[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think of the Before trilogy? And do you know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: Before-Sunrise-006.jpg (36KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
Before-Sunrise-006.jpg
36KB, 460x276px
What do you guys think of the Before trilogy? And do you know any similar movies in terms of topic and/or style?
>>
>>86280910
Watched before midnight a few days ago. I've also watched half of before sunrise.

The dialogue is good but I can't buy Ethan Hawke's character as a successful writer. He should be more emotionally absent and constantly worrying that he is a hack (maybe he does this more in after sunset idk). Anyway, I think Linklater projects his ideal self into his male leads, which undermines their relatability.
>>
>>86280910
I really enjoyed them. I've watched them a couple times. They were recently re released together.
https://www.criterion.com/boxsets/1237-the-before-trilogy
>>
the first is overwritten and would be considered extremely reddit by /tv/'s standards

the second is great and the concept (real time) is great but there's still some cringekino in it.

the third is clearly the best although the dinner with their friends in the first act is extraneous. lots of kino parts
>>
One of the greatest film trilogies ever. Ethan Hawke and Richard linklaters best work (but not Julie delpys)
>>
was it kino

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4oheSbd230
>>
File: beforesunset3.jpg (36KB, 511x341px) Image search: [Google]
beforesunset3.jpg
36KB, 511x341px
Episode 2 is the true Kino.

>sense of impending separation
>end of tour in Paris
>that feel when you're in love with your best friend by she's not your wife
>that ending
>>
>>86282945
The best scene by far is the fight sequence
>>
>>86282945
is this really one take or is it just really good editing?
>>
>>86280910
>He should be more emotionally absent and constantly worrying that he is a hack

Why?
>>
>>86283027
one take, most of the scenes in this movie are filmed like that
>>
>>86283027
Probably one take, Linklater cares about stuff like that. Not like that prick Robert Altman who included a jarring fucking jump cut we weren't supposed to be able to see but plainly could halfway through the opening "shot" of The Player. I've only seen it on TV, I can't imagine how ugly it looked on the big screen.
>>
>>86283033
Have you never met a successful hack writer? Hawke played it literally perfectly, in fact, he IS one, like James Franco
>>
>>86280910
post the part where hes sucking her tits, holy fuck i got an instant bonner.
>>
>>86282997
it's great and probably my favourite

but i did think first time watching it (and not realising there was a third film) that they were going to be brave enough to have them just go their separate ways without resolving anything
>>
File: 1487789642455.jpg (37KB, 650x311px) Image search: [Google]
1487789642455.jpg
37KB, 650x311px
>>86282997
>that ending
"Baby, you are gonna miss that plane."
>>
>>86283107
Why are you saying that to me? I agree with you. >>86282493 said it, though I got the wrong number on my original reply.
>>
>>86280910
Basically non-films, might as well have been an audiobooks Tbh
>>
>>86280910
If you like the Before trilogy I'd recommend watching some of Eric Rohmer's work, specifically Claire's Knee and My Night at Maud's.
>>
File: before-midnight-2.jpg (113KB, 612x380px) Image search: [Google]
before-midnight-2.jpg
113KB, 612x380px
>>86283227
Sorry I fucked up. Meant the other guy
>>
>>86283242
huh, both French movies. I will see if i can track them down somewhere, they seem like the kind of stuff i was looking for
>>
2 > 3 > 1
>>
>>86283350
also, there are visual references in before midnight to rohmer's The Green Ray (great film btw)
>>
>>86283198
>everyone says this ending is kino but i virulently hate it

who else
>>
>>86283384
Why 3 > 1?
>>
>>86280910
It's cornball bourgeois shit but I'll never pass up an opportunity to look at Julie Delpy so whatever. It's OK.
>>
File: images (18).jpg (8KB, 194x260px) Image search: [Google]
images (18).jpg
8KB, 194x260px
>>86283695
She's so fucking hot reeeeee

And also talented
>>
Theyre nice movies but i really fucking hate that guys face
>>
>>86283468
I found it more relatable
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.