[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the best music documentary ever made?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: anvil.jpg (60KB, 400x615px) Image search: [Google]
anvil.jpg
60KB, 400x615px
Is this the best music documentary ever made?
>>
>>86200491
Tenacious D the pick of destiny.
>>
>>86200491

Montage of a Heck
>>
Some Kind of Monster is
>>
>>86201685
>>86200491

both OP and anon are right
>>
>>86200491
Yes, its pretty much unknown. I don't even like metal but the documentary is fantastic
>>
There's also this documentary about Pentagram that's fucking amazing. I forget the name
>>
>>86202390
Last Days Here, pretty solid if you like metal/rock
>>
"The Rutles" tops it for me along with spinal tap, but I never see anyone mention it
>>
This isn't This Is Spinal Tap.
>>
>>86202845
This is Spinal Tap isn't actually a documentary, though.
>>
>>86200491
saw them open for acdc in 2008, they sucked balls
>>
>>86200491

Good god no

Monterey Pop, Dont Look Back, Gimme Shelter, Woodstock and Jazz on a Summer's Day are all better
>>
>>86204751

oldfag detected
>>
>>86204751

Theyre not
>>
>>86204647
They were always shit.

Canada had way better bands, Razor, Annihilator, and fucking VOIVOD. Anvil just wasnt good enough to be more than what they are.
>>
>>86201685
That was a great docu.

>>86200491
No, it's a decent movie but it's too partial.
>>
>>86205499
I saw them recently, mainly for Night Demon.

They have a few good songs and one great one, but yeah, they're relatively mediocre. Great guitar/drums, but the vocals don't really work. Still, I was happy to see them being able to make a successful living now doing what they love. Plus the guy played guitar with a vibrator, so that was pretty cool.
>>
>>86200491
Can we get a /heavymetalkino/ thread going?

What does /tv/ think of Todd and the Book of Pure Evil?
>>
>>86206280

i second this.

I'm desperately waiting for the Lords of Chaos movie
>>
>>86206280

I saw Deathgasm last week. Some kino shit in there, some crap shit...I would recommend watching it for a laugh.

What do you recommend?
>>
>>86207436
Todd and the Book of Pure Evil for one. Its similar to Dethgasm, but a series and better in pretty much every way (I like Dethgasm too.)

Basically Buffy combined with Tenacious D and Metalocalypse. It won two awards in Canada.

>Tenacious D
>Heavy Metal (obviously)
>Terrorvision

nothing else comes to mind at the moment though.
>>
>anything other than The Last Waltz
>>
I saw them play in some little shithole Ontario town. They put on a pretty good show, but it's kinda sad that this dude didn't know when to give up the dream. When they're talking about their new album and he genuinely thinks their dated music is gonna finally make them big...
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.