[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

JUSTIFIED

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 39582.jpg (109KB, 700x374px) Image search: [Google]
39582.jpg
109KB, 700x374px
why does barely anyone get arrested in this show? for instance nobody got arrested for killing the girl's dad. shouldn't this woman be in prison?
>>
File: justified.jpg (94KB, 390x491px) Image search: [Google]
justified.jpg
94KB, 390x491px
Dunno, you are probably right. But goddamn I love this show.
>>
>>86232839
it's great. i'm almost at the end of season 2. it kinda makes me feel like a brainlet sometimes because i don't understand what's going on, they don't outright say what people's plans are.
>>
no one gets arrested because thats the whole premise of the show, he forces a situation where he has to shoot the suspect in a cowboy style showdown, thats why its called justified, because the shooting is justified, how can you not get that?
>>
Seasons 5 and 6 are so disappointing. What a waste of Sam Elliot and holy shit fuck those cousins.
>>
>>86232793
He's a Marshal and they have specific responsibilities. He frequently steps outside of those boundaries on the show, but I think his connection to Mags and the practical realities of actually prosecuting these sorts of cases lead him to not do anything about it.

Law enforcement might ride down a bunch of street trash and throw them in cuffs any day of the week but you can't just arrest serious criminals without solid evidence. Plus the town police would be actively working against him, and I doubt the judge would give them a search warrant to try and dig up something to link her to the murder.

I see this a lot in my job, which deals with regulating pill mills and taking licenses from healthcare providers. These are people with resources and connections a lot of the time and you can't just go after them on suspicion, even when there's a strong indication of wrongdoing. You have to accumulate evidence and build a case over a long period of time. In my situation, if we are found to have maliciously prosecuted someone (for lack of a better term), they can get their attorneys fees from us, which can be tens of thousands of dollars for a single case. I don't know if there's an exact analogue in criminal law but some sort of lawsuit or political retaliation would definitely be in the cards for fucking with a big time criminal in a hick county like that (and failing to nail them). I'm from East Tennessee too so this show is close to home for me in some ways.
>>
>>86232793
He's a murderous US Marshall, all he's interested in doing is killing people.

Plus, almost all the criminals in Justified are dumb and end up getting themselves killed.
>>
>>86234247
What is your job? Got any interesting stories? How do you deal with the frustration of that shit then?
>>
>>86234942
I'm a lawyer for a state department of health, but my "clients" are the various licensing boards: e.g., Board of Medicine, Board of Pharmacy, etc.

Other people say my stories are interesting but I am just inured to it. This was my first job out of law school but I've been here for 5 years. Most of the people I deprive of their livelihood are sad pieces of shit, not master criminals. For every cash-only pharmacy filling Rxs from crooked docs there's 500 nurses who lose their jobs, then their licenses, and eventually their homes because they stole a few pills from a hospital machine. I'm not saying those people don't deserve to be punished it's just so fucking stupid and wasteful. I imagine it's how a cop would feel busting the same low level drug dealers and addicts all the time. Once in a blue moon you get someone who really needs to get taken out of practice, but generally these are people who got hooked after a "legitimate" Rx (like they were in a serious car wreck or had a major surgery) or are going through some tough shit like a divorce or spousal abuse and they act out and get their lives turned upside down as a result.
>>
>>86235368
For a story, I once had a case against a pharmacy that was filling for a well-known pill mill. We had a bunch of patient charts and inventory records and such. We noticed that this guy was filling for all these people at the same address, it was a whole redneck clan like the Bennetts. He told us that the doctor has told him all of these people (some related only by marriage) had a rare metabolic disorder that meant they couldn't process pain medication as well as a normal person. So that was why all 6 of them needed 180 OC 30s (one of them got 500 30s a month), 180 xanax bars and a box of fentanyl suckers every month. We found out later the family patriarch broke his leg and didn't realize it for 3 days. The matriarch, like a 65 year old woman, overdosed on xanax a few months after I closed my case. We didn't take that guys license because he was one of the only pharmacies in a rural county. Even with obvious criminals like that family, they had a lot of legitimate patients and if you put them out of business those people have nowhere to go. It's the same thing with a pain clinic. If you've got 5 doctor shoppers there's probably 50 patients who legitimately have chronic pain problems so it's hard to just shut everyone down because you are almost certainly going to leave some actual sick people out in the cold.
>>
>>86232918
season 2 is a highlight that coasts through season 3, sort of tapers off and circles the drain by the end. it's a satifying show overall
>>
>>86235903
that's actually pretty interesting
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.