[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 3

File: cmq.jpg (172KB, 1250x1600px) Image search: [Google]
cmq.jpg
172KB, 1250x1600px
>Stephen Lang will be the main villain for all four Avatar sequels
http://ew.com/movies/2017/08/08/stephen-lang-villain-avatar-sequels/
>>
How, shot in the heart and lungs with poison arrow, left to suffocate, like what?
>>
>>86099590
If you got the tech to make a complete copy of an animal, you most likely got the tech to do the same to humans or at least heal them from ground zero.
>>
>>86099540
>implying anyone gives a shit about Avatar anymore

For a movie that made all that money, it sure as hell has had little to no cultural impact
>>
>>86099590

the mini-boss bald villain is coming back too despite getting crushed to death

i guess the plot revolves around them being resurrected by pandora's tree ethernet the same way jake was at the end of the first movie. or else they have clones back on earth or something
>>
>>86099702
It kickstarted the "3D" spam that every movie after it had, and still has, the fuck are you smoking.
>>
File: ANGRY PEPE.png (307KB, 600x545px) Image search: [Google]
ANGRY PEPE.png
307KB, 600x545px
Looks like I'm going to be even more villain positive in the sequels then. Fuck those blue fags HUMAN LIFE IS THE ONLY LIFE THAT MATTERS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>86099540
Nice to see they realised he was the only good thing about Avatar.
>>
>>86099737
So it's only influence is making movies shittier.

Thanks, Jim.
>>
accordign to fluff. there are a dozen spaceships that travel back and forth between earth and pandora. the trip takes 6 years one way. which means there is a ship arriving once a year.

the ship that is carrying all the miners, soldiers, and scientists that were deported will take 6 years to get back to earth and tell earth what happened. in the meantime there will be 6 ships full of more soldiers, miners, and scientists arriving at pandora. then another 5 ships arriving at pandora before the first ship can be loaded up with soldiers and a clone of Colonel Miles Quaritch and arrive at pandora.

the first ship sent to pandora with the knowledge of the fall. will likely be a all soldiers and have heavy weapons and proper air support and ground vehicles. they might also just decide to bombard pandora from orbit using asteroids local to the star system. the blue cats and their humana allies barely won against a glorified security company. a proper military operation, even with out orbital bombardment, will be the end for the blue savages.

now if you really wanted to crush the resistance. you would seed pandora will genetically engineered algae, moss, lichens, and plants. which would eat the excess CO2 and make the atmosphere earth like. collapsing the pandora biosphere.
>>
>>86099540
im FUKKEN SOLD

he was the best and only good part about that movie
>>
who cares, more quaritch is good for the series
>>
Will Abatap come back and save /tv/?
>>
>>86099540
Who cares? Avatar was garbage.
>"omg so creative"
>Earth animals with an extra pair of legs
>"wow groundbreaking"
>literally pocahontas
>"amazing cgi"
>aged worse than 80s TV movies

Face it. It's a shit movie and the only reason people went out to see it is because of marketing.
>>
>>86099540
Ah, so this is why all the plebs were bitching that this guy should play Cable. I can see why he didn't. Why would he want to semi-typecast himself? Why would the people making Deadpool 2 want to use a guy who would just remind people of another, inferior franchise?
>>
I have never successfully made it all the way through Avatar. I have tried at least six different time and I always turn it off because it's so bad.

The story is bad.
The acting is bad, because actors are talking to nothing at all and none of them are good enough to use their imagination.
The SFX are ok, but I need more than that to enjoy something. Especially if the rest of the movie is this BAD.
>>
So James is doing the same mistake the Wachowskis did on the Matrix: sticking to the same villain even though he was vanquished in the first movie.
>>
>>86099540
No one gives a shit about these anti-human, pro native American propaganda
>>
How many people have rewatched Avatar recently since it came out on theater?
Its honestly aged so poorly
>watched it in theater
>hey the memes were right this is basically Pocahontas but with smurfs, but its alright flick I guess, looks nice

>rewatch it couple months ago with a bunch of people
>its hilariously bad
>incredibly easy to take the piss out of
>fucking die laughing at how shit it is
>>
>>86104916
but anon muh trees
>>
>>86101538
or you could, given those things travel at significant fractions of c just toss all your garbage out the window mid travel and watch it impact the planet with extinction levels of strength
>>
>>86099540
*hero
>>
File: Isv.jpg (379KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Isv.jpg
379KB, 1920x1080px
>>86101538
the human tech in this flick is the only thing that made it watchable
>>
>>86103707
It was barely watchable in IMAX. I pity anyone who tries to do so without the shit 3D gimmick.
>>
>>86099540
Why do movie studios fucking give away information like this these days? Cant we just fucking go into a film with a clean slate anymore?
>>
>>86099540
>"villain"
>>
lol he's gonna be like 75 in the last movie
>>
>>86099540
Did literally nothing wrong, not a villain.
>>
>>86099737
As if 3D is at all relevant
>>
>>86099737

That is true but it still has no cultural legacy. Ask a stranger on the street a question about Avatar compared to say Jurassic Park or ET or The Matrix.
>>
>>86101538
they wouldn't dare bomb or bombard the planet

you're forgetting about unobtainium which i if i recall, is a very potent energy source

a) you'd fuck up potential mining spots
b) you'd possibly blow up the fucking planet
>>
>>86106363
lmao are you retarded?
>>
>>86106499
thanks for the rebuttal with no substance

again its been a while since i watched the movie, what is wrong with my theory if i was correct that unobtainium is potentially potent at exploding?
>>
>>86106543
>>86106363
fuck me i used the same adjective twice in different forms
whatever i just came back from work
>>
>>86106543
I'm pretty sure it's just a rock m8
they want it because it's a potent superconductor or some shit
>>
>>86099540
>having a "villain"
Movie confirmed trash
>>
Nega navi confirmed for sequel
body dies and becomes a smoke monster for following movie
His consciousness uploads into earth ships and now hes an evil robot version of himself.
>>
>>86106614
>>86106499
http://james-camerons-avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Unobtanium
>Humans mined unobtanium to save the Earth from its energy crisis; bluntly put, they need the mineral for their survival. It is extremely valuable to the human race.
>The value and mining and process of the mineral was the primary cause for the poor state of human and Na'vi relations, and it only worsened as the years progressed.

I was right. It's a very potent energy source, and it probably powers all their spaceships.
>>
>>86099737
I haven't chosen to watch a movie in 3D at the theatre in probably 5 years
>>
There actually is a in-universe reason for why they can't bomb the shit out of Pandora. Basically, politics and PR. Pandora apparently is really popular among the population on Earth (as there are people that have spent their entire lives without ever seeing a tree) and thus the governments made things really hard for any corporation mining there.
>>
>>86107121
Unobtanium is a room-temperature superconductor.

Which is something that would make industrial and scientific progress advance tremendously if found.
>>
>>86099540
I am ready for underwater kino.
>>
Guys, what if he is Quaritch's twin brother? That would be so stupid, I kinda expect it.
>>
>>86106363
Unobtanium is a super conductor. It allows for economical fusion reactors and even anti matter spaceship drives.

They were already strip mining. So orbital bombardment would not he an issue.
>>
>>86099702
>For a movie that made all that money, it sure as hell has had little to no cultural impact
This is a good thing. You really want to see Avatar watch parties at your local pub?
>>
>>86102697
>the only reason people went out to see it is because of marketing
How to spot a pleb 101

The movie made as much as it did because of word of mouth you retard.
>>
>>86107468
He's an avatar you idiots.
>>
>>86099540
that's too bad. he was a terrible campy actor and shitty villain
>>
>>86099702
>>86101122
>>86102697
>>86104916
>>86106153
get back to /r/movies
>>
>>86105130
But you want to mine the high temp superconductors on it. Vaporizing the planet would likely complicate things somewhat. Merely sterilizing it with nukes or asteroids would leave the unobtanium intact.
>>
>>86107121
>energy source
Fucking brainlets, jesus. Is the steel used in your radiators a heat source? Is the copper wiring in your home an electric generator? Room temp superconductors make a whole bunch of different energy sources plausible and economic, among a shitload of other things. But they're not a power source themselves.
>>
>>86099540

I feel like avatar missed the boat waiting this long for a sequel, people wont give a shit anymore.
>>
Did people actually commit suicide after watching this movie because they knew they could never live in Pandora?
>>
>>86099590
He was the first human abatar controlling himself
>>
if you didnt like Avatar you might be a redditor
>>
>>86111851
and people like you said Trump wouldn't win
>>
>>86112086
I liked it better the first time when it was called Pocahontas
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.