[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tom Cruise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

File: oblivion_review_tom_cruise.jpg (40KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
oblivion_review_tom_cruise.jpg
40KB, 630x420px
When will the Cruise renaissance resume? He's been in sucky films lately.
>>
Oblivion and Edge of Tomorrow: Live, Die, Repeat were good tho?
>>
>>86187753
Those were years ago.
>>
the only thing i didn't like was Jack Reacher and that's because he's nothing like how the actual character from the books is like.
Besides that he seems to be doing fine
>>
>>86187753
Reacher 2 and MI5 were shit though
>>
>>86187833
You're the only one who liked The Mummy reboot
>>
>>86187675
When he starts playing character his age.
He's almost 60 now so he has to stop playing characters in their 30s
>>
>>86188000
Xenu pls
>>
>>86188000
Trips makes a good point. You see the wrinkles on his face a lot now.Would like to see him do more acting, less effects driven films.
>>
>>86188000
I'd like to see him play a villainous role, like in Tropic Thunder. Bring his maniac energy to being a Bond villain or something.
>>
He'll be back on track with MI6
>>
>>86187675
>lately

shut up tom. your shit since Cocktail mate.
>>
there hasn't been a bad cruise film since the mummy. the sequel to jack reacher though was not to par. but dude's been batting solid since legend. i do admit i haven't watched rock of ages since i think musicals are for faggots.
>>
File: 1501860129533.jpg (36KB, 300x230px) Image search: [Google]
1501860129533.jpg
36KB, 300x230px
>>86187753

>Oblivion

>Good
>>
>>86188267

The Cruiser would make an awesome legit villain.
>>
Weren't they making At the Mountains of Madness with him as the lead or did that get scrapped?
>>
>>86188295

No he wont.

All of these MI movies are super generic and so forgettable they make the latest Marvel movies seem like Pacino in Scarface in comparison.
>>
>>86188626
yeah. that garbage film prometheus killed the production of it. del toro is going to try again when pac rim 2 is done with.
>>
>>86188681
The first one is GOAT and literally from the director of Scarface.
>>
American Made could be decent, and it's not just another action-fest from what we've seen.
>>
>>86188506
fuck you Sally
>>
File: rf.jpg (50KB, 610x700px) Image search: [Google]
rf.jpg
50KB, 610x700px
>>86188681
all the MI films were bad ass except for the john woo one. plus if it wasn't for the last MI, i wouldn't have know about this lovely swede.
>>
The last Jack Reacher was a pretty comfy rental though.
>>
What are his essential movies to watch?
Born on the 4th of July
The Last Samurai
Collateral?
>>
File: 1359913812524.jpg (22KB, 364x366px) Image search: [Google]
1359913812524.jpg
22KB, 364x366px
>>86188882
Good taste
>>
>>86188506
>bad - ok - good

yeah, it was "good". you probably aren't a fan of the director's previous works.
>>
>>86188893
Top Gun
>>
I'm responsible for people to experience Ghost Protocol on Netflix the way it was intended to be seen.
>>
>>86188893

M:I
Top Gun
Rain Man
Few Good Men
Vanilla Sky
Minority Report
>>
>>86188893
Top Gun
The Last Samurai
Collateral
Tropic Thunder
Edge of Tomorrow

His action movies like Jack Reacher and the modern MI's are all fun to watch too.
>>
Hope so, I'm always up for a Tom Cruise action movie even tho I very rarely watch new movies anymore.
>>
>>86188882

There is not one plot point or character in any of these films worth talking about.

They're not even worth meming they are so forgettable. They're not bad, they're just kind of there.
>>
>>86188995
Vanilla Sky fucked me up when I was a young teen.
>>
>>86187675
He needs to make a few films that are more acting based. that or play a bad guy.
>>
File: c.jpg (37KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
c.jpg
37KB, 853x480px
>>86188893
>Collateral

fuck. i'm gonna watch that tonight. i forgot how amazing that film was. that was the last michael mann film that i liked. cruise was a bad guy in that one too.
>>
>>86188995
this
>>
Are there any bad Cruise movies?

I really can't think of one.
>>
>>86188936

> you probably aren't a fan of the director's previous works.

His music video's? Because the only movie he directed before that was Tron Legecy and I'm one of the exactly 27 people that actually liked that movie despite its flaws.

The dude clearly knows his way around a camera but cant into characters and story to save his life.
>>
>>86189196

I heard Rock of Ages was shitty?
>>
>>86189106

I agree with everyhing in this post.

Especially about being the last good Mann film. Fucking FUCK why did he have to fall off so hard. Life is cruel.
>>
>>86189349
i liked legacy too. i was sad that disney decided to can the sequel. kosinski made the film work, event though the tron script was butchered by too many people. same with oblivion. great camera work. as for the script... it didn't have as many jews jerking off on it like tron did, but it definitely played out like toy story 3 because of the writer. at least it wasn't atrocious like the writing in prometheus. that set the bar for shit.
>>
>>86189196
Knight and Day
Far and Away
Lions for Lambs

Are the only films he was in that didn't work
>>
i think all the mission movies are supposed to play like music videos. just enough story and character development to keep the movie fluid. the last three films seems to run like a roller coaster. michael bay films for the grown ups. i think cruise watches a movie a day, so he's figured out the formula. but that's why i'm shocked about how bad the mummy was. it should've never been released like that.
>>
>>86189578

>Knight and Day

>Not one of the best date night at the pad movies ever.

It's an almost perfect action comedy for getting a chick ready to fuck.
>>
>>86188506
The first half of Oblivion was good.
>>
>>86189560

Tron Legacy is 10/10 production and soundtrack cursed with the dteaded third act letdown.

I honestly don't know if there has ever been a better LOOKING movie than T.L. but the reality is just looking and sounding good isn't enough.

You need a memorable story and characters to go with it.
>>
>>86187849
Reacher 2 wasnt as good as the first (too much action), but was average for a modern action film and MI5 was better than Spectre
>>
>>86189761
2nd half had Olga. So it fine in my book
>>
>>86189946
>MI5 was better than Spectre
To be fair, I had shits that where more entertaining then spectre
>>
>>86189724
Himm, never thought of it that way but I could see how that would work.
>>
>>86188893
i've seen the other replies and they forgot about 2 kinos
>Eyes Wide Shut
>Magnolia (but Cruise is not exactly the main character)
>>
>>86189946

Reacher 2 was eatch it again ehen its on FX cable comfy tier.

>>86189946

>Any MI movie

>Better than any Bond film.

You would have to go all the way down the list to Die Another Day for it to even be a fair comparison. The Bond films are on a whole other level above the MI films.
>>
>>86190226

>Reacher 2 was eatch it again ehen its on FX cable comfy tier.

Fucking spelling

Reacher 2 was watch it again when its on FX cable comfy tier.
>>
>>86189106
It's a good film till Jamie Foxx starts fighting him, after that there's some good moments but it really drags for the most part.
>>
>>86190620
Literally just got done watching it, thought the first act was pretty boring and thought it got better as it went on desu. The nightclub scene was kino.

What annoyed me is that it looked like it was all recorded on a $150 handheld camcorder. Tom Cruise was good in it though.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.