[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is there anything more of a meme than ambiguous endings?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1122563.jpg (28KB, 786x439px) Image search: [Google]
1122563.jpg
28KB, 786x439px
is there anything more of a meme than ambiguous endings?
>>
>>86143730
ambiguous gender
>>
>>86143765
FPBP
>>
Personally I love ambiguous endings or do I?
>>
File: 1501947436367.png (362KB, 536x614px) Image search: [Google]
1501947436367.png
362KB, 536x614px
>>86143765
>>
>>86143730

Only when done by Hacks like Nolan that make an ambiguous ending as a replacement for writing talent. I mean look at the difference between the ending of Mulholland Drive and Inception.
>>
>>86144175
last post best post
>>
>>86143831
You certainly love penis
>>
>>86143730
It's not ambiguous at all, maybe on the surface-level but that doesn't even matter.

You people care only about the simple narrative and plot point closures.
In the final scene Cobb spins the totem but he doesn't even look at it because he doesn't care, he just wants to be with his kids no matter is it real or not.
It's always the same unimportant questions, "who is the shooter" in The Hunt, "who sent the tapes" in Cache, "was it waterboarding or rape" in Sicario etc. If you asked any director these kind of questions they would be disappointed.
Tell me what changes if you know if everything was a dream or not? What knowledge do you get out of that fact?

Movies aren't puzzles which you have to put together in a certain kind of way to "get" them, that would be pretty shallow. Focus on why is something shown in that way rather than what it is.
>>
>>86144448
or do I?
>>
File: 2SGvl.gif (90KB, 400x273px) Image search: [Google]
2SGvl.gif
90KB, 400x273px
>>86144853
Your ambiguous neverending
>>
>>86144582
I like these kinds of endings if they're done well but I know quite a few people that always ask questions about everyone after watching a movie and think you need to have everything unambiguously spelled out for you or the movie is stupid. So even if the point of a scene like this isn't about the question the ending seems to raise they'll still want to know for sure and will dislike the movie if there isn't a concrete answer.
>>
>>86143730
>ambiguous
>inception
no it wasn't
>>
>>86144175

LYNCHED
>>
trollface or over 9000 probably
>>
>>86144582
damn thats a really great way of thinking about it. thanks anon ill try to keep that in mind
>>
>>86144582
You make a good point.
However, I didnt give two shits about Cobb. I wanted to know if the rest of his crew, which werent utter douchebags, were OK.
>>
>>86144175
> Hacks like Nolan
God, you people are the worst kind of egotistically vapid.

>>86144582
You'll all enjoy consuming art a hell of a lot more if you stop looking at it so goddamn one-dimensionally. Consider that people typically only do things if they've got a reason to do them. This holds true for any thoughtful artist, be it a painter or filmmaker or a novelist. Think about what the storyteller is showing and draw conclusions from that—don't go into it so jaded that you'll end up thinking in simple terms like people who honestly believe Nolan is a "hack."

In the end, you consume art for yourself. If you walk away having gained nothing, that's your own damn fault.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.