[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

it was shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

>the action in sync with the playlist was entertaining for 15 minutes
>kevin spacey played a caricature of le typical bossman
>jamie foxx was bad
>zero chemistry between baby and debora
>the whole 'makes music out of conversations' was unnecessary not to mention the music was shit
>jon hamm's gf was shoehorned in to move the plot along, you could tell this is true by her lines. they were all complimentary lines (i.e. "you heard the man, i'm in, etc.. and just repeating things other characters said)
>didn't buy jon hamm's love for her (or sex for that matter)
>how in the fuck did jon hamm survive that cop shootout when she died?
>shouldve ended when he got sent to prison and not after we find out he served 5 years and got out to his girl waiting for him so that it could end on a happy note
>so many cliche "funny bits" like the shot of the old black womans reaction when her car gets jacked "what the fuck?" WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN IN EVERY COMEDY MOVIE?

Baby's entire backstory felt so forced too. I hate when writers feel like they have to make people care about their characters by giving them a sympathetic backstory. Would've been so much better if we didn't know about his parents let alone shown the same damn shot of them getting into an accident 3 times. Also deaf retard neighbor was unnecesarry and only served to further make you feel for ansel's character

only good thing was the driving prove me wrong
>>
I liked the music mixing stuff, only because he used alot of old hardware I've never seen before.
>>
>>86242323
Too true. I felt like 20% of this film was by Wright the rest was just Sony bullshit interference and rewrites
>>
>>86244270
Lol no it was 100% Wright and that was the problem. This was his first film since some short in the 90s where he was the sole writer and creative force behind it.
>>
>>86242323
I agree 100%. It was even worse than the trailer made it look. I don't even have an axe to grind, i liked what he'd done before this soul-less self-suck show-off masturbatory piece of shit.
>>
>zero chemistry between baby and debora
I agree with this the most.

Though I think the issues of the film stem from the way Wright chose to write Baby's character. I do see how the deaf guy was used as a crutch for Baby
>>
also are we just supposed to accept the fact that jon hamm becomes the antagonist in the last 15 mins of the movie?
>>
You don't know any shit faggot. Why don't you suicide?
>>
compared to the rest of the competition this summer, it definitely seemed good.
>>
>>86244528
Yepper. I watched it yesterday and what you see in the previews isn't even taken out of context, it's actually that bad. I can't understand why critics rated it so highly, it didn't even take 12 years to make.
>>
>>86244593
>the average baby driver fan's retort
>>
>>86244665
i was surprised YMS gave it a fucking 9/10
>>
>>86244668
ah yes because OP's post was so intelligent
>>
>>86246655
refute him
>>
>>86247345
I didn't even like the film but the criticisms in the OP are just fucking retarded and read like something a 12 year old would write.
>>
File: duster.jpg (63KB, 650x401px) Image search: [Google]
duster.jpg
63KB, 650x401px
>>86242323
100% correct

Just rewatch Drive, same movie but better in litterly every way
>>
>>86248011
I wouldn't say Drive is at all the same movie but yes it is better in literally every way
>>
It was supposed to be cliche like that. Literally the only thing that is important to baby is music, the only passionate scenes are involving him and music. Everything else is noise to him (and the viewer)

You're expecting so much without realizing it's intentional. The corny and unrealistic love interest, the cliche boss villain, the returning antagonist, regardless of the odds, the "final battle" scene. Baby only ever gives up when he loses his ability to hear, or suffers his "Achilles heel"

The film embodies the gift of music on this earth and the magnificence that it is, completely transforming the most boring tasks, lifting at the gym, simple walking, or driving, into movie scenes for the listener in those 3 minutes. The film can be condensed into this: Music is life
>>
>>86242323
I could forgive it for a lot of things, but the whole last third of the movie was weird and felt poorly done. Jamie Foxx really ruined it for me. He threw a wrench in the whole feel of the movie. The lack of driving in the last third also killed it. Spacey being like OH I WAS IN LOVE ONCE TOO was really embarrassing.

It's really a shame because the first half of the movie started off really strong.
>>
>>86247887
refute him
>>
>>86242323
I agree with most of these issues, but here are some more issues I had with the film

>the driving itself really wasn't that well executed - the first chase was good but the others were largely underwhelming
>the film opens with Ansel Elgort dancing around for 5 minutes, at which point you just know the movie is going to be shit
>the deaf old man served next to no story purpose
>the thing with the sampled recordings was cringey as fuck and a poor plot device whose sole purpose was for the rest of the team to have an excuse not to trust him
>come to think of it, just about every story development was a highly predictable yet virtually useless plot device - for example there was literally no point to having him get "out" only to be dragged back in five minutes later; the movie could have started with him having to complete three more jobs instead of two more jobs and it would make no difference to the film except to make it tighter overall
>the "action in sync with the soundtrack" thing consisted almost entirely of loud onscreen noises syncing up with the song's drumbeat, which meant that the songs ended up being largely drowned out by gunshots and the like
>honestly the soundtrack wasn't even that good, the trailer was cut to a better song than was used in any of the action sequences
>a few plot points didn't go anywhere - e.g. there should have been a more satisfying way to deal with Baby throwing away the driving gloves
>Baby's backstory with the kevin spacey character was poorly fleshed out
>>
>>86248269
>It was supposed to be cliche like that
[citation needed]
>without realizing it's intentional.
[citation needed]
>>
>>86248459
you're literally just regurgitated 80% of what OP said
>>
>>86248269
oh yeah, that reminds me - the deafening didn't go anywhere at all and had no legitimate story reason for happening
>>
>>86248498

I repeated none of those points. Seek help with your reading comprehension skills plz
>>
>>86248542
>>86248468

If you want to watch a film to distract you from your shitty life for 2 hours, why not opt for transformers or baywatch? It's clear you don't have the brain cells to understand anything more than that
>>
>>86248664
>implying that there was anything "more" to baby driver

guardians of the galaxy 2 was a smarter film than baby driver and that's saying something

by the way

>resorting to ad hominem
>2017
>>
>>86248584
let me show you retard
>>86248459
>>the deaf old man served next to no story purpose
OP:
Also deaf retard neighbor was unnecesarry
>>86248459
>the thing with the sampled recordings was cringey as fuck and a poor plot device
OP:
>the whole 'makes music out of conversations' was unnecessary
>>86248459
OP:
>>
>>86248770

is not the same point as

I'll give you the other two. I didn't understand what OP meant by "makes music out of conversations" initially and I glossed over the first thing you point out.

that means you literally believe that 2/10 points made in the OP equals 80%

and you call me a retard
>>
>>86248891
1. it is the same
2. it is 80%
3. kill yourself you dumb retard
>>
>>86248891
4. reddit spacing
5. stay there faggot
>>
>>86248945

>says I repeated 80% of what the OP said
>argues that I repeated 3/10 of his points when in actuality I repeated 2/10 points
>thinks that 2/10 or 3/10 for that matter = 80%
>again calls me a dumb retard
>>
>>86249008
nice reddit spacing. your whole post was about unecessary sideplots and unfleshed out characters which was already mentioned. shut the fuck up retard just get the fuck out of this thread dumbass
>>
>>86242323
it wanted to be memorable so fucking bad
>>
>>86248945
by the way, it isn't the same point because I argued that the backstory between Baby and Kevin Spacey was insufficient whereas the OP argued that Kevin Spacey's character was a cliche in itself

see the difference now?
>>
>A contrarian is a person that takes up a contrary position, especially a position that is opposed to that of the majority
>>
>>86248459
this
>>
>>86249090
it wouldnt have been a cliche if the character was fleshed out. see the reddit spacing now?
>>86249112
everyone defending this movie in this thread is either calling its dissenters contrarians or retards. why not refute the points being made?
>>
>>86242323
For the first time I find myself agreeing with OP.

I was worried I was just being contrarian.
>>
>>86248891
>retard
>>86248945
>>86249008
>>86249073
>>86249176
Retarded means slow. Was he slow?
>>
>>86249247
kek
>>
File: C1sEBr0UUAArmck.jpg (103KB, 491x601px) Image search: [Google]
C1sEBr0UUAArmck.jpg
103KB, 491x601px
>>86242323
>makes music out of conversations' was unnecessary
this is my biggest gripe with the movie, why the fuck is he doing this and why is he recording conversations with thiefs that can get him in trouble?
im surprised kevin spacey didnt shot him the fucking head for thinking hes an undercover cop.
>lol this is bananas
nice meme wright.
>>
File: eizaportada.jpg.imgo.jpg (99KB, 900x500px) Image search: [Google]
eizaportada.jpg.imgo.jpg
99KB, 900x500px
>>86242323
>jon hamm's gf was shoehorned in to move the plot along
i had no problem with this, i liked her character

i played too many need for speed games
>>
>>86249447
god she was so fucking useless and annoying
>>
>>86242323

jamie foxx was great as a complete asshole
>>
>>86244720
YMS is a dog fucker and says he doesn't think that pre 1970 movies are worth watching because the "production quality is bad"
>>
>>86250389
and?
>>
>>86250445
His is opinion worth shit.
>>
>>86250976
i know
>>
>>86248468
>citation for the purposeful cliches
Like Edgar Wright being Generation X's Tarantino and stuffing his movies with all kinds of cliches you can think off? Like all the Kill Bill-isms in Scott Pilgrim, references to The Incredible Shrinking Man in Ant-Man, not to mention the Corneto trilogy itself?

>without realizing it is intentional
Like references that are just there for movie buffs and that don't interfere with the story so unappreciative audiences won't feel alienated?
>>
>>86251293
you're grasping at straws here. just because le cornetto memlogy was parodying some films doesn't mean this entire movie was mocking cliches you stupid fucking idiot. you're in denial.
>>
>>86249447
>those legs
FUCKJFFFJFF
>>
>>86242323
>I just didn't get it
okay, go back to watching more important films like Despicable Me 3.
>>
>>86244587
The fact that all your partners are expendable and anyone who fucks up after the job is done is made pretty clear when they off the Asian dude. So when they discover Baby's tapes it was pretty clear to me they were going to kill him even after he convinced them to let him do the job anyway.
>>
>>86254447
>*anyone who fucks up is killed after the job is done
>>
>>86242323
>not after we find out he served 5 years and got out to his girl waiting for him so that it could end on a happy note

lel this pleb didn't even understand the movie
>>
>>86248269

Glad somebody else gets it. You're gonna get "HURR IT WAS MEANT TO BE RETARDED" replies but it's so fucking obvious down to the fact that their romance is fantasized as a 50s stereotype. They even meet at a old school diner. This movie was meant to be almost 80s action movie levels of cheeseball.

His real name is fucking MILES. I can't even call this movie tongue in cheek it was just being stupid and having fun.
>>
File: 1436430394006.jpg (36KB, 700x587px) Image search: [Google]
1436430394006.jpg
36KB, 700x587px
Baby Driver is just Drive for even younger audience, hence the name
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.