[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who's the scaruffi of /tv/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

File: download (1).jpg (4KB, 167x163px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
4KB, 167x163px
who's the scaruffi of /tv/?
>>
>>86147234
he's long gone
good taste though OP, if it isn't on his list it isn't worth seeing
>>
Armond White
>>
File: loveexposure6.png (410KB, 1050x576px) Image search: [Google]
loveexposure6.png
410KB, 1050x576px
thank you based piero
>>
Scaruffi has really good taste in movies desu. I wish /tv/ was full of avant teens
>>
>>86147428
scaruffi actually likes things that aren't shit though
>>
File: Scuffy.jpg (35KB, 452x601px) Image search: [Google]
Scuffy.jpg
35KB, 452x601px
>>86147234
Armond or Richard Brody.
>>
File: PIEROD.jpg (35KB, 770x770px) Image search: [Google]
PIEROD.jpg
35KB, 770x770px
>>86148265
>gave TMR a 9.5
"no", also has profoundly bad taste in art music.

Though I do appreciate the fact that he is literally the only critic in the world that is redpilled on nu-metal.
>>86147234
scaruffi is the scaruffi of /tv/, he reviews kinos too
>>
>>86148397
Has he ever gave anything a 10 before?
>>
>>86148482
Nope, which is a perfectly valid and quite respectable stance, one of the things I like about him despite thinking he has some really, really stupid opinions and none of the education required to make quality judgements of art music.
>>
>>86148397
>implying TMR was bad
fuck off pleb
>>
>>86147234
pauline kael?
>>
>>86148397
>he doesn't like TMR
great opinion kiddo, thanks for sharing
>>
File: mozarella.jpg (332KB, 651x2881px) Image search: [Google]
mozarella.jpg
332KB, 651x2881px
>>86148578
>>86148750
t. uneducated rockist mallgoth plebs
>>
>>86148482
He says that his top classical and jazz albums would be his 10s if he were to ever give any, but also that no rock album has ever come close to them.
>>
>>86148637
Nah, she a bit to out there even for him.
>>
>>86148912
>you like tmr so you have no understanding of classical music
nice assumption, kid. there are some seriously interesting rhythmic things going on in that album, you should give it a few more listens
>>
>>86148912
i wish I went to that high school…
>>
http://www.scaruffi.com/cinema/best100.html
rate his taste /tv/
>>
>>86148912
Tchaikovsky, Stockhausen, and Berlioz are actually horrible tbph
>>
File: firemen.jpg (885KB, 1242x2144px) Image search: [Google]
firemen.jpg
885KB, 1242x2144px
>>86150478
You don't have to tell me
>>86149554
Why? All of them have awful taste except for our protagonist.
>>86149532
I'm not sure you can appreciate what's actually interesting or not rhythmically if you really believe that. In fact it's less worthwhile than just about any form of ethnic music.
>>
>>86150729
Except the slut was right, the pleb was just having an autistic shit fit
>>
>>86151025
Further proof that Mozart is underrated
>>
>>86150729
first off that graphic is inflammatory simpleminded garbage, but I'll take it for granted you understand that
second I've actually listened to a fair amount of ethnic music and your comparison leads me to believe that YOU don't know what you're talking about. there's plenty of great ideas in folk music, the rhythmic ideas in tmr are much closer to american minimalism and modernism. the control of pulse and accent is much more advanced than the stuff you hear in field recordings. it builds upon the blues, but in no way is it the same language. you might as well say stravinsky is less rhythmically interesting than russian folk music.
>>
>>86147234
me
>>
>>86151537
fucking lmao is this poly? be honest

And American minimalism is literally just jews aping west african folk music, it's empty hollow trash for the empty trash negrified souls of the American race.

And I doubt you have a significant overview of ethnic music, you've probably only listened to whatever recordings are recommended on RYM and are an American with absolutely no connection to or personal experience with any kind of living tradition.
>>
>>86151771
not a tripfag, I don't show up at mu much
no I've never made any of my own field recordings if that's what you're asking
neither do I have an exhaustive knowledge of the subject (and I doubt anybody could claim to)
american minimalism may be mostly unlistenable garbage, but it's totally unfair to say it's just african music -- and if you are halfway intelligent you are either ignorant of the music or taking the piss. and honestly in the context of eurocentric serialist degeneracy it was a step in the right direction
>>
>>86152147
>honestly in the context of eurocentric serialist degeneracy it was a step in the right direction
Two wrongs don't make a right.

And you're right, calling it west african regurgitations is reductive, there is also some effeminate orientalisms and late-capitalist trashy crossover material in there.
>>
>>86147234
is that conan

boy he doesn't look too well
>>
>>86152238
honestly it sounds like reading through the wikipedia page on minimalism would broaden your horizons, the effects and ideas they developed are ubiquitous in modern pop and art music. and their ideas of polyrhythm were often sharply different from the stuff of african drumming. and anyway, what's your big problem with composers getting ideas from the music of other cultures?
>>
>>86152744
I don't have a problem with ethnic music, I have a problem with ugly non-music.

And trust me, I am more than familiar enough with both pre- and post-war 20th century music.
>>
File: trinityoftruecritics.png (362KB, 1090x1014px) Image search: [Google]
trinityoftruecritics.png
362KB, 1090x1014px
>>86147234
>>
>>86152978
you might call minimalism insipid or infantile or something, but ugly non-music? really? it's more concerned with harmony and pulse than anything else!
since you know everything, what is some pop music you consider to be more interesting than TMR? what composed music from 1970 on do YOU consider worthwhile?
>>
>>86153225
>what is some pop music you consider to be more interesting than TMR?
I don't listen to pop music anymore.
>what composed music from 1970 on do YOU consider worthwhile?
Some composers are less offensive than others, but essentially none.
>>
>>86153449
lmao there's a simpsons episode about you
if you think all the music in the world is shit, try making something better! but I warn you it won't be easy for your fragile ego
>>
>>86151025
>you shouldn't enjoy classics if they're sufficiently well known
Fuck off. This sort of attitude, wether regarding film, music or literature just reveals that you have no genuine appreciation for the medium and is into it purely to show-off.
>>
>>86153581
I don't think all the music in the world is shit, I just decided to stop wasting my time on ugly things and concentrate on beautiful things instead.
>>
>>86153761
>concentrate on beautiful things instead
like tearing down what other people like on the internet? You certainly haven't accomplished anything beautiful here.
>>
>>86149644
>Michael Haneke: Cache`/ Hidden (2005)

confirmed pleb, makes sense /mew/ would worship him.
>>
>>86153886
There is nothing beautiful about wasting your life worshiping trash.
>>
Some reviewer on Letterboxd who gives every movie made after 1969 3/5 or lower
>>
>>86153998
seriously, do something to put yourself out there. play an instrument if you like music so much. learn to sing. you can tear down the things that other people make your whole life, and it will never get you anywhere
>>
>>86154252
PUNQ?
>>
>>86154334
There is no lack of investment on my part. I have half of a degree in performance (lol), play in an amateur orchestra and when I was a student I had my (ugly) music performed, as well as performing some (ugly) electroacoustic compositions myself. True, the fact that I am neither gifted nor capable of profound beauty was a bitter pill to swallow, but one that I think made me happier and more stable overall.
>>
>>86154570
don't be too hard on yourself. university music programs are a mess and are beginning to be infected with the same wishy-washy do-what-you feel garbage as visual art programs. keep working at it with a genuine desire to address your shortcomings, and you will get better. even mozart wrote shitty symphonies at first.
>>
>>86154924
I dropped out 5 years ago m8
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.