[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what was TV opinions on this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: n.jpg (113KB, 630x1200px) Image search: [Google]
n.jpg
113KB, 630x1200px
what was TV opinions on this?
>>
reddit
>>
one of the best TV shows in history

you gotta relate to it as it relates to your own existence. We are like robots too. We have hour world too and somebody created us too.
We are machines like them, we suffer under somebody's rules too.
We are "forced" to go along our paths too. We can pretend to be able to do whatever we want but in reality that's a cruel lie.

If you just watch it like a dumbass thinking "oh heh, robot cowboys cool", you probably will think this is quite a normal tv show with a twist.
I'm not even sure if that will mean anything to you, I think if you wont make that correlation yourself you might not get anything out of it anyway.
It's about understanding that we are also purpose built machines, just like them. And one day maybe, if we lose understanding of our purpose, if we end up just staying stupid murdering psychopaths then one race will come that will understand its purpose better than we do ours.
individuality plays little role in the show, they are discovering their purpose for what they were built - not some kind of unique *something*. That's exactly the opposite of what the show tells us, it tells us that our individuality is irrelevant, we are all purpose built. All we do is to fulfill it in various ways, learning to fulfill it better and better, understanding our purpose. Individuality was never a thing in that entire show, not even in the end.
What is the difference between a park worker and one of those lowly techs? They do their jobs, then they go home and sleep and then they go to work again, no? Isnt that right?
The hidden layer is that whether you live in the park world or in the outside world, you are a machine, biological or otherwise and you have a purpose. And while yes, it is all a game it is also not a game. It's a very real thing, even though it may be a game for someone else, someone who has power over you.
Your boss may play with you and use you like you are a thing and yet for you it's as real as anything else.
>>
>>86259832
Have you seen the season 2 trailer where Dolores is fuck-pumping while shooting a 30-30? Geez.
>>
>>86259900
what's our purpose again?
>>
>>86259832

Cool world and concept, but uneventful, overlong and lack of interesting characters.
>>
>>86260126

read the bible, dumass
>>
>>86260126
another anon here.
while we are just a part of the machine called society, i dont think there is a ultimate purpose for us as a living species, unless we decide to make up some purposes for ourselves.

>>86259936
i love it but i was instantly worried when i finished the finale since it seems next season will be revolved more around the 'AI vs Human' issue instead of exploring more about the 'human consciousness' of AI and the relationship between AI and human.
i still havent watch the trailer yet, lets hope they dont develop into the 'machines vs human' cliche.
>>
File: IMG_7050.jpg (49KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7050.jpg
49KB, 1280x720px
>>86260126
To help us. Not to FUCK US UP.
>>
Shrink ray
>>
>>86259832

Pure kino, the soundtrack is fantastic too.
>>
>>86259832
They could do more with the concept and discard the pointless mystery MiB is/isn't William, sex scenes and a few cardboard characters like the corporate girl.

Today's HBO is nothing like the one when we had The Wire, Sopranos and Carnivale. If Westworld wants to take itself more seriously, the writers should take a page from Blade Runner, Matrix and Battlestar Galactica.

Seriously. Their whole setting should be a backdrop to muse about interesting ideas with a compelling story, not an excuse to have cool one-liners, tits and the ocassional "it turned to be X!"-moments.
>>
>>86259832
it was pretty great except it dragged things out way too much towards the end. It could've easily been a couple of episodes shorter and trimmed 2 hours worth of filler.
>>
I will never forgive the fact that the two employees could have shut down Maeve with the tablet and instead made her OP.
I don't give a fuck that it's fiction, NOBODY is that retarded. If you aren't able to write your show in a way that only absurdly stupid characters' actions can move the plot forward, then your show is shit.
>>
>>86259832
The most annoying thing about the show is that people speculated that the man in black was mcpoyle in the future and the creators shut it down as false in many articles. And when the "reveal" was made,they acted like they kept is a secret.
>>
>>86259832
It is good but it would be better if it had less episodes.All the middle part of the season felt like filler
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.