[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't mean to sound contrarian but does anybody else thing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: GOT3090381.jpg (37KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
GOT3090381.jpg
37KB, 900x900px
I don't mean to sound contrarian but does anybody else thing this show has just gotten so overblown and has lost all fucking momentum and nuance that it had in the earlier seasons.
>>
>>86191659
How is that contrarian? It's general consensus that the show went to shit after season 2.
>>
>>86191791
>It's general consensus that the show went to shit after season 2.
Most people think Season 4 was the best season...
>>
>>86191838
Nah, GoT just like Homeland blew its load on S01.
>>
>>86191838
>Most people think Season 4 was the best season
Yeah, and we call them normie scum faggot fuck face plebs.
>>
File: GoTaverageratings.png (156KB, 2526x1146px) Image search: [Google]
GoTaverageratings.png
156KB, 2526x1146px
>>86191984
http://www.ranker.com/list/best-seasons-of-game-of-thrones/ranker-tv

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2016/07/08/game-of-thrones-ranking-the-seasons?page=1

http://www.imdb.com/poll/CdySrz-kgZQ/results?ref_=po_sr

http://collider.com/game-of-thrones-seasons-ranked-from-worst-to-best/#season-6

Get rekt faggot
>>
>>86191659
tell me something new
>>
In the early seasons it felt like they were dragging it out, now they are jumping from battle to battle to battle like they have ADD. It's never been a great show but there's something about this season that feels false more than previous ones. And I have no idea what Tyrion's motivation is at this point. Or Varys.
>>
>>86191659
Yes.
>>
>>86191659
Compare what you see now with earlier seasons when they actually had source material. There is no comparison. It's visually great though and worth watching. It's just predictably bad at this point. Ever since season 3 it's continuously gotten worse.
>>
the more interesting characters they killed off, the worse it got. It's not rocket science.
>>
>>86191659
oh yeah, that nuance when they cut off Eddard Stark's head. DAY NUANCE when Tyrion put a crossbow bolt through Tywin while the old guy was taking a shit.

such nuance.
>>
All the magic time machines getting people round westeros makes me pretty interested to see how grmm's going to do it
>>
>>86191659

>lost all momentum
Hell no; if anything it has too MUCH momentum. Everything blows by so fast in the latter seasons it doesn't even really have time to sink in. Sure the show was slower in S1, but it felt more real. You could argue the show picking up the pace is superior to the books meandering in fuckland, but it's still not "good" because none of the arcs or ideas are allowed to come to fruition naturally.

>lost all nuance
This is accurate though
>>
>>86191659
Even normies mostly agree with this.
>>
>>86191659
For you
>>
>>86194748
I also think that the editing fucks the pacing a lot. We approach these climatic scenes and then we cut to the fatfuck in the library or fucking Braun

everytime braun is on screen i tune out. Such a shitty character and poor shoehorn of mystical elements.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.