[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Man in the High Castle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0237.jpg (759KB, 1024x709px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0237.jpg
759KB, 1024x709px
Has /tv/ seen it?

I'm surprised I don't see it referenced here more often, even if only in pictures.

Quick aside, it doesn't really portray the Nazis antagonistically in an objective sense as some of you might assume upon seeing "An Amazon Original," but rather is only seen that way by the in-show opposition (i.e. "The Resistance," who are also shown as hypocritical in a moral sense at one point). In fact, sometimes particular Nazis are portrayed sympathetically (like Obergrüppenführer Smith for example).

Anyway, it would appear to portray a world that many of you might find desirable. Personally, I find that very naive but I'm curious.

Does extreme-right 4chan like it?
>>
>Does extreme-right 4chan like it?
Afaik no, because too much Hollywood-Nazism.

Haven't seen it personally, so I dunno.
>>
>>86272413
It makes sense to keep races generally seperate because its a fact that everyone prefers to be around their own race.
Also makes sense to sterilize people who have the genes to create retarded babies
I dont get why they show this in such a negative view on the show. Guess its still considered edgy to think like that
>>
File: 1492652815236.jpg (33KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1492652815236.jpg
33KB, 300x300px
>show barely has anything to do with the book
>>
>himmler is the good guy
Didn't see that coming
>>
>>86272600

It's because of the slippery slope argument.

If you make a rule that certain individuals should be discriminated against or killed off you also need to establish an arbitrary rule about who belongs to that group or groups.
And once such a rule is established it's easy to redefine it as necessary for political purposes.
And it's easy to work the rules so you can apply them to virtually anyone if needed.

A much easier (and currently used) way of maintaining population control is through pacifying them with infinite amounts of disposable entertainment and trapping them into a complex web of fiscal servitude
>>
Season 2 was fantastic, though season 1 isn't much to write home about.
They made a wise choice to stay away from the book imo.
>>
File: 1477943025138.jpg (75KB, 600x1040px) Image search: [Google]
1477943025138.jpg
75KB, 600x1040px
>>86273047
>>
>>86272689

Perhaps, but I'm not sure that wasn't a good decision.
>>
>>86273229
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>86273229
>>86273325
oops >They made a wise choice to stay away from the book imo.
>>
>>86272689
>show has nothing to do with the book
>only thing that it takes from the book is retarded time-travel scifi storyline
>>
>>86273537
They made a wise choice because the book simply isn't that good, and it wouldn't translate well to television.
The only great part of the book is Robert's POV, because it is really interesting to watch someone so adamantly trying to avoid isolation and stigma, that he brings about isolation and stigma. And that wouldn't really work on TV, since it is mostly Robert's own thoughts.
Not to mention the best character on the show is Smith, and he was not on the book at all. Certainly not the family aspect anyway - though I think the German guy in the book was on San Fransisco anyway.
>>
>>86273047
THIS. (((Critics))) said 1 > 2, but mein neger here knows where it's at.

Can't wait for season 3.

Haven't read the book, so can't say wether the adaptation is good or not. Often feels overly emo ("hurr nazis won so everyone is sad all the time) or characters act kinda weird (mainly Frink and Juliana). Goes mainly for season 1. But other than that solid entertainment.
>>
>>86272413
>it doesn't really portray the Nazis antagonistically
>Portrays Nazi society as an authoritarian hellhole where the state has institutionalized death camps, nonconformity is punished with death and the purging of undesirables is so commonplace that a man is expected to murder his own son at the request of the state
>>
>>86274139
>>Portrays Nazi society as an authoritarian hellhole where the state has institutionalized death camps, nonconformity is punished with death and the purging of undesirables is so commonplace that a man is expected to murder his own son at the request of the state
not op but yes and no. It doesn't really portray nazi society as an authoritarian hellhole. at least it didn't seem to me like that. maybe it's just that irl has become an authoritarian hellhole? Not even britbong btw.
It's those negative storylines you mention which really give it that "terrible things behind the scenes" touch. I think the intention is to show like a façade of a perfect society hiding a horrible secret under the rug, and the whole point is the John Smith character being confronted with that horrible secret when he has to kill his own son.
>>
>>86274441
>terrible things behind the scenes
>horrible secret under the rug
>"Oh look it's ash raining down from the government facility where the elderly and disabled are sent to be incinerated"
>Everyone knows that anyone with Jewish or African heritage will be killed
>All manner of people forced to flee to the neutral zone to escape state sponsored death squads
>>
>>86274665
>>
>>86274139

What would the actual Nazis have done with Thomas?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.