[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Judd Apatow’s Blunt Thoughts About Criticism Of Comedies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

Judd Apatow also described how many of the best comedy writers are actually focusing on television, resulting in a lack of exciting new movie scripts. He said,

>I feel like the studios don't buy as many scripts now. It used to be you'd open up Variety, and you'd see a movie studio had just bought a big high-concept comedy. Now it seems like they'd rather things come in packaged: a script, a cast, a director. As a result, a lot of great comedy writers are going to television instead of sitting at home and trying to write a script for a film, write the way I was.

Judd Apatow recently vented about his frustrations, saying:

>When you do a big, broad comedy and it fails, it's an easy target for criticism. I also don't think critics have a great respect for the effort it takes to make people piss their pants laughing. They think it's more honorable to show someone in torment, but being able to do that doesn't make you more of an artist than being able to make The Naked Gun. It's not hard to make people cry. Kill a dog.

/tv/ BTFO
>>
>>86145013
His movies suck. The Naked Gun is way better than what he could ever hope to write.
>>
File: 1250735459532.jpg (14KB, 266x258px) Image search: [Google]
1250735459532.jpg
14KB, 266x258px
>>86145013
>I also don't think critics have a great respect for the effort it takes to make people piss their pants laughing

The problem with mainstream comedy these days is that hacks like Apatow don't put any effort into making the audience laugh in the first place, they just get their cast to ad lib on set and hope something lands. They get no respect because the lack of effort is clear for all to see.
>>
Judd Apatow literally ruined comedy films with his over-reliance on ad-libbing and giving jobs to unfunny hacks like Seth Rogan and James Franco.
>>
>>86145889
I learned this from RLMs Ghost Busters Mr Plinkett review too!
>>
File: image.png (199KB, 425x425px)
image.png
199KB, 425x425px
>>86146680
>this faggot in every thread whining about a video he clearly spent an hour of his life watching just to complain about it
>>
>>86145889
Visual comedy is dead in film & the biggest ones that do are awful sandler projects
>>
I hate him but he has a point. People always act like shitty dramas are so much more high brow just because a character dies at the end and makes them feel sad.
>>
>>86145013
Good comedy stands the test of time. Hollywood is far up thier own ass that 85% of everything needs to be an established ip for it work. Creativity in films are dying & writers are moving on where they can see what they write more often than tossed away from meddling hacks. Fucking appletop here is working on his netflix show. The quality of his movies have been going in a decline since the beginning.
>>
>>86145013
Isn't he the producer of Girls?
>>
File: 3434.jpg (42KB, 723x255px)
3434.jpg
42KB, 723x255px
what did he mean by that
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.