[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a cancelled movie you'd really like to have seen?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 7

>>
>>86088478
>Timothy Dalton's GoldenEye
>Rendezvous with Ramna
>The original Game of Death before Bruce Lee died
>American Godzilla 1994
>The original Jurassic Park 3
>>
capeshit but jimmy camerons spiderman

also jimmy c's battle angel
>>
>>86088478
>unironically using the term capeshit on twitter
>being on twitter in the first place

drink bleach
>>
>Black Water Transit
While Tony Kaye, the controversial director once pushed off production of American History X, directed Black Water Transit, his volatile behavior is not the reason why you’ve never heard of it. An adaptation of the novel of the same name by Carsten Stroud, Black Water Transit tells the story of a shipping executive who gets caught up in a federal investigation centering on an illegal firearms dealer in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. Featuring a cast that included Laurence Fishbourne and Karl Urban, the film was described as a Die Hard-esque thriller.

Black Water Transit was reported to have screened at the 2009 Cannes Film Festival. Unfortunately, a seemingly never-ending stream of litigation has kept this one at bay. With lawsuits being thrown left and right, the most recent being in May of 2016, it is unlikely that audiences will see a cut of this film any time soon.

>The Day the Clown Cried
The Day the Clown Cried is an unreleased 1972 American drama film directed by and starring Jerry Lewis. It is based on a script of the same name by Joan O'Brien, who had co-written the original script with Charles Denton ten years previously.The film was met with controversy regarding its premise and content, which features a circus clown who is imprisoned in a Nazi concentration camp. Lewis has repeatedly insisted that The Day the Clown Cried would never be released because it is an embarrassingly "bad work" that he is ashamed of.
>>
Why would I care about what some fuckface from /tv/ posts on twitter kys
>>
Quentin Tarantino's James Bond.
>>
Paul Walker as Hitman
>>
>>86088634
That Justice League movie with Armie Hammer as Batman.
>>
day the clown cried
>>
The original, 400 page script The Dark Knight Rises.

Imagine the bravonolanity.
>>
>>86088478
Tom Cruise's Iron Man
James Cameron's Spider-Man
>>
File: turbonegro_copenhell_01.jpg (145KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
turbonegro_copenhell_01.jpg
145KB, 1280x853px
Jodorowskys Dune. It would have realistically been terrible but I think a good kind of terrible.
>>
>>86088634
Original JP3?
>>
>>86089877
What were the main differences?
>>
>>86088478
I'm slowly cultivating that hairstyle desu
>>
>>86088478
Del Toro's At the Mountains of Madness
>>
>>86089951
There was a totally different script that got scrapped at the last minute after sets and props had already been built.
>>
>>86089999
For one it was ~400 pages long, and the movie is 2 hr 45 min, which adds up to about ~150 pages of script (I think).

Here are some differences I remember hearing:

>no Selina Kyle (Catwoman)
>Masketta Man had a ton more screen time and was full-on Deadshot
>Black Mask was in it (maybe I really don't know)
>CIA actually shots a man before throwing him out of a plane
>CIA was supposed to be Deathstroke apparently

Everything else is speculation.
>>
>>86090200
Most of this is lies.
>>
Darren Aronofsky's Batman: Year One
>>
Thomas and the Magic Railroad 2
>>
The original plot for Scream 3. I admit that Scream 3's premise was interesting over how it explored Sidney's mom and the meta commentary of the 3rd part of a trilogy.
>>
File: 1442157170264.png (45KB, 1140x798px)
1442157170264.png
45KB, 1140x798px
not cancelled but the original cut of Legion (Exorcist III)

FUCK Morgan Creek Productions
>>
>>86088663
>capeshit but jimmy camerons spiderman

This would have been the first bad Cameron movie.

>also jimmy c's battle angel

Now this on the other hand would have been absolute kino.
>>
Del Toro's Justice League Dark.
>>
>>86089808
This
>>
>>86089951
>The film's second script involved Pteranodon escaping from Isla Sorna and causing a spate of mysterious killings on the mainland, which was to be investigated by Alan Grant and a number of other characters including Billy Brennan, a naturalist named Simone, a tough military attaché, wealthy Paul Roby, and Roby's teenage son Miles. Grant's group crash-lands on the island, while a parallel investigation is being carried out on the mainland. The aviary sequence and laboratory set piece were initially much longer and more complex, including Velociraptor stealthily entering the hatchery as the team spends the night there. Sets, costumes, and props were built for this version

>Five weeks before filming began,[5] Johnston and Spielberg rejected the entire script as they were dissatisfied with it; $18 million had already been spent on the film at that time.[25] Johnston felt that the script's story was too complicated.[14] The simpler "rescue mission" plot, which had been suggested by David Koepp, was used for the film instead.[5][14] Alexander Payne and Jim Taylor began rewriting the script in July 2000.
>>
>>86091512
This. Is Ron Perlman still attached to play Swamp Thing?
>>
>>86088478
Paul verhoeven's Crusades movie staring arnold schwartzenegger

Come to think of it, there are a lot of cancelled arnie movies from the late 90s like that apes movie and omega man, the latter was supposed to be directed by Michael bay
>>
kinda going along the lines of this anon >>86091709
apparently Die Hard was meant to be Schwarzenegger instead of Bruce Willis.
Would give my right nut to see prime Arnie go "Yippee ki-yay, motherfucker!".
Die Hard as it is, is pretty damn close to a perfect action movie, with Arnold it would have been perfect
>>
File: commando-1.png (256KB, 620x335px) Image search: [Google]
commando-1.png
256KB, 620x335px
>>86093424
Fun fact, the sequel to the novel that Commando is based on is what was eventually adapted as Die Hard. Matrix and McClane are in a way the same character.
>>
>>86088478
Based jake
>>
>>86088478
Cary Fukunaga's IT
>>
The Magnificent Ambersons
>>
David Lynch's Ronnie Rocket
>>
Amazing Spiderman 3. The shouldn't have just left a cliffhanger with the last one.
>>
>>86088478
Del Toro's Haunted Mansion. I guess technically it isn't canceled, but it's been in development hell for like what, 8 years? I'd love to see how he would have interpreted the world.
>>
>>86091531
No wonder JP3 is so forgettable and bland.
>>
>>86096000
Dude, look into the leaked Sony emails of what the third one would have been like; Norman Osborn's preserved head would be enough to bring him back to life, Gwen Stacy would have been cloned.

It would be the biggest shit fest... I wish we had got it.
>>
>>86090200
source?
>>
Double V Vega
>>
>>86096118
>Gwen Stacy would have been cloned.
God damn it. I hated that bitch enough to the point where I was glad that she died. I still would have wanted to see it though. I just wanted Dr. Octopus to show up.
>>
>>86089808
People bitch about JL coming out without having introduced Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg, and you want a movie were none of the heroes has been introduced at all? It would have been shit, dude.
>>
>>86096139
kek you actually believe him? How do you even function in real life without getting ripped off every second?
>>
Body horror Fantastic Four
>>
James Cameron's Spiderman
The funniest thing is that It's basically what spider-man would've been if Raimi Posting was true
>The story climaxes with a battle atop the World Trade Center
>a villain who tempts Spider-Man to join a coming "master race" of mutants
>This "Electro" (named Carlton Strand, instead of Max Dillion) was a megalomaniacal parody of corrupt capitalists

>>86096118
>Gwen Stacy would have been cloned
wasn't this a plotline in the Ultimate spiderman comics?
I rememeber something about gwen being carnage too.
>>
>>86098058
Is that the one where he likens a character's actions to "Hopalong fucking Cassidy"?
>>
>>86098131
I don't know, its been a while since I read it
>>
>>86089930
This. Based Jodo
>>
>>86098058
The basic idea was that Peter would use the symbiote created by OsCorp to revive Gwen but it turns her into a monster and he has to stop her. Then Harry shows up and becomes Venom.

It was all very early stages, so it's kinda' unfair to judge. In the early stages of "Spider-Man 2" Doc Ock was gonna be a handsome young Chad scientist who fucks Mary-Jane.
>>
Mad Max 4 with Mel Gibson
>>
>>86098293
>The basic idea was that Peter would use the symbiote created by OsCorp to revive Gwen but it turns her into a monster and he has to stop her
yeah that sounds like they were pulling from the ultimate continuity.
>>
Terry Gilliam's Don Quixote
>>
File: plotinfo2.jpg (64KB, 720x480px)
plotinfo2.jpg
64KB, 720x480px
>>86088663
He's still producing Robert Rodriguez's Battle Angel.

>>86089808
Damn right, Armie said he stood 7 feet tall in the costume.

>David Cronenberg's Empire Strikes Back.
>David Lynch's Return of the Jedi.
>David Lynch's musical.
>Disney's The King of Elves
>Tron 3
But most importantly..
>One of the many versions of Terry Gilliam's Man Who Killed Don Quixote.
>>
>>86098632
>>David Cronenberg's Empire Strikes Back.
>>David Lynch's Return of the Jedi.

They were both approached and turned it down. There was no active involvement on their part.
>>
Ronnie Rocket
The slasher horror version of The Mask
Tim Burton's Dinosaurs Attacks!
Disney's Yellow Submarine remake
>>
File: George Funny.jpg (96KB, 600x800px)
George Funny.jpg
96KB, 600x800px
>>86088478
George Lucas' The Force Awakens.
>>
>>86099493

Are there any leaks about his script or ideas?

I am more interested in his take than Disneys by this point.
>>
>>86091389
Shout Factory put the director's cut on blu-ray last year. Although it's a bit rough, the never before seen footage they got their hands on is from old degraded VHS tapes.
>>
>>86088478
George Miller's Justice League and Mad Max with Heath Ledger
>>
>>86098323
Seeing Blood Father I would imagine the potential it would have with an old Max
>>
>>86096054
At least it's better than TLW.
>>
>>86088478
Zack Snyders version of Justice league
>>
Finchers true version of Alien 3
>>
>>86097879
>>86090999
No, but he is right about there being an original 400 page treatment, and the masketta man as Deadshot thing is partially true. Not sure about all the other "facts"
>>
>>86099630
Unfortunately not, if I had to guess I'd say Disney shredded all of Lucas' plans and burned the shreds as soon as they had their trilogy outlined.
>>
PTA's Pinocchio starring Robert Downey Jr
>>
>>86091531
I didn't hate jp3 it wasn't good but it wasn't horrible. Now I'm kinda mad bc this would have been fantastic.
>>
>>86088478

Are normalfags and hipsters really saying capeshit now?
>>
>mostly capeshit
Disgusting.

Probably Kubrick's Napoleon movie for me. Though he used a lot of the preliminary work he did for that on Barry Lyndon a few years later. Which I still haven't seen because I'm a pleb
>>
>>86101760
4chan is one of the biggest sites on the net and memes are pretty much the epitome of pop culture rn. You're not special in the sense of internet culture anymore, you're just a pathetic pale useless blob. you can change that tho.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.