[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where did the GRRM book material end in the TV series?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_9445.jpg (109KB, 500x272px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9445.jpg
109KB, 500x272px
Where did the GRRM book material end in the TV series?
>>
>>86077997
Beginning of Season 5? Coincidentally is when the writing turned sour
>>
File: 1338503520051.jpg (207KB, 500x510px) Image search: [Google]
1338503520051.jpg
207KB, 500x510px
The slippage started very early on desu.
>>
>>86077997
You really needed your own thread to ask this?
>>
When Jon Snow got shanked.
>>
>>86077997
Season 1 Episode 1 when they changed the motivation for Ned going to the capital.
>>
>>86078114
Jon should not have been revived. Nothing against the actor but Jon is literally a walking statue who expresses very little emotion.

I would have preferred to see Sam rise in a high place as he tries to tell people about the white walkers. They all laugh at him until the white walkers attack near the end.

And then we get no Dany/Jon which is fucking pathetic.

Hell D&D even wrote the line
>"We have united Fire and Ice."

Yes... THIS IS ACTUALLY SAID A COUPLE EPISODES AGO.

FOR FUCK SAKE
>>
The first 4 seasons were based directly on the books, though each season was a little less faithful than the last. Season 5 was probably half book, half original, and Season 6 was probably 1/4 books, 3/4 original, and what was in the books barely had anything in common with its depiction on screen. Season 7 is entirely new material.

So they started passing the books roughly around season 5.
>>
>>86077997
cuckitty cuck cuck cuck a fat jew who wrote about nothing but men getting their dicks chopped off gets a tv serioes... cuckitty cuck shouldnt surprise anyone... good stories and good writers are unheard of but JEWWY JEWSTEIN NEOPTISM MODE makes a shit bunch of incest/rape fantasy be a show.. ugly unattracitve fatass do nothing jews gonna jew.
>>
>>86077997
Remember the point between season 5 and season 6 where everything got stupidly simplistic and ridiculous? That's when.

Book currently:
>Aria is still at the faceless men temple
>Jon is still dead
>Sansa was never in the hands of the Bolton's
>Stannis is still alive
>Shareem is still alive
>Dany is still across the sea
>Rickon is alive
>Mance Rayder is alive
>tons of other people are alive
Basically everything that has happened in the last two seasons is made up. That's why it's not as good.
>>
>>86078321

>Basically everything that has happened in the last two seasons is made up. That's why it's not as good.

no that's not the reason, the real reason is, that the complex build-up of characters who we learned to love and root for just get removed from the show in 2 minutes.
>>
>>86078200
>we have united ice and fire
Jesus Christ, please save us from the taint-coke-snorting retard duo.
Are these fuckwits even thinking how lame this sounds?
>and it truly was a Game of Thrones
I'm waiting for this line to pop up.
Dabid I swear to fuck, take a look.
>>
>>86078426
I've always thought that GRRM intended fire and ice to be Jon Snow. He's Targaryen (fire) and Stark (ice). He's the chosen one who will be given a dragon by Dany and lead the armies of Westeros to victory against the night king. At least in the books. In the show they'll probably introduce a new black female lesbian SJW who will be the hero.
>>
>>86077997
end of s5, you can stop the difference easily, especial the danny story got so shitty it was nearly unwatchable.
>>
>>86078411
balhabalhabh

EVERYONE IS A DICKLESS, CRIPPLE, PRO INCEST, RAPE VICTIM, SLAVE TIER, ACCESSIBILITY OPTIONS LEVEL HANDICAPPED (NO HANDS/EYES/OTHER BULLSHIT), LITERAL PSYCHOPATH OR SOCIOPATHIC, OUTRIGHT LESBIAN, PHYSICAL DISFIGUREMENT, COMPLETE FUCK TARD: THE SHOW

you are literally watching feminist powerfantasy the series where literally less than 50% of all the cast does not have a dick. let that sink in.

when it does, realize GOT is cancer of the highest degree and shame anyone who watches this fucking anti-male filth.
>>
>>86078200

Yeah, jon adventures in book 2 and 3 were great but as a character he is way too stoic and boring as shit. There are much better and fun charcters.in asioaf
>>
>>86078039
still the hottest bitch on the show
>>
>>86078756
>muh dicks

stop being insecure, finocchio.
>>
>>86078013
This
>>
>>86078756

Do you think jorah lost his penis to grayscale? cuz I do
>>
as long as Jamie and the Hound are alive, I'm ok
>>
>>86077997
pretty sure the book material ended with season 2, that's when the show turned to BS with all the new directions that it took
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.