[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Amadeus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 7

Thoughts?
>>
>>86168913
Too many scenes
>>
>>86168913
Over rated but still a solid film
>>
Unironically my favorite movie.
I was so bummed Goya's Ghosts was shit
>>
one of my top 10
>>
>>86168913
The 80s song was sweet
>>
>>86168913
Well, there it is.
>>
>>86169140
>>86169150
>>86169140
>>86169150
What specifically did you like so much about it? It was a good film but I don't understand why it's so hyped.
>>
Kino
>>
>>86169184
t. woman
>>
>>86168913
Terrific film, or at least it would be if it were not ruined by the plot.
>>
>>86169184
The best film on resentment and jealousy ever made
>>
>>86169383
>Women browsing /tv/
The cinematography wasn't anything special and the acting wasn't anything special. The story was engaging because of the dynamic of greatness and the envy that comes with, but that's the only good part about it. Do you have a constructive argument?
>>
Top 3 80's film, easily.
>>
>>86169438
>the acting wasn't anything special
it's like you want to not be taken seriously
>>
>>86169496
It was overly melodramatic. The acting constantly took me out of the movie.
>>
File: girlslaughing.png (490KB, 449x401px) Image search: [Google]
girlslaughing.png
490KB, 449x401px
>>86169529
>being this much of a faggot pleb
>>
>>86169529
okay, well go watch your gay art films and let us men talk about the greatest movie ever made
>>
This and Platoon were the only good 80s best picture winners
>>
4U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY_bQpmEBc0
still get goosebumbs
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (74KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
74KB, 1280x720px
>>86169184
the visuals, the music, the time period, engaging story
>>
>>86169559
what about The Last Emperor?
>>
Absolute underrated masterpiece

Yeah I meant underrated
>>
https://youtu.be/H5lZ4czTR4o
>>
The first third is basically perfect scene after perfect scene, in fact it's too good to sustain, directors cut or otherwise. Basically >>86169097 but it's still a great film
>>
>>86169652
There was nothing special about the visuals, if you think the cinematography and visuals in this are anything above average you've never seen a film with great visuals.
>>
>>86169990
Stop trying to show off, no one's impressed.
>>
Why didn't Salieri just be honest with Mozart?
>>
>>86169990
>Being this retarded
Christ, how have you managed to survive this long without choking on air?
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 600x315px
Claimed!
>>
>>86169990
sure thing Salieri
>>
>>86169184
In terms of traditional three-act structure its screenplay is damn near flawless. Every line and scene has a place, a function. Plot beats happen like clockwork exactly where they're supposed to. It has everything it needs to be effective and almost nothing it doesn't. It displays artistic unity in that it's thematically consistent throughout the whole film, and doesn't really meander away from its core themes or indulge in any tangents. And at the end of the day, despite being so goddamn lean, it's incredibly effective at what it goes for.

Look. There's two kinds of people that love movies. The first group are photographers and editors at heart, the second group are more about the writing.

Amadeus is a movie that is especially loved by the second group.
>>
>>86170235
>>86170195
>>86170319
What shots stood out to you? Now that I'm thinking about it Amadeus seems like a film plebs use to jerk themselves off over watching an art film, so that they can feel ""deep"". What shots even stood out to you, what specific aspects of the cinematography did you like?
>>
>>86170358
That's actually a fair argument, I'm a more cinematic's focused person. I think film was intended for cinematic purposes though, not for writing. I think if people enjoy writing over visual aesthetics then they would prefer /lit/ more then film.
>>
>>86169097
Haha
>>
really disgusting movie aesthetically, couldn't sit trough it again
>>
>>86170363
Why would take the time to list them or explain why I liked them to you when you are going to just dismiss them out of hand to jerk yourself off?

Also
>Amadeus
>art film
I never thought of Amadeus as an art film, it is just a straight up enjoyable film.
>>
>>86170430
You should explain why you liked it so I can shit on you more
>>
>>86170363
>Now that I'm thinking
Why lie anon? It's clear that you do no such thing.
>plebs use to jerk themselves off over watching an art film
Who the fuck considers Amadeus an 'art film'? Christ, you really are retarded.

The Queen of Aria scene.
Salieri with Mozart's music scene
>>
>>86170419
what the hell... you are scm

It's a comfy movie as none.

maybe comfort to you should it means a stone bed
>>
>>86170461
>You should explain why you liked it so I can shit on you more
>Hurr durr here's a contrarian opinion
>I'm shitting on u plebs lol

You're doing no such thing, anon. You're just showing yourself to be suffering from some pretty severe mental deficiencies.
>>
>>86170395
Amadeus was a stage play before it was a movie.
>>
>>86169990
If only you knew how dumb you sound
>>
File: 1442799704616.jpg (58KB, 449x688px) Image search: [Google]
1442799704616.jpg
58KB, 449x688px
>tfw you watch this and really heavily empathize and relate with Salieri

Any way to fix this?
>>
>>86170520
It's not an art film, but from what people are saying in this thread you all seem to be hyping it up to be one.

Queen of Aria scene was solid though.
Don't know what the other scene is that you're talking about.
>>
Its a good movie if you don't know anything about music history.

It turns to be a bit corny when you do. I still like the film for what it is though.
>>
>>86170358
BASED
>>
>>86168913

>How well are you trained in shitpost?

>I know a little. I shitposted in my youth.

>Where?

>Here on 4chan.

>Ah! Then you must know this
>"JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP"

>I can't say that I do. What is it?

>It was a very popular meme on its day. I made it.
>Here, how about this?
>"Now THIS is podracing"
>I made it.
>This one brought down the board when we shitposted it...
>"What did he mean this?"
>Well?

>I regret it is not too familiar.

>Can you recall no meme of mine?
>I was the most famous shitposter in 4chan.
>I made 40 memes alone.
>Here! What about this one? "IF I PULL THAT OFF WOULD YOU DIE"-

>"IT WOULD BE EXTREMELY PAINFUL, YOU'RE A BIG GUY, FOR YOU!"
>Yes, I know that! That's charming!
>I'm sorry, I didn't know you shitposted that.

>I didn't. These were the baneposters...
>Bane Posters.

>The man you accuse yourself of cucking.

Was Salieri /ourguy/?
>>
>tfw you realize that salieri is the beta vjrgin and mozart is the Chad
>>
it's probably the best middlebrow movie of the '80s. just compare it to some shit like gandhi or out of africa.
>>
>>86170605
Not the guy you're talking to but...

This really depends on how inclusive you want to be about what you call an 'art film'.

Amadeus is certainly more highbrow than most oscar-bait, but it's not really arthouse either. Then again, there have been plenty of crowd-pleasing films that have skirted the boundaries between both worlds.

Hell, Hitchcock made a career out of that kind of shit. He could have restricted himself to art-films but he was a crowd-pleasing showman at heart.
>>
>>86170594
Stop blaming Chad for your celibacy lifestyle.

Hire some hookers
>>
Boo I usually enjoy an Amadeus thread.
>>
>>86169097
Epic. Never seen this reply before.
>>
File: I AM COMMENDANTORE.jpg (15KB, 400x237px) Image search: [Google]
I AM COMMENDANTORE.jpg
15KB, 400x237px
DOOOOCTOOOOR PAAAAAAAVEEEL
>>
Play Salieri
>>
You're now hearing Mozart's annoying ass laugh
>>
>>86170594
Be the best in the world at something you do. Or learn to live with mediocrity and don't expect greatness of yourself. Either one really.
>>
>>86173177

But Salieri was a celebrated artist and still is, sure nothing like Mozart but still very famous and nothing of mediocre
>>
>>86173548
Maybe I'm projecting but I don't think anyone who really wants greatness is ever satisfied with being inferior.
>>
File: IMG_0137.gif (589KB, 373x288px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0137.gif
589KB, 373x288px
>>86168913
The masterpiece!!!
>>
I felt like the casting for Wolfgang and his wife was kind of weird. Like their acting was fine but they looked so young and out of place with those costumes. That chick looked like she was 12 years old (from the neck up)
>>
>>86168913
My dad has read over ten books about Mozart and he has listened to his entire ouvre. He says it's a work of pure character assasination.
>>
>>86170638
Kek, i liked it.
>>
incredibly over rated
>>
>>86175303
Your dad is an autist.
>>
When someone tells me that they dont like this movie they inmidiatly become Absolute tastles garbage to me, and í never ever talk about movies with them again
>>
>>86175303
Nobody knows for sure how mozart died though so it is an interesting take on it exploring the life and death through the angle they chose
>>
>>86175896
sure buddy
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.