[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

50-Year-Old Superheroes Present New Challenges for Hollywood

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

File: batman_split_embed.jpg (119KB, 928x523px) Image search: [Google]
batman_split_embed.jpg
119KB, 928x523px
Tell me /tv/, have superhero and action movies inspired you to become fit and muscular?
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/andy-samberg-joanna-newsom-welcome-baby-girl-1027759
>As action stars lead franchises into their second decades, top trainers sweat to keep actors ripped while providing knee- and back-friendly routines now that they "can’t take thephysical abuse.
>>
no but pain and gain did
>>
>>86225595
Nice link bro
>>
>>86225595
Yes.
I'm a local superhero named Heavy Metal.
>>
roids is the real answer
>>
File: fail.jpg (45KB, 371x400px) Image search: [Google]
fail.jpg
45KB, 371x400px
>>86225595
lol this thread
>>
>>86225595
> have superhero movies inspired you to become fit and muscular?

No because I'm not 13 years old
>>
>>86225595
Yes but I'm also lazy as fuck so what are you gonna do?
>>
File: cavill immortals.jpg (280KB, 1496x1334px) Image search: [Google]
cavill immortals.jpg
280KB, 1496x1334px
Henry Cavill in Immortals has the ideal body shape. Very low fat. Reasonable amount of muscle. But at the same time very slim and clean. When you're built like this, you can quit working out and still be in decent shape for a good while.

With his huge Superman build, he can't just quit lifting. He'd put on ton of fat instead. Just look what happened to Arnold.
>>
>>86225623
All the Hollywood Reporter links are like that.
>>
>>86225628
I wonder if the local superhero trend has ever produced any villains.
>>
>>86225595
>Tell me /tv/, have superhero and action movies inspired you to become fit and muscular?

They did at the beginning,but that inspiration is short lived because I wanted a different build every new movie I watched. I started becoming fit when I stopped paying attention to magazines and movies and just went to the gym to tire myself so much so I don't think about my life. It does wonders and before you know it,you are in shape and that is enough inspiration to keep going.
>>
My bad guys, posted wrong link. I am sorry.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/50-year-old-superheroes-present-new-challenges-hollywood-fitness-gurus-1027529
>>
File: buffed affleck.jpg (45KB, 418x628px) Image search: [Google]
buffed affleck.jpg
45KB, 418x628px
>>86225727
>and just went to the gym to tire myself so much so I don't think about my life
This is why I've kept working out for the past five years. It's like a drug that makes you forget how shitty your life. And when I stop going there for a few weeks, I get hit with immense anxiety and reminded of what a huge fuck up I am. So back there I go. I don't know what my default state is anymore. It sort of sucks being tired through your 20's but eh.
>>
>>86225697
This is my goal body. With a body like that you'll look good in any clothes.
>>
>>86225801
Same with me but instead of working out I drink.
>>
>>86225845
The hardest part is the low fat percentage. Muscle builds easy with calories. But burning so much fat to the point where your abs and pecs look that good is geniunely hard. I've been nearly there a few times but always failed because the diet needs to be so strict.
>>
>>86225595
>Tell me /tv/, have superhero and action movies inspired you to become fit and muscular?
Yes scenes when done correctly make me want to lift weights. Seeing certain things temporarily raises your testosterone. This applies to film, sports, music, real life, everything. It's common sense but I am sure there are edgelords who'll claim otherwise.
>>
>>86225939
Yeah. Cutting the booze is definitely the hardest part for me.
>>
>>86225697
You realize what happened to Arnold is that he turned 70 and stopped roiding hard, right? He looks great for his age.

t. /fit/
>>
>>86226047
He looks good but his body is a mess of fat. That's how body builders end up as. Especially on roids. If you stop roiding and working out, you look like shit.
>>
>>86225801
>And when I stop going there for a few weeks, I get hit with immense anxiety and reminded of what a huge fuck up I am

I know how you feel man. My body and looks define my confidence right now and I am anxious if I miss the gym. There is this heatwave in Europe and it was literally 43 celsius outside and I still went because I don't want to lose the continuity

>>86225883
I started working out after my dad died out of alcoholism. I have predisposition for addiction so I decided to work out to replace the addiction and so far it works.
>>
>>86225697

You don't know nothing at all
>>
>>86225595
No because being fit and muscular won't give me a future.
>>
>>86225697
>m..m..muscle turns to fat
(You)moron
>>
>>86225595

I was inspired to get /fit/ because i got cucked by a calisthenic fag

after a month or two of training i realized that the calisthenic fag wasn't muscular at all, he just did a few pull ups a week and nothing else, it was just the image that did the trick

I kept lifting because i liked it, it gave insane results just doing a few hours a week. There are bouts where i dedicate myself more to it going 3 times a week, and other times i lift just two days a week to mantain without stressing over my diet too much, it works wonders

Also I start drinking too much when i'm doing nothing so working out and chess keeps me at bay and functional
>>
>>86226518
>>86226393
No you fucking idiot it doesn't but if you put on a ton of weight you're eating ton of food and you get easily adjusted for eating ton of food and then laying off that food becomes hard even if you stop working out. Your body always strives to make you store more calories.
>>
>>86226562

that only happens to fatties with food addiction, i have went through months of not working out because of injuries and i actually got leaner because i was barely eating one meal a day and just caffeine during half day cause my body realized i wasn't doing shit at all and it didn't need to eat at all
>>
File: maxresdefault (4).jpg (378KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (4).jpg
378KB, 1280x720px
>>86226240
He's not fat. He has loose skin. Part of the whole being old and smaller than you used to be thing.
>>
These actors are all juiced to the gills. They somehow get even bulkier and more shredded than professional athletes (who are also probably on juice) in even less time. There's a lot of talk about unfair portrayals of the female body but at least those actresses don't have to literally take a shitload of expensive drugs to look the way they do
>>
>>86225697
Thats how i looked after just lifting for 8 months, also he's not that ripped, i can clearly see that they have used makeup and shadeing on his body
t./fit/ and /heem/ crossboarder
>>
>>86227443
It's fucking bullshit. Just compare Wonder Woman to Superman. Superman had to work out for half a decade probably juicing it while all WW had to manage was her calorie intake. And yet they're all whining that Gal had to shave her armpit. CAVILL HAD TO WORK OUT SEVEN TIMES A WEEK FOR YEARS TRYING TO BUILD A BODY WORTHY OF SUPERMAN YOU CUNTS
>>
>>86225939

drink something that helps with burning fat and food

like yerba mate for example, that shit makes you lean as fuck
>>
>>86227512
>Cavill had to work out for years

Christopher Reeve did it in like a year lmao
>>
>>86227560
Cristopher Reeve never worked out. Male beauty standards have inflated tremendously over the past decades in film. They're all super ripped and juiced now. Three decades ago and Reeves only needed to lift a few times and get in suit.
>>
>>86227512

cavill used roids and he already had a muscular physique years before so probably it took him 3 to 4 months

>>86227560

Reeve was natty
>>
File: Ls7WLDK.jpg (277KB, 1200x899px) Image search: [Google]
Ls7WLDK.jpg
277KB, 1200x899px
>>86227560
>>86227639

Reeves also had a bigger neck that gives the illusion of bigger muscular physique
>>
>>86227598
>Reeve never worked out

lmao at least one person who worked on that movie has said that he put in a lot of effort to bulk up for that part. In his audition tape he's noticeably leaner than he is in the movie.
>>86227639
I don't know what natty means. Is that a new Reddit term?
>>
>>86227877

>speaking about lifting
>saying he doesn't know what natty means
>thinking it comes from reddit

kys

male standards have changed because all actors now use steroids, all of them, to change their physiques in the shortest time possible with the least effort possible

natty means being natural, not using steroids at all, just lifting and diet
>>
>>86228010
Well it worked for him. He looked great in the part. I don't care that he didn't use steroids.
>>
>>86228108

i mean, he did progress in a year, but cavill did much more in like 3 months because of steroids

normies think steroids are just those ballooned IFBB freaks, but steroids are commonly used in hollywood and sports
>>
>>86228258
Who cares if they used steroids? I would too.
>>
>>86228456

steroids are illegal

if hollywood used steroids they should make them legal

it's like saying hollywood can use cocaine to lose weight or work more hours just because they can
>>
>>86228456
Nah steroids fuck you up. These actors are fucking killing themselves doing this shit. And yet all the media cares about is some slim girl that goes to the gym twice a week. I legitimately felt bad for Ben Affleck after BvS. Quitting is not easy.
>>
>>86228589
>>86228580

Yeah they are also difficult to get off from, I mean testosterone fuck up all your hormone regulation for a long time, causing depression and shit
>>
>>86228580
I don't think steroids are actually illegal. They're just banned from competitive sports.
>>
>>86228456
Because of the body image it promotes. Steroids are very unhealthy so it's bad for society when the media dictates that the ideal male body is one only achievable with steroids
>>
>>86228589
I get that but I'd probably still do it if I was an actor and needed to get in shape quick. Besides, they still have to follow a strict diet and exercise routine. It's not like they just inject roids and then kick back with pizza and beer.
>>
>>86228672
>i don't think steroids are actually illegal
>i don't know what natty means

you're in front of a computer, google it you braindead moron
>>
>>86228879
I'm the guy who didn't know what natty meant and I haven't posted in this thread in 11 minutes.
>>
>>86228879
It's probably easy enough to find a Los Angeles doctor that's willing to write a prescription though. I understand that they're technically "illegal" but an actor being caught with steroids would just pay a fine or whatever.
>>
>>86229002

>getting a prescription for steroids

you can get a prescription for testosterone, but there are shit load of different steroids out there
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.