[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will IT be shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: It_(2017)_logo.jpg (59KB, 220x330px) Image search: [Google]
It_(2017)_logo.jpg
59KB, 220x330px
How terribly is this movie going to flop (critically speaking)?

https://youtu.be/G4ksxP-AynM

Looks like shit, the script is clearly adults writing how they think children talk, the scares are completely stupid, and the cg looks like fucking shit (really you guys had to use fucking cg for a balloon?)
>>
UOGH WAH AAH AAH AAH
GET UP, COME ON GET DOWN WITH THE SICKNESS
>>
>>86092751
dunno honestly. I kinda want it to be good since let's be honest here, the original tv two-parter wasn't that well-made. Tim Curry was the only god-tier thing in it and the horror scenes with him were great, but take that away and it was fairly cheesy with awful special effects. I still like it, but it's mostly nostalgia talking. That's why I'm trying to give the new once a chance (even if their Pennywise looks like shit).
>>
File: Capture+_2017-08-08-10-13-42.png (2MB, 1438x2259px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2017-08-08-10-13-42.png
2MB, 1438x2259px
>>86092971
I wanna like it to, and I like the new Pennywise design. But its being written by the same hack who wrote all the pic related shit.
>>
>>86092751
>balloon floats in
>explodes with blood
>pennywise is standing behind it
Jesus christ that was fucking retarded. It actually made me cringe
>>
>>86093103
To be fair that looks like starter b movies (muschetti isn't very old I think, 27?) And we haven't even seen three of them yet. Everyone has to start somewhere.
>>
It's almost correct, but it plays IT as so desperate to be scary that it becomes ineffective

Also, it has this focus on the "scary clown" jumping out at the audience that's really cringe inducing
>>
>>86093391
The funny shit is it's in character and in line with the book, so who is in the wrong here.
Don't forget penny turned into a giant bigass bird that really didn't look remarkably scary- it was just big and smelled kind of bad. He also turned into a 60 ft Paul Bunyan statute and called Richie a bitch.
>>
>>86092751
Is the one kid with the huge glasses from stranger things, the kid that kissed eleven?
>>
>>86093542
Stephen King is a hack who can conjure up good concepts. IT is worth doing a movie, but the further they can get from King's writing, the better
>>
>>86093634
Yes, he's cool
>>
File: pennywise.jpg (127KB, 752x582px) Image search: [Google]
pennywise.jpg
127KB, 752x582px
*trying to escape the sewer scene starts*
>>
>>86092751
Who does the faggy "this is pisswater" kid remind me of? Is he someone's son?
>>
>Amerishart horror monster
>lives in sewer

huh makes you think
>>
>>86093716
>child actor
>massive "im a cool guy, look how cool i am" complex
>cant really act that well and wont get much work after puberty
Lol Im willing to bet that this kid is going to be a trainwreck of drugs and alcohol when he gets older
>>
>>86093906
He's actually cool unlike Millie
>>
I'm concerned about all the jump scares and edgy skipped-frame editing. That's not what IT is about.
>>
>>86093855
Perhaps your wife's?
>>
>>86093673
This. It's a great concept but the execution is rather poor. But the guy who directs it is obviously not Kubrick, so I don't have any expectations.

The only thing I liked about the trailer were the sewers. It's just a cool, creepy location.
>>
>>86093103
Annabelle Creation had 100% for a while didn't it?
>>
>>86093103
Dauberman is not the sole writer of this movie, he rewrote a script from Fukunaga and Palmer
>>
>>86094511
Which is even worse.
>>
>>86094424
I'm glad he's not Kubrick. Glad it's not Fukunaga either.
>>
>>86092751
>nothing good for it to blatantly copy except the source material

Could be good
>>
>>86094636
So you want a mediocre/bad Hollywood horror movie? The second trailer was awful.
>>
>>86094609
Have you read the leaked scripts? They're pretty shit in some places
>>
>>86094636
>I'm glad he's not Kubrick
Kubrick would fuck up it but the shining was a direct improvement.
>>
>>86094732
No I want someone faithful to the book (not Kubrick) and someone who isn't going to do a bunch of retarded edgy shit for the sake of shock n awe (Fukunaga).

>>86094820
I'm not saying Kubrick is bad at all, he paved the way for a lot of great cinematic techniques (I think there's an entire way of using a camera called the kubrick method or something because of The Shining). I just want something that sticks close to the book and uses material from it. It's a 44 hr long book, it's not like you have to really think about what you WANT in the movie. Plenty of its own fucked up shit to pick from, too.

>>86094782
Not that anon, but the only script I read was the 2014 Fukunaga/Palmer one and it made me glad he's not working on it anymore.
>>
https://www.instagram.com/p/BVZ-OgTF8Np/?hl=en

Ahh the soundtrack is going to be fun.
>>
>>86092751
Its certainly hard to be optomistic about this movie
>>
No. Not if you read the book.
>>
Is the orgy confirmed?
>>
IT is a flawed premise, and the ending leaves an awful taste in the mouth.

Stephen King is an awful writer who can't end a book to save his life. He actively hates movies like the Shining because they take his books, throw out the shit, and change the ending into something that isn't complete shit.
>>
IT DOESN'T SMELL LIKE CACA TO ME SENOR
>>
>>86096718
I don't think the directors for the 90s miniseries even liked the turtle/spider/chud thing. I'm glad they're not even going to attempt that route in this new adaptation.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.