[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

the lotr movies were 10/10 so how did this turn out so bad?
>>
>>86268375
Theyre still 7/10
Couldve been worse
>>
>>86268501
only the first one was good, the only good part of the second one was smaug and I don't even know what the third one was about
>>
>>86268375
Jackson sold out and did 3 movies
>>
They thought that 3 movies = 3 billions.
>>
pointless movies because the bigger and more important story already happened so there is nothing important at stake here
>>
I wish there would be a full movie set in Hobbiton or other nice LOTR places with beautiful sceneries and lots of drinking/singing and partying
>>
>>86268501
The first is barely acceptable (but still huge pacing and tone problems), plus stuff like the orc design and whatnot that is not detrimental for the story per se but screams lesser quality.
The second has huge problem (same as above but worse) and horrible characters are introduced (new or just not in the right amount, like Legoland), and all the new ideas are either played wrong or just repulsive if not bad for the lore (tomb of the Nazgul)
The third is a complete and utter catastrofuck. Nothing in the movie works, all the problems above are like x10 and the acting and pacing go off rails. Also all this mess for the gem, and in the theatrical we don't even know what the fuck happens to it.

Arguably the second, and surely the third Hobbit movies are worse than the SW prequels. I HATE the prequels but they have an advantage: they can trick you into thinking they can be decent movies, and the trilogy even if clunky has a "resolution" somehow, you at least "feel" something when Palpy goes full Order 66. RotS is shit, but is probably the best of the three while every hobbit was worse and more disappointing.
>>
Feanor did nothing wrong.
>>
The more I think about it, the more I realise The Hobbit was pretty much a cash-cow for Warners from the start. It was never intended to have artistic integrity or be great in the same vein of Lord of the Rings.

There were 3 movies, in 3D, with shoe-horned cameos/references to LOTR, on a tight schedule. It was all about the dollar in the end and suffered for it.
>>
>>86269159
Not really, the Hobbit covers a lot of the most important events of the third age. If LotR is world war two then the Hobbit is world war one.
>>
Its clear you never saw the behind the scenes, they explain everything and why the 2nd and 3rd movies suffer so much
>>
>>86268375
>the lotr movies were 10/10

Roger Ebert
Fellowship of the Ring 3/4
The Two Towers 3/4
Return of the King 3.5/4

Philosopher's Stone 4/4
Chamber of Secrets 4/4
Prisoner of Azkaban 3.5/4
>>
>>86268375
>the lotr movies were 10/10

There are millennials who actually believe this
>>
>>86268375
Because the series was always trash.
>>
Lotr was much more mature and had a far bettet storyline, wrting, Music, concept art and so on. Also less CGI. The only "funny" parts in lotr were when ghimli and legolas counted dead orcs.
>>
File: 1501392366392.jpg (153KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1501392366392.jpg
153KB, 1024x1024px
>>86268696
thats because thats all stuff Del Taco got already preproduced and scripted, you can tell its his work in stuff like the gobling king design and songs.

It all went to shit when he told the suits to fuck off and that stretching into a trilogy was dumb

Then peter like the good goy he is stepped in and created this piece of shit
>>
>>86269444
>Roger Ebert
Citing the Random Review Generator is pointless.
>>
It was mostly shitty fanfic by an untalented hack and his wife.
There never was enough material in it for three movies, so they made the rest up themselves.
>>
File: 1450735957614.png (6KB, 356x480px) Image search: [Google]
1450735957614.png
6KB, 356x480px
>>86268375
the more movies we make the more shekels we will acquire
>>
>>86269531
t. Roeper
>>
>>86268375
Made in cancer times. Everything has the feeling of plastic faggotry and feminism and diversity and quips etc. People just can't create anything good nowadays largely because of diversity and feminism.
>>
1 was good
2 was watcheable
3 was garbage

the reason why I don't completely dismiss them is that there's definitely a good two* movies worth of content in them, but the fat/ cancer would need to be trimmed to make it good

*I'm not a Hobbit purist so I didn't mind the additional storylines that were taken from the LOTR appendices. I thought that it was a wise inclusion of them to not make it into a 1:1 retelling of the book. The only things I hated were little things like they decided to spell out literally that the great evil was Sauron, and that line of Saruman at the end of the subplot.
>>
>>86269496
Merry and Pippin almost constantly quip for two movies
>>
>>86268375

Jackson got handed a half finished mess from Guillermo and got told to finish it in a year.

He had half a decade of pre-production on LotR.
>>
Frodo - Donald Glover
Sam - Daniel Kaluuya
Merry - Ice Cube
Pippin - Kevin Hart
Gandalf - Djimon Hounsou
Bilbo - Martin Freeman
Legolas - Taye Diggs
Aragorn - Jamie Foxx
Boromir - Mahershala Ali
Gimli - Forest Whitaker
Arwen - Bella Thorne
Saruman - Christoph Waltz
Wormtongue - Trevante Rhodes
Theoden - Lawrence Fishbourne
Faramir - John Boyega
Eomer - Anythony Mackie
Galadriel - Emma Watson
Haldir - Ewan Mcgreggor
Elrond - Tyler Perry
Eowyn - Keira Knightley
Lurtz - Idris Elba
Gollum - Maisie Williams
Mouth of Sauron - Daisy Ridley
Treebeard -Whoopi Goldberg
Denethor - Denzel Washington
Tom Bombadil - Chris Tucker
Cave Troll - Kirsten Dunst
>>
>>86269444
But he's a contrarian homo
>>
>>86269617
>I'm not a Hobbit purist so I didn't mind the additional storylines t

Personally, I was not happy but enthusiastic to see Legoland again, the White council, Radagast, and I don't even mind Tauriel per se.
My problem is that the White council scene is videogame, Radagast was a retard with a bunny sled, Legolas was pervasive and the love story was obnoxious and badly written in every aspect.
>>
>>86269770
>Frodo - Donald Glover
Who?
>Sam - Daniel Kaluuya
Who?
>Merry - Ice Cube
Who?
>Pippin - Kevin Hart
Who?
>Gandalf - Djimon Hounsou
Who?
>Bilbo - Martin Freeman
Who?
>Legolas - Taye Diggs
Who/
>Aragorn - Jamie Foxx
Who?
>Boromir - Mahershala Ali
Who?
>Gimli - Forest Whitaker
Who?
>Arwen - Bella Thorne
Who?
>Saruman - Christoph Waltz
Who?
>Wormtongue - Trevante Rhodes
Who?
>Theoden - Lawrence Fishbourne
Who?
>Faramir - John Boyega
Who?
>Eomer - Anythony Mackie
Who?
>Galadriel - Emma Watson
Who?
>Haldir - Ewan Mcgreggor
Who?
>Elrond - Tyler Perry
Who?
>Eowyn - Keira Knightley
Who?
>Lurtz - Idris Elba
Who?
>Gollum - Maisie Williams
Who?
>Mouth of Sauron - Daisy Ridley
Who?
>Treebeard -Whoopi Goldberg
Who?
>Denethor - Denzel Washington
Who?
>Tom Bombadil - Chris Tucker
Who/
>Cave Troll - Kirsten Dunst
Who?
>>
>>86269779
You wish
Also
>mad at an actual contrarian on /tv/
>>
>>86269848
You're not hip
>>
>>86268501
battle of 5 armies is a 3/10 at best
>>
File: lotr nothing wrong.jpg (26KB, 327x324px) Image search: [Google]
lotr nothing wrong.jpg
26KB, 327x324px
>>86269389
>>
>>86269444
Ebert was off his rocker here, thought the lotr movies were too violent and unfaithful.

Speaking just of Potter, you'd have to be insane to put Chris Columbus' hackery above Cuaronkino
>>
File: Guillermo_del_Toro.jpg (17KB, 220x309px) Image search: [Google]
Guillermo_del_Toro.jpg
17KB, 220x309px
>>86268375
>>86268940
It is this faggots fault the movies are shit fyi
>>
>>86270431
Cuarons and Columbus' are all 4/4 just different films. Only fellowship is 4/4
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.