[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he terrible actor?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 2224486-jpg.jpg (193KB, 1353x2000px) Image search: [Google]
2224486-jpg.jpg
193KB, 1353x2000px
Do you think he is a terrible actor?
>>
>>86124337
i think he was pretty good in black hawk down and elizabethtown actually, he just has braindead roles most of the time
>>
>>86124399
>black hawk down
His quantity of that kino is shit.
>>
>>86124337
He's expressive, at least, but his most prominent roles are vanilla pretty boys.
>>
I realized this after watching the extras of potc 1. he had to like, to the same scene 4 times
>>
No matter the role he plays Orlando Bloom (including his debut as 'Rent Boy #1' in an Oscar Wilde biopic). Not a huge fan or actors who don't feel then need to even act.
>>
he has zero range. he can be decent in things that call for the literally one role he plays, but otherwise yes, he is a terrible actor
>>
I can't believe this mongrel was picked to play legolas.
>>
what a qt
>>
>>86124337
i wanna suck his dick lmao not gay
>>
>>86124337
I used to not mind him but I have recently come to realize that he's probably the worst professional actor I know of

He's just really really bad at acting

>>86124399
>Black Hawk Down

Are you fucking joking? He's in like two scenes and he's fucking terrible

>Sir I'm hear to join the marines!
Shut the fuck up Orlando Bloom
>>
>>86124337
He's a bland actor, but he works it the role is correct. His range is pretty limited.
>>
>>86124337
He was kind of blankly servicable as Legolas to where it wasn't offensive or terrible, and you still become fond of him, but he was hardly great.

He didn't convey elvish intelligence though. He always seemed one step *behind* everyone else, like his "A DIVERSION!" line.
>>
>>86125294
I tried to watch Fellowship again recently and I just couldn't bear Orlando Blooms delivery
Maybe he was supposed to sound like that maybe it was good in 99 I don't know but I couldn't handle it

>I'M A FUCKING ELF GUYS
>>
>>86125478
He just doesn't impart the kind of cerebral depth that an elf should have.

Like when they're in Fangorn and he's kind of 'feeling' the thoughts of the trees around him; Bloom's portrayal doesn't give a sense that Legolas is actually picking up on any of that. Seems like it's acted by some simpleton who can't quite imagine what such an experience would be like.

I guess that's what it comes down to. Bloom just seems like a vacant prettyboy. Probably a decent guy, but he doesn't give off any depth.
>>
Better haemorrhoids
>>
>>86125580
He definitely was the worst actor in LOTR. But I recall that he said in some interview, that Jackson told him to look "ethereal", so I guess that was what he tried to do.
>>
File: ial.jpg (172KB, 631x406px) Image search: [Google]
ial.jpg
172KB, 631x406px
>people picking on legolas

'no'
>>
>>86124733
Honestly couldn't remember the name of the guy in OPs pic was til I read this post. I even saw one of the Pirate movies not three days ago.
>>
>>86125861
My point though not that he shouldn't have looked ethereal, but that he SHOULD have been more ethereal but failed at it.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.