[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the most garbage opinion you have in regards to cinema?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 10

File: 1481913834744.jpg (9KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1481913834744.jpg
9KB, 240x240px
What is the most garbage opinion you have in regards to cinema?
>>
File: IMG_2942.jpg (23KB, 250x247px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2942.jpg
23KB, 250x247px
If a film has less than a 70% fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes I'll refuse to watch it.
>>
>>86240624
That is indeed very garbage.
>>
Other than Vertigo, Hitchcock is the most overrated director ever. Rear Window fucking sucks. Strangers on a Train sucks. North by North west sucks. The Birds sucks. Notorious is pretty good.
>>
>>86240524
How would I know? I regard all my opinions as sacrosanct.
>>
/tv/ is a decent board worth spending time on
>>
I paid attention the entire time and I'm a huge fan of sci-fi and I legitimately did not like "Arrival".
>>
>>86240524

my greatest sin is i don't consider any shows or movies "reddit", my greatest sin is I don't understand website wars or why people think it's possible to be "from" websites
>>
>garbage opinion thread
What's even the point on this board? Almost every thread is a garbage opinion.
>>
>>86240924

what a garbage opinion
>>
>>86240803
I'm so sick of everyone on /tv/ talking about reddit constantly, but I assume if I reply to any of them they'll just think i'm defensive about a website.
>>
>>86240524
Fury Road is not good. A lot of people would probably consider that a trash opinion but I stand by it 100 percent.
>>
>>86241015

that's the tragedy of posting on a board populated by underage b&s my friend, they take website clubhouse wars seriously
>>
>>86241098

you're correct, that's a trash opinion
>>
File: IMG_0344.png (13KB, 128x128px)
IMG_0344.png
13KB, 128x128px
>>86240524
Valhalla Rising is the best film ever made
>>
>>86240524
I consider anime a legitimate form of cinema that should be held to the same standard as live action films
>>
>>86241479

my man
>>
>>86240524
I need to take a shit but my housemate is in the bathroom and they're taking forever.

I knew one bathroom was a major red flag but I decided to push through anyway
>>
>>86241532

so.... no standard?
>>
>>86240524
Lord of the Rings, its sequels, and all other fantasy movies are boring
>>
>>86240775
everybody here hates Villeneuve so dont worry
>>
I don't find Kate Beckinsale attractive
>>
>>86241676

Yeah, I don't find water wet either.
>>
>>86240735
TFA isn't great.
>>
I don't like Rick and Morty because Jerry reminds me of myself.
>>
>>86240624
>if the movie doesn't have any leftist brainwashing in it, I can't watch it
>>
films that are solely just bland family dramas or people sitting in a room talking about mundane shit are not art
>>
>>86240524
"twin peaks is good and david lynch is not a hack"
>>
>garbage opinion

What does this mean? If I believe in it how can it be garbage?
>>
>>86240524
wong kar wai is a top ten all time director
>>
I don't watch movies pre 1960, the acting is just too fucking bad. Everything feels so forced and unnatural.
>>
>>86240735
I'd like to hear you justify this fucking opinion
>>
>>86240524
I like some Spielberg movies.
>>
Fight Club is shit. Garbage plot with a dumb twist.
>>
I think Firefly is overrated.
>>
Donnie Darko can suck a fat one. So obsessed with planting the seeds for a big dumb ending that isn't even that clever. I can't watch it without imagining Richard Kelly wanking himself off to his own 'genius'. Seriously fuck that movie
>>
I only like the prequels.
>>
Episode 7 is top tier
>>
>>86240524
>GoT is feminist SJW propaganda
it isnt, /pol/ is just full of alt-right pussies who cry about literally everything
>>
>>86240524
I enjoy Marvel movies
>>
I thoroughly enjoyed the Warcraft movie
>>
>>86241649
Even Pan's Labyrinth?
>>
>>86242251
Captain America trilogy is unironically one of the best trilogys in the last 10 years.
>>
>>86240524
ur a garbage opinion
>>
>>86241676
She is nothing special I don't know why this board gives a shit about her
>>
>>86240524
i regularly write bad reviews for movies i wouldnt even consider seeing
i want hollywood to fail
>>
>>86240524
I hated Titanic. Found it boring.
>>
>>86240524
I tend to agree that fewer white guys in movies is a good thing.

I am fully aware this a racist/sexist opinion but I don't care. We have done enough damage in the world. We should try to make things right.
>>
>>86242788
And you figure movie casting is the way to do that? You should read up a bit on a concept called "moral self-licensing."
>>
>>86240699
>what is directing and camera techniques
>>
I dislike the sci-fi genre. I've tried to watch some but there was no click, changed channel.
>>
>>86240624
I assume you skipped the masterpiece that is Angry Birds, correct?
>>
>>86242072
this
>>
>>86242423
The worst one in the thread, congrats.
>>
>>86242788
Don't know if you are being ironic but I would totally date you.
white attractive female btw
>>
>>86240524
Good thread OP
>capeshit is worth going to see at the kinoplex with friends, even if it's generally artistically valueless
>films and TV series age worse than any other media format, including videogames
>browsing 4chan is nicer on a phone; I use my phone to lurk and post even when my laptop is in arm's reach
>any millennial that loves "cult" films and fanboys over them is a fucking idiot, because anyone can google "cult films" and find stuff that used to be hard to find, hard to understand, and had a niche target audience with no problems, negating the value of a film as "cult." I don't know if I explained that very well, but it basically marks them as a poser because the term has lost all its pre-internet values.

>>86240735
I agree with this. Considering how unanimously positive so much media is these days, it's good to have a place that will actively critique even minor details of popular films.

>>86240803
I think that's secretly tons of us anon, we just have the common sense to leave the vocal minority to be fuckwits because any action feeds that fire.

>>86241098
Got a justification for that friendo?
>>
>>86242788
>damage
>built almost everything good in it
Are you an anarchist or something?

Congrats on the garbage opinion I guess
>>
>>86240524
I hate the movies Memento and Cloud Atlas. I hate movies where I need to memorize the different plot lines going on and keep track of them mentally.
>>
>>86240699
>rear window and north by northwest suck
Why? They were at least okay films, with NBN being honestly a fun adventure.
>>
File: 3nbdix6.jpg (224KB, 920x1171px) Image search: [Google]
3nbdix6.jpg
224KB, 920x1171px
>>86240524
Star wars is the best sci fi franchise
>>
>>86240524

I hate when anything I watch has non-whites in it
>>
>>86240524
charles band is goat and criterion collection is overrated
>>
I only watch the best of the best of a genre and don't really delve deeper than that, with some exceptions
>>
>>86243183
that picture is so fucking cool. i know star wars is reddit but still
>>
Tits > Ass > Feet
>>
>>86240699
North by Norh West is a good and very funny movie.
>>
>>86242193
im not pol but i honestly don't understand how you could claim that without being heavily biased yourself
>>
>>86243441
literally reverse
>>
>>86243411
Is it really reddit to say you love the original trilogy?
>>
>>86243543
Feet < Ass < Tits
>>
The first Silent Hill movie is the best videogame film made to date and fuck all the haters it holds its own
>>
>>86243063
im a hot girl too, can we please share him
>>
>>86243571
probably not...you're right
>>
>>86243605
>:(
>>
>>86243067
>films age poorly compared to other media
I don't get this. Buster Keaton movies are still funny. Casablanca is still moving. All About Eve is still a masterpiece of snark with a solid emotional core. Great films hold up about the same as any great art in my estimation. Everything is of its time, yet work that hits on something universal (as close as anything is to it) about human nature will continue to be interesting/funny/moving or a combination of the three. I actually find classic literature harder to get into than classic movies. Something about the sheer quantity of information that can be conveyed in a visual medium, which is only compounded with the introduction of audio. Takes pages and pages of a book, even for a Hemingway, to match what can be conveyed in a few seconds onscreen
>>
>>86241439
stop posting
>>
>>86240699
Opened this thread to say Vertigo is incredibly overrated garbage.
>>
I unironically like Shia Labeuf. Wall Street 2 was much better than Wolf of Wall Street.
>>
>>86240803
It's not about which website you're from you troglodyte, no wonder you don't understand it when you miss the fundamental point of why some people on here fucking hate reddit
>>
I go to bed fantasizing about how to torture famous white people, including actors. Only tangentially related but yeah.
>>
>>86243605
teef > ssa > stit
>>
>>86241015
I go through that struggle every time I enter /tv/.
>>
>>86240524
Dune was a masterpiece
>>
>>86240624
tyler perry knows how to make a good movie
>>
I literally do not give a shit if a film has good character development. When a critic criticizes a film for lack of character development I can be pretty sure that it will not bother me in the silghtest and frankly I find the desire for super duper complex characters in every role for every film ridiculous.
There are other aspects of film besides writing that are far more important to how much you enjoy WATCHING a movie. It is a visual art form after all
>>
>>86240524
Outside of Tommy Wiseau's scenes, the room is actually a decent, 3/5 drama with solid acting, some good looking cinematography, and a soundtrack that's actually really good. Its only the scenes involving Wiseau that make the movie anything bad.
>>
>>86240524
No Country for Old Men is vapid nihilistic garbage.
>>
>>86243183

Star Wars isn't sci fi, Anon. It's space fantasy. Sci Fi usually uses technology or futuristic ideas of society to reflect on the current state of humanity.

Blade Runner is sci fi. It's also not very good
>>
>>86240524
I enjoy Dumb and Dumberer. A lot. I also liked Dumb and Dumber To
>>
>>86241667
different anon -- I guess my garbage opinion is that I like Villeneuve then??
>>
>>86241928
If you try not being an autist, you'll realize, through the use of self awareness, that your opinion may be widely reviled by everyone else. So most people would see it as garbage

Hackers is a genuinely good movie
>>
>>86246154
this isn't a garbage opinion though, everyone loves Hackers
>>
>>86240524
Stallone's Dredd was the better version not that Urbans was any bad either.
>>
>>86246190
Loving hackers isn't what I said, I think most people would say it's bad mouse to hat people like
I genuinely thing it's good
>>
>>86240524
BvS is kino.
>>
any alt right garbage

pretending hollywood isn't shitty white propaganda
>>
>>86240524
Foreign language films are inferior because I have to actually watch them to read the subtitles and I can't do other things on my computer or clean the house while I listen to the movie.
>>
>>86240524
I think Tarantino is great
>>
everything that /tv/ likes=garbage
>>
I just want to push white people into a pit of fire.

Not sure if that counts as an opinion or not.
>>
Hudson Hawk doesn't deserve its bad rep. It's a very funny comedy.
>>
I rarely watch movies made before 1979 more than once. Chinatown is great, Rabid is great, The Godfather 1 & 2 are solid. They're just so dated and the pacing is drastically different from 1980 onward that it never crosses my mind to go "You know what, I should watch The Warriors again".

Also I think Mel Brooks movies don't hold up.
>>
>>86247476
that isnt even a garbage opinion, because old movies are objectively different in construction to modern movies. they tend to be awfully slow, so you REALLY need to be in the mood for that to enjoy them

this post isn't even garbage
>>
>>86241881
False. I support Trump, friendo.
>>
Mila Kunis isn't that attractive and she will definitely age like milk
>>
Escape from New York is dull trash with a plot thought up by a second grader.
>>
>>86247769
She's definitely overrated. She was never better than an 8 at her most fuckable and she's been morphing into Old Gypsy more and more over the past few years.
>>
File: JurassicPark_179Pyxurz.jpg (259KB, 1600x1166px) Image search: [Google]
JurassicPark_179Pyxurz.jpg
259KB, 1600x1166px
Deadpool was a steaming pile
>>
I don't like 2001aso
>>
>>86240524
Frozen was a delightful movie and makes me wish my brother and I could talk more than twice a year.
>>
>>86242072
Fight Club legitimately is shit though, the film is presented as some sort of experimental art piece about nihilism. But it ends up being predictable if you've watched more than one arthouse film that has at least some symbolic meaning.

What's worse is that when you see the twist it ends up feeling empty and shallow along with the other elements in the film.
I guess if the point of the film was to see how pointless it could be, i guess it successfully did that
>>
>>86248354
You can't be that surprised that Reddit: The Comic Book Character spawned Reddit: The Movie
>>
>>86247334
this is true tho.
>>
I don't like really old movies because they're too slow paced (there are some exceptions). Call me adhd pleb
>>
>>86247476
>>86247735
So it's okay to be like that?
I thought i was the plebiest
>>
File: PS_Messages_20170714_220627.jpg (263KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
PS_Messages_20170714_220627.jpg
263KB, 900x900px
>>86240524
Jason takes manhattan wasn't that bad
>>
>>86248652
You're wrong. It's actually satire on how nihilism leads to self-loathing and ruin. It's a shame Fight Club is so misunderstood.
>>
Snyder is a good director
>>
Lord of the Ring trilogy wasn't good it was a boring mess. In fact The Hobbit was better.
Star Wars should have only had one movie.
Anime and vidya are just as valid of a medium of cinema and literature.
>>
Television is an awful medium. The amount of time you have to invest in watching a TV series compared to the amount of enjoyment you receive from watching a TV series makes it the worst form of entertainment. Only actors and directors who are too shit to work in film work in television.
>>
>>86250123
>Only actors and directors who are too shit to work in film work in television.
On that note, why do big-name American actors usually stop doing television but big-name British/Irish actors still actively have TV roles? Idris Elba, Hardy, Cillian Murphy, Cumberbatch, etc. are still active on TV.
>>
>>86249201
cinema has changed with time, and movies tend to reflect the era in which they were made. it's a shame you can't enjoy them but at least you're aware of why. some people are so stupid they can't even articulate what they don't like. perhaps in the future your tastes will change and you can get enjoyment from old films.
>>
>>86250723
>some people are so stupid they can't even articulate what they don't like.
I don't know if that's true, I think lots of people would say "too slow" about older movies. It's not really their fault considering if you're under 30, all of the movies you've grown up watching (just through normal societal interaction like movies your parents took you to, movies your friends wanted to check out, movies you watched on dates, etc) likely conditioned you to the nearly cookie-cutter pacing modern movies have. Hell, imagine kids under 18 right now. As far back as they can even remember, Marvel movies were a thing and they probably looked forward to them despite the recognizable pattern each "first" one had.
>>
>>86240524
If a movie is more than 3 hours long I refuse to watch it UNLESS I have a cute girl next to me and she blows me halfway through
>>
File: 1501028786947.jpg (145KB, 1176x679px) Image search: [Google]
1501028786947.jpg
145KB, 1176x679px
>>86240524
Batman forever is a passable if not enjoyable movie.
>>
I like Star Wars: Episode III better than all three OT movies
>>
I thought Drop Dead Fred was a great movie because I liked it a lot as a kid and liked Phoebe Cates. I was shocked to see everybody hating it on the internet and I think i owe my stupid and bizarre sense of humor to that movie.
>>
jfl at all the self deprecating numales in here.

IF YOU KNOW YOUR OPINION IS GARBAGE WHY DO YOU HOLD THAT OPINION?
>>
>>86253560
It's not necessarily about knowingly having a garbage opinion, it's more about having an opinion that you know most people disagree with, and sticking by it regardless of the objective quality of the media in question.
>>
>>86253132
That's not garbage, there was actually some interesting story telling and themes, it would of been a damn good movie if Schumacher didn't fag it up
>>
>>86240524
Amadeus was completely over rated
>>
>>86249595
This. Both the haters and most of the fans don't get the point.
>>
>>86253132
https://youtu.be/I3HwRnU4ryM
>>
File: all about eve.jpg (61KB, 1058x789px) Image search: [Google]
all about eve.jpg
61KB, 1058x789px
>>86240524
I don't like All About Eve.
>>
>>86247737
I don't see how that changes anything bud.
>>
>>86253970
I hadn't seen this. I can see why they deleted it.
Was there an official release for this piece of music? Sounds damn good.
>>
>>86242423
That isn't much of an achievement considering blockbuster trilogies stopped existing ten years ago.
>>
I think everything pre-1980s (with a few exceptions) is painfully slow and boring to watch

The irony is that I love modern slow films, just not the old ones
>>
>>86241098
Don't tell me it's because of the woman.
>>
>>86242788

>>86242788
I guess in your world the African Slave Trade and Japanese Imperialism were never a thing
>>
Maybe it's not garbage but I don't "get" Terrence Malick (I've seen Badlands, Days of Heaven, Tree of Life, Knight of Cups, and Song to Song). I swear there's like a gene you need to enjoy them or something, some people have these emotional experiences with his films and I'm just fucking bored by them. I don't hate them, I appreciate the experimental nature of them, I just feel like I spend the whole time watching them waiting for them to end.
>>
>>86254120
I'd check the soundtrack for Batman Forever/Batman & Robin
Thread posts: 142
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.