[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NBC Trying To Reboot THE MUNSTERS…Again

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

File: munsters.jpg (57KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
munsters.jpg
57KB, 630x420px
>NBC and Bryan Fuller attempted to re-animate popular sitcom “The Munsters” back in 2012 with “Mockingbird Lane,” a planned TV series that amounted to nothing more than a one-hour Halloween special. But they’re trying again, Deadline reports tonight.

>The network is rebooting “The Munsters” once more as a half-hour, single-camera sitcom that “follows members of an offbeat family who are determined to stay true to themselves but struggle to fit in in hipster Brooklyn.”

>Yes, Herman and the gang will deal with hipsters in Brooklyn.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/3452726/nbc-bringing-munsters-brooklyn-sitcom-reboot/
>>
File: IMG_0168.jpg (51KB, 232x196px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0168.jpg
51KB, 232x196px
>>86200887
>yfw the blonde white girl will be blacked by some dun nuffin mummy from bushwick
>>
File: gNnLDqjgdXI.market_maxres.jpg (229KB, 1264x711px) Image search: [Google]
gNnLDqjgdXI.market_maxres.jpg
229KB, 1264x711px
the 2012 reboot was really mediocre
>>
File: .,...,.jpg (13KB, 236x304px) Image search: [Google]
.,...,.jpg
13KB, 236x304px
>watching broadcast TV
>>
>>86201698
that looks awful
>>
>>86200887
They should get John "I was innnn Vietnam" Kerry and Ted "Zodiac Killer" Cruz to play the Munstets. They look like them lol.
>>
>>86201874
it was pretty bad
>>
>>86201698
I thought it had a neat look to it. Trying to make some sort of family drama out of it instead of just doing a straightforward comedy was a mistake though.
>>
>>86201698
I thought it had potential, but I was disturbed by the Munsters actually killing people, I felt like that crossed a line, and made it hard to relate to them
>>
File: THAT-KUTE-THING.png (275KB, 500x446px) Image search: [Google]
THAT-KUTE-THING.png
275KB, 500x446px
>>86200887

They really have no understanding of even superficial things.

The Munsters worked because of the parody of classic universal horror monsters. Nobody knows these anymore, they're just diluted to some general vague trope everyone has an idea about, but there's nothing to parody.

The joke is supposed to work because they're serious characters and actual horror movies. Frankenstein and Dracula are jokes you see more often referenced in a cartoon now.

You COULD do this concept but take modern horror villains that haven't been diluted comedically. Take Freddy, Jason, an inbred mutant.. things from the 80s and 90s horror franchises. You could mine that for the same kind of humor. But of course that couldn't happen because of rights issues, everyone's too fucking greedy.
>>
>>86200887
I like the munsters. I liked mockingbird Lane cause of the sliders guy. Let's give it another go boy just play it straightened what it was.
>>
When are we going to get a Munsters vs Adams Family battle royale series?
>>
File: CYnWXscWcAAQhYp.jpg (42KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
CYnWXscWcAAQhYp.jpg
42KB, 600x400px
Id rather see an Addams Family relaunch as a movie or show
>>
>>86203915
The cast of the 90's movies were perfect, I don't want to see them fuck it up by casting blacks and gays for every role.
>>
>>86201698
I didn't even realize they had rebooted it.
>>
>>86204077
well they only aired the pilot as a "Halloween Special" that no one watched. It was never a full show
>>
>>86201698
>We want the AHS audience
>>
>>86203915
This
Adam's Family is much better than The Munsters.
>>
File: James Rolfe.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
James Rolfe.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>86201698
>Jerry O'Connell as Herman Munster
>Eddie Izzard as Grandpa
This is what it looks like when a spurg gets famous enough to do "fan casting" for a series.
>>
>>86203915
Pls no.
>>
>>86205599
What have you got against Eddie Izzard?
>>
>>86204808
adams family always was and always will be inferior to the munsters
>>
>>86205692
Eddie's an amazing performer on stage. Every acting venture has been atrocious.
>>
File: Munstaddams.jpg (118KB, 1074x483px) Image search: [Google]
Munstaddams.jpg
118KB, 1074x483px
>>86205722
I smell a crossover / shared universe
>>
>>86205745
i liked him in hannibal
>>
>>86200887
It's almost like like you can't just dig up old shit from the 50's that nobody cares about and no longer has the right context for existing, heat it up in the microwave and expect people to care
Is there a documentary or some article I can read that does a thorough breakdown of how someone gets to be the head of a television network, because I find it hard to believe that even blind nepotism could produce people of such consistent mediocrity
>>
>>86201698
2012 seems like forever ago when you could still actually have an all white cast
>>
>>86206742
the way you get ahead in Hollywood is by being a better ass-kissing suck-up than anyone else.
>>
>>86202931
Why are they making Hotel Transylvania 3 if the Munsters wouldn't be appealing anymore?
>>
>>86207578
Because it's a bright and colorful kids movie, it sells itself as well as halloween costumes and candy do
A succesful tv show requires the active participation of an audience of adults who hypothetically need more than bright colors and funny faces to be entertained, especially now that most kids would rather watch reaction videos and Minecraft LPs than a tv show
>>
>Another fucking NBC show about New York
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.