[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Akira

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: akira-movie.jpg (38KB, 636x350px) Image search: [Google]
akira-movie.jpg
38KB, 636x350px
So, was Kaneda a shit friend to Tetsuo or was Tetsuo a shit friend to Kaneda?
>>
motorcyclists and transhumanist blobs are both fucking cancer
>>
>>86260396
They both tried, really.
If I had to pick who was worse, it would be Tetsuo, but was it even possible for him to control himself?
Never read the manga, so maybe that has more context.
>>
>>86260520
>Never read the manga
the manga is shit, Tetsuo is a manlet asshole
>>
ill be honest i did not understand this movie.
>>
>>86260570
>>86260462

The manga is faaaar superior to the film. Film butchered the whole story.
>>
>>86260520
Manga is a huge epic. The anime does not even scratch the surface.
>>
They were friends in SHIT movie
>>
>>86260570
this
>>86260520
>>86260624
>>86260676
i was forced to read the manga because i made the mistake of wearing an akira t-shirt during my time in okinawa, it's shit and the movie is much better due to the incredible quality of the animation. the story is just total garbage, the only redeeming factor is the animation
>>
>>86260624
This is levels of Reddit I've not read in some time
>>
>>86260396
tetsuo was the omega in the group. keneda was the alpha. humans in many cases do end up with k9 pack designed social structure

akira is kind of a tale of revenge. tetsuo probably hated everyone. the runt of the litter suddenly becoming the big dog and flexing his muscles a bit

it would have been a triumph over adversity flick if he simply destroyed the military and ruled as god king
>>
>>86260396
Kaneda tried. Tetsuo was a little Elliot Roger-tier bitch from the start but thanks to Kaneda he had friends, a gf, got to fight faggots and ride motorcycles but he still had the gall to feel ripped off by the universe. Motherfucker I put shopping trolleys away for a living, what are you so angry about?
>>
>>86261908

Haha

Also, all the bikers were from a hostel / facility for delinquent youths, presumably their parents were dead, evil, or had fucked off, so considering they had such a shitty start in life, Kaneda was a reasonably decent human being. Tetsuo might've had a chip on his shoulder (lol, geddit?) because he got butt-molested as a child, or something.
>>
>>86261463

Agreed. I sought out the manga after seeing the movie but it's staggeringly long and boring. The events that take place are basically the same as in the movie except there are huge chunks of filler during which characters wander round the ruins of neo Tokyo looking for water.
>>
>>86262139
Basically the same? You haven't really read the thing then.
>>
The Akira anime did much more for the medium than the Akira manga did for its respective source

The anime is therefore superior
>>
>>86261562
Since when is 'liking the book more than the movie' reddit? The movie fucked up, the animations are awesome but whole chunks of the story are missing. The manga goes so much deeper. Tesuo killing Kaneda's friend Yamagata for example is necessary trigger. The medium is very important in the story. The ending is also much better.
>>
Kaneda was a good friend to Tetsuo, but Tetsuo resented Kaneda because he was a Chad and Tetsuo was a beta.
>>
>>86260396
Tetsuo just couldn't handle the bantz.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.