[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Probably spoilers idk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

Which of the six was your favorite storyline? Rank em even, if you dare.

1. Gay composer
2. Nursing home jailbreak
3. The true true
4. Korean matrix/blade runner
5. Halle Berry spotlight
6. 12 weeks a slave
>>
My favourite is the slave one.
>>
This movie is horrible.

P R E T E N T I O U S
R
E
T.
E
N
T
I
O
U
S
>>
This is the movie when both of them were trans, shit was awful
>>
>>86288946
Nursing home jailbreak. Jim Broadbent cracks me up. Plus, they play that great David Hassellhoff song while he and the other old folks were escaping.
>>
i liked the movie a lot. then rewatched and found it corny, but first viewing had me all faggy bordering tears of joy. its a good movie to watch with gf.

as for storylines i liked the halle berry 70s detective shit.
>>
>>86288946

none

and thank god this was the last film that hollywood ever will finance for the wachowski creeps. what a piece of pretentious trash.
>>
>>86288946
>1. Gay composer

They ruined this arc in the movie. In the book he was a huge asshole, and you don't really feel bad when he dies. They sanitized it for filmgoers.
>>
>>86288946
did they add that piano to the picture in post? his hands looks really bizarre
>>
>>86289153
also love this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzOZLXTfV6g
>>
i liked spirt circle better
>>
>>86289163
Why would I want him to be a huge asshole?
>>
>>86288946
What an unfathomably terrible and overrated movie
>>
>>86289216
>overrated
?

anyways i think itll be a future classic.
>>
>>86289162
I guess you haven't heard of Jupiter Ascending.
>>
>>86289144
yeah that story is kino

i also really liked both the far-future stories and the louisa rey one
>>
the nursing home jailbreak was very fun.
Had good laughs.
>>
1. 1936
2. 2144
3. 2012
4. Far future
5. 1849
6. 1973

I liked all of them though, Cloud Atlas is one of my favorite films.
>>
why does the gay composer one rank so high for you? i liked it but not nearly as much as most of the others. best part is the melody/malady line
>>
>>86288946
Probably the true ture because Tom Hanks was one of the few people to go from good to bad in his next life and it was all about him making a choice of who to be. Shooting star mark on the back of his head made me all warm and good inside, like cookies and milk on christmas morning.
>>
they should have got philip glass to do the cloud atlas score. what we got in the movie sounded a bit too generic.
>>
say what you will about the wachowskys trannies, but they sure know how to portray humanity. some of their shit is full of feels in a way the autistic nolan will never dream about.
>>
>>86289162

The Wachowskis will keep getting films made because whatever they make next *might* be the next Matrix, and even when their films bomb they rarely bomb hard.
>>
>>86288946

1. 12 weeks a slave
2. Korean matrix/blade runner
3. Nursing home jailbreak
4. Gay composer
5. Halle Berry spotlight
6. The true true

I think I'll give this a rewatching now. It's been a while.
>>
>>86289422
>Tom Hanks was one of the few people to go from good to bad in his next life
>good to bad

How? He went from murderous, thieving, racist doctor (the weak are meat and the strong eat) to a nuclear engineer who risks his life for justice to a mentally tortured family man who redeems himself and has interracial babies with Halle Berry.
>>
Saw it in the theater and I only remember qt Korean chicks, Tom Hanks all of a sudden is bad at the end and old ass Halle Berry became a porch monkey.

6/10.
>>
>>86288946
I liked the future shit with the fast food workers the best. Didnt really give a fuck about knuckle sandwich writer, crazy house man, faggot song writer, or any of the other timelines.
>>
>>86289626
I meant he kept switching every next life, not specifically good in the beginning to bad in the end. Most of the other characters stayed on one side of the the morality spectrum and went into the neutral area but he went all over the spectrum.
>>
>>86289375
>why does the gay composer one rank so high for you?

Because I'm sucker for well done gay the romance/tragedies. They're hard to come by. Also, Ben Wishaw is a fucking babe in this movie and will never be my qt master composer bf ;_;
>>
>>86289776
wow i never had to hide some homo post because it was turbo homo, but now i will, you faggot.
>>
>>86289422
Pretty sure you meant to say bad to good.

He actually backtracked a bit, too. He was the evil doctor, the scumbag hotel operator, the good scientist, the asshole author, and then he finally became a good man (of course, he had to earn a redemption in that story).

I kind of liked how Halle Berry's character in each of those timelines was connected to him, even if only for a brief glance. For that small moment, the evil doctor made eye contact with a slave and there was brief moment of consideration when he was the author where he and Halle Berry made eyes at each other and he had to make a choice. He made the bad choice, but it was still a neat little connection.

Same thing goes for Jim Sturgess and Doona Bae, except they were good in every story.

I love that movie.
>>
>>86289966
>>86289763
>>
>>86289966
Holy shit I forgot Tom was the Mick author in the 2012 timeline. Yeah I guess his trajectory really did bounce back and forth.
>>
>>86290004
Yeah, I'm sorry. I was typing out my response as that one was posted. I saw it as soon as I refreshed the page.
>>
>>86288946
Some makeup choices in this movie are horrendous, but everything else is top-notch, especially the score and editing. But the makeup is so bad.

1. True true
2. Korean Sci-fi
3. Luisa Rey
4. Amanuensis
5. Old Farts
6. Slave ship
>>
>>86289966
the author believes there's only one human soul that bounces around randomly through space and time
>>
>>86289163

I disagree. His was my favorite story in the book. And most of Mitchell's characters are assholes when dealing with one of his intersecting character novels. Black Swan Green was his last good one. Bone Clocks sucked dick and will probably be turned into a movie.
>>
Is there anything more amusing than the thought of future Hally Berry fucking a fat caveman Tom Hanks?
>>
>>86291712
She likes to warm his old bone.
>>
This movie may not have been great but I admire the ambiguous approach of it
>>
>>86291885
I want a whole movie about that time line. Origin story about old georgie and the true true.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.