[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alien: Covenant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 177
Thread images: 24

Finally got around to seeing this and fuck me, I thought you guys were overstating how bad it was. I found myself consciously wondering throughout the film whether I was supposed to give a fuck about the deaths of any of the crew -in fact the one sweet taste it left in my mouth was that David won and they all died, which now has me wondering whether the two-dimensional characters were intentional after all and Scott is actually secretly a psychological genius. Might be reaching there.

Does anyone have anything good to say about this disappointment?
>>
>>86211610
I liked the ship design.
>>
File: 1492387104667.png (10KB, 334x229px) Image search: [Google]
1492387104667.png
10KB, 334x229px
Why was Walter experimenting on human embryos before he even met David?

Why did Walter rig James Franco's pod to burn?
>>
>>86211640
You enjoyed the late 90s cgi looking solar sails?
>>
File: 1501973687241.png (91KB, 600x848px) Image search: [Google]
1501973687241.png
91KB, 600x848px
>>86211610

Is this David's endgame?
>>
I didn't think it sucked as much as Prometheus did, but as an ex-military dude, the "stronk womyn" shit was just insufferable.
>>
>>86211610
What was I supposed to feel when Danny McBride and the two showerbait crew members were arguing over moving the ship closer to the planet? Was that supposed to be suspenseful?
>>
I was the first one to guess the twist
>>
>>86211778
the women were incompetent except for ripley 3.0
>>
>>86211798
It was so offensively obvious it's a stretch it call it a twist.
>>
>>86211610
>Scott dwelve in the origin of the xenomorphs
>completeley forgets the actual question everbody wanted to know, the origin and purpose of the space jockeys
>>
Did David download Walter's info from Bluetooth or something? I mean Mother should have detected a new device.
>>
>>86211610
Go back to Guardians of the Galaxy underage faggot.
>>
why was everyone so stupid and incompetent?

Why would you ignore a basic quarantine risk?

Why would you follow some cloaked stranger just because he fires a flare and scares away the monsters?

Why would you go shoving your face in spore-like alien plants?

Why did they force the twist down your throat with a shot to David grabbing a knife?

Why was the only shot of the Space Jockeys showing them as primitive looking folk who gather in excitement because a flying banana turd?

How does this connect to Alien?

Is there gonna be a 3rd prequel?
>>
>>86211798
>>86211881
The David/Walter thing was supposed to be a twist?
>>
>>86211778
Fuck off with your false flag bullshit, you fat dyke.
>>
>Franchise called aliens
>new film shows the are not aliens
>>
>>86211610

I just accepted going in that it would be shit and went for morbid curiosity. For the record, Alien is my favorite film and I am an Alien 3 detractor. I only see these flicks anymore to stay hip to the culture, and I divorce them from my favorite film psychologically.

The crew were equally as stupid and "vibrant" as that in prometheus, so those two flicks are identical in that sense. This flick is Prometheus' companion in the sense that their (proper, act one and two) crews are equally worthless, ugly and forgettable, in favor of what other stuff is going on /elsewhere/. Specifically the droids (david and his lawful good clone), the engineer people, etc. The prime-age humans are totally uninteresting in these movies, and we only care about the robots, the aliens, the decrepit (if at all). Both crews also do incredibly stupid shit like exposing themselves to alien environments "just 'cos".

that said, I know the art history of Alien, and so I was very gratified that Ridley inserted a very clear reference to Bocklin's "Isle of the Dead" painting" in this film. Even the abomination in the OP is ever-closer to Francis Bacon's original vision from his Triptych, which Giger expressly cited as a direct influence on the chestburster idea.

Apart from these little ego-strokes for me, yeah, the film is forgettable and shit. One thing I remember really liking from Prometheus was the intensity of the "emergency abortion" scene (a nice reply to the male oral rape of the original), but then the energy of the scene just gets snuffed out by her stupidly stumbling into le old mane, oh le whoops, now le real mission. Bad transition IIRC.

I also seem to recall a good 4-5 hackneyed references to earlier films, specifically in terms of line delivery: "blow this fucker off into space!".
>>
File: 1495940559116.jpg (117KB, 777x900px) Image search: [Google]
1495940559116.jpg
117KB, 777x900px
>>86211610

What were you supposed to feel during the BLACKED scene?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiA1zm0V4FY
>>
>>86213316
>Right into his mouth
That was really retarded.
>>
Why are the engineers so useless?
>>
>>86211798
I guessed when i saw his blonde hair had grown out with brown roots for no reason at all. Which was right away - so i doubt it.
>>
I liked it
>>
>>86212357
- No answer
- No answer
- Because they were being massacred by neomorphs and had no way off the planet
- No answer
- Guess to show that david's cunning beat out tech superiority
- Bluray talks about the engineers trying to repent for their great sin of creation, so the destruction of earth was a huge deal and the ship that was to do this returning would be an event of religious significance. Why they are all there, didnt communicate with the ship at all and why the ship wouldnt return to the other planet who knows.
- I chronologically cannot
- Scott says so
>>
>>86214138
Me too, bro
I don't care that much about the characters being dumb
>>
>>86212357
The first thing I thought of when the cloaked stranger thing happened was the scene from that Uwe Boll House of the Dead movie where pretty much the exact same thing happens.
>>
>>86212357
>Why did they force the twist down your throat with a shot to David grabbing a knife?

Ridley obviously wanted to leave you thinking throughout the action sequence wether it would be a twist or a red herring, I don't understand how people don't get this.
You're completely right about the rest though, and I'd add
>Why did they go without helmets the moment they stepped off the ship in a completely unknown environment?
>>
I thought the plot was rather weird. That the Xenomorphs were created by David. I never imagined that that was how they came to be. Other than David though a lot of the characters were very boring! It was like Michael Fassbender was carrying the whole film on his shoulders. The so called Androids had more life than the humans. Though Daisy Ridley gave an awesome performance in this film though.
>>
>>86214363
Fassbender is amazing. David and Walter feel so different
Even you didn't know what David did in prometheus you could tell that he was fucked up
>>
>>86211610
I wanted this movie to focus more on the aliens themselves and the crew trying to survive. Instead we got another story about ethics, morals, God complexes and the meaning of life and evolution.

Fuck this shit I wanted to see scary tension like in the old movies but instead we got some Sci-Fi Action garbage with muh ethics as the main subplot.
>>
>>86212243
Doesn't he use a "David-something" code to get into the embryo cryo room at the very end?

For that at least I just assumed David backdoored all the Weyland systems years ago and since the ship is made by them it's all the same root systems.
>>
>>86211610

Why couldn't Prometheus just be a cool series of movies about the Androids in the universe of Alien but with no connection outside the time periods and Waylan.
>>
>- Bluray talks about the engineers trying to repent for their great sin of creation, so the destruction of earth was a huge deal and the ship that was to do this returning would be an event of religious significance. Why they are all there, didnt communicate with the ship at all and why the ship wouldnt return to the other planet who knows.
This is the kind of shit that needs to be IN THE FILM and not on some fucking blue ray disc I'll never watch, because the film made no sense
>>
So why did David kill the Dr. from Prometheus his travel buddy?
>says he feels love towards her
>knows she saved his life and reassembled him

Did they get to the engineer homeworld and David just decides suddenly that all sentient life is shit, not just humans; so he nukes the engineers and kills her when she resists?

Does he kill her en route to the engi world because despite whatever he feels for her she's still human and has to die?

Does he obliterate the homeworld with the goo and fake the crash all while keeping her in the dark about what actually happened?

Why vivisect her remains? Am I to infer from the "classic" alien eggs in the basement that David repurposed her eggs via his weird goo breeding program?

He says to Ripley 3 in this movie that he's been "waiting for mother" - is the idea to get a queen alien bred? Or was his plan to actually alien rape her and see what would happen if she gave birth to the weird fucks?

Like this whole thing was a mess but it ironically could've used more exposition
>>
>>86214765
i think there's an extra scene where he says that she didn't want to join him or something
>>
>>86214814
Join him in the genocide or the experimenting with Evil goo life or the living on the engineer world forever?
>>
The part where all the characters go to sleep and suddenly wake up in an Alien remake killed it for me.
>>
File: Ash vs Evil Dead s01e03demon.webm (899KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Ash vs Evil Dead s01e03demon.webm
899KB, 1280x720px
>>86211610
Raimi made it better
>>
>>86214840
I think it's the later
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvckAPWH7cY
>>
>>86214417
I agree, the diverse roles were really good it was easy to forget that they were the same person sometimes.
>>
>>86214883
>Franko dodging the bullet
>>
What I hate about this movie is that it's actually 3 movies.

It's Prometheus 2/Aliens Reboot/Alien remake all in one film.

Honestly if it was just about the crew surviving in the wild on some random planet with aleuns running around it would be kino.
>>
Anyone else laughed when Franco died?
>>
>>86214992
Kinda me. I thought that this was stupid, but in the end I started thinking that did it on purpose to escape from those morons
>>
It's one of those movies where it feels like I could have farted out a better script, and I have never written a screenplay in my life.

That part where the main chick pulls aside the captain and says "I don't think going down to the planet is a good idea" felt so utterly forced and out of character, like it was put in there to fulfill a quota.

Her character should have the biggest motivation to explore the mysterious planet, seeing as how her husband had just died and her previous plans had fallen through.
>>
40 years later no one can beat this low budget shit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjLamj-b0I8
>>
>>86211778
The minute you see him reach for the knife you knew exactly what the twist was going to be
>>
>>86211750
Post moar.
>>
>>86215280
>slasher movie in space

wow so hard to beat.
>>
>>86213461
Alien is gay.
>>
>>86214180
> - Bluray talks about the engineers trying to repent for their great sin of creation, so the destruction of earth was a huge deal and the ship that was to do this returning would be an event of religious significance. Why they are all there, didnt communicate with the ship at all and why the ship wouldnt return to the other planet who knows.

I could see this working but there is absolutely no indication that this is what happening and even a fucking genius would not come to this conclusion by just watching the movies. It failed completely to deliver that point so it just looks like the engineers are a bunch of retards.

Also the general idea of prequels like this is stupid in the first place. You know that it's guaranteed everyone will die in the end since nobody really knew about the xenomorphs existing in Alien 1 other than the corporation kind of having an idea of what is going on. As if you need even less incentive to care about the bland characters.
>>
>>86212357
>How does this connect to Alien?
>Is there gonna be a 3rd prequel?

these were supposed to be answered in the 2 planned pre-quels.

but FOX has put the Alien franchise on hold after the Box Office debut of Covenant.

basically you're going to have to wait probably 10 to 15 years for another try at a Alien movie,again.

t-thanks Scott

i really felt they should just stuck with the Prometheus storyline. then moved on to a Alien movie. all this movie did was make Prometheus look great. i did think Prometheus was decent. i wanted to learn more about the Engineers and what Shaw had planned and stuff.
>>
File: fuck_you.webm (257KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
fuck_you.webm
257KB, 640x360px
>>86215329
Name one. Fucking one
>>
File: AlienCovenant_Framestore_ITW_01.jpg (219KB, 1400x788px) Image search: [Google]
AlienCovenant_Framestore_ITW_01.jpg
219KB, 1400x788px
As soon as I saw this I knew this was going to be a bad movie.
>>
>>86215548
Why?
>>
>>86215560
>sails
>>
>>86215574
They're some sci-fi shit to gather energy.
They just look like sails.
>>
>>86215560
The idea that a spacecraft that massive could utilize sails that gigantic and never expect any sort of incident (like the one that occurs 5 seconds later) just got me very annoyed. Especially when it's implied that's the way it collects a lot of its energy. There's no way a ship like this gets designed and built.

The film then went on and just became even more retarded once the humans woke up.
>>
>>86215602
solar energy and yes normal sails also work kind like that. You cannot power interstellar ship with a solar power
>>
>>86215481
How much time passes between Covenant and Alien? They need to place the new David xenomorps on LV-426, including a queen that has to shit the eggs they find in the crashed spaceship in Alien.
>>
>>86215659
It wasn't solar energy, they said something about netrons.
The accident occurs because a neutron collision or something like that.

Even then, saying that "solar energy" (or any kind of energy source, since it isn't actually solar) isn't enough to power the ship isn't really an argument that can stand by itself since we know jack about the efficiency of the systems aboard. Simply put, this is a soft sci-fi movie, don't expect in-depth scientific dissertations.
>>
>>86215481
Yeah the problem they have now is both Prometheus and Covenant are pretty trash *but* if they can stick it out and give Scott one more, the interesting parts of the narrative arc can be salvaged and the whole thing (sort of) redeemed.

They shouldn't have given him another shot after Prometheus. But now that Covenant happened it'll be even worse to not at least attempt to wrap this whole David arc up.

"Classic" zenos are his creation, fine, whatever. Just get a jockey ship filled with eggs crashed on LV for ripley to find and fuck off. Maybe someone else will actually bother with the engineers properly next time.
>>
>>86215723
>isn't enough to power the ship isn't really an argument that can stand by itself since we know jack about the efficiency of the systems aboard.
unless its a magic you just cannot do this. Also during during such journeys you cannot stop. Alien from 1979 was smart enough not to touch upon this topic. But nooo lets show some fucking sails. We will be the cool ones
>>
>>86212357
>Why would you follow some cloaked stranger just because he fires a flare and scares away the monsters?
This one is valid, they were getting killed by a rabid minime rat that came out of their friend's mouth.
Anyone would go with the cloaked man.

>Why was the only shot of the Space Jockeys showing them as primitive looking folk who gather in excitement because a flying banana turd?
Maybe they were not the Jockeys, maybe they were like us, another failed experiment made by the engineers and they thought their makers were coming back for them.
>>
File: 1349201472574.gif (3MB, 220x242px) Image search: [Google]
1349201472574.gif
3MB, 220x242px
>>86213316

>she's into black guys
>a really, really black guy appears

Be careful what you wish for, coalburner.
>>
>>86215780
It was mentioned in an interview that there will be space jockeys appearing again soon. So it is possible that these aren't not the engineers. Maybe a colony of them that aren't part of the military/scientists.
>>
i literally deleted the file after 25 minutes.
>>
The only interesting part of the movie was Davids whole speel about creation and his geneitic engineering. Whilst I don't think it should have been the origin of the Xenomorph, it was kinda interesting. Specially with what he did to Shaw and what he is going to do to the colonists, they are literally swinging from meat hooks.
>>
>>86215783
what did prometheus mean by this?
>>
>>86215830

I literally gave up on pleasuring your mom after five minutes, and switched to your dad.
>>
>>86215494
not sci-fi obviously but the original slasher, psycho is still the best.
>>
>>86211610
begs the question about what purpose the 2D characters would serve in the long run

I think you are reaching and it was just bad writing
>>
>>86215494
Jason X.
>>
>>86215783
top kek, i love /tv/ now.
>>
File: really_faggot.webm (751KB, 608x1080px) Image search: [Google]
really_faggot.webm
751KB, 608x1080px
>>86216080
>>
>>86216178
cute loli
>>
"You hold it while I do the fingering"

Did anyone else burst out laughing at the cinema when David said this?
>>
>>86211610
>Does anyone have anything good to say about this disappointment?
The Neomorphs were creepy as fuck and somehow made up for the awful xenomorpths.
>>
File: 1502414227487.png (992KB, 882x988px) Image search: [Google]
1502414227487.png
992KB, 882x988px
>>
File: promecove2.png (966KB, 882x988px) Image search: [Google]
promecove2.png
966KB, 882x988px
>>86216810
I'm not a skillful man.
>>
>>86216810
What does it mean if I didn't like Prometheus but did like Covenant?
>>
>>86216924
absolute pleb
>>
File: enviable unions.jpg (107KB, 500x625px) Image search: [Google]
enviable unions.jpg
107KB, 500x625px
>>86211750
>David's endgame
Literally Resurrection.
>>
>>86216888
>taking off helmets after a while
>not wearing helmets at all
>>
File: lonely3_zach_02_sm.jpg (41KB, 640x404px) Image search: [Google]
lonely3_zach_02_sm.jpg
41KB, 640x404px
>>86216924
You lick windows
>>
>>86216924
Brain problems.
>>
File: 2224741-alien19793.jpg (14KB, 630x326px) Image search: [Google]
2224741-alien19793.jpg
14KB, 630x326px
Someone explain this to me.
So what we see in Covenant and Alien 1 is separated only 20 years.

In this time what will have to happen.

Colony ship flies to a new star system in deep space.
Next movie takes place.
David gets his hands on ANOTHER alien ship.
Fills it up with alien pods.
Flies to yet another star system.
Crashesh on LV-426.
Spends decades? there.

Is it me or something dosnt add up here.
>>
File: female.jpg (195KB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
female.jpg
195KB, 1920x800px
>>
File: happy.jpg (221KB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
happy.jpg
221KB, 1920x800px
cancer patients
>>
>>86217005
how dis make u feel white boi
>>
>>86218527
Thats a really fucking tiny capital of a race.
How would they even mien for the metal required for the ship and station when they barely have enough people to produce food.
>>
>>86218572
it's not the engineer homeplanet
>>
>>86218601
>"Lets go to engineer home planet"
>actually its not the home planet, lmao
What?
Says who its not, you?
>>
>>86216924
The same so far.
>>
>>86218527
Average white people desu
>>
I watched the movie and I thought it was one of the best Alien movies, can anyone explain to me why is a bad movie? The end is great.
>>
The flute scene was epic kino 10/10
>>
>>86220273
The kiss scene was as good as the whole scene involving Cia and Bane
>>
He's gonna die before FOX gives him some pennies to make the next movie, right.
>>
File: carmen ejogo.jpg (179KB, 772x1024px) Image search: [Google]
carmen ejogo.jpg
179KB, 772x1024px
I liked her and that ridleynigger let her die during the dumbest death scene in flick history
>>
>>86211610
I thought was okay, Michael Fassbender was great in it. Yes it had too much reliance on "OOPS I FELL OVER LMAO" and "I CAN'T HEAR YOU YOU'RE BREAKING UP XDDD" but it did manage some real suspense in spite of that.
>>
>>86221150
Why did Ridley cast all ugly people except Fassbender for this one
>>
>>86221150
Best character in the movie
>>
>>86221150
>meow meow scratch scratch
>BLARGH
>>
The fuck was the point of having james Franco for a literal 5 second cameo?

Also, why are space astronauts going out into foreign planets without wearing suits to protect them from the environment? They tell us how the planet is a "perfect find" but for fucks sake even Indians would know that their could still be horrible diseases on the planet that human bodies couldn't deal with (and there was)
>>
>>86216924
THIS
>>
File: 1502410017599.webm (3MB, 800x344px) Image search: [Google]
1502410017599.webm
3MB, 800x344px
>>86211750
his Queen
>>
>>86222368
This, but in every sci-fi movie like that idiots take rhe suits off anyway and get infected.
>>
>>86218541

>Kill the "NUBIAN QUEEN"
>Try help the whites
>Kill the latino

Best Alien is white.
>>
>>86218601
Scott literally confirmed it was.
>>
Ridley seems to have read Prometheus' reviews and got the wrong idea. Like with Prometheus he set out to make an origin story, not another film in the Alien franchise. BUT he couldn't help throwing a few hat tips (to himself) in there, and when die hard Alien fans complained that it shit on every reference to the space jockey and used xenos in a retarded way, he thought, "So, they want more xeno and less engineer." and skipped over what was obviously going to be a lead-on storyline to basically create Alien 5, but with enough ties to Prometheus not to break the timeline (ironically obliterating the original one).

What he should have done was treat Prometheus more like its own film and not xeno it up so much out of fear that people wouldn't watch it for what it was, THEN have courage in his convictions and made Prometheus 2 instead of Alien: Covenant and raped it with CGI because he was more concerned about appealing to a wide, action loving audience rather than putting out a quality film that may have made less money but added to the franchise and gave the die hards what they needed. Ridley is an insecure old man who keeps shooting himself in the foot by trying to do what he THINKS people want. I've no doubt the studio didn't help matter, ether.
>>
>>86223831
Scott literally confirmed it wasn't
>>
File: IMG_4345.jpg (55KB, 707x702px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4345.jpg
55KB, 707x702px
>deep sci-fi exploration of what it means to be human and sentient in a post human cosmos, and the search of meaning
>le scares! new aliums hurrai, i can wait to buy the figurines for muh collection, she's just like ripley!!!! BRAVO RIDDLEY!
>people like the second one best

Just nuke the planet already
>>
>>86215329

You'd think so, but apparently people keep fucking it up.
>>
>>86224582

I think that you are putting more thought into this than ridley scott.

what most likely happened is:

scott lucks into a directorial role of a fluke film that combines old school writing talent / 70s drug art futurism

scott makes other movies for years, some good, some bad. his head goes up his ass

he returns to "his" alien. only, it's success had little to do with him. so he tries to be a creative genius, and turns out to be a mediocre but well-connected rubber stamp

hence, prometheus / covenant are shit and bland
>>
>>86211685
None of that happened. Walter wasn't experimenting with embryos he was discarding the unhealthy ones.
>Why did Walter rig James Franco's pod to burn?
How did you get this from the movie at all?
>>
>>86225042
I might agree if Ridley had shown himself to be a hack consistently since then. He has several other masterpieces under his belt. To me I think he definitely had it but lost it in his old age/doesn't understand newer audiences (or maybe understands them too well).
>>
>>86211640
yeah the cock and ball ship, blatant imagery
>>
>>86223831
>>86224617
Scott can't be trusted.
>>
File: alien covenant feathers.png (684KB, 939x465px) Image search: [Google]
alien covenant feathers.png
684KB, 939x465px
Were did David get the feathers to make quills with?
>>
>>86212357
>Why would you follow some cloaked stranger just because he fires a flare and scares away the monsters?
This was actually reasonable though. Would you rather follow the guy or get raped by monsters?
>>
>>86211685
Quantum android.
>>
>>86211881
>>86212373

I also wouldn't call it a twist since it didnt seem like the movie tried to hide it.

More of a late in the movie plot point.

This movie was shit btw. Worse than Prometheus which wasn't great to begin with.
>>
>>86225177
There was wildlife on the planet before he killed everything with "muh experiments"
>>
>>86225300

No because the virus he dropped when he arrived kill everything on the planet, he even says so
>>
File: 1501682467047.jpg (23KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1501682467047.jpg
23KB, 640x480px
>>86212357

>why was everyone so stupid and incompetent?

>Go ahead and have a look. It's perfectly safe.

>HURR OKAY LET ME STICK MY FACE IN THIS GIANT MUTATED PULSATING EGG...WHAT COULD GO WRONG
>>
>>86225313
If he killed everything on the planet then how did he find subjects to experiment on? We see that he has sketches drawn of insects.
He may have killed every engineer but not every living thing.
>>
>I saw the devil when I was a child
What did he mean by this?
>>
Walter was the only good thing about this shit movie.
>>
>>86225419
He was religious so probably diddled by a priest
>>
>>86225132

maybe you are right, but I don't necessarily thinks is an audience disconnect.

he does some things well, but that doesn't mean he will do all things well.

good science fiction is hard to do well, and in both blade runner and alien he worked on a foundation laid by others, both foundations being very strong.

but with these movies... eeeeeh

maaaaybe studio interference, but the two new alien films are too stupid to be by design. it feels like something is disconnected, because visually they are fine

so, I think source material must be rotten
>>
>>86216924
Same here.

At least Covenant was entertaining.
>>
>>86225339
Naked Gun is better than any Alien movie.
>>
>>86225369

But he says it killed all life on the planet

ALL LIFE
>>
>>86225427
The CGI aliens. CGI lets them show just how insanely deadly a Xenomorph is supposed to be.
>>
>>86225517
He also says "Shaw died in the crash", David is not a reliable source for information.
>>
>Guy gets random space virus
>Better bring him back to the ship so he can infect everything

These people are scientists
>>
>>86225528
>CGI lets them show just how insanely deadly a Xenomorph is supposed to be.
Aw gee because no movie before managed to do this with practical effects, I loved seeing that stupid cg housecat xeno claw and scratch that bitch to death so insanely deadly!
>>
>>86225599
Compare the xenos from Alien/Aliens to the ones in Covenant and tell me which ones look more dangerous?
Alien/Aliens are much better films but the draw back to practical xenos is that they can only move like a person can.
>>
>>86214884
that is such a strange effect
>>
>>86214929
that is annoying sequence to watch
did they really think that looked good? Constant flickering, the same shots every few seconds, same sound effects
>>
>>86225419
You know religious people, they're all idiots.
>>
>>86225665
>Compare the xenos from Alien/Aliens to the ones in Covenant and tell me which ones look more dangerous?
the one that's REAL and can be interacted with in real life, not a fucking image on screen, you dipshit
>>
>>86225954
None of them are real you cock gargling troglodyte.
>>
>>86214929
This information really should've been in the movie
>>
>>86225419

He saw the alien when he was a child, the real alien, the one not created by David
>>
>>86214929

Why wasnt this in the movie?
>>
>>86215730
I thought it was a prehistoric crash site?
>>
File: IMG_1004.jpg (19KB, 218x218px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1004.jpg
19KB, 218x218px
>>86215653
>once the humans woke up
AYY?
>>
>>86211783

Kenny Powers in Space would have been a better direction for the script to take.
>>
>>86218478
>>86218527

How did they go from the huge white fuckers from Prometheus to this? Is there a caste system where the militaristic engineers are different looking? Even the fuckers during the intro of Prometheus look different and they were priests.
>>
>pro-David
why am i not surprised?
>>
>>86214929
>David is going to make an alien queen from Daniels' body

Ahaha Ridley finally admitting Jim had the better ideas
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK8kK4hY6PA
this movie was retarded and if you like it more than prometheus it's time to kys
>>
>>86226433
What if I hated both because they're both complete dogshit?
>>
So what the fuck is the next film even going to be about?
>>
>>86226635
Apparently between Prometheus and Covenant. I imagine more of the same.
>>
>>86226450
you're a pleb too.
prometheus was a good film
>>
>>86225591

>DUDE let go to a random planet bustling with flora and water with absolutely no protection against pathogens!!! lmao!

None of this shit would have happened if they wore hazmat suits or something like reasonable people. There's no justifying this. At least they had guns!!
>>
>>86215942
No it isn't you pretentious dipshit. Aside from one or two iconic scenes the thing just sags all over the place.
>>
>>86211610

>Does anyone have anything good to say about this disappointment?

Very little.

>Main actress was a qt
>Fassbender was great for what he had to work with
>Gore was pretty good
>Absolutely loved the title shot and music
>>
>>86218418
you forgot that at some point, there is one Engineer getting aboard the later crashing ship, because we see one of them sitting in the pilots chair. He also must have at some point got preggo with a xeno.
>>
>>86217005
I like how no one mentions that the entire point of the fourth movie is to do the unthinkable and blend human dna with alien dna. Like, apparently all the breeding shit David was into didn't matter or some nonsense.

Scott is just crazy and old and people give him money because they don't want him to feel bad.
>>
>>86222734
wait, whats that from?
>>
>>86226851
>DUUUDE, lets fucking WALK on a unknown planet to check a signal instead of doing a quick flyover to assess the situation
>>
>>86227049
short from the bluray of David explaining to Weyland-Yutani what happened to Shaw and that he's only got one thing left to perfect which is his Queen (Daniels)
>>
>>86211610
These movies are really more about what if, taking ideas but ignoring the actual movie. You just have to learn to accept movies are usually trash and stop looking for that life changing kino. You should be reading books instead.
>>
>>86227385
>>These movies are really more about what if

That would be fine but that's not what Covenant does at all. Covenant pretty explicitly states "This is what happened. This is why I did it. Fuck humans. Just fuck all humans".

It didn't raise any ideas at all. There was no hope or other questions to be asked. We all know what comes next now.

I'd say Prometheus did raise a lot of those what if questions, but Covenant had no desire to deal with any of those and we go down another tired retread of robots that hate humans.
>>
Is it just me or is the Neomorph way better than the Xeno in this movie? I mean the Xeno's require an egg and some dumbass to get facehugged, with the neomorph you can get fucked up just by spores in the air.
>>
>>86226016
Engineers?
>>
>>86226320
so far it looks like engineers created us and gave life to this entire earth, and they do it often. that is one of their offpsring plantes who are only related to them, a middle thing between. smaller than them but still taller than us, not as pale white etc
>>
>>86214992
No because I didn't even know that was him.

It boggles my mind how they ommitted an entire scene, a scene that would've served as the only character building scene for the entire crew, and put it on youtube as like essential prior viewing for the fucking movie
>>
>>86225665
>compare the xeno that got wrecked by a nobody inside a few minutes to the smooth, silent, practically unstoppable killing machine in Alien
I know whose arse I'd rather tickle.
>>
>>86211685
what movie have you seen anon
>>
>>86227778
Yes, seems like neomorphs are the more potent weapon

Not to mention the xeno jumps right into the claw at the end to be crushed like an idiot
>>
>>86211798
not a twist, man, seriously not a twist
>>
>>86212357
why you peole are not able to enjoy the nice things for fuck sake
Thread posts: 177
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.