[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Incompetent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Just saw this for the first time. How does this have an 8.8 on IMDb? Are people really that stupid?
It's nothing but an action movie pretending to be deep. Even the ending was obvious as fuck from the get go. How did Nolan fuck up this bad?
>>
>>86289156
Exposition: The Movie.

While I still enjoyed it, it just has zero rewatch value since 50% of the films is people detailed convoluted, retarded exposition to make it seem scientifically "plausible".

For all the shit Intersteller gets for its love bullshit, it's a far better film.
>>
>>86289156
>the ending

It's like Nolan made a cake. Nice little homemade cake, you know, some frosting. Nothing amazing but you know, it was nice.

Then he peed all over it.
>>
>>86289156
>pretending to be deep

This is how I know you didn't understand it.
>>
>>86291678
Okay, explain it to me bud. What makes it deep in your eyes? The concept of differentiating dream from reality isn't that hard to grasp, nor is a dream within a dream.
>>
I enjoyed it, but I think that was 75% because of the soundtrack.

Memento > The Prestige > The Dark Knight > Batman Begins > Inception > Following

Havent seen the rest...
>>
>>86289156
Personally, I've always had an interest in dreams from everything from cultural perspectives to neurological processes. It's by now means a remarkable film, but it's well made and enjoyable. I used to think why didn't they do more fantasy stuff if it was a dream, and then I realized something sad. Most people just dream of their lives.
>>
Concept 9/10
Plot 8/10
Visuals 10/10
Music 10/10

Seems like a 9/10 to me.
>>
>>86289156
Being original with a pretty interesting concept is 10/10 on it's own. Well made with an amazing soundtrack

>ending was obvious
It's literally ambigious, meaning you can read into it a number of ways. LITERALLY cannot draw an obvious conclusion from
>>
>>86294479
Direction/storytelling : 5/10
>>
Ambiguous endings make normies feel smart so they rate it higher because they think that it's somehow an indicator of quality.
>>
>>86293698
how was it pretending to be deep? it's a cool scifi movie with a vague ending. not at all hard to understand, people just like to pretend it's deep
>>
>>86294583
pretty much this. It was a fun watch. Nothing monumental. But to call it bad would be incorrect.
>>
What do you expect? It's a Nolan film, of course people are going to jerk all over it, even though it's mediocre at best. The reason people loved it is simple, it made them feel smart and they liked the "cool" dream bits, even though Nolan played it too safe with them and turned the film's interesting premise into a generic action flick. People thought it was intelligent, even though Nolan made most, if not all, characters nothing but walking expositions, especially the Ellen Page character. Also, "muh Zimmer!"

Fuck Nolan, fuck his fans and fuck this overhyped piece of shit.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.