[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Pickle Rick" Writer on Adult Swim’s Lack of Shows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 11

http://splitsider.com/2017/08/rick-and-morty-writers-on-adult-swims-lack-of-shows-by-women-i-dont-think-its-too-late-to-change-things/

>
“It’s a bummer that [Adult Swim] don’t have any female [showrunners] and it definitely has the vibe of a boy’s club,” said Gao. “I would like to hope that things would change, but speaking from just working on the shows I’ve worked on, I’ve had good experiences. At least on the show level, these two particular shows make an effort to hire women writers.”

Does /tv/ have any thoughts on this? Do you believe that [AS] should pick up shows based off of the creator's gender rather than the show's overall quality?
>>
>>86265779
>Do you believe that [AS] should pick up shows based off of the creator's gender rather than the show's overall quality?
Since when has Adult Swim picked anything based on quality?
>>
>>86265894
btfo
>>
Back to >>>/pol/, virgin
>>
>>86265894
This
>>
>>86265779
If women want shows for women, then I'm in favour of that, because it SHOULD mean that men can have shows for men, and stop having to pretend to pander to the 5% of the audience that is a girl
>>
>muh cartoon
grow up manchild faggot cocksucker
>>>/b/
>>
File: Screenshot_20170810-015227.png (1MB, 2220x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170810-015227.png
1MB, 2220x1080px
>>86265779
Hiring female editors has worked out GREAT for Marvel comics.....
>>
>>86265928
Back to Amazon to buy some funkos, cuck.
>>
>>86267027
White men having something? Ummmm no sweetie
>>
At the rate this show is going Morty is going to be the edgy nihilist while Rick is going to be the lolrandum 2smart4u guy
>>
>>86265779
Everything AS picks up is because it specifically caters to Lazzo's personal taste in humor and nothing else. His style is not really something a lot of women write, essentially wacky gore filled "ironic" gross-out death and destruction stile stuff.

If a woman were to make up a new Mr Pickles or Superjail then yea it might be made.
>>
File: 446.jpg (40KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
446.jpg
40KB, 500x375px
>>86267040
>Not watching a show just because its animated
>>
File: imgur.jpg (413KB, 1280x1183px) Image search: [Google]
imgur.jpg
413KB, 1280x1183px
>>86265779
here we go again. [as] will definitely bow out and eschew merit to fill a diversity quota, effectively ruining the only slightly alternative comedy source on mainstream tv.
>>
>>86267107
WANT TO BUY A CAR BUT CANT GET IT
>>
>>86267172
I always thought of this "sweetie" meme is a way to marginalize normal people.
>>
>>86267027
>Game of Thrones (written and made for Men)
stop it anon ;-;
>>
File: IMG_2170.jpg (27KB, 508x524px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2170.jpg
27KB, 508x524px
>>86265779
>literally knows Adult Swim is a boys club
>Woman wants to intrude and be included
Color me surprised.
Why do these women want to push their agenda on loser NEETs who are either intoxicated, high, or too stupid to care about this shit?
Why not aim at a demographic who will listen and stop ruining shows aimed for retards who are only watching to laugh?
Seriously.
>>
>alt right whining intensifies
>>
>>86268577
Good point anon
feminists and sjws rarely choose their battles wisely though
>>
File: 1502235718091.jpg (99KB, 635x802px) Image search: [Google]
1502235718091.jpg
99KB, 635x802px
>people STILL don't realize that pandering to feminists is just a marketing ploy
>>
File: Milks My Almonds.png (628KB, 721x743px) Image search: [Google]
Milks My Almonds.png
628KB, 721x743px
>>86265779
>It’s a bummer that [Adult Swim] don’t have any female [showrunners] and it definitely has the vibe of a boy’s club

It's such a shame more PEOPLE LIKE ME aren't hired at this successful place, it sure feels like it's NOT ENOUGH OF MY KIND at this place.

Ps. Hire me to run your shit.

Just an opinion bro. Why are you getting so mad? This is about equality. The equality of me coming into your successful business and co-opting it to suit me. That's what equality is.
>>
Adult Swim's already limping, and it's "Boys Club" attitude is really the only thing that keeps it going, I don't think changing that would be a great idea
I don't think there's a very large audience of women who would watch a bunch of comedy cartoons and bad live action shows at 1 in the morning if there were more female writers on staff
>>
>>86265779
Wow, I guess they should have hired Brett Gelman's wife to do a show then
>>
>One thing that really pisses me off is when people talk about how hiring writers should be a meritocracy. The people who say that have never ever thought about what that actually means and where that meritocracy comes from. Overwhelmingly, the person who is deciding who is the funniest is going to be a white guy, usually in his 30s or 40s who for sure grew up middle class or upper middle class. Someone like that is going to have very specific life experience and a specific sense of humor.
>>
>pandering to SJWs

has this ever worked?
they usually find a small "flaw" and boycott it anyway, meanwhile you alienated your original audience in the process
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (83KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
83KB, 1280x720px
one of the biggest CN shows right now is almost completely female.

if women, blacks, hispanics, etc want more content created by them in entertainment media. the they should just go ahead and make their own damn content.

tyler perry might make awful movies. at lease he is making his own movies. instead of sitting around on the internet and crying for whitey to give him movies.
>>
>>86265779
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhpkLe8kdcE

I believe IT'S PICKLE RIIIICKKKKKK
>>
>>86269988
>i'm funny! it is just those mysogynist rich white males that don't think i'm funny!
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>*explains the writer's opinions of the character to the audience*
>>
>>86265928
I don't permit cucks on 4chan, prepare to die.
>>
I noticed something deeply troubling with Rick and Morty, all the people who direct the episodes are men.

I mean not ONE episode has been directed by a woman. What's with that? Shouldn't half of the directors for Rick and Morty be women?
>>
>>86269988
Yeah, a good sense of humor. Women aren't fucking funny and so they can go and make their own shitty comedy shows about queefs and shopping if they like, don't fuck up things men made that are actually funny.
>>
>>86270291
The animation department would be a better place for women than the writers room of a fucking comedy, but grinding out toonimations is "grunt work."
>>
>>86270196
Reminder that this entire speech was a subtle nod to /tv/ and you were all too retarded to pick up on it.
>>
>>86265779
Who even says we need women writers? mostly men watch adult swim most likely. Men know what the good shit is, whats the point of forcing women to be involved?
>>
>>86271102
(((progressives))) believe in proportional demographic representation.

women should be half of everything.

if you had 10 writers. they would want.
>3 european males
>3 european women
>1 black man
>1 black woman
>1 hispanic woman
>1 hispanic man
>>
>>86271445
>no token asian
Dropped
>>
>>86270196
>I think I think I think I think
Bitch stfu with your run on sentences and perfect deconstruction of every character after listening to them for like 20 seconds
>>
>>86265779
>you should hire unqualified people simply because they have the right sexual organs!

Are women REALLY this dumb?

Seriously, I know we joke around here but there is no way women can be this fucking stupid.
>>
>>86272455
>I know we joke around

Ohohoho oh anon.
>>
>>86268577
because they see men having fun and they think its their job to either:

Stop them from having fun

or

Correct them into having the "Right" kind of fun

The entire concept of being liberal and letting people do their thing is alien to feminists.

Their entire goal in life is to find where and what men are doing without them and shoving their way in to "prove" that they're just as good as men despite their entire ideology being based on copying what men are already doing.
>>
File: 1502322645168.png (164KB, 705x419px) Image search: [Google]
1502322645168.png
164KB, 705x419px
>see men enjoying things on their own
>Woman: PAAAAAAAAAY ATTENTION TO MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>86272719
Why does this ALWAYS happen?
>>
>>86272455
You do know taking risks and hiring new faces sometimes pays off, right? Any other day you'd be complaining about shows playing it safe, but it's a woman so.
>>
>>86265894
fpbp
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.