[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could a DragonBall film adaptation ever actually work?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: Dragonball.jpg.png (831KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Dragonball.jpg.png
831KB, 960x540px
Could a DragonBall film adaptation ever actually work?
>>
why don't you check the last 10 threads you made about this same subject
>>
>>86135081
I don't post on /tv/ typically, but this thread didn't really seem like an /a/ topic
>>
>>86135046
For it to work it'd have to have so much cgi it'd basically be a cartoon anyway. While a lot of shit is drawn out its also better suited for a TV show
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (278KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
278KB, 1920x1080px
>>86135046
It was kino
>>
>>86135115
fuck off mentally ill faggots
anime is for children and pedophiles fuck you
>>
Yes take the fights from Matrix Revolutions and Man of Steel and have the actors dress like DBZ dudes.

That would look stupid as shit irl though
>>
Why are you so obsessed with the idea of a live action dragonball movie? I swear I've seen a thread on this every day for the past week. It would never work. It would be ridiculous. Stop asking.
>>
>>86135046
Yes. But they have to make it an actual martial arts film with fantasy elements
Unironically, the Winter Soldier probably perfectly captures the tone they should aim for. But less faux-politics and instead colourful characters
It also needs to feel like an actual adventure
>>
get rid of the goblin looking white guy

goku is supposed to be a chill azn bro
>>
>>86135213
Go make another pickle Rick thread
>>
>>86135288
Because he works for a market research department at a studio and they're testing the waters to see if they can squeeze a cinematic universe out of this.
>>
File: American-psycho-bateman-1-.jpg (216KB, 590x322px) Image search: [Google]
American-psycho-bateman-1-.jpg
216KB, 590x322px
>>86135544
>>86135288
>>86135255
>>86135522
We should talk about this instead.
>>
File: jaffacalling.jpg (871KB, 1076x1600px) Image search: [Google]
jaffacalling.jpg
871KB, 1076x1600px
>>86135609
we should talk about the george zimmerman case
>>
>>86135544
Honestly this is more than likely what is happening
>>
>>86135544
>>86135718
Even if this kind of thing was actually happening, there's no way they'd go to 4chan to test their ideas.
>>
No, even if the cast was entirely Nips. The designs, story, and settings are too crazy to ever properly translate to live action.
>>
>>86135115
you said that last time too
>>
I think you could adapt Goku's child story but would need GOAT child actors.
>>
>>86135657
Is someone trying to flim flam the zim zam again?
>>
>>86135800
>Marketers...
>On my /tv/?
It's more likely than you think.
>>
>>86135800
You would be surprised. I once new someone who worked for market research, and a lot of times studios will go to sites like Reddit, Tumblr, etc to guage interest in a franchise. A specific example was during the development of Terminator Genesis. People were payed specifically to browse the Terminator subreddit and other fansites to find out what people liked about the franchise
>>
>>86135904
Prove it, big boy
>>
>>86136094
Reddit, I can understand, but not here. 4chan is too unchained.
>>
>>86136173
4chan is used too because it's 'uncensored'
Also, because it has such a wide reader-base (the majority of whom only lurk), it's a good place to try and advertise and build up artificial hype
>>
>>86135046
Why not? Just look how popular Iron Man and shit like that are. They just need to find the right actor for Goku.
>>
Dragon Ball probably wouldn't work as a film. The scope of the project would have to be far too big for a studio to risk it all on two child actor leads in Goku and Bulma.

Dragon Ball Z would have good potential though. I would part it out into a trilogy, with movie 1 being the Frieza saga, 2 being the Cell saga, and 3 being the Buu saga. Each would need to be a big Hollywood production, though (~150m budget, 200m if they use notable actors). If the right director would get on board I think it would be pretty good.
>>
>>86136927
This. the problem isn't that the material is unadaptable, it's that the required budget would be way more than what anyone would be willing to spend
>>
The Zod/Superman fight was basically live action Dragonball Z.

All they need is a big budget and a fairly faithful but succinct adaptation of the major arcs.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.