[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what does /tv/ think of redwall?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: RedwallIntoEveryChildsLife.jpg (85KB, 421x600px) Image search: [Google]
RedwallIntoEveryChildsLife.jpg
85KB, 421x600px
what does /tv/ think of redwall?
>>
>>86266711
Does it feature Watership Down quality violence?
>>
>>86266711
Kiddie's first black and white morality, nature over nurture, "Why don't they just gas all the vermin" fairy tale with cute talking animals.
>>
It kind of reminds me of Robin Hood but nothing beats this fucking intro.

https://youtu.be/PKYEKhxWy6o
>>
>>86266836
there were occasionally some good vermin I recall, few and far between. But for the most part we were supposed to support the heroes mercilessly slaughtering ever rat just because they were a rat.
>>
>>86266836
that won me over, gonna watch
>>
>>86266711
I only watched the cartoon here and there but I read the shit out of the books when I was younger. I loved them but they put Grrm to shame with the food descriptions.
>>
>>86266836
I loved Redwall, but if you think about it too closely it does come across as some sort of 19th century nature over nurture sermon. Take that Weasel in outcast who got adopted by the Abbey, couldn't suppress his inner villain, and got banished for stealing. The villains are always the villains and you can't train it out of them, no matter how kind you are.
>>
>>86266836
EULALIAAAAAAAAA! DIE VERMIN SCUM!
>>
>>86267350
>Grrm to shame with the food descriptions.
Jacques at least had the reason that he grew up poor in Liverpool during WW2 rationing.
>>
>>86266711
Pure kino

Don't watch the movie edit of season 1, cuts way too much
>>
>>86266777
Lots of characters die but there's no blood.
>>
>>86267389
Which is true to life, vide the Nigra.
>>
>>86266711
Anyone remember the name of that one book where a group of Redwallers go out searching for something, and then they get attacked by a vermin horde led by a rat with an evil sounding name, and then the rabbit and badger guys who live on salamandastron help them, and the vermin leader gets killed. Oh wait that's literally every book.
>>
>>86267792
If you think badger lords were in every book you didn't read them.
>>
>>86267350
>>86267792
The books were fucking amazing for a 12yo. They're infinite, respect their own lore, and present adult themes in explicit detail without raising the suspicion of your mom because LOOK AT THE BUNNY!
>>
>>86268243
No I think that anon is right. I can't think of a book a badger doesn't show up in one form or another.
>>
Rodentkino
>>
Arya has become the physical embodiment of "*teleports behind you* nothing personal, kid."
>>
>>86269257
wut
>>
>>86266711
I think I had no friends in high school because my timing of getting into Redwall made me think all my friends would go crazy for that new freeform roleplay "game" with all the animal people when I told everyone at school how much I loved it.
>>
>>86266711
Loved the books as a kid, the show was alright too
>>
>>86266711
Fucking love Redwall. I read almost every Brian Jacques's books growing up, good memories there.
>>
File: lyannajr.jpg (46KB, 600x316px) Image search: [Google]
lyannajr.jpg
46KB, 600x316px
>>86269257
>running gag of a personal shit list
>quits the super cool anonymous assassin's secret society because there wasn't enough room for her cute little personality
>murders an entire family except a witness to tell everyone it was personal

>who is anon trying to shit on
>no one
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.