[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I a pleb for not liking it? I mean I definitely understand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4839.jpg (28KB, 266x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4839.jpg
28KB, 266x375px
Am I a pleb for not liking it? I mean I definitely understand the cultural significance and the animation is absolutely stunning but I just found it a chore to sit through. Some of the ideas were really cool but kind of bored me in execution
>>
>>86093126
It helps if you've read the manga. As good as the film is it just can't cover enough ground in two hours to be fully-comprehensible vs a 2,500 page comic.
>>
>Am I a pleb for not liking it?
Yes, consistently redditors and other plebs find it boring
>>
>>86093126
>Am I a pleb for not liking it?

Absolutely.
>>
>not liking entry level japshit

you could be a pleb, but not liking Akira is not evidence of that
>>
It's a garbage /v/eddit flick so no
Only the most entry level mongrel from /b/ that thinks battle royal and oldboy are the height of foreign "cinema" likes hogwash like this
>>
>>86093126
I bet you think Blade Runner is boring too.
>>
I usually don't give a fuck about subs vs dubs (watched the dub and was perfectly fine with it) but the subbed version is legitimately much better.
>>
>>86093126
The plot and characterization was pretty weak since they crammed a pretty lengthy manga into 2 hours but the art style and animation was top notch
>>
File: 1466702294365.png (3MB, 749x2209px) Image search: [Google]
1466702294365.png
3MB, 749x2209px
No you're fine.
>>
>>86093126
I would not say it's boring and I do like it, but it's a bit of a mess and at times it's more a videoclip than a movie.
>>
>>86093340
I'll bet you felt really smart posting this
>>
>>86093363
I watched the dub. Thought it was ok but maybe I'll give it a rewatch with the subs
>>
>>86093666
Yeah it's honestly a lot easier to understand what the fuck is happening with the subs, at least for me.
>>
>>86093666
Satan confirms all the dubs for this film are awful.

As an aside, from first-hand experience I can tell you Akira is basically forgotten in Japan. It and Otomo still have a huge following with people who were young in the early 80's and went through their adolescence/young adulthood with it but it definitely hasn't crossed the generational divide like it has here in the West. I suppose that's fitting given the protagonists would have taken tyre irons to the Japanese youth of today, shallow hyper-materialist trend-chasing herbivores that they are.
>>
>>86094162
Cool story bro.
>>
>>86093126
KANEDAAAAAA
>>
>>86093126
I enjoyed every moment of it not for the manga or for the cultural significance so I guess it's just not the right movie for you
>>
>>86093126
Do you think you should like every single critically acclaimed film?
Because that literally means that you have no taste.

If you had any you would be aware that you can like a movie fully knowing it's flaws or dislike a critically acclaimed 10/10 movie while still being able to appreciate the redeeming factors in it.
I don’t particularly enjoy films by Tarkovsky but I would be a complete moron if I would say that his films are bad just because I don’t like them.

Maybe try watching it again in a few years if you really want to like it.
>>
>>86093340
>>86093386
Reminder this is the same anon.
>>
>>86093340
what movies do you like?
>>
>>86093126
No, you're not. Akira is a complete mess, nothing makes any sense and the manga's been cut and diced up.

It looks good and it sounds good.
>>
>>86096173
This. I've never read the manga but I feel like the part when they show the scientists experimenting on the little kids should've been longer than a 30 second glance over
>>
>>86093126
The AKIRA movie isn't good for its story, only the animation.
The movie was produced before the source material was complete so it's not fully developed, and skims over a lot.
>>
>>86094454
TETSUOOOOO
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.