[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy shit, I just found out that they made four sequels and a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 14

File: tremors.jpg (313KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
tremors.jpg
313KB, 800x1200px
Holy shit, I just found out that they made four sequels and a TV show to this.

Are any of them worth watching? I love the original movie.
>>
They're making another series with Kevin Bacon too.
>>
File: muh rec room.jpg (161KB, 680x650px) Image search: [Google]
muh rec room.jpg
161KB, 680x650px
>>86176535
>Are any of them worth watching? I love the original movie.
Yes, all of them are. Even the bad ones.
>>
>>86176535
As someone who grew up watching all 4 fours, I can say they're decent sequels.

Tremors 2 is the best sequel, followed by Tremors 4 and then last is 3.

I heard there is a 5th one but I would just ignore it.
>>
Tremors was the first movie thay had a big impact on me as a kid
Reba kicks ass
>>
>>86176535
Objective tremorkino ranking:
1 > 4 > 5 > 2 > 3
>>
>>86177385
>Hating on 2
plebe detected
>>
>>86176535
True facts. The tv series was going to Be a monster of the week show.
>>
re:View
>>
>>86177222
How can you genuinely feel that the sequels are decent and then choose to never even watch the newest one?

Personally I can't say anything about whether they are good movies or not but they have all been very enjoyable, even number 5.
>>
>>86176535
>the thing on the front cover is a graboid tongue
>>
>>86176535
I grew up with growing up with this movie
>>
>>86176535
Burt is the main character in all of them...even the one that goes back in time to the Wild West. So, yes, it's pure silly monster movie kino.
>>
>>86176535
Tremors is the only one that did it well. The sequels fully embraced B-core Sharknado levels of cringe.
>>
>>86178204
>While producing the film Tremors 2: Aftershocks Stampede Entertainment and Universal also started developing Tremors as a TV series. The series premise was that, after their success in fighting the Graboids, Val and Earl would be sought out by the readers of tabloid newspapers, believers in UFO’s, etc. to battle other little-known creatures. In this episode people are mysteriously disappearing into thin air out in the woods. Their tracks just stop, with no sign of a struggle. Val and Earl eventually discover an arboreal octopus, lurking above to prey on the unsuspecting.
>>
>>86176924
What game is that?
>>
>>86180163
>On a fishing trip with Burt, our brave boys encounter a reclusive character who turns out to have some nasty nighttime habits. Naturally, ours was not a typical vampire, but the Tremors version – an easy-going mountain man. Val and Earl have to stop making fun of the extra gear Burt has brought. It takes everything he’s got to send the vampire back to the dead
>>
>>86176535
the western one sucked, i like westerns, but prequels set in during that time period sucks ass, i'm looking at you dusk til dawn 3
>>
>>86177222
Tremors 2 felt cheap tho, it has nice moments but I think Tremors 4 has more of a soul and was very cute.
T3 is by far the shittiest yes.
>>
>>86180235
>In this episode the town of Perfection is invaded by strange rectangular robots that begin systematically tearing the place apart and building some sort of road! Assuming "No way these boys are local," Val and Earl launch a counter attack against what they think are alien probes -- and inadvertently destroy the U.S. Military’s latest hi-tech weapon. Turns out the robots, designed to build airfields in hostile territory, were being tested in Area 51 (not that far from Perfection, you know), but wandered off the test site.
>>
>>86180288
>Val and Earl have a rule: they don’t do ghosts. That is, when fearful fans come asking for help, the boys refuse to take jobs involving ghosts, because they just plain don’t believe in them. In this episode, however, a beautiful woman begs them to help her de-ghost an abandoned country house she wants to buy and renovate. Well, the guys can’t turn down a pretty face and off they go. Sure enough, the ghost goings-on are real! Strange sounds! Shapes in the night! But what they eventually uncover is that the "ghost" is actually a very intelligent BigFoot! He puts on a sheet and pretends to be a ghost because he’s found it keeps people away. If he shows himself for what he really is, people want to catch him.
>>
>>86180278
https://youtu.be/d9DUqjNMZ60
>>
File: (you).webm (529KB, 720x360px) Image search: [Google]
(you).webm
529KB, 720x360px
>>86180384
>>
>>86180163
>>86180235
>>86180288
>>86180339
It sounds like a Proto-Supernatural.

>>86180278
You couldn't be more right, Back to perfection felt good, it was more quaint but tremors 3 is fucking awful, ass blasters are retarded. The CG was awful.
>>
>>86180339
>This drawing is based on an actual prehistoric shrimp-like thing. It was quite large and, as you can see, pretty fearsome looking. Val and Earl are called to battle it when it suddenly begins attacking boaters in a recently flooded dry-lake bed. We were borrowing on the desert brine shrimp, which lay dormant for years until brought to "life" by the infrequent rain. This was one of the ideas which was made into an episode of Tremors The Series in 2003.
>>
I love this movie so much
>>
>>86177385
Incorrect
1>2>4>5>3
>>
>>86180485
>This episode is a straight-forward Tremors monster tale. Death from above. The mysterious creature swoops down on sheep and people. Val and Earl first try to trap it by dressing as sheep. Burt tries to bring it down with a homemade heat-seeking rocket. Eventually the perfect solution turns out to be – sky fishing! They "troll" the skies from their pick-up, flying lamb-chop bait from an oversized kite. When the creature is hooked, Earl, strapped into a dentist chair in the pick-ups bed, reels it in on deep sea fishing gear.
>>
>>86180535
> sky fishing! They "troll" the skies from their pick-up, flying lamb-chop bait from an oversized kite. When the creature is hooked, Earl, strapped into a dentist chair in the pick-ups bed, reels it in on deep sea fishing gear.

You will never see a Tremors/Jaws parody.

Why live?
>>
>>86180535
Where did you get these from? You some sort of somebody? This particular idea sounds fucking great.
>>
>>86176924
Needs more pipe bombs and RC cars.
>>
>>86176535
yes they're all pretty good

From best to least in my opinion
T1 > T2 > T5 > tv series > T3 > t4

Also new tv show starring Kevin Bacon that might possibly be canon to the rest of the shit and not just the first movie.

Also another movie coming out at the ass end of January 2018 of more Burt Gummer
>>
>>86180485
the tv series episode that was made about the giant mix master shrimp is one of my favorites.
>>
>>86180163
I saw a gif of an animal like this once here. A forest octopus just climbing a tree.
>>
>dat feel when you'll never have one of these signs

The tv series had an odd history
>Scifi Channel bought up Farscape
>canned Farscape to use the budget to make other shows
>Tremors the Series was one of them
>Tremors was popular and the movies always tended to make good ratings for them, as far as movie repeats throughout the week/weekend go
>only problem was the guy with final say on everything on the Scifi Channel at the time HATED Tremors
>entire show was done behind his back
>the website on the old scifi channel website and fourms were all made behind his back
Look for the Tremors the Series website on the way back machine, its fantastic
>didn't find out until the entire first season was made and commercials were playing
>heads fucking rolled but had to play the show anyways
>all episodes were played out of order
>random time changes when the show aired
>days were changed when the show aired
>random delays that were never announced or repeats randomly
>still managed to pull good ratings
>cancelled because "the audience it attracted wasn't the audience Scifi Channel wanted at the time" was the official press release
>website and forums were nuked off the scifi channel website faster than you could say hiroshima
>>
>>86179215
>Burt is the main character in all of them...even the one that goes back in time to the Wild West. So, yes, it's pure silly monster movie kino

Burt won't be in the new TV series and all the sequels with him have been rendered non-canon.
>>
File: EAS_FiWBanner_2013.jpg (156KB, 1024x277px) Image search: [Google]
EAS_FiWBanner_2013.jpg
156KB, 1024x277px
>>86181292
probably thinking of that Discovery channel miniseries The Future is Wild that came on back in like 2003.

Was a show about showing possible ways animals and shit will evolve thousands to millions of years into the future
>>
>>86181630
>and all the sequels with him have been rendered non-canon.

Yeah you're going to have to prove that.
>>
>>86181630

>taking a tv show starring an actor that only played in 1 Tremors movie and then publicly considered it the black eye of his career and refused to do anything Tremors related for over 2 decades as canon over going on 6 movies and another tv show that have all been faithful sequels to each other.

You'd probably consider Leprechaun Origins as canon to the original Leprechaun wouldn't ya
>>
>>86181630

Not non-canon, just a splinter timeline after Tremors 1. There's the Burt timeline and the Valentine timeline.

Haven't even seen the new show yet but I can guarantee you that the Burt timeline is superior.
>>
>>86181791
Leprechaun in da hood is the only Leprechaun movie that matters.
>>
>>86176535
>Holy shit, I just found out that they made four sequels and a TV show to this.
Holy shit anon, sounds like you've got your weekend all laid out for you. I haven't seen the series but the sequels are all pretty fun.
Nothing will compare to the original but they're just such charming schlockey direct-to-video b-movies its hard to not like them unironically, ironically, post ironically, they're fun.
>>
>>86181791
>You'd probably consider Leprechaun Origins as canon to the original Leprechaun wouldn't ya

None of the Leprechaun movies are linked to each other by narrative, though; they all start over with the same Leprechaun in a new situation without any continuity to the previous installments.

Aside from ditching Warwick Davis, Origins didn't really change anything about the franchise, which never had a canon in the first place.
>>
>>86181875
>dat feel when we'll never have Giant Leprechaun in Space vs Jason X
>>
>>86176535
2 is okay it gives Earl the spotlight. 3 is good but they started to go bad syfy CG with it. 4 is the best of the sequels. The Tv series is fun sadly only one season and 5 is solid enough that it that if you like the series you'll like it otherwise it's not that great.
>>
>>86181982
>they all start over with the same Leprechaun in a new situation without any continuity to the previous installments.

The Necklace that turns him to stone establishes some kind of timeline
>>
File: 1499309555852.gif (978KB, 384x259px) Image search: [Google]
1499309555852.gif
978KB, 384x259px
>>86182062
>>86181985
>>86181875
>>86181791
>tfw no leprechaun expanded universe
>>
The tv show is pretty comfy.
>>
File: Cult-of-Chucky-banner.jpg (40KB, 1024x341px) Image search: [Google]
Cult-of-Chucky-banner.jpg
40KB, 1024x341px
>>86182101
just be glad we have Chucky.

Just gotta keep Brad Dourif alive for years to come and we'll keep getting more Good Guy doll action
>>
>>86182016
Jamie Kennedy showing up almost made me puke. But he did better then expected
>>
>>86176924
The western one sucked, but it was still better than most nolan flicks
>>
>>86182302
Jamie Kennedy does better in horror and horror/comedy than most other shit.

Just gotta keep him away from green masks and we're good
>>
>>86181964
Looks like I owe Jeff Bezos $13.00

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00DNUSG0U/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1502382728&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=tremors+collection+blu+ray&dpPl=1&dpID=51OkngYCX6L&ref=plSrch
>>
>>86181692
No I have seen that. This gif wasn't cg. If it was a puppet then it was a damn good one.
>>
>>86182461
hmmm not the you say that it does kinda sound familiar but I've no idea where I'd seen it from
>>
https://youtu.be/PaXEzvosnSE

Tremors 2 is the best.
I think in 3 they start flying? then what do they evolve into in 4 and 5?
>>
>>86180485
Those cheeky bastards. That's modeled on a fossil from from the Burgess shale fauna.

>>86181692
The Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus was a bit of a meme in cryptid circles around the time.

http://zapatopi.net/treeoctopus/
>>
>>86182234
>Brad Dourif
I never knew he was in chucky.
>>
>>86184655
nothing more, 4 is a western style prequel and 5 is a back to basics sequel with a primordial graboid that's much bigger than the one in perfection
>>
>>86180175
innawoods, not a game so much as a /k/ armchair loadout simulator
>>
Never enough tremors threads
>>
2 is almost as good. The rest are SyFy tier
>>
>>86182234
Why did Brad Dourif look so much like Tommy Wiseau if the recent one? During the funeral scene all I could think of was "oh hi Andy".
>>
>>86176586
That's pretty funny, considering the lines in Aftershocks where they badmouth him for going off after gettin' famous.
>>
>>86176535
Just watch 1 & 2...avoid everything else like cancer
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.