[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Samurai Kino

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2596.jpg (1MB, 2048x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2596.jpg
1MB, 2048x1024px
I'm looking for a list of the best Samurai movies, can you help me out /tv/?

I've already seen Throne of Blood, and Seven Samurai is already on my list
>>
>>86144545
I should probably make it more clear: I want to binge some Samurai movies, but I don't know which ones to start with
>>
ran, the last samurai, samurai x movies, harakiri
>>
File: The-Wolverine-movie-poster.jpg (280KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
The-Wolverine-movie-poster.jpg
280KB, 800x1200px
>>
Check out what Ctiterion has. They really love old Japanese period films. Good examples:
>Three Outlaw Samurai
>Harakiri
>Yokimbo/Sanjuro
>the Zatoichi series
Zatoichi isn't a samurai himself, but there's a revolving door of them. All 25 of the original run are decent to great.
>>
Samurai rebellion
Ran
7 samurai
13 assassins
>>
>>86145755
>13 assassins
The new one, I haven't seen the old one.
>>
Trying to mention ones that haven't already.

>The Samurai Trilogy
Musashi Miyamoto
Duel at Ichijoji Temple
Duel at Ganryu Island
Really classic epic samurai trilogy, the progression of Musashi's character across the three films is amazing.

>Lone Wolf and Cub series
Six trashy samurai b-movies. Endless blood means endless entertainment, these films are low brow but extremely enjoyable.

>The Sword of Doom
Incredible nihilistic anti-samurai film follows the exploits of an insane pyschopathic samurai. Some of the best samurai action in service of one of the bleakest stories.
>>
Shogun (TV Mini-Series 1980)
>>
>>86144545
the original Hara-Kiri is amazing
>>
File: Itsover.png (2MB, 1281x721px) Image search: [Google]
Itsover.png
2MB, 1281x721px
>>86144545
Watch Blade of the immortal, the live action.
>>
>>86146885
Sword of Doom is interesting because it's supposed they've the first part of a series, based off of a well known book. The character is supposed to come back around to redemption, but you know, in a later movie that was never made.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.