[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where did it go wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

File: House_of_Cards.png (35KB, 1200x632px) Image search: [Google]
House_of_Cards.png
35KB, 1200x632px
Where did it go wrong?
>>
>>86280320
They dragged it on for too long, hopefully it will end soon
>>
>>86280320
THE SECRETARY HAS FALLEN
>>
>>86280320
Just like the original British show, it went off the rails in season 3. The fun of House of Cards is Francis' rise to power and the immediate aftermath. When you try to make him a realistic, long-term politician, things start getting silly.
>>
>>86280320
The writers became overly protective of Frank and gave him too few failures.
>>
MY TURN
>>
>>86280320
Help! Help! The ratings have fallen!
>>
they abandoned the structure of the parent series and tried to milk it instead

fucking tards
>>
they should never have made him president.
>>
Just like in Lord of the Rings, the fun is in watching the guy fight his way up to ruler of the land. Imagine if the story had dragged on and had 20 hours of court members criticising Aragorn's tax policy and blocking his every proposal so that he can't get anything done.
That's House of Cards. Watching a guy get attacked from all sides and having to constantly defend may be a realistic portrayal of being the American President, but it's dull as fuck compared to the tactical shit he pulled to get there.
>>
>>86280320
The moment that bald guy died
>>
>>86280320
Season 2 was weak but season 3 was awful. They dragged on what was supposed to be a quick show about a rise to power and then quick fall, like the original was. But hey, we need to make Claire a main character so who cares? lol xDDD
>>
>>86280320
Season 3 should have ended in Frank's death. They're just dragging their heels now.
>>
File: pepe333.png (660KB, 1106x1012px) Image search: [Google]
pepe333.png
660KB, 1106x1012px
>>86280320
>Where did it go wrong?
s01e01 at 00:00:00
>>
>>86280727
after Lord of the Rings, Aragorn starts a huge campaign against the men of Harad who sided with Mordor and there's tons of land devastated by decades of warfare which can be reclaimed/redeveloped in the west
>>
>>86280320
their first attempt to upstage the original UK series (chapter 1)

the original House of Cards was originally based on a novel and was adapted well, while this series was based on the original series and was adapted in an okay fashion until it started to deviate from the progression of the source material.
>>
>>86280320 (OP)
their first attempt to upstage the original UK series (chapter 1)

the original House of Cards was originally based on a novel and was adapted well, while this series was based on the original series and was adapted in an okay fashion until it started to deviate from the progression of the source material.
>>
>>86280320
Where to start...
>muh strong independent powerful womyn
>that fuckboy writer
>the entire writer storyline
>fake putin not appearing anymore
>oh no everybody is turning on frank
>oh no everybody is turning on frank again
>oh no everybody is turning on frank once again
>frank struggling to keep himself in power for like 3 fucking seasons, not even e single minute of fuck everyone frank wins
>>
>>86280466
Literally the exact opposite
>>
>>86280320
Here's why
>Claire
>Bunch of sjw directors/writera
>Depowering Frank
>No bbq joint
>That fucking "writer" (tom?)
And so on...

I will continue to watch this shit unless someone pitches something better
>>
>>86282407
Are you me?
>>
When real life politics got definitively more entertaining
>>
>>86280320
The exact moment when Frank made out with Meechum.
>>
>>86280320
should've ended after season 2
>>
HELP HELP
>>
>Last or second to last scene of Season 2
>Claire walks in on Frank masturbating
>"Well, Claire, it looks like you've caught me red handed."
>Snaps his own dick off
>"A south'n gentleman is NEVER late to the party."
>Rips his balls off
Yeah, it was probably around here
Chris
>>
>>86282791
I kind of agree. People who make tv shows just don't know when to quit. It should have ended once he got his first legit term, and it would have been a classic... but they see the success and they want to try and keep making money off of it instead of ending it. There should be more shows like B5 - he wrote it to end at season 5.
>>
>>86280320
When original showrunners left. S3 was lame, but they redeemed themselves with S4.
S5 was just terrible.
Though, it shouldn't have dragged on for so long in the first place.
>>
In actuality it was when sleepy Mahershala Ali was helping Frank study for for some stupid bullshit and he couldn't stay awake.
Just juvenile.
>>
The Peachoid.
>>
>>86283065
The peachoid was pure kino
>>
>>86283094
I know what he's saying though, that was when the viewer started to notice how formulaic the show was.
>>
>>86280320
When he actually became president
>>
Season 3
>>
>>86280320
He became president.
>>
>My Turn
>That shitty writer
>Frank being a cuckold
>That weird relationship between Jackie and Remmy
>ICO
>Pushing the secretary down the stairs
>Doug's blind following of Underwood
Doug being the leaker, like what the fuck
>>
>>86282485
This
>>
>>86283345
PRIVATE
SECTOR
>>
>>86283345
did u miss the fact frank knew and told him to do it?
>>
>>86283514
No I realized it but it doesn't change the fact that it was a cheap cop out

It would have been nice for the show to be ambitious so we could try to figure out who it was and so it would be a legitimate problem for Frank

>>86283381
I'm not actually mad about this and it makes perfect sense
>>
>>86282791
I definitely agree, people should stop being afraid of open endings.
>>
>>86280320
Isn't the head writer a massive lib cuck?
>>
>>86280404

This desu
>>
It should have ended in assassination when he became pres
>>
File: george-rr-martin.jpg (31KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
george-rr-martin.jpg
31KB, 620x413px
>>86280727
>Imagine if the story had dragged on and had 20 hours of court members criticising Aragorn's tax policy and blocking his every proposal so that he can't get anything done.
>>
Woman took over as showrunner.
>>
>>86280404
This, the problem is that the entire premise becomes uninteresting once Francis is in charge. If House of Cards (US and UK versions) ended with the end of season 2, they would be remembered as two of the best tv shows ever.
>>
>>86280320
Underwood achieved power and the writers didn't know where to go next. Also, they were clearly expecting a Hillary presidency. The entire next season was set up with the blond first lady turned VP ascending to the Presidency.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.