[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guardians of Galaxy is Better Trilogy then Star Wars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 14

File: 01-galaxy-star-wars-2.w529.h352.jpg (31KB, 529x351px) Image search: [Google]
01-galaxy-star-wars-2.w529.h352.jpg
31KB, 529x351px
>has better characters instead of one dimensional plot devices.(drax vs lando,one has backstory other has nothing memelord just token black guy)
>one has Mary Sue main character, others getting hurt easily and nearly dying&needs his team instead of meme learning all shit in montage
>has better music, even redditors will agree
>has better visuals,cinematography
>did family themes better on both movies,instead of meme "you are my son lmao"
>has better acting
>has better dialogue
>has better jokes
>has better alien races
>has better ships
>has better mythology
>has better villains instead of a cardbox that barely walks
>has better fun/quirky side characters
>has better cant speak character(r2d2 vs groot)

its literally better every angle.

Prove me wrong
ps:you cant
>>
File: 1354767500161.jpg (12KB, 449x335px) Image search: [Google]
1354767500161.jpg
12KB, 449x335px
>>86236855

Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You
>>
>>86236855
>Guardians of the Galaxy
>trilogy

You Marvelcucks can't even tell reality anymore.
>>
>>86236855
Op, do you know what the fuck a trilogy is?
>>
File: really-fat-guy-on-computer.jpg (25KB, 510x381px) Image search: [Google]
really-fat-guy-on-computer.jpg
25KB, 510x381px
Does Marvel actually pay people to shill in favor of their movies?

I'm not kidding around, this is a serious question.
>>
>>86236881
>>86236948
>>86236961
>>86237002
>>86237069

you know both are owned by disney right?

also no arguments as expected
>>
>>86236855
(You)
>>
>>86237365
So...you DONT know what a trilogy is?
>>
>>86237365

Guardians of the Galaxy are for the same people who liked Jurassic World; People who eat McDonald's every day, move boxes for a living, and have no greater IQ than the average house fly.

The fact that Guardians of the Galaxy is even mentioned automatically calls it to be not warranting of any serious discussion.
>>
File: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2.webm (2MB, 1280x538px) Image search: [Google]
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2.webm
2MB, 1280x538px
>>86236855
lamo
>>
>>86237664
I dont see third movie being worse then RoTJ tier shit.

So first two movie is already better this makes "trilogy" better.

>>86237706
no its not. also no arguments.

Star wars was/is McDonalds of its time/today. Not GoTG.

It's what Star Trek movies if they had clear direction and fun instead of shits we have

Only thing in Star Wars movies you see more then human is Humans in Robot costumes
>>
>>86236881
>>86236961
>>86237069
>using words shill,reddit,cuck unironically

holy kek , is this what happen when you cant find counter arguments
>>
>>86237832

I watched Guardians of the Galaxy and got lost and immediately started to ponder why is this shit so popular. It's a kid's flick with nothing clever about it.

Guardians of the Galaxy is hyped much like Batman Forever is. GOTG is literally less tolerable than Batman and Robin.

The only purpose it serves is CGI masturbation candy.
>>
>>86236855
These are all opinions. Nothing to prove or disprove this is just what you believe
>>
File: Screenshot (208).png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (208).png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>86238031
If its a kid flick then what so complicated that got you lost.

literally admitting you have intelligence below a kid then?
not surprised

also find me something diverse as this in Star Wars
>>
>>86238140
%90 of them are hard facts.

ships are personal choice beside that no
>>
>>86238305
>sweetie

kek

summer is real.

also didnt say any of them are good, just said gotg better then star wars
>>
>>86238226

*Yawn* I got lost the same way normal people get lost when they're forced to watch a man's ass on the movie screen for 2 hours.

Friend now all you're doing is shit slinging. I gave you the audience to speak, and now you're acting prepubescent. I'll leave you to your flames, attention whoring, and shitposts.

But then again I'm speaking to someone to enjoyed GOTG. I bet you like picking your nose and making sculptures out of them too.
>>
>>86236855
GOTG2 was a little weak in the middle, but I honestly agree.
The only good thing about the original Star Wars were the characters, costume design, and soundtrack.
>>
I dont care about movies at all

but James Gunn is better director then Hack Lucas.All lucas did was eating other peoples work.Prequels exactly showed how hack he is.
>>
>>86238287
Sorry no, these aren't facts. Things like measuring budgets, number of people who worked on the set, you know things you can quantify are facts. Judging a person's performance or saying one thing is "better" than another is inherently up to personal choice and an opinion.

Example: if you take a sample of people and put 3 apples in front of them, and ask how many apples there are, 100% will answer 3 since it's something that can measured and proven.
If you ask them to take a bite from each one and ask which one is the best, not all answers will be the same since it's personal preference.

Just because you believe these things are true, doesn't make them true.

Although I know opinions are hard to change and this answer most likely won't change your mind so I'm sure why I wasted my time typing this.
>>
File: consider the following.jpg (28KB, 640x730px) Image search: [Google]
consider the following.jpg
28KB, 640x730px
>>86238545
>>
>>86236855
>better alien races
literally all the aliens are just humans with painted skin
>>
File: 20895-1.jpg (35KB, 560x292px) Image search: [Google]
20895-1.jpg
35KB, 560x292px
>>86238437

>doesnt have attention spam of a kid so blames movies

literally some sperg talk here.

>>86238671
you first hack
>>
Wrong
>>
>>86236855
Star Wars beats it in $$$ earned (when adjusted for the inflations) makeing it a better trilogy
You lose
>>
>>86238681
1>0.

Star Wars has none beside 1 second cameos.

all main characters of star wars are human.
while Drax,Gamora,Nebula,Groot,Rocket,That antenna girl are different from each other
>>
>>86238732

I don't spam attention friend. Which is why I'm having to leave your thread and let your self destruction from lack of attention your parents never showed you. Good evening.
>>
>>86237790
But but such great CGI effects
>>
>>86238607
literally no argument.

>>86238784

Star Wars was first meme flick when it came.

If both released today GoTG would rape it in sales
>>
>none of nerds can counter argument OP

hmm

This smells like a Disney"TM" thread for sure
>>
>>86236855
Guardians of the Galaxy is basically Star Wars with two major differences:
1) Han Solo is the main character
2) The force isn't a thing

So, yeah, it's way better.
>>
>>86237790
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>86238848
We aren't talking about alternate universes. In an alternate universe both earn $0 and are pieces of crap. In another alternate universe I'm your father. But in our universe star wars earned more. Since it earned more it is better. You have no argument
>>
>>86236855
>one has Mary Sue main character, others getting hurt easily and nearly dying&needs his team instead of meme learning all shit in montage
Luke isn't a Mary Sue, first it was retarded nu wars fans now it's retarded marvel fans. He gets BTFO almost every time in the series until the third. He takes down the Death Star with help from everyone and gets down one Walker (only after being shot down and failing to save his co pilot). Even after training in a swamp for one movie he still gets beaten like a bitch. He's the one who effectively gets hurt/mutilated the most
>has better music, even redditors will agree
this is just a shit opinion so no wonder resistors would agree. Like almost every superhero movie the music is dull and unimaginative, the rest of the music that isn't orchestral is dull top 40 hits from the 60s and 70s
Like every superhero movie out today, it's cinematography is mediocre at best. The visuals are only slightly better because marvel thinks This one deserves better. Like most crappy etidat it's gonna age meh at best and terrible at worst in 5 years
>did family themes better on both movies,instead of meme "you are my son lmao"
This just shows me you're only meming and too stupid to actually understand any "family" theme in a movie, aside from
>look guys we saved the galaxy we're a family XD

>better acting
>implying any acting in the generic dc/marvel capeshit like this is good

With the shit taste you have I wouldn't be surprised if you also think Jurassic world is better than Jurassic park because memelord is in that too
>>
>>86236855
>Guardians of Galaxy is Better Trilogy then Star Wars
>then

Your whole thread has been invalidated.
>>
File: 3nbdix6.jpg (224KB, 920x1171px) Image search: [Google]
3nbdix6.jpg
224KB, 920x1171px
>>86236855
Star wars was a original concept by the creator that alone makes it better then guardians, btw op i gotta give you credit for this top tier shitposting you are going to trigger half of this board with this thread
>>
>>86239121
>implying Kurt fucking russel doesnt act better then whoever stunt man plays that meme robot vader

>implying 60s 70s 80s songs are bad

holy shit i know opinions and shit, but how can one be so wrong

One franchise has kill my self Ford other has Stallone,Russell,Rooker

i know which is better
>>
>>86239317
top tier shitposting means that i am correct but since im triggering star wars babies you are pretending im not?

cool

you would be blind to not accept GoTG is also original and influentecal.

It literally spawned 70s 80s 90s are back meme, spawned bunch of team movies with same kind of promise like Suicide Squad is direct counter.

A lot movies are directly copying GoTG. heck even latest star trek flick rip-offed with pop songs and shit.
>>
>>86239317

making 1 billion franchise from no one knows shit is a original thing , one would think.

while there are superman,spider-man and shits were flopping even.
>>
>>86239455
>you would be blind to not accept GoTG is also original and influentecal.
A guy and his alien friends make an unusual team and save the galaxy.Well... I'm talking about Gotg, Star wars or star trek?
>>
File: 1360464936282.png (197KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
1360464936282.png
197KB, 500x374px
>>86239317
>japanese samurai flicks and westerns in space
>Star wars was a original concept by the creator
>>
File: tumblr_nwy6g6fMwn1u3vi0xo1_1280.png (1MB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwy6g6fMwn1u3vi0xo1_1280.png
1MB, 1280x1280px
>>86239317
>Star wars was a original concept by the creator
>I share a board with these plebs
>>
>>86239317
>Star wars is original concept

how to spot plebs 101

neither of them are original shit , atleast marvel one isnt taking itself so serious
>>
>>86239569
Clearly not Star Trek
>>
>>86239622
That's more of an accident though.
Lucas really wanted just a straight Flash Gordon adaption.
>>
>>86239569
>star wars
> bunch of white people are unique people are best you can do with all freedom and space

star trek is not about saving the galaxy more like space politics
>>
>>86239802
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBrU9laptGI
>>
File: ELIJAH_SNOW_FOR_TWITTER_CROPPED.jpg (84KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ELIJAH_SNOW_FOR_TWITTER_CROPPED.jpg
84KB, 500x500px
>>86239748
You realize every director ever has taken themes and concepts from other sources right?
>>
>GoTG is also original
lmao,holy shit gotg is literally a space adventure parody, one of the most common kinds of parody in fiction, they're literally one of the least original movies of the decade
>>
>>86239455
>>86240141
>>
>>86239886
Have you only watched Abramstrek or something?
>>
>>86239569

Or Farscape

Or Andromeda

It's actually damn close to Farscape when you think about it
>>
>>86236855
>Prove me wrong
GOTG is not a trilogy.
>>
>>86236855
Its more consistent at least...also i want to see Nebula fug Mantis...
>>
>>86240750
http://www.denofgeek.com/us/movies/guardians-of-the-galaxy/254140/guardians-of-the-galaxy-3-confirmed-james-gunn-will-write-direct

it sure is.
>>
Star Wars has better sound effects but other then i agree
>>
>>86239569
Mass effect?
>>
>>86236855
>>one has Mary Sue main character, others getting hurt easily and nearly dying&needs his team instead of meme learning all shit in montage
Luke's family dies on Tattooine, Luke's mentor gets killed in front of him, Luke gets shot down and even with training still got beaten by the emperor. I can see the Mary Sue thing being applied to the first Death Star destruction only
>>has better music, even redditors will agree
Define 'better'. Star Wars has way more iconic original music that immediately is recognizable. Do you remember any of the original songs from GotG?
>>has better visuals,cinematography
Most if not all of GotG was green screen shit. It was all VFX with mediocre shots is whatever town that was in America. Also, the cinematography in RotJ was much better and actually told a story than anything in GotG.
>>did family themes better on both movies,instead of meme "you are my son lmao"
Star Wars invented that meme. It was actually a twist when it came out, and it's better than "we r family because we did a thing lol"
>>has better acting
GotG has a cast of experienced actors, while the original SW trilogy was a bunch of nobodies at first. I can agree with this point
>>has better dialogue
I can't remember a single line of dialogue from GotG. SW has plenty of more memorable lines, for example: "I am your father lmao"
>>has better jokes
I guess? I still don't remember any of them.
>>has better alien races
Blue guys, green guys, pink guys VS the unique races from SW. OK.

Last few points are meaningless as it's all subjective.
>>
What I don't understand is why does Gotg have so many rather explicit sex jokes?
They don't really add anything and make it less suitable for children.
It's a fun space adventure flick, children would probably like it the most.
>>
>>86236855
>drax vs lando

Drax is fucking Chewbacca what the fuck is this
>>
>>86236855
>has better characters
Han solo is far better than anyone in the supporting cast
>one has Mary Sue main character
Luke is not a mary sue wtf are you talking about
Fucking retard, gotg cgi is cheap while star wars literally changed the effects of their time
>>
you want to know why Star Wars is ultimately better?

without looking it up or otherwise cheating, what is Starlord's real name?
>>
File: david-cross-blue_l[1].jpg (45KB, 400x312px) Image search: [Google]
david-cross-blue_l[1].jpg
45KB, 400x312px
>>86236855
>has better alien races
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA
INHALE
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
PIC RELATED, TYPICAL GOTG ALIEN RACE
>>
>>86241117
Quinn
>>
>>86241117

Arthur Quip
>>
>>86241038
Yeah Lando would be Yondu i guess but again not too same
>>
>>86241117
ah

remind me

the Emperors name again

SHEEVV

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>86236855

most trilogies are better than star wars, star wars is garbage and always has been.
>>
>>86241117
whats Darth Vader real name again

Also you are so stupid if you think this is valid criticism.

One is 40 year old shit that other is 4 year franchise. Nobody heard Star Wars in first 4 years
>>
>>86241301
Everyone knows both the emperor real name and sith
>>86241344
Everyone knows darth vader name stop pretending to be retarded
>>
>>86241408
>everyone knows name of emperor and darth vader

sure they do
>>
>>86241541
Yes they know, Anakin is fucking everywhere, again stop with this bullshit
>>
>>86240981
>gotg has experienced actor cast

experienced actors such as WWE wrestler,a fat guy in his first real movie , a cgi racoon and vin diesel

even these are better then ford
>>
>>86241117
Peter Quill. Obviously.
>>
>>86236855
In my opinion, Guardians 2 barely elevates itself above a genuinely bad movie
>>
>>86236855
5/10 bait friendo. keep practicing. you will get better
>>
>>86243563
>80 replies
i would say its bretty gut
>>
>>86244184
>27 posters
>>
>>86236855
Both are giant turds.
>>
>>86245550
>>Not famously huge turds
You had one job.
>>
File: (You).jpg (150KB, 700x1120px) Image search: [Google]
(You).jpg
150KB, 700x1120px
>>86236855
>>
File: IMG_0641.jpg (22KB, 227x222px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0641.jpg
22KB, 227x222px
>>86237365
>no arguments as expected

Because none are needed, simpleton. Call me when your shitty Disney flicks spawn a religion.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jediism
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.