[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck society.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 8

File: a real man.jpg (60KB, 980x400px) Image search: [Google]
a real man.jpg
60KB, 980x400px
Fuck society.
>>
*dies*
>>
>>86077872
upvoted! XD
>>
>>86075119
yeah man fuck society. let's go on 4chan to share my ideas and feelings about society with society.
>>
>>86077930
Thanks for the gold kind sir!
>>
yea fuck that and shit
>>
deep...
>>
>>86077872
lmao EBIN post my dude
>>
>>86077872
ow the edge
>>
>>86077872
you have to go back
>>
Still makes me laugh thinking of how that guy died while on a trail that led to help. He could have just walked on that trail, found some other people or come across the ranger station stocked with food that was nearby.
>>
yeah whats the points of having societies or cooperating with other people for mutual benefit
>>
>fuck society
>also fuck maps that people who lived in the wild have used since the dawn of time
>die because you can't find the bridge that is just down the river

I liked both the movie and the guy but not knowing the fauna and bringing a map was full retard.
>>
>>86075119
fuck reddi/tv/
>>
>>86078330
OP is 17
>>
>>86078202
would that have been better though?

sure he didn't die a very pleasant death but he didn't want to live in society anymore so crawling back to it with the realization that he can't live outside of it either doesn't sound great. maybe dying out there was best for him after all.
>>
>>86075119
This was a good movie because of the characters he meets along the way, not because of him abandoning society. Yes, he was a fucking moron, but that doesn't make it a bad movie you bitter contrarian faggots.
>>
it's more a story about depression than anything
>>
>>86078094
>>86078132
>>86078175
(you)
>>
File: 1494473194966.jpg (39KB, 447x444px) Image search: [Google]
1494473194966.jpg
39KB, 447x444px
>>86075119
>FUCK SOCIETY!
>OH FUCK, I'M ABOUT TO DIE! PLEASE SOMEONE COME HELP ME
>*DIES*

And that's how his story ended.
>>
>>86075119
I had a neighbor in my old building who climbed his ladder while wearing crocs just to fix the lamp in his kitchen. the stupid fuck slipped and landed with his neck on the edge of the kitchen table. was in a coma for a year and died.

that's what I call a stupid careless death. deciding to go into the wild, knowing well it might kill you but risking it anyway seems fine by me.
>>
>>86078455
Yes. Not being dead is preferable over a lot of things. Reintegrating with society after having an experience that he clearly learned a lot from has value that would not be lost on him. He has a moment of realization and he accepted he fucked up, that was part of his tale.
>>
>>86078782
I honestly don't think he understood the risk when he went out.
>>
This movie would be better if not for the shitty Eddie Vedder ost. It literally changes the tone from 'look at this flawed but brave autist bringing his own demise' to 'he is the hero of our time lol'.

Also Cooper never gets his mind back.
>>
File: giphy (11).gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (11).gif
1MB, 480x270px
>>86078782

Every death is stupid when the person don't even want to die. My fathers friend sped on the highway with a motorcycle and almost died, he somehow survived just to climb up to fix the roof next year and fall to his death.
>>
Who will play him in the enevitable biopic?
>>
>>86078782
This. He knew what he was getting into, just like Timothy Treadwell. People call him stupid but that dude had spent the previous like 3 summers in that wilderness alone with those bears. He succeeded several times. He just had bad luck the last time, or it could be because that was the first time he took someone else with him and maybe that fucked them over.
>>
>>86078782
>>86078894
He knew what he was getting into? I think you idiots are forgetting the fact that he practically begged for help after he found out going out in the wild like that is not very fun. He was obviously extremely delusional about his abilities to survive the wild, that's not even a matter of dispute.
>>
>>86078782
>>86078894
He did NOT know what he was actually getting into. If he did he would've at the very least brought a map, which he vehemently refused to do. If he had 2 brain cells to rub together he would've hiked half a mile up the river and seen the trail and might had survived. What he did wasn't brave or daring, it was just retarded; bordering on suicidal.
>>
>>86078894

This post seems like borderline sarcasm. These guys wouldn't have died such ironic deaths if they were prepared. And as far as I know, the bearman ventured too far and was stupid enough to bring his girlfriend with him to meet one of the most horrifying deaths.

Bears like to start eating your groin area first and proceed into your intestines.

Both were probably depressed and delusional as shit. Wilderness is called wilderness for a reason. It's really unforgiving and you need to know your shit before you start doing deals with it.
>>
Has Emile Hirsch been involved in something that is actually kino?
>>
>>86078894
It was more that he had good luck the previous times. There was a trucker that saw what he was about to do, told him it was retarded and offered to buy him proper equipment but he just told him no.
>>
*tips fedora* the film
>>
>>86079924
>>86080327

That doesn't change the fact that he had done it before successfully. He clearly was doing something right before and just slipped up in some way the last time.
>>
>>86082140
no he got extremely lucky the times before.

if you've actually read the book, the documentation of his shit tier survival skills before is all there, he was actually kind of an idiot, and just got really, really fucking lucky and eventually it ran out
>>
>>86082167
You don't get "lucky" hanging around wild grizzly bears. Sorry.
>>
>>86082246
he really had no clue what he was doing
>>
>>86082246
What? It's entirely possible to be lucky enough that an animal just will decide not to fuck with you for a variety of reasons.
>>
>>86080244
Lords of Dogtown
>>
>>86075119
>can't take everyday pressures and runs away form his problems
That's not a man, that's an autistic manchild who could never mentally grow up
>>
>>86082271
>>86082294
The documentary shows clips of him warding off bears by scolding them like children.
>>
>>86082395
And?
>>
>>86082395
yeah you scream at them and hope they don't take the challenge. That doesn't mean he knew what he was doing you fucking autist.
>>
>>86082459
Interesting analysis, anon. I'm very interested in anything further you have to provide.
>>86082477
He did it for months.
>>
>>86082526
>Interesting analysis, anon. I'm very interested in anything further you have to provide.

What does him scaring off bears have to do with him not being lucky? The general advice is not to run from a bear, and to try to scare it away, if not to play dead. That hardly means he wasn't lucky.

There were multiple testimonies from experienced hikers and hunters who met with the guy and said he was totally clueless and unprepared for the places he went to.
>>
>>86082526
No he didn't. He did it a couple of times over the span of a few months. He wasn't encountering bears every day. Holy fuck you are literally goddamn retarded.
>>
>>86082583
Walk up to a grizzly bear and yell at it and see how long you live. He did it for months at a time without a scratch and there's no evidence that failing at that in particular is what killed him. They said he and his girlfriend (who was not with him in his previous outings) were attacked at their camp.
>>
>>86082618
You sound upset, anon.
>>
>>86082698
>Walk up to a grizzly bear and yell at it and see how long you live.
Probably have the same chances as trying to scold one.

What's your point?
Is your entire logic that he knew what he was doing because he didn't die to Grizzlies?

He ended up starving to death because he didn't have enough rations, couldn't hunt anything, and wasn't smart enough to bring a map.
>Gallien thought the hitchhiker’s scheme was foolhardy and tried repeatedly
to dissuade him: “I said the hunting wasn’t easy where he was going, that he
could go for days without killing any game. When that didn’t work, I tried to
scare him with bear stories. I told him that a twenty-two probably wouldn’t do
anything to a grizzly except make him mad. Alex didn’t seem too worried. Til
climb a tree’ is all he said. So I explained that trees don’t grow real big in that
part of the state, that a bear could knock down one of them skinny little black
spruce without even trying. But he wouldn’t give an inch. He had an answer for
everything I threw at him.”

the genius bear expert at work
>>
>>86082729
Well I'll be calmed down in a few moments but you're still be fucking stupid.
>>
>>86082698
Grizzly man stayed longer his last season than he usually does, and new bears he wasn't familiar with (who weren't familiar with him) started to appear at that time of the year. They were most likely very hungry as well since they were migratory.
One contributing factor might also be that he had a girl with him, and bears might be attracted by the smell of blood..
>>
>>86078894
I think the main issue with Treadwell is that he got another person and 2 bears killed with him, bears that he swore to protect and loved so much, if this isn't a grand fuck up in life I don't know what is. But then again, I'd do even more retarded shit if Werner were to do a documentary about me after my death. It evens out in the end.
>>
>>86082794
>he ended up starving to death

He was mauled by a grizzly bear.
>>
>>86082928
Fuck. I thought we were talking about Christopher McCandless. I'm a retard Anon go about your day.
>>
I did that for about 5 years after hs. It wasn't as hard as you would think, but I've been camping, fishing and hunting all my life. Then I got sick, made it back to 'civilisation' and found out I had kidney problems like my mom did before me. I need to stay in a city with a decent hospital now. It's a new experience since I've lived in a small coastal town all my life to this point.

Blog post over lol

Good movie though.
>>
>>86083020
Was it fun? Seems like it would get boring. What was going back to normal life like?
>>
File: 1471049746150.png (385KB, 671x461px) Image search: [Google]
1471049746150.png
385KB, 671x461px
>>86082863
Cheeky.
>>
>>86082928
wtf? I've been close to grizzlies a bucnh of times and they're scared little pussies with a big mouth. I've even been charged by one (stayed put and tried not to move), and he just stopped 10 feet before reaching me and ran away.
>>
>>86083098
They were really hungry apparently. He camped during the season when there was nothing for them to eat.
>>
>>86075119
I'd have to say, I sympathize with Chris McCandless's aversion to society and desire to be a hermit.... but the guy went about it COMPLETELY unprepared in the harshest uncompromising wilderness. He had no rations, he had no food plot, he had no greenhouse, he had no rod and real or animal traps, he had a gun but it was a .22, he had no knowledge of edible plants and poisonous ones, he didn't have an abundance of blankets and winter layers, and he just *lucked* into shelter which he may have never gotten

McCandless may have had the skill sets of someone who can hitchhike very successfully. Namely being charming and interesting enough that strangers are generous; offering food, shelter, rides, and temp work. But hitchhiker's survival skills are not the same as wilderness survival skills, particularly in a place like Alaska.

It's interesting as a cautionary tale... don't become a crazy wildman of the woods unless you're fully prepared for it.

The dude ate something poisionous and starved. He killed a moose (somehow with his .22) but only got a few meals before it spoiled because he didn't know how to correctly smoke it (even though he had an abundance of salt). When he was very starved and sick he tried to come back to civilization but a river that he forded on the way out was a raging deep and gushing white water rapids blocking the way.

Dude was a dumbass. Just because you're good at hitchhiking does not mean you can handle winter wilderness survival in Alaska. But I guess some guys want a heroic death.... he honestly couldn't have expected anything else with his lack of knowledge/preparation.

Had he had proper food reserves, a proper gun (with thousands of rounds), proper clothing/blankets, a rod and real, rabbit traps, and maybe a green house; he could do it.
>>
>>86083033
It was hard the first year (winter was the hardest because I was never sure if I could make it through it). After that it was alrihgt for 3 years until I got sick. It wasn't boring, since there is always something to do (cut wood, fish, dry meat, forage, etc.)

I must admit to taking the easy way ut and using a small yurt instead of making myself a cabin (would have been illegal anyway and I did meet some people over the years).
>>
dude fuck society but also fuck learning how to survive in the alaskan wilderness LMAO
>>
>>86083162
That makes sense. Yogi is an asshole when he's hungry.
>>
File: 1500161539847.jpg (20KB, 328x312px) Image search: [Google]
1500161539847.jpg
20KB, 328x312px
>>86083246
This, guy was a complete dumbass

>lemme go into one of the most inhospitable environments on earth without knowing anything about survival in the wilderness
>what could possibly go wrong?
>>
>>86083232
Oh, the worst thing was no coffee. Pine needles tea isn't even a decent substitute (and you have to be careful what kind of pine you take them from, some are slightly poisonous) and grounding roasted dandelion roots doesn't tase like coffee, no matter what most survival manuals tell you.

Also, tree bark CANNOT be boiled and eaten or eaten raw, you need to roast it and grind it. That thing is like fucking rubber. Survival manuals have lots of impractical stuff in them theat don't work in the real world.
>>
>>86083226
>>86083246
>>86083378

The worst part is the guy who he hitchhiked with go get there told him all of this, and offered to buy him a bunch of gear and he refused.

"Still, Gallien was concerned. Alex admitted that the only food in his pack was
a ten-pound bag of rice. His gear seemed exceedingly minimal for the harsh
conditions of the interior, which in April still lay buried under the winter
snowpack. Alex’s cheap leather hiking boots were neither waterproof nor well
insulated. His rifle was only .22 caliber, a bore too small to rely on if he expected
to kill large animals like moose and caribou, which he would have to eat
if he hoped to remain very long in the country. He had no ax, no bug dope, no
snowshoes, no compass. The only navigational aid in his possession was a
tattered state road map he’d scrounged at a gas station.

Gallien offered to drive Alex all the way to Anchorage, buy him some decent
gear, and then drive him back to wherever he wanted to go.
“No, thanks anyway,” Alex replied, “I’ll be fine with what I’ve got.”
>>
>>86078455

are you retarded?
>>
Is it true that if you go and suck a guys cock out there his ghost appears and reads you his pretentious poetry?

HOW FUCKING DUMB ARE AMERIKEKS IF THIS GUY WAS THE TOP OF SCHOOL AND COLLEGE? oh im laffin at your inferiority
>>
>>86083460
Sounds like he just wanted to go kill himself in nature but got sick and died before making an hero.
>>
>>86083246
>>86083378

dude i missed the point LMAO

do you people really think you are being original with these opinions? it gets posted in every single thread
>>
>>86083524
thank god these get posted every thread because that's the most important thing to take away from the story
>>
>>86083515
No he was just really cocky, because he had gotten lucky several times before.
>>
>>86083507

says the guy who clearly was not at the top of his.
>>
Who says it wasn't suicide?
>>
>>86083550
I knew a bunch of people like that over the years. They usually learned their lesson way before reaching that point of no return. Getting lost in the woods for a few hours does wonder to the ego.
>>
>>86083595
i topped hs and law school

my excellent sense of occasion helped out

turns out you dont have to use grammar on the internet, dipshit americuck
>>
>tfw my friends brother died and he went full on depression
>he was already depressed
>took his motorbike and rode all over europe, asia, middle east
>didnt die

i think he was kinda hoping hed die like the nerd in the OP. sadly he isnt so retarded that he does know to eat food and not eat poison.
>>
>>86083641
You should. Practice makes perfect. Bad habits are hard to break.
>>
>>86083681
he sucked off hobos for food.
>>
>>86083700
4chan is like a holiday for your brain when youre in law

spend all day thinking autistically and politely

come here and just be abusive and theres no grammar rules, its such a nice way to wind down
>>
>>86083796
It's not.
>>
>>86084242
maybe not for you cause youre a fag but yeah it is
>>
>>86083524
>>86083524
>someone does something very fucking stupid, even for todays standard
>people in the thread point that out for various reasons

If you actually bothered to read the thread you would've seen that the tragic and yet inspirational nature of his demise has been acknowledged, but the way he let his cockiness fuck him over is truly dumbfounding, especially if you consider his background.

It has nothing to do with "trying to be original", whatever is that supposed to mean.
>>
>>86078732
Yeah, most people don't want to die. It's kind of a biological failsafe you fucking retard.
>>
>>86078862
Uhh the OST was great. Why are you faggots so contrarian?
>>
>>86084285
>dying like a fag is tragic AND inspirational

can you never speak in public again until the earth explodes from entropy or whatever
>>
>>86079347
/out/ here. I want to provide some clarification on this common misconception. The bus that he was living in is a good distance from where he initially crossed the river earlier in the year. It's not like he only had to hike a couple miles to reach the tramway that he could have used to cross back over.
>>
>>86084701
Back to reading comprehension with you, dont talk to me ever again.
>>
>>86078202

Wasn't this guy trapped because a frozen river that he traveled over thawed out and he couldn't cross it?
>>
>>86084797
He went back to the river and gave up because it was bigger that time of year. Instead of trying to find another way out he went back to the camper and died. Fuck off retard.
>>
>>86084797
Even the park ranger responsible for Stampede Trail said he could've gotten out from the tramway had he gone North on his attempt to leave.
>>
>>86084838
Yes. See >>86084797. There's one guy in all of these threads that seems to think McCandless was just off a heavily travelled main road for some reason.
>>
>>86084833
> you would've seen that the tragic and yet inspirational nature of his demise has been acknowledged,

i comprehend your cuck mentality perfectly

never speak again until the earth expires
>>
>>86084897
He WAS when he went back to the river you fucking mong.
>>
>>86084869
>>86084893
I'm not saying he wasn't stupid to not bring a map although even then I doubt a hand tram would have been marked on it.

I'm just clarifying that it was a pretty long hike back to where he crossed the river from the bus. It wasn't just a short distance away. Yes the tram was a fairly short distance from where he initially crossed in April but he probably had no clear idea of where that point was when he came back in August.
>>
>>86083641

no you didn't and i wasn't calling you out for your grammar.
>>
>>86084995
The tram was a short distance from the river, nobody said the camper wasn't far from the river. Fucking idiot.
>>
>>86084949
But he would have had to cross said river to reach the ranger station and other cabins. He wasn't able to find a way to do that which is why he turned back.
>>
>>86085034
He turned back right after seeing the river, he didn't follow the river north to where the trams were where passage is possible. Please stop spreading misinformation and actually read the analysis made by the park ranger.
>>
>>86085018
That's exactly what I said, anon.
>>
>>86085069
He could've passed when he had gone back to the river if he had traveled north. You're trying to make the argument about the distance between the camper and the river. Again you're wrong and you're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>86085065
I'm not spreading misinformation. The tram was located near where he had initially crossed months before. It wasn't necessarily close to where he stopped when he came back that way in August.
>>
>>86085102
He went back to where he crossed which is close. You're just being retarded at this point.
>>
>>86085146
I think we're just having a disconnect here. The tram was relatively close to where he crossed the first time, yes. But we don't know that he made his way back to that exact spot when he tried to go back across in August. He could have stopped further up and still a good distance from the tram when he saw how swollen the river had become.
>>
>>86085008
yeah i did

want a lawyer? its only $400 per hour
>>
Reddit the person
>>
>>86078388
Or black.
>>
>>86083460
How did he kill a moose with a .22? Moose are fucking gigantic, it would be like a tick bite unless it was in its eyeball or something.
>>
>>86084493
Yeah, well maybe he shouldn't have played "tough" guy in the first place if he was a crybaby who couldn't assume the harsh consequences, you ever think about that you fucking weirdo?
>>
>>86085582
shot it in the pusy
>>
>>86077930
haha epic post friendo xD

EDIT: Woah im at the top this is so weird lol :D

EDIT 2: Wow thank you for the gold kind stranger xD

EDIT 3: Woah this comment really blew up haha so much karma thank you everyone :D xD
>>
>>86077872
kek
>>
>>86083460
I always felt that this guy was lying about offering to help because he was in the spotlight when McCandles turned up dead.
>>
>>86085902
meta humor ruined 4chan.
>>
>>86077872
fpbp
>>
>>86078600
That's actually the conclusion I came to also. Sean Penn's movie doesn't really convey this though. That guy was on a death trajectory, he just didn't want to face it directly in the form of a rope or a 12 gauge. He had to walk his way to his death. He probably regretted it too, while agonizing alone in the cold for days.
>>
>>86086211
The funny part is that he actually would have been just fine if he had came prepared with food supplies like others have said. He was there during the summer so it wasn't even that cold. In all of his pictures he's just wearing jeans and a flannel shirt and it looks nice and sunny out.
>>
>>86086299
Adding to this, I don't think he had a death wish or anything. He just had a super naive and romanticized idea of living off the land.
>>
>>86086299
The area of Alaska where was is very mild in the summer. He would have been experiencing highs in the mid 70s and lows in the 40s.
>>
>>86086211
Suicide by autism
>>
>>86075119
I appreciate that he committed suicide in an interesting way.

The world would be way more interesting if everyone attempted an assassination or something before suiciding.
>>
>>86087510
I don't get this sentiment. The area he stayed in wasn't THAT rough. Plus he was there in the summer.
>>
File: kstewintothewild.webm (3MB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
kstewintothewild.webm
3MB, 1000x800px
Why didn't he do it, /tv/?
>>
>>86088188
Didn't her own dad tell him to fuck his daughter?
>>
File: asshole.jpg (44KB, 623x419px) Image search: [Google]
asshole.jpg
44KB, 623x419px
>>86075119
what an asshole
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNyav9g6BJY
>>
>>86085582
Because he was a moron
>>
>>86088188

>b-but she's underage and that's so wrong!

Who the fuck was gonna know? It was in the middle of trailer trash fucking nowhere and that bitch had probably fucked the whole trailer park already. Nearly turned off the movie there.
>>
>>86077872
Kek
>>
File: 1494415391095.jpg (225KB, 682x600px) Image search: [Google]
1494415391095.jpg
225KB, 682x600px
>was less than a mile from a bridge that would have taken him to a nearby highway
>>
>>86087510
You must really love jihadists then
>>
>>86091409

The bus is literally parked on an old road. He should have just followed it downstream and he would have found civilisation or a road in use.
>>
The point of the movie is that nature won't embrace you, it's hostile.
>>
>>86091411
Nah, mass murders are a bummer because innocent people are killed sometimes.
>>
>>86091409
That's not true.

>>86091928
IIRC it was an old logging road, not a road that was used for general traffic.
>>
>movies basement dwelling neckbeards will never understand
Thread posts: 135
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.