[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So was Star Trek 1 just a rip off of 2001 Space Odyssey?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: deckerd.jpg (44KB, 406x534px) Image search: [Google]
deckerd.jpg
44KB, 406x534px
So was Star Trek 1 just a rip off of 2001 Space Odyssey?
>>
yea
>>
>>86236017
>bulge
>>
>>86236017
Small peens are cute, CUTE
>>
>>86236017
it was pretty dope, faggot
in order of greatness:
II
TMP
Undiscovered Country
First Contact
IV
Generations
>>
haha that guy is a pedophile
>>
>>86236809
>chin
>>
>>86236017
look thats a penor
hehe :)
>>
>>86236848
that's normal in the year 2273
>>
is that the average white bulge?
>>
>>86236017
It was made in 1979. Paramount was trying to capitalize on science fiction in the wake of Star Wars. They'd realized how Trek conventions were surprisingly popular and drawing crowds as well as syndication of the original series and simply went with an existing franchise.
>>
>>86236017
Yes. Spock's 2001 scene just ground the pace to a halt.
>>
>>86240586
This too. There are several shots where you can def see them trying to emulate 2001. The whole film is way too slow. The best shot though is when they introduce the Enterprise in space dock.
>>
>>86236747
hi
>>
>>86240719
For the record, tmp is not the worst, five and Inseruction are. Nemesis is fly as hell, wish it was not so hated
>>
>>86240832
Agreed. The "whale" installment wasn't that great either. It was...different.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (82KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
82KB, 1920x1080px
>>86237047
huh?!
>>
>>86241101
Voyage Home was a lot of fun. In the context of there being so many movies the concept lands.
>>
File: delet this.jpg (42KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
delet this.jpg
42KB, 500x376px
>>86241101
>>
>>86240832

No, fuck that, five was great. It was a morality play about the dangers of personality cults and a questioning dig at Star Trek's own utopian idealism. It's probably the best Star Trek movie just because of pure contrast and its poking the rest of the franchise with hard questions.
>>
>>86241610

>poking the rest of the franchise with hard questions.

but anon, what does god need with a starship?
>>
>>86241610
You are seeing past the bad acting, directing, pacing, editing, and banalaty of the concept. I salute you.
>>
>>86241610
I don't know what shitty contrarian Youtube review you lifted that from but both they and you should be shot. 5 was and is an abortion.
>>
>>86240832
This post is objectively true. TMP is one of the best, most engrossing stories even written in the ST universe. The ADD addled schoolboys who call it boring are the same ones who say the first 45 minutes of Alien is boring.
>>
>>86240719
I love the ship scene
>>
>>86242700
As the OP indicated it really was the 2001 shit that bogged it down. Take out Spock's scene with the alien and BAM a right decent movie. For the fuck of it:

1. Undiscovered Country
2. Wrath of Khan
3. First Contact
4. The voyage Home
5. Generations
6. The search for spock (or nemesis )
7. Nemesis (or spock, i waffle a bit)
8. The Motion Picture
9. Insurrection
10. The final frontier

I do not hate thr new trek but I feel no need to include it, for conpletionists just shove them in somewhere under tmp.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.