[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jon Snow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8

File: ZJzktgBk_400x400.jpg (41KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
ZJzktgBk_400x400.jpg
41KB, 380x380px
Let's be honnest /tv/. He IS extremely likable and the only consistent good guy on the show.
>>
big bitch
gormless twat
charisma vacuum
>>
he only knows that he knows nothing
>>
File: davos seaworth.png (1MB, 1894x1421px) Image search: [Google]
davos seaworth.png
1MB, 1894x1421px
>>
File: 1502076052557.png (808KB, 1579x819px) Image search: [Google]
1502076052557.png
808KB, 1579x819px
>>86158710
Wrong. Dany is too.
>>
he's boring
>>
I dislike him and dany because nearly none of their achievements can be attributed to them being particularly skilled, clever or good at what they do. they've just had the thickest plot armor since season one, and acquire super powers out of luck, circumstances and flat out bad writing.
>>
he has a meme storyline.
>>
>>86159560
>walking through a building on fire
>killing some necromancer white walker
yeah, not sure how they survived up to this point other than the plot armor.
>>
>>86159560
Jon is a skilled warrior and a good leader.
>>
File: 1486534265591.png (572KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
1486534265591.png
572KB, 600x580px
>>86159093
It's funny that you think that. Dany has no fighting skill. She has no leader skills. She has nothing that qualifies her to lead.
>>
>>86159676

This.

He's a badass with a sword and consistently good at heart. More than anyone else on the show. He and Jamie are my two favorite characters
>>
>>86159560
>none of their achievements can be attributed to them being particularly skilled, clever or good at what they do.

Jon's a talented swordsman though, and the only time he's had plot armor was in the Batte of the Bastards.

He's also a bastard. His journey hasn't been as easy as Dany's.
>>
>>86159803

I'd say the biggest plot armor was you know, fucking reviving him back from the dead but maybe that's just me.
>>
>>86159093
at least she's looking cute in this season. I wonder how much of the cgi budget went into that.
>>
>>86159869
I think you completely miss the point of the criticism of "plot armor." Did you also think Daenerys having a dragon was a "deus ex machina." You dipshits seem to all be the same people. Are you pol SJW also?
>>
File: CaYJegFUMAA7Q-j.jpg (26KB, 600x329px) Image search: [Google]
CaYJegFUMAA7Q-j.jpg
26KB, 600x329px
>>86159869
Niggas come back to life everyday b.
>>
It's Jon Targaryen
>>
>>86159916

I have no idea what you're saying to me right now.
>>
>>86158710
I like Jon but I hate how they handled his resurrection. He's basically Jesus and it is almost never brought up. It had almost no impact on his personality or character, and essentially was just an excuse to get him out of the Night's Watch. When a guy comes back from the dead it should be a big deal, I mean Beric changed his whole religion and lifestyle and he loses a part of himself whenever he comes back. Jon is pretty much the same except now he can be King.
>>
>his trusting nature got him killed
>still a moralfag.
>>
>muh leddit boogeyman

anyone who hates jon snow is doing so purely out of contrarianism.
>>
>>86160076
>It had almost no impact on his personality or character,

he told melly c not to bring him back if he dies in the battle, and he was uncomfortable when ser davos brought it up. the repercussions just haven't occurred yet cause his death has never been fully addressed imo.
>>
>>86160076
You're looking at it the wrong way. It's supposed to be frustrating that his resurrection is glossed over, they nodded to this fact in episode 3 when Davos is about to blurt it out. Only a few people saw it, and there was no one around with an iPhone to record it. My personal little theory is that there's going to be some payoff in this regard when Jon and Dany become intimate. She'll see the scars and that's when he'll finally have an opportunity to talk about it. Jon isn't a person who brags. If anything, he downplays his achievements. He hasn't even mentioned that he killed a white walker, he just says things like "I saw the Night King and the army of the dead." He reflects on Hardhome as being a failure, even though he saved thousands of lives.

And Jon isn't the same, I don't know why people say this. He's subtly different, I think it's fantastic.
>>
>>86160280
What are the differences? I really can't think of any except being more willing to die as this other guy said here >>86160252.
>>
>>86160076
i don't know, as soon as he came back, he was pretty nihilistic. he left his post and was ready to run off with his sister and leave the rest of humanity to deal with the ww's and the army of the dead themselves. seeing his brother die and almost dying again in the battle of the bastards was what brought back the old jon. i think there's definitely been a change, but it's subtle. remember, beric says you lose a "little piece of yourself". he doesn't say you fundamentally change as a person. after all, beric seems more or less the same basic guy as he was before the hound kills him.
>>
>>86160200
nah, its the acting mixed with a weak point in the writing with his dialogue, I think. he's not bad, he's just kind of james dean tier. stand around looking distant and worried staring whistfully into the distance. its a boring character to have on the screen when he isnt fighting.
>>
>>86158710
True. But they're going to kill him and give Danny the Iron Throne. He'll probably die helping her achieve it.
>>
>>86159916
It is a Deus Ex Machina. Even in the books the dragons aren't all powerful. Fucking peasants could kill a dragon according to the history of westoros. Her dragons shouldn't be knigh impossible to defeat death machines.
>>
>>86160531
>kind of james dean tier

oh, i definitely agree there, but i kind of like that about him personally. i think that works well for wordlessly portraying the sort of angst and existential dread a young twentysomething in his position might go through grappling with this larger than life threat and the responsibilities that come with it.

i hear what everyone is saying about plot armor, but his accomplishments feel still earned to me, moreso than anyone else in the series even. yes, grrm probably won't kill him off because he's basically the hero of the story, but this is true of pretty much every protagonist in every piece of fiction, at least until the end anyway. it's just a truism that you can't kill off the people you need to drive the plot forward. with jon, though, you see him start off as this bastard with nothing to his name and work his way up the night's watch and become lord commander, then get killed and become king of the north. none of the things that happen to him, unlike say dany (who don't particularly dislike or anything), just falls into his lap. it all feels fully deserved.
>>
File: themotherofdragons.jpg (48KB, 336x340px) Image search: [Google]
themotherofdragons.jpg
48KB, 336x340px
Bendini
>>
File: 1462764405761.jpg (14KB, 264x293px) Image search: [Google]
1462764405761.jpg
14KB, 264x293px
Definitely better than Dany, he's earned his respect and admiration while Dany has been riding on family legacy since the start
>>
>>86160776

>It is a Deus Ex Machina

The dragons aren't a sudden solution to all problems, though. They have very specific uses
>>
File: Gendry.jpg (52KB, 349x480px) Image search: [Google]
Gendry.jpg
52KB, 349x480px
Poor Sansa, no good suitors out there for her.
>>
>>86158710
What I don't like, is that he has the family honor that get him killed just like his father and brother, and yet YET he still didn't learn a thing about it after being given a second chance.

I don't mean "ditch the honor", but dude at least pay attention god dammit
>>
>>86159560
>>86159636
>>86159676
>>86159742
>>86159803

Jon ate shit the whole way through. But he never complained, never boasted, never indulged himself in glory. Stayed modest to the end and committed to following his duty and helping as many people as he can.

The guy's a true bro and hero.
>>
>>86161446
>the dragons aren't sudden solution to all problems though
What? Okay, when has Daenerys not ever used them to solve all her problems though? Got wizards after you? Sick the dragons on them. Need an army? Sell your lizard, but kill seller with your lizard. Fighting insurrection in your city? Literally gather the insurrections possible leaders and kill them with your dragon. Don't have a dragon. Oh shit, well just lock your enemies in a building and burn the place down. Not as a good, but similar result.
>>
>>86158710
How do I achieve hair like that
>>
>>86161488
He's a lot more committed to honor than his father and brother.

If you remember, it wasn't honor that cost them their lives but inconsistent honor at critical point- not immediately telling Robert and trusting a faggot like littlefinger for Ned, and breaking his vows to Frey for Rob.
>>
>>86158710
not enough screentime

the rest of the characters, too much screentime
>>
>>86161669

Those are very specific problems that she used her dragons on. What's your point?
>>
>>86158710
That is a factual statement, thanks for sharing.

I hope /tv/ realizes this soon, band once he get gets dnay on her knee it'll sinke in that jon is best guy
>>
>>86159869
reviving him was to show he had kings blood
>>
>>86160115
he doesn't trust dany he just wants to raw her i think dying was a good lesson for him
>>
>>86162087
>Very specific
It's like she constantly solves all her problems with a hammer when she should be using a surgical knife. She lacks any kind of subtelty in solving her problems. The main thing she should have focused on doing is find the identity of the harpy leaders in Mereen. Then find a solution that would take them out of the game without martyring the rebels.
>>
Jon truly is the only good guy. He's not mad raging for war with Cersei or for revenge, he knows there is a real threat and he wants to take care of it because everyone will die if they don't. Daenerys is mad for power, she wants Jon to bend the knee so bad because she wants him to follow her and to give her control of the north even if she helps him to fight the white walkers.

Everyone being a shithead with their #TeamDany #TeamLannister bullshit and forgets it's just two bitches who burn people up fighting for power. Hope Jon kills Daenerys next season and Aegon returns. Beat the walkers and have a war between both Rhaegar sons.
>>
>>86159093
>being this delusional
she is one step from becoming a full-blown villain
>>
likeable doesn't mean good character
>>
>>86163281
Good think we're talking about who the good guy is
>>
It's hard to take him seriously being such a manlet though
>>
It was always building to him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0jSP1Pwrtc
>>
>>86158710
Well he'll get along well with Danaerys because they're both fond of unleashing hordes of cannibal rapist barbarians upon an unsuspecting populace
>>
>>86158710
He's a cuck
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.