[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

‘Deadpool’s Tim Miller To Helm ‘Neuromancer’

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 14

http://deadline.com/2017/08/deadpool-tim-miller-neuromancer-william-gibson-movie-fox-simon-kinberg-1202145496/

How hard will Fox shit on it, /tv/?
>>
Thought that was Will Sasso for a second.
>>
Bout time fo dis.
>>
>Once a talented computer hacker, Case was caught stealing from his employer. As punishment for his theft, Case's central nervous system was damaged with a mycotoxin, leaving him unable to access the global computer network in cyberspace, a virtual reality dataspace called the "matrix".

is this what the wachowski faggots stole from
>>
>>86158352
Great art is made by inspiration, not by autistic adaptation and remakes.
>>
>>86158352
>WOW THEY MENTIONED THE MATRIX, I'VE SEEN THE MATRIX HEY IS THIS A A REFERENCE TO THE MATRIX?

You fucking molasses for brains gobshite.
>>
>>86156835
For the 75th time, it dies before going anywhere.
>>
well shit
>>
how many directors have been attached to this thing?

like, the director of fucking Torque was slated to direct it at one point
>>
>Case will be played by Idris Elba
>>
File: IMG_2073.jpg (138KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2073.jpg
138KB, 640x640px
>>86156835
Neuromancer is one of my favorite books so I'm bummed it's getting an adaptation at all since it's likely to fuck it up and sour its legacy
The ONLY way it could be good if it matched the tone and style of something like Blade Runner, but I doubt someone coming off something as bland as Normiepool could pull it off
>>
File: IMG_2075.jpg (166KB, 576x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2075.jpg
166KB, 576x960px
Defunct concept art from the last time someone tried to make this film
>>
Average tier director will create an average tier film. The people doing these remakes either don't know or don't care that it would require a ridiculous amount of dedication, a trusted director with creative control and high paid actors to make an adaptation that will actually be remembered. No one wants to take that kind of risk anymore
>>
>>86156835
doubt it will even get off the ground. The book is amazing, but everyone has borrowed from it so much it will fee like a retread.
>>
I didn't enjoy the book
>>
its been decades since hollywood initiated projects in hopes of making something legitimately good that would stand the test of time.

This will be shit. Just like how everything made in the last ten years has been shit.
>>
>>86161890
this isn't the first proto-fiction hollywood has tried to turn into a blockbuster

It'll fail spectacularly, just like all the other attempts.
>>
>>86162070
>proto-fiction
?
>>
>>86162114
pieces of work that went on to become a huge source of inspiration for so many other works it established a new genre
>>
Is Case gonna look like a meth-head? I always pictured him looking kinda meth-heady. Maybe like the kind Schwartzman plays in Spun.
>>
>>86160211
If Villenueve's Blade Runner does well then Fox will be obliged to monkey see, monkey do.

They should just re-screen Fifth Element in theaters because that's what a Deadpool treatment of Neuromancer would look and feel like.
>>
>>86162172
Yep, if it was done right you could easily have a inception level movie.

But I know it will not be done right. Such is life.
>>
>>86162276
>>
>>86162321
Inception was aggressively mediocre.
>>
In all honesty, won't it end up being Johnny Neumonic tier? It seems like it will always be weighed down by old retro cyberpunk nostalgia. I mean, I guess it would have to really smartly done or it'll be a joke.
>>
>>86162344
>>
>>86162382
>>
>>86162346
I will disagree. I do not think it the greatest film ever, but it better the 95% of films and made a boatload of cash.

And if you think about it, only three cyberpunk movies have been good movies.

Blade Runner, matrix, and Inception. Don't let the Nolan fanboys make you ignore that some of his films are excellent.
>>
Dune and Neuromancer in a couple year span, well I guess it's nice to see sci fi classics getting adapted, just hope they don't fuck it up.

like GitS LOOKED great, but the dialogue was so bad.
>>
>>86162451
>inception
>in the top 5%

... you... haven't seen very many movies... have you...
>>
hire their production designer
>>
>>86162381
Agreed, It going to be a retro joke unless they are really smart about it (like this anon >>86162451
pointing out Inception is a stealth-Cyberpunk movie) But you need to make Case and his hacking work in a movie, and I do not see this level of talent making it work.
>>
>>86158436
He's not saying it's a reference to The Matrix though.
>>
>>86162468
GitS looked good because they used the '95 movie as moving concept art... and then barely understood it.
>>
>>
>>86162413
Stop. He's shit
>>
>>86162468
AND ScarJo was terrible and didn't get the character at all. AND it was so massively derivative of the original material that it can't stand on it's own. AND probably a few other things.
>>
>>86162468
>like GitS LOOKED great, but the dialogue was so bad.

Nothing wrong with this. Even Blade Runner only looked good.
>>
>>
>>86162525
you not seen the pure drek that comes out every year. There is around ~700 films released each year excluding direct to video releases. So I top 95 film means that there are 35 films better then it in that year, or in a 10 year span that it a top 350 movie.

I can live with inception being in the top 350 films since 2007.
>>
File: 1502329133959.jpg (37KB, 455x471px) Image search: [Google]
1502329133959.jpg
37KB, 455x471px
>>86162451
not one of those three is cyberpunk jfc kid
>>
>>86162725
>since '07

Like I said, you clearly haven't seen much. The last ten years have been probably the worst decade in film ever.
>>
File: IMG_2078.jpg (99KB, 500x558px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2078.jpg
99KB, 500x558px
>>86162546
This
GitS may have had a shit script but it had great aesthetics
>>
If they adapt the book it will be fucking awful, since the central theme of the book is the effect of AI on the world and Case's desperate need to change from his numb state. It's not really about individual characters as it is about the consequences of their, and humanity's, desperation.
>>
>>86162733
Ur a special kinda stupid, ain't ya?
>>
>>86162733
What type of drugs are you on anon. Blade Runner and the Matrix are basically standards used to describe it in film.
>>
Miller's kind of journeyman right now, dunno if he can make this work.
>>
>>86162792
BECAUSE IT COPIED THE WORK OF ACTUAL ARTISTS
>>
>>86162819
only in troll threads

there hasn't been any cyberpunk film
>>
>>86162769
>boohoo modern films suck
I can also live with it being in the top 700 since 1997. See, when I say "Top 95% of movies" it still can mean you can have hundreds of movies that are better then it since so many movies get released each year.

If you watch 20 art house films a year and compare it to that, then yes it will seem silly, but that means you are ignoring all the other films.
>>
File: Best Twin Peaks girl.webm (3MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Best Twin Peaks girl.webm
3MB, 1440x1080px
>>86162889
Hooo kayyyy nice talking to you anon.
>>
>>86162891
if you autisticly watch literally every movie then I guess you may be able to see inception as anything other than aggressively mediocre
>>
>>86162945
I don't have to watch every movie to say that it was in the top 35-40 films of that year, which places it in the 95% percent tile.
>>
>>86162964
Inception was 2010. Nothing from 2010 belongs in the top 5%.
>>
File: tumblr_msq4gnxAI01rd9eobo1_400.gif (989KB, 400x135px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_msq4gnxAI01rd9eobo1_400.gif
989KB, 400x135px
>>86162725
Watch Paprika that it took a good portion from. Satoshi Kon is a better filmmaker than Nolan.

And I say this as someone with Interstellar in my top 25 movies.
>>
Call me when they make a Snow Crash movie.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.