[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You will never experience LOTR in the theatre for the first time.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 21

File: IMG_9540.jpg (265KB, 1452x701px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9540.jpg
265KB, 1452x701px
You will never experience LOTR in the theatre for the first time.
>>
>>86229848
I saw the 2nd and 3rd for the first time in the cinemas.

But I will never see that again, if that is what you mean.

Who was your favorite character in LOTR?

Any Aragorn bros here? or you are all legolas faggots
>>
>>86229947
>when reddit tries too hard
>>
>>86229848
I am old enough to have seen them in theatres.
>>
>>86229947
>not rooting for based Faramir
sad
>>
>>86229979
>he didnt have a favorite character when he was 7-11 years old
>>
File: jdimsa.jpg (38KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
jdimsa.jpg
38KB, 500x333px
>>86229848
>Fellowship was 16 years ago
>>
>>86229947
>>86230010
kill yourself
>>
>>86229848
Thank christ
That shit was boring
>>
I saw ROTK in the theater when i was a wee lad
i had to pee so bad by the end, the multiple ending fakeouts were fucking torture
>>
But I did. All 3. My mother took me out of school early those days and we caught a matinee
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (109KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
109KB, 1280x720px
>>86230020
>fellowship was filmed 20 years ago
>>
>>86230032
wew, you're edgy
>>
>>86229848
I did. My mommy took me to see it opening and day and I remember laughing at some bro exiting the theater saying "three damn hours, and still no ending?" and then went home and nuzzled up to my Tolkein book collection.
>>
>>86230003
So is almost everyone here you chucklefuck, OP meant for the first time again
>>
>>86230020
>>86230070
>tfw saw FotR for the first time and then got a GameCube as my birthday/Christmas present

Life was better then.
>>
>>86230104
*RE: Fellowship of the Ring
>>
>>86229848
I never have...
>>
>>86230032
Fag.
>>
>whiny faggot hobbit
>his gay best friend
>two comedy relief hobbits
>faggot man who starts kissing Boromir's dead body
>comedy relief dwarf
>le ebin "they're taking the hobbits to Isengard" meme elf
>le ebin "one does not simply walk into Mordor" meme man
>le ebin "YOU SHALL NOT PASS" meme wizard

What an awful cast of characters
>>
i am not old enough to have seen it in theaters
>>
>>86229848
>lotr always came out around my birthday
>parents always took 7, 8, and 9 year old me to see them
It was a good childhood.
>>
>>86230178
Missed this meme
>>
File: 1497686643607.jpg (31KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1497686643607.jpg
31KB, 640x480px
>you will never see a new fantasy film with an all white cast again
>>
>going to see the trilogy in the park with live orchestra next week
>>
>>86230109
it's 2017 mate, there's kids posting on here that weren't even born then, nevermind seeing it first time around.
>>
I was a bit of a fag when this came out and couldn't sit still to watch Fellowship. I did watch it at home some time later and loved it so I went to the theaters with my mom for the second. I got one of my friends into LotR so by the time RotK came out we took him to see it as well. Asshole would not shut up. Man those were the days. Fucking loved the video games too. Used to play RotK with my mom and uncle doing co-op
>>
Saw Fellowship three times. Beautiful, moving experience. That final fight scene every time when Boromir gets hit with the first arrow and there's a sudden silence you could hear a pin drop every time, even in a packed house. Best character - Gandalf.
>>
>>86229848
Shitty flicks anyway.
>>
>>86230513
DELETE THIS
>>
Is there a better movie song than In to the West?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shdiTRxTJb4
>>
>>86229848
LOTR is garbage.
>>
>>86229848
I did, well maybe not the second one, I think I watched a leak. The first and third I definitely did though, I am not a young fag.
>>
>>86229848
Saw all three on release in theaters. Was 10 or so when the first one came out, didn't know anything about it going in except orcs were bad guys.
I was blown away. Star Wars has nothing on LOTR. We'll never see its like again.
>>
>>86229848
Doesn't matter. Get your best mates together, buy a bunch of stout ales, and sit down in front of a big TV screen. It'll feel like the first time no matter how many times you've watched it.
>>
>Just watched these for the first time at 25 years old
>It was fucking amazing

Didn't watch as a kid because my older brother got butt hurt they made more money and garnered more acclaim than Star Wars, so he poisoned them for me.

I love them all but I felt Return was the best. So many good moments I can't even choose one. Fuck all plebs who don't like Return of the Kings epilogue. Some of the best kino in this franchise.
>>
>>86230020
That's a quarter of a life. Why the fuck has no one else been able to make something that similar in that amount of time?
>>
>>86229947
Merry is objectively the best character
>>
I did though
even saw two towers three times inthe cinema
>>
>>86229947
>Who was your favorite character in LOTR?
When I was a child, Legolas.
When I was a preteen, Aragorn.
When I was a teenager, Faramir.
When I was 20, Samwise.
Nowadays, King Theoden.
>>
>>86231222
>I love them all but I felt Return was the best.
>not Fellowship
maybe when you go back for a future review you'll see that Fellowship is superior
>>
>>86231333
Nice trips. I'm not him, but while Fellowship may be the most cohesive, solid film of the three (if you really, REALLY want to count the three films separately, which is stupid because it's one movie in three parts), ROTK definitely hits the highest emotional peaks out of the three films. Which makes sense, of course, given that it's the climax of the story.

But no matter which of the three movies you love the most, any of them is the correct answer.
>>
>>86231333
I'm open to that. I'm totally fresh to LOTR in general so I haven't had time to really dig into them. I think ROTK is more viscerally appealing upon first viewing but I'd totally believe Fellowship is better upon subsequent viewings.
>>
15 when fellowship came out, read the books about a month before, was so hyped and it lived up to it.

>fuck I am old
>>
I remember watching them in theaters as a kid. Cried when the heads flew
>>
>>86229848
I saw all three in theaters. And frankly, if you think they are not going to give these films the Star Wars treatment. You are fucking retarded.
>>
Weird is, I distinctly remember watching two towers in the cinema , but not FOTR or ROTK...
>>
>>86229848
saw all of them the day they came out on theatre.

Man I still remember seeing the 1st one. I was blown away. I saw it again the day after.
>>
>>86231016
Just posting my favourite tracks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkyeB9S54AY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFTkHC5F0Vs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUIZvAe3RBg
>>
>>86231540
No need for the hostile tone, bro. Grab a pipe of Longbottom Leaf and chill out.

Besides, who cares? We have the original films.
>>
File: 1497722039033.png (206KB, 484x403px) Image search: [Google]
1497722039033.png
206KB, 484x403px
>>86230347
tfw you're horribly right
>>
>>86231540
They have, just look at the hobbit.
>>
>>86231540
There's no more material. They already gave it the Star Wars treatment by milking the Hobbit into three films, but what could they do now?
>>
>>86232062
TV Show LOTR with a diverse cast is what i expect, some time in 2020's
>>
lord of the rings needs a black remake
>>
>>86231311
when you reach full maturity, you'll finally realize it was Boromir.
>>
>>86232102
Being young is idolising Rohan.

Being an adult is realising Gordon makes more sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-1VXJo9zkY
>>
>>86229848
Did anyone else hate how prominent Liv Tyler was in the marketing and top billing despite how little she contributed to the plot, action, and screen time after her big introduction that shoved out some random somebody elf in the books?
>>
>>86232232
she was huge when the films came out desu
>>
>>86232232
I was relieved that the ol horseface didn't get as much time as marketing suggested. gotta get that female romance demographic
>>
the one thing I can say about the two towers is that it was the most immersive film out of the three by nature of being in the middle. The fellowship introduces you to the world, its less immersive and more of a "wow this is so different" feeling, like youre entering a new world but its still new so youre just getting used to the setting. ROTK is the climax finale, less about just exploring the world and more about bringing a conclusion to everything and serving as a send-off for your journey back to the real world.
But two towers is where everything settles and you really just become completely immersed in the world. Its no longer new and shiny, but you still wanna explore all the nooks and crannies and thats what the two towers does. We get to see how the orcs and uruks live, their industry and lifestyle, their conversations and arguments with each other. What was in the first movie merely a faceless enemy is now a living, breathing society with personalities and purpose. You realize orcs are an entirely different race with their own backstory, and they have fear and anxiety and all the emotions our heroes feel. When the rohirrim ambush them, the humans are now the foreign shadowy figures and you see a battle from the perspective of the orcs. Thats how you build a world. Furthermore we're introduced to Fangorn Forest, the evil men of the east, we get a glimse mordor and the black gate, the men are introduced to frodo and sam as morally grey, deeply rooted in an almost WW1-like conflict that makes you question just who these "evil" men were and why they fight. You learn about Rohan, get a glimpse of their lifestyle and history, everything is so alive and in motion, a fully-fleshed out world that is the star of the show more than any one character. You start to realize that all you saw in the fellowship was just a taste of the huge, expansive, and varied world that tolkien built, then you get sam's speech to bring it home and remind you of the goal.
>>
>>86232399
i know everyone says two is the worst because on 4chan liking action is considered plebby or something, but as a kid it was easily the most enjoyable of the three
helms deep was like nothing i'd ever seen
>>
>>86231815
Great taste. Here's mine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPPROZTrHH4
Possibly the greatest opening scene of any movie ever. The chorus section that breaks out when Gandalf falls is almost Biblical, it's like hearing an opera written in the Golden Age.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgJYNveHOYU
For obvious reasons. It starts off sinister and tense, then becomes so heroic and hopeful. The way the scales and octaves build up as each beacon is lit is damn-near cathartic. You can literally feel the reuniting of the old kingdom of Arnor. Then that little callback to the Rohan theme as King Theoden decides to fight for Gondor; fucking perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQzLFsaZ8Zw
It goes from the very lowest, saddest possible depths of despair to the highest peaks of hope and courage within 6 minutes.

Sorry for the commentary, I just think Howard Shore wrote one of the greatest symphonies of all time and it deserves recognition for why it's so good.
>>
>>86232502
People say Return is the worst because it's all shallow action set pieces and lacks the soul of the first, your strawman argument is bad and you should feel bad
>>
>>86230374
That actually sounds really gay
>>
>>86230020
>Tolkien lived 100 years ago
Just die in my fucking sleep already.
>>
>>86232559
not even a strawman I'm just regurgitating the most common opinion expressed when rating the three films on this website

apologise to me
>>
>>86232399
Don't forget that little part in Helm's Deep where it shows terrified young boys being suited up for war. As a kid, that scene scared me more than anything because it suddenly brought home just how real the world was. Before, it felt like Middle Earth was a distant fantasy-land, but then you see that and realize it may as well be our own.
>>
>nothing will ever come close to moria again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joeHUj3hLeE
>>
>>86232823
I fucking cried my eyes out when Gandalf died every time I watched Fellowship until I was like 16.

Just kidding I still do ;_;
>>
I literally can't find the OST forr when they're in the shire
>>
>>86232232
She was originally going to be fighting at Helms Deep, they filmed it. But Jackson saw people were complaining about it online and decided to cut her out.
>>
>>86232966
its literally the first soundtrack in the fellowship OST, and then the second is the party song
>>
>>86232966
Concerning Hobbits
>>
>>86232504
second one is good, i like 6:10.

MUSTER THE ROHHIRIM
>>
>>86232998
It's things like that that made me realize Jackson is a complete hack, and LOTR was saved by the collective love of the source material from literally every other person working on the film.
>>
>>86229848
Went and seen all 3 in the theatre with my dad and two brothers, was our favorite thing about the Christmas break. We would do a rewatch of the DVDs before we went each time. We Would talk excitedly about it the whole ride home, your right OP I'll prob never have that again.
>>
>>86233414
i still remember waiting in the line with my family for the 3rd film, and the hype was so insane by that point that the line was going out the theater, through the entire shopping center and into the parking lot. Practically every single screen was showing the same movie, and the line had hundreds upon hundreds of people, like a comic-con or some shit. Ive never seen such a ridiculously huge cultural phenomenon in my entire life. It was like being at a sporting event more than a movie. Costumes, kids running around, people of all ages and cliques. It was surreal.

The absolute standing ovation of cheers when Sam said, "I cant carry it for you, but I can carry you!" People were sobbing and cheering at the same time.
>>
>>86232102
>ywn die defending your friends, surrounded by the corpses of your enemies, chest full of arrows, with an oath from your king that your city will not fall nor your people fail

Why fucking bother
>>
File: 1498155572930.jpg (505KB, 2048x1441px) Image search: [Google]
1498155572930.jpg
505KB, 2048x1441px
>>86231333
Nice trips. Fellowship is my favorite simply because it appeals to me the most. It feels most like the books, slow and cozy at times and thrilling and ferocious at others. The whole thing is drenched in nostalgia; it's unmistakably a product of the late 90s/early 00s but it almost totally avoids feeling dated. Truly one of my favorite movies, I can't count how many times I've watched it.
>>
>>86230347
Not a film, but netflix is making a series based on the witcher franchise, there are little to no non whites in the books.
>>
>>86233742
>The absolute standing ovation of cheers when Sam said, "I cant carry it for you, but I can carry you!" People were sobbing and cheering at the same time.

I'll admit, I was one of those people. I also remember people earnestly cheering and clapping when Gandalf whacked Denethor and took control of the city's defence. It was incredible, you could feel an entire room of anxiety lift when people saw Gondor was finally going to fight back with passion.
>>
>>86234055
im not american so people do not clap and cheer in the cinema AT ALL

the one exception to this i've witnessed was when aragorn chopped off lurtz's head and lots of people clapped and cheered
>>
>>86234055
you must be american, it's not the theatre, shut the fuck up and watch the film

chiense and americans are the WORST people to share a cinema with
>>
>>86234111
Protip: "Americlap" is just a meme. You might only see that shit in really low-IQ parts of the South or Midwest. Nobody actually claps when a movie ends. That's why us talking about people clapping and cheering during LOTR is such a big deal to us, because it was a completely unique experience.

Get the hell out of this comfy LotR thread with your malcontent, your hate-mongering.
>>
Samwise was the real hero. Prove me wrong.

You can't.
>>
>>86229848
I saw the third one in the theatre with my dad. Sad for the people that didn't experience it.
>>
>>86234291
>chiense and americans are the WORST people to share a cinema with
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpvtxQmHudo
Hello Pajeet
>>
>>86234291
Its usually the type of people without manners that do that shit, ya know children, blacks, latinos. Then theres women on their phones the whole time, then asking what just happened.
>>
>>86234418
Of course he is, Tolkien flat-out says he is.
>>
>>86234379
how was my comment hate mongering you absolute shitstain cumbucket twatfaced dicknose granny-raping cunt
>>
>>86234379
>just a meme

It is very real. Look at the Infinity Wars leak video. Go watch any capeshit or horror film in cinema.
>>
>>86234418
What does that make Frodo? The PTSD friend?
>>
File: 1490537850893.png (83KB, 790x773px) Image search: [Google]
1490537850893.png
83KB, 790x773px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVMq7ynj_64
>even LOTR DVD extras have more heart than most mainstream movies from this decade
>>
Is there anyone here that actually dislikes the movies, not trolling, but actually dislikes them?
>>
>>86229848
you will never experience LOTR in an arena with a live orchestra doing the soundtrack. fucking pleb
>>
>>86234491
>>86234291

I mean to quote both of you's, but the effect is the same. You're trying to divide us by pointing out our differences and trying to cause bickering. Did you learn nothing? We have to reunite the scattered kingdoms of Men if we want to stand against evil. Gondor, Arnor and Rohan, together!
>>
>>86234623
Decoy protagonist
>>
>>86234740
No. If you don't like them you're a heartless monster who will succumb to the temptations of Sauron.
>>
>>86234755
I wasn't even trying to be mean, just highlight a cultural difference, so actually fuck off you oversensitive btich
>>
tfw when you were born at a time when you were to young to appericiate the movies. But then again if you were born earlier you would be an oldfag now
>>
>>86229848
I did though, you underaged faggot.
>>
File: 1433547782003.jpg (68KB, 485x486px) Image search: [Google]
1433547782003.jpg
68KB, 485x486px
I read the books before watching watching the films, so however good they are they will always be underwhelming hollywood shit to me.
>>
>>86234841
Suck a fuck, Orc-face. Apology accepted.
>>
>>86234418
I rewatched the trilogy last week and you can really see how brave sam really is. Anytime frodo is in danger and sam is near, he is the first to jump into the fray and fight. At the prancing pony he threatens aragorn, at amon sul he tries to fight a fucking ring wraith for his friend, in moria he fights orcs with a godamned frying pan, he saves him from shelob, makes his way to cirith ungol alone, wrecks the remaining orcs and carries him up a mountain. When he had the ring it should have shown him miles of lusty hobbit bitches ready to pleasure him instead of a mordor covered in flowers.
>>
>>86229947
G I M L I
>>
>>86233826
>it's unmistakably a product of the late 90s/early 00s
In what way?
>>
>>86235028
I hold them as completely separate things, and love them individually for what they are. The books, for being one of the greatest, most human stories ever written. And the movies, for being the most emotional and dramatic piece ever filmed.
>>
>>86229947
Gollum
>>
>>86235178
That's not a halfway bad way of looking at it, actually.
I just wish the movies were somewhat subtler and most subsumed at their earlier parts.

[insert comparison between Books Moria & Jackson Moria here]
>>
File: 4654671104.png (440KB, 645x1260px) Image search: [Google]
4654671104.png
440KB, 645x1260px
>>86230347
>tfw a LOTR reboot with a new diverse cast will be in cinemas in your lifetime and everyone will love it and will forget about the old movies except you
>>
>>86235186
Gollum is the one character i wouldn't miss if he wasn't there.

I understand his importance but his voice grates me
>>
File: tom-bombadil.jpg.jpg (139KB, 661x492px) Image search: [Google]
tom-bombadil.jpg.jpg
139KB, 661x492px
>>86229848
The books are better.
>>
File: The_Worm_Ouroboros_book_cover.jpg (24KB, 270x370px) Image search: [Google]
The_Worm_Ouroboros_book_cover.jpg
24KB, 270x370px
Boring drawn-out shit, the movies are garbage and so is Tolkien's wholesale Norse mythology copypasta, which for some retarded reason is praised to high heaven while the true pinnacle of fantasy literature has been left in the dust of history, only known to the truly sophisticated.
>>
>>86235237
>>86235178
oh, and I also wish the movies didn't skip and shit over the earliest parts of the books. In the books, the entire saga before Bree feels like a completely different book, and it's honestly my favorite writings of the entire Tolkien canon. Jackson either ignored them, truncated them into irrelevancy or just plain mishandled the adaptation.
>>
>>86235080
https://youtu.be/BKIgv8AhffA
>>
>brother goes off to college
>comes back just once a year for Christmas
>he introduces me to LotR and we watch them each year they get released
>he fills in all the backstory and pieces from the Silmarillion I ask about

Some of the best memories I'll ever have. I'm definitely looking forward to someone remaking the Hobbit into a single great film.
>>
>>86235178
Tolkien is a bad writer. Great stories but tedious writer. He forgets to stop rendering scenic detail. Still manage to be great books despite his weaknesses.
>>
>>86235856
war makes men great writers
>>
>>86229848
dont make me feel OP, i remember watching them in theaters when i was 8,9,10. i remember my dumbass didnt want to see fellowship at first instead i wanted to see monsters inc but then my dad said "fuck that shit" and took me to the fellowship. i love my dad
>>
>>86235856
I disagree. Middle Earth is as much of a character as any of the Men, Elves, or Hobbits are, and I love the way Tolkien describes how it breathes and lives. A lot of people get hung up on this because they're used to the environment being merely a backdrop to give a frame of reference, and not a critical piece in the story.
>>
File: 1402707630014.jpg (46KB, 600x591px) Image search: [Google]
1402707630014.jpg
46KB, 600x591px
>>86235856
>complaining about large descriptive passages in a novel instead of proper analysis founded on style, themes, prose, esthetics, emotion, etc.
Get back to /got/ general. I bet taxposting gets you mad as well.
LOTR is not perfect by any means but you are a fucking brainlet.
>>
File: Gamling.jpg (129KB, 1000x752px) Image search: [Google]
Gamling.jpg
129KB, 1000x752px
>>86229947
I'm a Gamling man myself.
>>86231815
Good fucking choices bro.
>>
>>86236063
Overly long landscape descriptions aren't even a big problem. I really have no idea what the fuck >>86235856 is talking about. I almost doubt he actually read any of Tolkien's writings.
>>
>>86229848
I saw 2 and 3 in theaters. I've seen 1 and 2 multiple times since but I've never seen 3 again.
I didn't like it for some reason and I never gave it another shot.
>>
>see all three films in theater
>twice
>first time watching Two Towers
>relative who went with me spent the last half of the movie needing to piss but didn't want to miss anything
>Ents tearing down Isengard
>"Break the dam! Release the river!"
>>
>>86229848
I feel like I'm always missing something in these threads. I saw every single one of these movies at the advanced showing the night before or midnight and other than war scene in The Two Towers nothing and no one was too hype. I think the most excited people got was for The Matrix Reloaded trailer or something like that. I take it most of you were younger than 14 or something?
>>
>>86236273
Did poor Gambling get crushed in the charge? He doesn't appear after that and the books don't mention him either.
>>
>>86236565
No he got crushed by debts. Aragorn's tax policy was very heavy on gambling.
>>
>>86236515
Considering the amount of money these movies made, a lot of it from enthusiastic repeat viewings, I'm going to speculate your experience was atypical. It happens. Sometimes you just get a bad audience.
>>
File: 1501920092249.jpg (54KB, 305x309px) Image search: [Google]
1501920092249.jpg
54KB, 305x309px
>>86236624
fuck sake kek
>>
>>86236515
LotR isn't really about hype as it is about sheer weight and epicness. It's the difference between a satisfying feast of meat & gravy and 2 packs of Pringles. Both are tasty in their own way, both are caloric, but the former is just more satisfying.
>>
everyone stood and clapped
>>
>>86230020
i feel sick
>>
>>86236641
You didn't answer my question. And why would you need to speculate? Why not just share your own experience and more to the point AGE when you saw them.
>>
>>86236684
This. When Eowyn killed the Witch King everyone yelled YYYAAAAAASSSSSS SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY QUUUUUUUIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNN and clapped
>>
>>86236767
PROTIP: Appeals to age are cheap non-arguments used by those who can't rationally justify their opinions.
FYI, I watched the movies for the first time after I read the books, and at the age of 16-17, and I loved them.
>>
>>86236676
I understand this perspective but it still doesn't explain the you will never first time meme. I've never met anyone who regarded it as like a mind blowing first time experience.
>>
>>86229848
They are being re-released in theaters in South Korea this year.
>>
>>86236823
I wasn't making an argument. And if you didn't see the movies in theaters please don't "argue" what audience reception was like.
>>
>>86236867
Everyone who read the books was hype about seeing it translated to the big screen.

Maybe some normies who weren't big into reading didn't get the appeal.
>>
>>86235118
>tfw you will never be a Dwarf and live comfily underground with malt beer, roaring fires, and red meat off the bone
Fucking KILL ME
>>
>>86236907
I want you to try and guess how I know you're a redditor.
>>
>>86236907
>Everyone who read the books

Are you referring to the fraction of a percent of millennials and Gen Xers that had read more than the hobbit prior to the announcement of the movies being made? Or the bandwagoners?
>>
File: 1366273887094.jpg (60KB, 511x428px) Image search: [Google]
1366273887094.jpg
60KB, 511x428px
>you will never watch the comfy behind the scenes bonus DVDs in bed for the first time again
>>
>>86233263
And posts like these make me realize you are an idiot.
Did you watch Jackson't previous films? They were good, he's no hack.
Nowadays he is just tired and washed up. He fulfilled his dream.
>>
>>86232089
Lord of the Bling
>>
>>86237111
>Did you watch Jackson't previous films? They were good, he's no hack.

Is this bait? People lost their minds when he was announced because of how bad his movies were.
>>
>>86237052
>m-muh paragraphs

You need to go back.
>>
File: Cg1aBq4WwAE1qNL.jpg (26KB, 590x481px) Image search: [Google]
Cg1aBq4WwAE1qNL.jpg
26KB, 590x481px
>>86233962
>he thinks that just because there's no non-whites in the original material that will stop Netflix producers shoehorning them in anyway

Hahahaha!
>>
>>86237077
I've never seen it, is it really worth a watch?
>>
File: FaceApp_1502301000821.jpg (56KB, 637x640px) Image search: [Google]
FaceApp_1502301000821.jpg
56KB, 637x640px
ayo hol up so u be sayin dey not once finna be taking dem eaglez ta mordo?
>>
>>86237282
Have a look:
>>86234666
>>
>>86237193
No, not that.
Keep trying.
>>
File: 1501795550423.gif (393KB, 540x310px) Image search: [Google]
1501795550423.gif
393KB, 540x310px
>>86229848
>School theater held a marathon of all 3 movies, extended edition

Feels good to spend 12 hours doing nothing but watching Medievikino
>>
>>86231237
Lack of will.
>>
File: banners_20.jpg (60KB, 960x350px) Image search: [Google]
banners_20.jpg
60KB, 960x350px
>january 2016
>went to see Fellowship of the ring live projection
>music felt even more pure and angelical
>obviously cried at the moment they started playing the prologue, at gandalf fall, breaking of the fellowship and boromir's death

>january 2017
>went to see the two towers live projection
>cried at arwen leaving rivendell with that glorious soundtrack, at eomer charge at helms deep and again at arwen leaving rivendell music that plays during the credits

>january 2018
>already have the ticket to see the return of the king live projection
What a time to be alive
>>
File: sad.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
sad.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
getting older has made me realize this is the most emotional soundtrack inthe trilogy. THE FEELS
if 2:38 and onwards doesn't make you emotinal, youre a faggot. BOROMIR CREW
>>
>>86237849
forgot link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0KyhRkgThc
>>
>>86237052
Cause he...read it?
>>
I saw all three in cinema, am 22. Was in Ireland not a nigger in sight in the cinema just like in the film. Felt good man.
>>
>>86235502
There are a couple of fan edits that cut the three into one 4 hour film.
It's the best we've got unless they redo them but then I'd be worried about them redoing LoTR too.
>>
>>86229848

>was 20 years old when I saw Fellowship in theatre
>remember seeing hype footage over a year before it was released

why am I still posting here
>>
It's not a series that requires that. The first time you see it and the last time you see it, the quality is identical and so is enjoyment.
I mean, you read the books, right? You knew what was happening? Even if you didn't, there are no twists.

Other films might need it, but the best films can do repeated views.
>>
>>86230020
Don't include me in the screencap, bitch. I am actually shocked at this. What the fucking shit? I am literally mad. I was almost prevented from seeing this films and actually being a bit scared with Fellowship. 16 fucking years.
>>
File: fSSh7df.png (80KB, 500x421px) Image search: [Google]
fSSh7df.png
80KB, 500x421px
>>86238050
I remember seeing the premiers on the news with all people dressed in armour and shit, take me back.
>>
>>86233826
Good call bro, what do you think of the extended cut?
>>
>>86230020
I remember seeing the trailer and thinking it looked like a much better Dungeons & Dragons film than the one last year. I didn't know what LotR was at the time.
>>
Anyone know of any high definition rips of the extended version without the filter? I still love my blu ray EE collection, but I could do without the noticeable green and blue shades it has (mostly in the first though).
Blu ray quality or equivalent is a must though so I don't thin the normal DVD rips will cut it.
>>
Fuck this thread makes me want to sit down and watch them.
>>
>>86229848

What is the average age of this board? I saw them all in the cinema.
Thread posts: 171
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.