>
>>86326904
The point of Manhattan's character was to be the first on the Moon?
>>
>>86327175
No, because he's so far up his own ass, he doesn't even realize that's what he's doing - "helping" in a way that renders human accomplishment a bad fucking joke.
>>
>>86318804
It's a Hack Snyder flick. He copies panels straight out of the comic book but doesn't understand what they mean.
>>
>>86327174
>Halleluja

Is that really how it's spelt?
>>
>>86327398
You're leveling that assessment at the wrong guy. The only time I ever use that term is to get under someone's skin. It's fucking hilarious to me.
>>
File: ghostbusters.jpg (85KB, 751x313px) Image search: [Google]
ghostbusters.jpg
85KB, 751x313px
>>86318804
Times have changed.
>>
>>86327655
I wish I had the attention span to shitpost and watch Netflix at the same time.
>>
>>86327707
I wish you did, too. It might help you understand some of the things you disparage at a level beyond the pitifully sophomoric.
>>
>>86327869
I never knew having a shorter attention span made you better at trading jibes. That explains the iPad and the love for Snyder, I guess.
>>
>>86318804
its great. and is basically a dark satire about the golden age comic heroes. not pc enought for the we need a 1 of every kind of minority in the film.
>>
>>86320017
a movie based on a comic. youre a total fag.
>>
>>86328166
We'll I thought that was self-evident. You're the one whose attention span and reading comprehension are so pitiful that this, apparently, takes full investment.
>>
Is this a good movie to watch with my 10 year old son?
>>
>>86322239
>a scene by panel shot for shot

except that's it's not?

fucks sake
>>
>>86327174
It was Leonard Cohen.
>>
File: tumblr_nx6dl97K2q1qz4ymjo1_500.jpg (281KB, 481x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nx6dl97K2q1qz4ymjo1_500.jpg
281KB, 481x750px
No Squid, no good review
>>
>>86318804
It failed to capture the spirit of the comic book, well it was okay in that regard like 70% accurate.

But the source is despite being very good not a thing most normies would like anyway.
Plus people tend to forget it's one of the best comic books not because of plot/narrative, but because of how it uses the medium to tell the story. Seriously some people don't even notice how all Rorschach chapters are symmetrical.

That said I kinda love the movie.
>>
>>86321356
No. The gloves are a big deal. Ozymandias catching the bullet with his bare hands is the climax of the book. It's the big twist. Until that point everything is grounded in reality. Even Dr. Manhattan is explained in a somewhat plausible way. So when Ozymandias does something absolutely impossible everything gets flipped and you realize you aren't just reading about what would happen if real people tried to be superheroes but also about what would happen if a comic book superhero existed in real life and what his sense of morality would actually be. Ozymandias is supposed to be unrealistically perfect in the way in which comic book characters are unrealistically perfect. That's why the idea of him killing millions of people is so frightening. But Snyder didn't get that, so he grounded him in reality with everyone else and missed the whole point of the book.
>>
>>86319118
Nigga I never read the comic but I saw the movie and fucking loved it
Then I talked to people and they said the movie was "boring" and "slow" and the characters "talked a lot"
>>
>>86332651
The glove only stopped the bullet. Veidt's superhuman reflexes are still what made the impossible possible.
>>
>>86318804
The funniest part of this film was how it generated a horrible insufferable mainstream fanbase that sexualized and glorified Rorschach, a disgusting bean-eating homeless nutjob

and as a result Alan Moore just ended up hating his fans even more and constantly shit on them for missing the point of Watchmen completely
>>
Beyond the criticisms stated already, the one thing I noticed after rewatching the movie years after is that all the music used is as cliche as cliche can be. Like it's babby's first soundtrack once you have been exposed to the songs in many other things.
>>
>>86318804
Because Watchman is pretentious drivel.
>>
>>86333162
People loved and identified with Rorschach all the way back to release. Not just some people, everyone who read it.
>>
File: shot-20170814-25714-dt34me.png (3MB, 1280x3500px) Image search: [Google]
shot-20170814-25714-dt34me.png
3MB, 1280x3500px
>>86322041
So which one these is you?
>>
>>86333626
it went past "relatable" and right into "rorschach and night owl having buttsex"
>>
>>86327669
I want to say for the record I checked in on this score every couple weeks when I saw it hit "Certified Fresh" and i swear to god it is LOCKED at that number. It hasn't changed since the moment it scraped out of "Rotten" to "Fresh" at 73%, and seeing them mention it's "certified fresh" on the blu-ray i have no fucking doubt in my mind that they manipulated that score.
>>
>mfw some faggots near me try to argue that save for the ending the movie is identical to the comic
>mfw no face
>>
I've made this argument before so forgive is it seems like copypasta.

Watchmen the movie is to the comic what the My Chemical Romance cover of "desolation row" is to the original Bob Dylan song. It's fast, loud, ridiculously short, and cuts out a lot of things that weren't deemed important. Sure, might be a fun little harmless listen, but isn't the original so much better when you take the time to listen to it?
>>
>>86333685
I think it's hilarious that liberal "critics" can't distinguish between a character's politics and a director's, or rather, when it suits their narrative to not make the distinction.

Rorschach and Frank Castle have a lot in common - they're both traumatized, psychologically unstable, and unquestionably right-wing in their beliefs, yet somehow both Snyder's Watchmen and the second season of Daredevil both present them as heavily flawed anti-heroes but only one of them gets labeled "fascist" for it.

Go fucking figure. Moore wrote the character. Does that make him a fascist, too?
>>
>>86334239

Snyder won this image of a conservative, racist, misogynist guy ever since 300. Suckerpunch also didn't help.
>>
I didn't read the comic but I thought it was excellent.
>>
>>86334239
Rorschach is objectively an objectivist. There is wrong and there is right, and there's nothing in between.

Moore did write an apologia of fascism though in V for Vendetta. He really fleshes out the party leader, Adam Susan, to make us understand why he legit believes that fascism is the only option to keep Britain afloat.

But in the movie he was just a cartoon evil character. They even changed his surname to Sutler. How subtle.
>>
>>86318804
|
|>
|
|&
>>
>>86334538
>>86334475

Yeah, but those are the same idiots who miss the entire point of his films. Time and time again.
>>
>>86334538
That's not just objectivism. There are millennia-old schools of thought that embrace objective right and wrong. By your metric, Jack Ryan's character from Clancy's books is an Objectivist, too.
>>
>>86335028
iirc, Roschach is specifically modelled after Mr. A, a character created by Steve Ditko who used him as a mouthpiece for his own objectivist worldview, specifically of an Ayn Rand vein
>>
>>86332914
The problem are not so much the gloves in itself but what they represent. They're a reminder that Snyder thought Ozymandias shouldn't be too perfect because it would be unrealistic. But even then I still don't understand why he thought turning him into a creepy looking dude was a good idea. What is he supposed to stand for?
>>
>>86335193
He's Ditko's The Question. They're all Charlton Comics characters, but I take your meaning. That still doesn't explain why Frank Castle gets a pass.
>>
>>86335453
I tend to agree with him. Veidt *is* a bit too perfect in the GN. I felt that making him unquestionably superhuman was just as out of place as deciding about three quarters of the way through the story that psychics were a thing. It kind of steps on the whole "vigilantes but only one superhuman" conceit.
>>
File: Zack-Snyder[1].jpg (225KB, 2048x1415px) Image search: [Google]
Zack-Snyder[1].jpg
225KB, 2048x1415px
>HOW THE FUCK IS IT SO LOW
>>
>>86319048
>most movie critics never heard of the comic so they literally didn't get it

Then it wasn't a good movie.
>>
File: ss+(2014-11-21+at+05.17.56).png (218KB, 365x292px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2014-11-21+at+05.17.56).png
218KB, 365x292px
>>86318804
I liked it, but that's because I watched it before reading it.

The major fuckups involve Ozymandias' costume change, and the ending change. Also, no tales of the black freighter, and didn't name the Jew even in a subtle manner how the comic was able to.

Watchmen should've been a 12 part tv show with each one hour episode dedicated to one chapter. Then it could've covered everything.

I still believe it was a pretty decent adaptation, for what it is and for normies who won't ever read it, but it falls short of the source material. Casting was damn perfect though.
>>
>>86322756
you realize a rotten tomatoes score isn't just an averaged score like metacritic, right?
>>
>>86318804
this is the kind of movie when people really like it or hate it
WW is the kind that almost everyone can easy enjoy even some like it more than other which guarantee >90%
>>
>>86342650
what about the ultimate cut?
>>
>>86347460
I did watch the ultimate cut, I believe. It's worth watching at the least. I'm personally under the belief that Snyder films get way too much flak but that seems to be an unpopular opinion
>>
>>86318804
Critics hate Snyder by default.

Next question.
>>
>>86333672
Not a one. It's just one of the returns you get when you search for "Zack Snyder smear campaign."

I didn't even start this shit as a conspiracy head. I just refuse to believe that there are this many fans and critics so utterly lacking in their ability to appreciate a director that leans so heavily on visuals like Snyder does.

It's like someone looking at Michelangelo's "Creation of Adam," listening to someone give them the background on the artist, and then hearing them insist that the way God appears to be reaching out from within the outline of a cross-section of a human brain pure coincidence.
>>
>>86323234
Hayter had no involvement with Snyder or the final script. They just decided to give him a credit. Also, you have to keep in mind, he wrote his script in 2001, there's no way they could have pulled the effect off convincingly without everyone laughing.
>>
I watched it without reading the comic or knowing anything about the Watchmen lore and enjoyed it.
One of the best cape films I've seen in a while
>>
>>86318804

Not enough diversity,
Also;

>

&
>>
>>86342650
how was this jew named ?
>>
File: ss+(2014-10-14+at+01.14.46).jpg (32KB, 146x318px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2014-10-14+at+01.14.46).jpg
32KB, 146x318px
>>86342650
Various manners throughout the graphic novel.
>>
>>86318804
This was before RT was full of shills and retards
>>
>>86322239
Except the change they made to the finale basically makes the resolution a giant plothole >earth unites itself against pretend-aliens, tha have no association to pre-existing conflicts and seem a much larger threat
vs.
>earth unites itself against dr. blue, who fucks off so he's nowhere to be found, but was clearly associated with US in multiple conflicts before
>>
>>86318804
Weirdly enough, I wish this movie had been made in the era of the MCU, because I feel like it would be adapted less accurately but adjusted for the cinematic format. They probably wouldn't have overdone the violence like they did too, and would have had more comic book adaptations to mock or homage.

>>86319094
I'm not a /co/mblr but my biggest issue is the violence from characters like Nite Owl and Silk Spectre. Some of the characters were too idealistic or otherwise controlled in their use of violence, and others weren't, but in the film everybody is crunching bones and snapping necks
>>
>>86318804
Is the directors cut any good? Thinking of pulling the trigger on the 4K Bluray
>>
>>86318804
>source material is an insightful and nuanced parody/deconstruction of superhero comics
>adaptation plays it completely straight and is just another dour capeshit flick
Gee, I wonder.
>>
File: 1408322696579.gif (2MB, 263x252px) Image search: [Google]
1408322696579.gif
2MB, 263x252px
>>86349465
>graphic novel
>not comic book
>>
>/tv/ spastically promotes 'watchmen'
>find a stream to download
>3.5hrs runtime
>by the halfway mark the audio and video are unbearably out of sync
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I am technologically illiterate.
>>
>>86349938
>find a stream to download
are you retarded?
just download a torrent
>>
>>86349746
pure synder. slow mo and everything. might as well be watching 300.
>>
>>86349726
Except the original story ignore how the states on the other side of the ideological divide could and absolutely would spin the appearance of the squid as further proof of the perils of Imperialist Capitalism, given as how Veidt's cover story linked the Squid's arrival to an energy research facility working on "extradimensional" resources.

Potato po-fucking-tahto.
>>
>>86322239
It wasn't a panel shot for shot, but also Snyder needs to realize that one media doesn't translate well 1:1 into another. His painting reproductions in BvS were fucking jarring.
>>
>>86319694
You know how tame the original would have looked to a world who'd already experienced the edgy, extreme 90s across all forms of media? The viewing public would have looked at Watchmen's original violence and greeted it with a collective shrug.
>>
>>86350366
You're reaching too hard. It is implied in the comic book that the "humanity coming together" thing was temporary and would only last as long as the shock of having a giant squid show up in the middle of New York, killing a shitload of people. You know, "nothing ever ends".
Besides that, the squid thing fits thematically with the comic, since it works to show us that for how smart Ozymandias is, he's still caught up in his comic book antics, and his masterplan is nothing but just a silly silver age comic book villain plan. It's supposed to be ridiculous because Ozymandias was just as ridiculous as the rest of them.
What is the Manhattan ending supposed to tell us?
>>
File: legend.jpg (63KB, 600x341px) Image search: [Google]
legend.jpg
63KB, 600x341px
good movie (especially the extended edition or whatever it's called)
but compared to its source it's lackluster and changing the ending while maintaining the rest of the story exactly the same was not a smart move, I can agree that the giant interdimensional octopus might have been not so easy to rend on screen without turning out cringy and out of place, but at least make an effort to make the story coherent
I liked the movie, I really did, but I can also understand the criticism around it
and go read the book asap if you haven't already, it's a masterpiece of contemporary literature despite its comic book form, no joking, Alan Moore is a fucking genius
>>
>>86319694
>you take everything to the EXTREME
t. Rob Liefeld.
>>
>>86318804
A: The Watchmen movie was mediocre at best, and a disappointment in general; homogenized, summarized, and dumbed down.
B: All the other DCU films before WW were dumpster fires, so the one half-decent one is getting a lot of relief votes bc "Finally, a good one."
>>
>>86350689
t. Marvel markeing department
>>
>>86350689
>homogenized
You don't know what this word means. I think someone said it about some shitty marvel and you just took the comment and applied it to a film polar opposite to genre standards.
>>
>>86342650
>no tales of the black freighter
They made an animated short and released it as a promotional material. One of the multiple editions puts it into the movie, but it's out of context and shits on the pacing in the film.
>>
File: ss+(2015-01-12+at+02.53.16).png (120KB, 196x246px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-01-12+at+02.53.16).png
120KB, 196x246px
>>86350856
In all honesty it killed the pacing of the book, but I have no idea how else to incorporate it. Perhaps just in between the same as the old newspaper articles and such were.
>>
>>86350901
>In all honesty it killed the pacing of the book
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>86350934
Sections where it showed up were extremely lengthy and feel almost rambling at times. Just right in the middle of the chapters. Suppose I'm to intelligent for this thing after all.
>>
>>86342650
>Ozymandias' costume change, and the ending change. Also, no tales of the black freighter
>it's different therefore it's bad
Autist detected
>>
File: ozymandias.jpg (38KB, 400x345px) Image search: [Google]
ozymandias.jpg
38KB, 400x345px
>>86351047
But his costume didn't need to be different from this. I'm not that glove autist from before, I don't give a shit about the glvoes in particular, but everyone else had a costume that was on model and his gets changed for no reason at all.

And fuck off, Black Freighter and the ending being changed literally change the entire thing.
>>
>>86318804
too long and completely miss the point of the GN
>>
>>86351038
Sure you are, pal.
Go watch some capekino to keep that brain engaged.
>>
>>86351122
maybe they tried the costume but it looked silly as shit.
>>
>>86351616
Fake muscles and muted blues in favor of purple and gold don't look silly as shit?
>>
File: 1502717929531.png (259KB, 2518x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1502717929531.png
259KB, 2518x1024px
Ozymandias did nothing wrong
>>
>>86318804

It's funny cause it's better than all capeshit
>>
>>86352396

Kek
>>
File: 1473700698815.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1473700698815.gif
2MB, 360x270px
>>86320182
>Comic books are books
>>
>>86318804
I don't think you realize how much of an impact keeping Dr. Manhattan anatomically correct had on the normal movie goer.
>>
File: failed filmmaker laugh.jpg (30KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
failed filmmaker laugh.jpg
30KB, 500x333px
>>86352396
>>
>>86318804
It's not a capeshit movie so it can't be rated by capeshit standards.
>>
>>86349804
Yes.
>>
>>86319773
The scene where burns the map is fucking priceless.
>>
>>86318804
Because it takes its time to develop the characters and the worldbuilding. It´s the only capeshit that deserves certain degree of respect from a clever spectator. The changes over the original comic are monumental mistakes, though.
>>
>>86350582
>What is the Manhattan ending supposed to tell us?

That nothing ever ends, and that neither the "omnipotent" being nor the "world's smartest man" are intelligent enough to see beyond their own failings.
>>
>>86333162
Wow you sound like a fucking loser.
>>
>>86328827
>except that's it's not?
Why do women type like this?
>>
>>86354779
But that's exactly what the comic book tells us, and more so, since it's thematically consistent and relevant and also has internal logic, with many of the facts of what happened before in the comic foreboding it.
The movie not only changed an ending into one without any thematic nuances but that merely seeks to work at a plot level (and even so, it fails miserably at it), but didn't even bother removing the references to the squid ending. The most obvious is Bubastis, who's in the movie for no fucking reason other than Snyder's motto: "it looks cool".
>>
>>86318804
I don't know OP. Part of what makes it such a great comic is exactly why it was considered impossible to translate to screen. Nearly each panel has a meaning and is connected to other random points of the story. You dont know Rorschach is the "end is nigh" guy wandering around in the first half until the second>>86350450
>Snyder needs to realize that one media doesn't translate well 1:1 into another.
Especially when you have a work that uses every square inch of its medium to tell story. Watchmen is a comicbook about capes, but its also about comics in general.
Also everything in the story is interconnected with everything else so it's really hard to edit one piece without having to change all the pieces those are connected, and then all the things connected to that, etc.
I totally understand why he changed the space squid to manhattan for the movie for practical reasons, I don't like it, but I get it.
The problem is if theres no squid on the island then the Comedian has nothing to "discover" that forces him to break, which would cause Veidt to kill him, which is the inciting incident for the entire story.
Plus he completely ignores how important the period is for the story, and they go out of their way to hide that this is during the cold war era, or the real and actual fear people had about nuclear war breaking out at any instance.
There is also a ton of information deposited in the book-end chapters that have excerpts from in-universe documentation that informs the characters, events, and world of watchmen.
I think you could do a really good modern film adaptation of watchmen, but like Jordorowsky said you're sleeping with someone elses bride. You're already stepping on someones toes, so there's no point in being "nice" about it. No. You rape the shit out of it and make it yours.
I think snyder was genuinely trying to be as faithful as he could, but the result is a lukewarm adaptation that never feels confident about what its trying to do.
>>
>>86333162
>Alan Moore just ended up hating his fans
Alan Moore doesn't hate his fans. Just watch any videos of him interacting with them and he's a really nice and funny guy.
The only moment he said something about the fans was with Before Watchmen, where he said that if you actually wanted something like BW to happen, and were supportive of the idea, you're not the kind of fan he'd like to have. And honestly, if you're a fan of Moore and Watchmen, you pretty well know BW is a fucking travesty.
>>
>>86355631
Well I fucked that one up right propper.
>>
>>86318804
the only good part is when she shows her tits
>>
>>86318804
cause it was pretty bad movie
>>
>>86318804

Because Snyder was way out of his depth trying to adapt it.
>>
>>86349023
Care to elaborate what would be the reasoning behind the conspiracy against Snyder, and what are the conspirators gaining from it?
Besides that, Watchmen, 300 and Dawn of the Dead are fresh, with the latter one being certified fresh by having both general critics and top critics giving it a fresh score.

Is the general audience part of the conspiracy too, since every single film he made after 300 did poorly at the box office?
>>
>>86355631
>Plus he completely ignores how important the period is for the story, and they go out of their way to hide that this is during the cold war era, or the real and actual fear people had about nuclear war breaking out at any instance.
Well, Snyder thought the period was important for him to use 80s pop songs in montages.
CAN'T WHACK THE ZACK!
>>
>>86356030
And its not even as if the source material was DUDE 80's LMAO. And Snyder is old enough to remember cold war era america because I'm fucking old enough to remember.
Watchmen is sort of an anti-capeshit comic (as in it was a reaction to where the comic industry was at that point) and the movie itself is just regular capeshit.
I'd like to see a movie in that kind of subversive meta-comentary on what's happened with capeshit in the decades since watchmen.
>>
>>86318804
nobody cares about the jewess tho
Thread posts: 197
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.