[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name a better genre than film noir. You can't.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Riffraff.jpg (81KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Riffraff.jpg
81KB, 720x540px
Name a better genre than film noir.

You can't.
>>
>>86215078
I like westerns and horror and action and sci fi too, adventure as well I guess but at a certain point all this stuff overlaps because they contain so many similar elementsq. I just love "genre" and "exploitation" movies that are actually good and thoughtful desu
>>
>>86215078
Ah yes gentlesir, I enjoy a good noir film unlike the rest of these filthy plebs, they just don't make movies as classy as they did back then

*tips fedora*
>>
>>86215078
Capeshit
>>
File: 1496979755568.jpg (112KB, 1281x722px) Image search: [Google]
1496979755568.jpg
112KB, 1281x722px
Is True Detective Season 1 noir?
>>
>>86215186
Idk I don't watch tv because I'm not a plebeian troglodyte
>>
>>86215186
Southern Gothic
Still good
>>
>>86215186
nah
>>
>black and white
DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
>>86215078
>better genre than film noir
Why, film blanc, of course!
>>
>>86215123
>liking good kino is fedora

Fuck off you bellend.
>>
>>86215078
Give me some 10/10 classic film noirs. I've seen Out of the Past, Maltese Falcon, The Big Sleep and The Third Man and the only 10/10 has been Third Man.
>>
>>86215078
Even with the worst of the worst, Sci fi and maybe some subsect of comedy. Mel Brooks comedy.
>>
hong kong kung fu films
>>
>>86216730
These are my favourites:

Sunset Boulevard
Touch of Evil
Double Indemnity
Out of the Past
In a Lonely Place
The Big Heat
>>
>>86216730
On Dangerous Ground
In a Lonely Place
They Live by Night
Phantom Lady
The Killers
Criss Cross
The File on Thelma Jordon
The Woman in the Window
Scarlet Street
The Big Heat
Human Desire
The Blue Gardenia
Double Indemnity
Sunset Boulevard
Touch of Evil
The Night of the Hunter
Force of Evil
Gun Crazy
Detour
Thieves' Highway
The Naked City
Pickup on South Street
The Asphalt Jungle
Too Late for Tears
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.