[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RLM

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (102KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
102KB, 1920x1080px
>saturated color is bad, desaturated gray messes are good
>flat angled, ill-framed stage-lit shots are "stylish"
>marvel movies are consistently good
>ghost busters is one of the greatest movies of all time
>the force awakens was good in any way
>clearly satirical elements go over my head
>walking cartoon caricature archetypes are "developed"
>nu80s and 80s throwbacks are good
>emotion is hammy and contrived
>sarcasm and snark is good and smart
>CGI is objectively bad and practical effects are objectively better regardless of its use
>Quentin Tarantino is a good director, and not a thieving tv-tier hack
>if its ironic crap it's good!
>>
>bill murray sucks because he stopped a ghost busters 3 from being made even though you stated that ghost busters 2 was horrible and there never needed to be a sequel
>>
File: 1446591300887.gif (3MB, 300x236px) Image search: [Google]
1446591300887.gif
3MB, 300x236px
>quips inserted into serious scenes that completely break any of the tension are terrible!
>except when it's in a marvel movie
>>
>Daisey Ridley is charismatic and Kristin Wiig is funny.
>>
>>86114886
daisy ridley is charismatic
>>
>>86114177
I think the reasoning is that, due to Murray holding out so long, it ruined the chance of a good GB III being made years earlier.
>>
File: 59935107_p77_master1200.jpg (110KB, 841x525px) Image search: [Google]
59935107_p77_master1200.jpg
110KB, 841x525px
>>86115030
>Daisey Ridley is charismatic
>>
>>86114121
ya they're pretty big faggot manchildren hypocrites alright
>>
File: 1501396226136.jpg (46KB, 750x573px) Image search: [Google]
1501396226136.jpg
46KB, 750x573px
>This Heat and Spy were enjoyable movies
>>
>>86114121
>flat angled, ill-framed stage-lit shots are "stylish"
If you're quoting their GotG review, then you're a dunce since those movies are easily the most interestingly shot MCU film.
>>
>>86114363
At least Marvel has semi-competent directors that allow for a joke to occur naturally rather than having memers ad lib for 40 mins per scene.
>>
There were several times in this review where I thought "You mean just like in The Force Awakens?" after hearing critiques that he faulted the movie for having, but can't remember if he let them slide for TFA.

Really made me think.
>>
>>86114886
Kirstin Wiig is funny. Ever seen Welcome to Me or MacGruber?
>>
was kind of hoping it wasn't a ghostbusters review
>>
>>86114121
Why are you trying to shill RLM to me? They're full of shit outside of your cherrypicked high points.
>>
>>86115278
I haven't seen Spy but The Heat is an enjoyable movie
>>
>unironic effort post

I don't understand RLM. Particularly Mike. Is the jaded, cynical, darkly-humorous, alcoholic bully all just an act? It doesn't line up with his objectively pleb taste in just about everything. Just finished watching the Ghostbusters 2016 Plinkett review and it reinforced this idea and felt like a cash grab/clickbait thing a year after the fact. They did fine with their first two videos on it and in this he had nothing new or particularly interesting or witty to say. Ghostbusters '16 has a ton of controversy around it, they got a shitload of views for their videos on it, and any new Plinkett will also get a shitload of views so I feel like that was essentially the only reason this was made. And it sucked. 58 minutes of lazy, rehashed, obvious and unfunny commentary.

Overall, the best comedic RLM moments in the past have come almost entirely from Mike, but only Jay seems to have actually decent taste and a serious interest in film. Rich I'm 50/50 on since he seems legitimately cynical and absolutely never makes excuses for garbage films like the others do, but at the same time he is actually invested in caring about capeshit at age 41. As for Josh and Jack, who cares, they have contributed nothing of value ever.

I feel like Mike is a literal pleb just playing a dark character for laughs (not just Plinkett, but himself in everything he's ever appeared in) whereas the rest of the crew is more or less genuine.
>>
>>86115364
She was dead weight in MacGruber. Just like she was on SNL.
>>
>>86115364
>xx chromosone
>funny
>>
>>86115439
The Heat was garbage the tried too hard.
>>
>>86115439
>>86115278
The Heat was awful, Spy was alright though - even if that had more to do with the supporting characters.
>>
>>86115447
I think this movie didn't really need another review since their HitB pretty much hit most of the points. It was an unfunny movie with weird comedy beats and a paper thin story that flopped despite a pretty decent cast. You don't really need to go on about product placement from Sony since they nailed it in the Jack and Jill review (though I do like seeing how all this hack fraudery connects behind the scenes). I did enjoy their edits of some scenes to make certain jokes actually land, but that didn't really warrant its own episode. The Star Wars and Trek Movies were close to Mike and within his expertise so you felt it emanating from the plinkett review, but I don't think he really gave a shit about this movie one way or another. He should have focused more on how improv comedies still require a director to wrangle it all in and how a loose hand leads to floppy scenes, like how the Star Wars reviews basically were about Lucas and what happens when you give up story for CGI effects and loose-fitting ideas.
>>
>>86115447
I think Mike just fed off the cynicism of Rich for a while but came to a cross roads where he just stopped caring or perhaps in the process of trying to be a bridge between the average viewer and film buff he became complacent feeling he didnt need to over analyze anymore and just shrugged bad movies off saying "whatever its fine" idk.
>>
>>86115447
I agree that this one wasn't as entertaining as a lot of his other videos, but I feel like it's important for people to see the shittiness and laziness involved in making these kinds of films.
rlm filmed weddings, they're not actually plinketts.
>>
>>86114177
Mike said that the first Ghostbusters was a lightning in a bottle movie.

Then he proceeded to complain how Bill Murray didn't understand the movies and how it was his fault that a Ghostbusters 3 was never made.

Mike is retarded.
>>
>>86116192
Mike also said in the first Ghostbusters review that Murray was the slacker of the bunch who didn't even really understand the movie they were making and just showed up and said dry, witty lines on camera. Mike credits Reitman, Aykroyd, and Ramis with making the movie great.
>>
>>86114121
>>the force awakens was good in any way
was better than the prequels, that is good in some way so your point is wrong
>>
>>86116251

Sure, but Ghostbusters 2 sucked ass and and considering that he thinks that the first movie was a lightning in a bottle occurence, it makes no sense to say that Bill Murray is an asshole for saying no to another sequel.

Seems like Bill Murray understood how another sequel would not have worked.
>>
>>86115152
>charisma is a visual trait
>>
>>86114121

Is this the "make points opposite to what they have said" thread?
>>
>>86114121
Do you always get this butthurt when someone has opinions that don't completely align with your own?
>>
>>86115364
>Welcome to Me is funny
go back to your alcoholics anonymos meeting mike
>>
>>86114121
So much of this is wrong. What crawled up your butt and died?
>>
>>86114121
T.paul fieg
>>
>>86114363
Is this bait? Jay specifically complained about quips ruining tense moments in GotG2.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.