[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to watch Star Trek First Contact now.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: smug picard.jpg (131KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
smug picard.jpg
131KB, 1252x1252px
I'm going to watch Star Trek First Contact now.
>>
*magic carpet ride*
>>
>>86185278
Ever seen it before? I don't know why they dropped the ball so badly with all the others, First Contact was great.
>>
File: bravo.gif (3MB, 317x238px) Image search: [Google]
bravo.gif
3MB, 317x238px
>>86185278
>>
File: Star Trek books.jpg (2MB, 1600x3200px) Image search: [Google]
Star Trek books.jpg
2MB, 1600x3200px
Why would anybody watch any of TNG's dullest entries in the Star Trek franchise's history? Seriously, each flick following Action Picard and his chad pals from Enterprises D&E as they fight revenge-seeking Khan-lites has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the films’ only consistency has been their lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make scifi into scifantasy, to deliver the franchise into the hands of JJ.

Perhaps the die was cast when Berman vetoed the idea of Frakes directing Nemesis; he made sure the cast's final entry would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable milking of geekdom's sacred cow. The TNG movies might be anti-Roddenberry (or not), but they're certainly the anti-TOS movies in their refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the TNG books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the books are terrible. As I read one, I noticed that every time the author ran out of ideas, they wrote instead another character from another series crossing over to bail them out.

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time a character from a different series appeared in a novel for TNG. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope over 47 times. I was incredulous. The minds of TNG novel authors are so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that they have no other style of writing. Later, I read a lavish, loving review of one such TNG novel by the StarTrek.com official website. They wrote something to the effect of, "If you're still hungry for even more Next Generation, then check out Star Trek/Doctor Who: Assimilation^2, available now at a local LCS store near you." And they were quite right. They were not being ironic. When you read shitty TNG fanfic books, you are, in fact, trained to read shitty TNG fanfic comics.
>>
>>86185278
It's my favorite Trekino
But don't tell Plinkett
>>
Why didn't the Borg just go back in time 1000 years and assimilated everyone then?
>>
>Borg go back in time to prevent first contact
>humanity never explores space
>humanity is never a threat to the Borg
>the Borg never feel the need to go back in time to prevent first contact
>>
>>86185894
Their plan would have succeeded regardless of what time period they went to if the Enterprise didn't follow them through, and they got destroyed before they had a chance to time travel again when they noticed the Enterprise.
>>
>>86185994
That's not how time travel works in Trek. Is there any movie or TV show that does depict it like that in fact? I can't think of any.
>>
>>86185894
After WW3 all civilization was crippled, so there were less people, less weapons, and virtually no organization.
>>
>>86186064
Timeless.
>>
>>86185994
why would they have to? they already did it
>>
>>86185278
>you're all astronauts on some kind of STAR TREK
>>
>>86186071
Are you implying there were less people than during the, for example, middle ages?
>>
File: gunslinger.jpg (57KB, 624x288px) Image search: [Google]
gunslinger.jpg
57KB, 624x288px
>>
>>86185278
>try one of his 3 new scents: Engage, Make It So, and Come!
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.