[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the most overrated piece of shit to grace /tv/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2153.png (1MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2153.png
1MB, 1242x2208px
Is this the most overrated piece of shit to grace /tv/
>>
Everybody knows season 1, 2 and 4 are good and the rest is meh
>>
>>86292562
From what like 10 years ago. Who the fuck cares about this shit show anymore?
>>
It's normie bait for some reason. Why do normies love this shit so much?
>>
I'm to the point where I just won't watch a long show unless someone tells me the ending is good, and everyone says this one sucks balls, so pass.
>>
>>86292562
>Overrated
The only people who praise this show past season 2 are trolls or legit bad taste retards. Everyone knows it ended up being a dumpster fire but the earlier seasons are kino.
>>
>>86292603
4 was one of the worst imo
>>
>>86292647
A lot of people will tell you Deadwood's ending isn't good but they're idiots and you should watch it anyway.
>>
>>86292647
The ending is legendary in its awefulness.
>>
>>86292603
It was always garbage, it just got worse.
>>
>>86292603
I remember 3 being just ok, and the post-4 seasons being insultingly retarded. Scott Buck is a fucking hack.
>>
>>86292603
I liked the Jimmy Smits season best of all.
>>
>what happened?

The show had such promise after season one. Did the writers start doing drugs or something?
>>
>>86292684
This. I loved the first two seasons. Then after it started to go downhill, I had that Seth Rogen in Step Brothers moment after they farted and he realized the tuxedos were fucked up. All the non-Dexter shit--ALLLLLL OF IT---was fucking awful. There was an entire arc about Angel (UHN-yuhl) buying a fucking necklace for his daughter. Deb that horseface was an annoying emotional wreck. She kept calling Ice Truck Killer "my fiance" even though IIRC he kidnapped her literally the same evening he proposed to her (and even if he didn't it was like one day later). Rita was insufferable and her kids were stupid.

The only good thing about that show was Dexter and occasionally his main villain. Brian was formidable. Doakes (and the entire MPD) was really the ultimate villain for him. Season 3 was worth it to me just for that scene of Dexter fucking with The Skinner shortly before he breaks his neck, also the MIGUEEEEEL daydream sequence. I enjoyed Trinity. Jonny Lee Miller was fine. Ray Stevenson was great. Everything else was dogshit.
>>
>>86292888
It's like all the other horrible shit of the show was looked over because dexter himself was interesting enough
>>
>>86292749
It got popular and they fired them all.
Kept casualizing the show until literally no one wanted to watch it.
Just thinking about how terrible it got makes never want to admit I even watched it to begin with.
>>
>>86293240
American shows really do follow that terrible fucking trend.

>S1: interesting hook which leads to a tightly-knit origin story with a satisfying resolution
>S2: let's turn everything up a few degrees and introduce all of those fun ideas we came up with in the writer's room that didn't fit into S1
>S3: we're still on! sweet, let's introduce an outside influence so our characters are put through new tests while also starting to flanderize everyone
>S4: everyone likes our show now, better dull the edges while turning everyone into full blown cartoons and blowing our load with the last good idea we could come up with
>S5: fire everyone who works behind the scenes if we haven't gotten that far yet, hire people with little to no relevant experience that could help our show and ya know...see what happens
>S6: we got some backlash from the hardcore fans, better change the setting, throw in cameos, bring back old characters, kill off someone, and see what sticks
>S7: this shit is still on TV? alright, let's go phone it in so we can get paid this year

British shows usually know to stop it after a handful of seasons. Peep Show, which is one of my favorite shows, didn't start to go downhill until season 7 really, but that's still only just 36 episodes into it's run.
>>
>>86292562
no -- I hardly see anyone praise it these days, and if they do they'll still admit the last few seasons were awful
>>
File: comfyman.jpg (45KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
comfyman.jpg
45KB, 409x409px
>>86292562
>Tonight's the night
>>86292647
At least watch Season 1 you autistic faggot
>>
>>86293680
Great intro to the show and that opening credits scene is still one of the best of any show
>>
>>86292562
i stopped watch when something was happening with some "horsemen" maybe? and a dead guy in a freezer?
prior to that it was very nice :)
>>
File: 1362332009804.gif (3MB, 384x214px) Image search: [Google]
1362332009804.gif
3MB, 384x214px
>>86292603
"meh" is way too generous for everything past season 4
>>
>>86293759
He was a Minotaur... and only like a 2 episode miniboss.
>>
I couldn't make it through the first season, the cringey inner monologues were just too much
>>
I wish my big sis was like Deb. Such a lovely character potty mouth, weird face, and all.
>>
I watched all of it and yeah, the last season is remarkably bad. It's so bad, it's awful.

4th season was the best. Then it went dowhill from there. Didn't even get to see Dexter and Deb have some angry sex after she found out about him.
>>
>>86293855
Eh, I'm not sure about my sister being the town bicycle
>>
>>86292645
They all like to pretend they're some super smart hidden villain that will kill anyone who opposes them, yet can't muster up the strength to tell their daughters "no".
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.