[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vue might as well be dead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: 214156415.jpg (14KB, 290x218px) Image search: [Google]
214156415.jpg
14KB, 290x218px
>Without warning raises prices $10
>Now for many people it's only barely cheaper than just having cable
>but this drains your bandwidth and the cable doesn't

How did they go from savior of cable cutters to the more retarded than cable companies in 1 day? How does sony continue to snatch failure from the jaws of victory?
>>
Sony is great at getting ideas out there and then fucking them up completely. How they haven't ruined the PS is beyond me.
>>
>>86207856
That new Hulu thing is actually a way better deal than their basic package and is cheaper.

Getting it when I move next month.
>>
>>86207902
different people running the show I think.
>>
>>86207926
Without sounding like a shill can somebody post this? I just cancelled vue tonight because of the price hike and wonder if hulu is comparable.
>>
I prefer Sling anyway, but I think the more internet TV services are out there the better it is for consumers that want to just avoid paying cable companies.

Just switch to a cheaper service, that's capitalism.

Sony will learn their lesson.
>>
>>86207856
Their highest package is bloated with really stupid shit like Machinima. It costs around $75 which for me is actually $15 more expensive a month than just getting all those channels through the cable company. I'm really wondering what the fuck sony was thinking.
>>
>>86207856
>paying to stream

You have only yourselves to blame.
>>
>>86208096
Streaming >>> Cable
>>
>>86207856
>Vue

I'm sorry but literally, what?

Is this another "Netflix but with less shit to watch" thing?

I have honestly never heard of this service before at all.
>>
>>86208025
Capitalism is actually starting to work against the streaming services though. They're finding that they can price hike for bloat channel packages just like cable did. Cable however doesn't have to deal with the internet and their prices haven't moved much when compared with streaming services which have risen at an alarming rate.
>>
>>86208202
If you don't stream a lot and watch zero television.
As in, only the episodes of the shows you like.
These internet providers and their data caps are literally killing streaming.
And I hate cable.
>>
File: 1491857263417.gif (4MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1491857263417.gif
4MB, 200x200px
>>86207856
>sony
>>
>>86208252
Yeah but getting forced into a service 2 year contract / dealing with terrible customer service / hidden fees and taxes is something people (especially millennials) want to avoid

They don't want to wait for a shitty installation or pay equipment rental fees.

The ability to sign up and cancel on a whim is a big deal.

The cheapest basic cable around where I live is still about $79.99 + equipment rental fees and all that jazz.
>>
>>86208296
Yes you're right about data caps.

That shit is awful.
>>
>>86208296
>>86208490
>>>/Straya/
>>
>>86208468
All that and the stupid decisions being made by streaming services are almost making cable look like a good choice again. You wonder why internet regulation is constantly showing up? Guess who's funding it? Cable knows if they can regulate the internet streaming dies in its infancy. And from the look of things they're going to win.
>>
File: ANT-TV-AMPANTENNA-HD.jpg (37KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ANT-TV-AMPANTENNA-HD.jpg
37KB, 1000x1000px
>not buying one of this
>>
just get Sling
>>
>>86208296
>>86208490
>data caps
Who the fuck pays for internet with data caps?
>>
>>86208578
God i hate Cable companies.
>>
>>86208649
Just this month my internet provider upgraded my speed and slapped on a data cap.
Fuckers.
>>
>>86208701
its like they want you to leave forever
>>
>>86208649
Every provider puts caps on.
>>
>>86208578
That actually makes lots of sense.
>>
I cut the cord last year and got PSVue, I recently cut that cord and canceled my subscription. The only reason I had cable or PSVue was for the sports packages, and now that I can stream them reliably and with good definition I don't see the point any more.
>>
>>86209564
Those assholes bundled red zone with tons of other shit I didn't want and wanted $10 a month extra for it when last year it was $34 for the entire football season. Fuck sony.
>>
>>86207902
I'm gonna get my vote in here. I've barely touched my PS4 since buying it. Sony has destroyed the PS brand. I no longer hop on now and again to play Fifa with mates because of the online fee, the interface is sluggish and now particularly well layed out, the controller is worse than previous generations and they simply aren't putting out the games like they used to.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.