[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are people who hate this film so completely incapable of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 193
Thread images: 31

File: bvs.jpg (55KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
bvs.jpg
55KB, 512x512px
Why are people who hate this film so completely incapable of expressing actual reasons why they dislike it? They just shitpost and meme their way out of it.

Meanwhile, people who love the film can explain exactly why it is so good.
>>
File: typicalmarlel.jpg (88KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
typicalmarlel.jpg
88KB, 720x480px
>>86070870
are you the same guy from earlier or a falseflag mouse?
>>
>>86070870
This is the exact same thread from the other day, I remember it.
Fuck off
>>
>>86070918
I'm a film connoisseur. I appreciate quality cinema be it Marvel or DC.
>>
The irony is that dceufags attack every negative youtube review
>>
>>86070870
Tons of legitimate criticism exists for this film, just because you seek out shitposts and memes doesn't make the former any less true.

The whole crux of the story makes 0 sense because Batman as a character should be more intelligent than he behaves in the film. Instead of having a conversation with Clark, he just immediately begins punching him.

What a fantastic "detective" Snyder has crafted of his Batman.
>>
>>86071050
>superman threatens him earlier
>expecting him to let his guard down
why brainlets so brainlets?
>>
>>86070870
I could have sworn we had an exact same thread with the exact same opening only yesterday...
>>
>>86071098
So if his entire intent was to just kill Supes, why stand there awkwardly and have a dumb conversation anyways?

Just ambush him and try and kill him if that's what you're going to do.
>>
>>86070870
>Constantly post BvS threads
>Claim you're not a shill for DC
UMA DELICIA
>>
>>86071173
>enjoy a good film
>want to talk about it on the film board
>get called a shill
>>
>>86071215
Discussing a film is not the same as being an antagonistic fuckwad.

If you think the film is good, why not open with a thesis as to why you thought so, and why you think the criticism is illegitimate.

Oh wait this is a troll thread, let the autism continue.
>>
File: DCshill.jpg (2MB, 4002x7365px) Image search: [Google]
DCshill.jpg
2MB, 4002x7365px
>>86071173
These are the same people who will actually claim pic related is Marvel shills falseflagging
See
>>86071157
>>86070918
>>
>>86071264
Geez, fine.

For starters, its use of the leitmotif of perception versus reality plays into literally everything happening, up to and including the revelation at the end that Clark was looking at the world through a filter of his own, doing what we all do - focusing on the polarized extremes and missing the whole truth.

For another, it takes the three principles of the film, and uses them to craft an allegorical tale stressing the importance of communication across cultural divides and the perils of succumbing to xenophobia, paranoia, and a biased media.

Lastly, it uses the characters of Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman to represent different eras of myth in both pop culture and antiquity.

In essence, this film takes what Miller did with DKR, swaps the roles around a bit, and ties them more firmly to the modern geopolitical climate, all while doing honor to the history of comics as a medium in general, and the history of the DC characters in particular.
>>
>>86071160
thats exactly what he did.
he was getting him in place for the turrets and the ear rapists, did u not watch the film?
>>
>>86071264
majority of the time the dcu threads do start that way though
>>
>>86071173
>>86071265
>brainlet marbles can't recognize falseflag posts
And you wonder why this board hates you
>>
File: 1501344649738.jpg (445KB, 1763x846px) Image search: [Google]
1501344649738.jpg
445KB, 1763x846px
>>86071265
And you're the same people who believe pic related is falseflagging
Go ahead and post the link to the webm hindu who supposedly predicted it
>>
>>86071376
Riiiight so by your logic every thread claiming a Marvel movie was good is a DCuck falseflagging?
>>
>>86071457
Holy fuck the OP is literally repasted from a post yesterday.
How dense are you?
>>
File: IMG_0787.jpg (36KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0787.jpg
36KB, 600x300px
>>
>>86071443
That's the most obvious false-flagging I've ever fucking seen. All those threads, within minutes of eachother, just to use as "evidence" of Marvel shills. Utterly pathetic.
>>
>>86071506
This image proves, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that BvS is a great film.
>>
File: wonder28f-5-web.jpg (32KB, 750x572px) Image search: [Google]
wonder28f-5-web.jpg
32KB, 750x572px
>>
>>86071589
>cherry picking
Hi carafag
>>
File: 1501279162671.jpg (20KB, 323x412px) Image search: [Google]
1501279162671.jpg
20KB, 323x412px
>>86071443
right and so >>86071265 isnt falseflagging
The first row of quotes aren't even from the fucking movie.
>>
File: yawn.jpg (242KB, 984x691px) Image search: [Google]
yawn.jpg
242KB, 984x691px
>>86070870
>>
>>86071666
meant to reply to >>86071522
>>
>>86071666
It's a quote from True Detective.
"People fear what they don't understand. Well you know what Ray? I'm afraid of everything. I'm a fucking idiot."
>>
>>86071683
>marble literally criticizing their own movies
Fucking kike idiots lmao
>>
File: ll-00.jpg (18KB, 388x425px) Image search: [Google]
ll-00.jpg
18KB, 388x425px
>>86070870
>actual reasons why they dislike it
This guy.
>>
>>86071683
Oh shit, I am gonna post this on /co/.
>>
>>86070870
without irony, it's a decent movie

but it's not a masterpiece ok? ok.
>>
>>86070870
the most boring meme to ever hit this board
>>
>>86072300
Holy FUCKING shit. You know why it's a "boring meme"? Because it's PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT A FILM THEY LIKE. That's not what a fucking meme is.

Fuck, you know /tv/ is in the shitter when people get mad at people actually discussing film instead of, I don't know what your kind does, talking about how cute Rooney Mara is? She is cute though.
>>
>>86072447
Take your fucking meds, Jesus Christ
>>
>>86071215
>Talking about the same movie for a year
>Reposting the same jerkoff shit about it
>Instigating capewar shit constantly
>>
>>86072512
I don't TAKE MEDS. I AM MENTALLY SOUND.
>>
File: IMG_9468.jpg (76KB, 377x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9468.jpg
76KB, 377x500px
>>
>made during pajeet hours
Really makes you think
>>
File: download.jpg (15KB, 313x161px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
15KB, 313x161px
>>86073185
hi grapefruit
>>
>>86071050
>The whole crux of the story makes 0 sense because Batman as a character should be more intelligent than he behaves in the film
>Batman should be omniscient
>Batman has never been emotional in his entire history
Want to know how I know you've never read a comic in your life?
>>
>>86073278
Literally have no idea what this means but talking about sweet, juicy fruit is making me thirsty.
>>
>>86073530
its a dc meme
>>
>>86073583
I thought that was Granny's Peach Tea?
>>
>>86070870
All of the characters' motivations hinge on them being mentally ill.
This is what you get when you come up with a clickbait title first, then (((write))) a ((((((script)))))) around it.
>>
>>86071314
>Geez, fine. I won't shitpost.
>>
>>86070870
>notice the twice a day false flag BvS shill threads routine
>check Wonder Woman vs Spider-Man showdown on BOM
>spider-twink and iron manlet already $50M behind and making less than half day by day
This isn't healthy my curry friendo, you need to calm down
>>
>>86073715
Yes, now how about addressing what I said?
>>
>>86073731
What the fuck is BOM? Serious question, I want to learn.
>>
>>86071683
Fuck someone is salty DC is moping the floor with Marlel in the comic market
>>
File: batlaugh.jpg (76KB, 519x600px) Image search: [Google]
batlaugh.jpg
76KB, 519x600px
>>86071050
>tons of legitimate criticisms exist for this film

Spamming "Martha" and complaining about the characters being different than you wanted do not count.
>>
>>86073783
I don't care what you said. I'm a new anon that just wants to call you out.
>>
>>86073815
Box Office Mojo.
>>
>>86070918

Falseflag Mouse is also the name of my Modest Mouse coverband.
>>
>>86073815
Box Office Mojo
>http://www.boxofficemojo.com/showdowns/chart/?view=daily&day=num&id=2017superhero.htm
>>
File: 1485317774000.jpg (85KB, 658x595px) Image search: [Google]
1485317774000.jpg
85KB, 658x595px
>>86071683
>this is the best Marvel Comics can do now while Rebirth out there delivering kino
>>
>>86071050
>The whole crux of the story makes 0 sense because Batman as a character should be more intelligent than he behaves in the film. Instead of having a conversation with Clark, he just immediately begins punching him.

intelligent =/= rational
>>
>>86073840
Ah, so in other words, you shitpost the thread and have nothing to add to the discussion. Thanks for proving my point.
>>
>>86071050
Batman in this movie represents the shoot first ask questions later policy that neocons including Obama, Hillary and their cronies and Trump most likely followed in the Middle East after 9/11. He's not supposed to be rational just like invading Irak on the off chance of finding WMDs at the cost of tens of thousand american lives wasn't rational. You'd say I'm reaching here and I will probably get only Evans memes as an answer but consider the following:
>the movie has a 9/11
>batman literally quotes Dick Cheney when asked for the reason to go after Superman
>"If there's a 1% chance that Pakistani scientists are helping al-Qaeda build or develop a nuclear weapon, we have to treat it as a certainty in terms of our response."
>Lex is a literal military complex industrialist orchestrating everything behind the courtains
>the movie addresses the responsability of MCMs in creating the necessary climate for a nonsensical confrontation (I'm sure this sat well with the MCM critics reviewing the movie lmao)
The movie has execution issues and no one ever will defend that Doomsday bullshit, but over the top criticisms based on preconceptions about the characters is the mark of the brainlet
>>
>>86074384
Oh, you know what? That reminds me I heard a theory that Snyder pissed off the oil barons in the Middle East and that's why they've put out a campaign to trash his movies. It would make a lot of sense.
>>
>>86074547
You wouldn't believe how much oil money goes into Hollywood. /pol/ believes it's da joos the ones behind the current state of the world but let me ask you this, who benefits from the fall of ALL the secular nationalism Ba'ath Governments (Irak, Syria, Lybia) the most? Who is funding and promoting radical Wahhabism in the Arab world?

Always relevant:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuBe93FMiJc&t
>>
>>86074384

See, now here's a guy who actually thinks about the movies he watches.
>>
Where did I put my flash time travel edits folder?
>>
>>86074384
That's a very good response, but an easier an more surface level in-universe response is also necessary. Batman saw Superman as a world-ending threat, one which he had never before seen. Not only that, it threatened his pride as the world's greatest hero (at the time, WW was unknown by most). Superman not only gave Batman a way to have meaning in his life and leave an impact in history, it also gave him a way to pardon himself for all his past mistakes. Not only that, Superman is used as a scapegoat for all the anger that Batman had from losing his friends during the Metropolis incident. The scene of him looking up in anger was great; I could feel the fury he felt.
>>
>>86074996
>/pol/ believes it's da joos the ones behind the current state of the world but let me ask you this, who benefits from the fall of ALL the secular nationalism Ba'ath Governments
It's actually very complex with lots of groups fighting each other (which is kind of cool to be honest), but I do wish that there was just one group that, if eliminated, would cause all the world's problems to be fixed. Jews, Freemasons, satanic pedophiles, etc. Who knows how many other groups there are? Who knows how many are interrelated?
>>
>>86071683
>>86073838
The funniest part about the Martha scene was that the same people who were confused by it then did a 180 when it got explained to them and said "n-no we understood it, it was just dumb!" Then when asked why it's dumb, they can never give legitimate responses. It's obvious that they were just mad that they didn't get it the first time and are now lashing out.
>>
>>86075149
The Metropolis 9/11 scene is the best scene in any capeshit movie ever, just the idea of showing the collateral damage of a superhero/supervillain fight from a street perspective makes it more intelligent than all Nolan/MCU flicks combined. Prove me wrong, protip you can't
>>
>>86070870
I just came to accept that Superman, Batman and Luthor are literally crazy.
It doesn't make the movie any less of a piece of shit but at least you can ignore character motivations now since you don't understand crazy people anyway.
>>
>>86075246

Freemasons are the good guys. However, they're also pretty much entirely irrelevant.
>>
The problem with Batman vs. Superman is that much of the plot doesn't pass the "so what" test. Like Lois's investigation of Lex's mercenaries and their special Lex-branded bullets. An absurd scheme to frame Superman for wrecking an African village which leads to Superman being summoned to court. But so what? The courtroom is blown up before Superman says a word and the entire subplot is never mentioned again. Lex tries to prejudice Batman and Superman against one another by stealing disability checks and sharing articles about Batman branding criminals. So what? The fight is eventually staged by simply kidnapping Superman's mom, rendering Lex's preceding machinations completely pointless. Abysmal storytelling and an unforgiveable waste of time in a movie that despite a bloated 3+ hours length, can't even spare a few minutes to give Superman more than 42 lines or squeeze in scenes for Wonder Woman to talk to anyone other than Bruce Wayne.

In contrast, Marvel's Civil War is a masterpiece of efficient storytelling. Batman vs Superman struggles to effectively tell a story about a couple of superheroes, one villain and a love interest. Civil War manages to credibly weave over a dozen heroes into a tightly-focused story, two of whom are main characters, half of which are properly developed and characterised and all of whom, even the "guest stars", get something cool to say or do. Fucking FALCON gets more dialogue in Civil War than Superman does in his own movie! "Quip"-filled though it may be, the conversations in Civil War flow like real banter between real people, and do a good job of conveying the personalities of the characters. Zack Snyder seems to believe a few pompous pronouncements and Biblical motifs are enough to secure the audiences empathy with his heroes. But they aren't. Hence Batman vs Superman's 27% RT score, Razzie award, and failure to reach $1bn despite starring the two biggest names in the comic book industry.
>>
>>86073893
Don't bring up MM in capeshit war threads, I hope you get malignant brain cancer in the pain center of your brain.
>>
>>86075246
The muzzies are the real threat. Say what you want about the jews I don't see them driving trucks into crowded streets. I'd reduce all the jew endgame to fuck Palestinian shit up and getting to annex permanently the Golan Heights so Israel has a secure access to fresh water (how do you say Lebensraum in Hebrew?). Fucking Saudis want a Califate for real though, spreading from India to the Atlantic Ocean, and they'll provoke the West into fighting their wars for them for as long as there are poor muslims willing to kill themselves for a bunch of afterlife virginal maidens

>>86075655
>In contrast, Marvel's Civil War is a masterpiece of efficient storytelling
This bait needs work
>>
>>86075246
>(which is kind of cool to be honest)
I don't know why this makes me chuckle.
>>
>>86075675

I didn't mean to, I just find it amusing in a stupid way how people in these threads keep referring to The Mouse(TM)
>>
>>86070870
We express plenty. Just because you gloss over any point that proves you're full of shit doesn't mean those points are invalid.
>>
>>86075675
Modest Mouse Modest Mouse Modest Mouse. This spells the end for Marvel.
>>
>>86075675
What are you going to do about it bitch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctOBuaDnqJI
>>
>>86076000
Yeah, that's why I'm having to explain it to you, right?

Furthermore, if you claim any familiarity at all with comics and are completely unaware of the allegorical messages in stories like DKR, I'll be half the night explaining it to you through a rising chorus of "HEADCANON." The point where you join them is really the only thing that's uncertain.

If you're really interested in understanding this movie, actually do some research into the comics lore. Understand what it's been used for in the past and it will better prepare you to understand how it's being used in BvS.

It's like "The Tree of Life" for comic book fans.
>>
>>86070870

If you ate your own shit would spit it out and move on or write thesis on why it was gross?
>>
>>86076000
Then express it, please enlighten us with your knowledge.
>>
>>86076100
Non-related and gross comparison. Moving on. Can anyone criticising this movie form a coherent sentence please?
>>
Jar of piss.
>>
>>86076306
Brilliant scene. I could feel the dread building to a crescendo and then when I saw the jar everything exploded. Literally.
>>
>>86071050
>In my mind he really is a super detective with 0 emotion and super calculated and when he wins it isn't cartoonish or laughable at all bc it's really plausible for him to have the upper hand and be the greater, more moral force in every instance
>Writing Batman as if he's a human is stupid

Brainlets.
>>
>>86075454
I almost refuse to believe people couldn't understand this movie. I loved this film and some things were subtle and clever but the Martha thing was so well established that I don't understand how you could miss it.

It's like in the Ultimate Edition when Jon Stewart is saying "Superman has 2/3rds of the US flag colors on his ward robe, the only reason he doesn't go for the whole thing is bc it would be too on the nose", I took that as the film admitting it's heavy handed where it needs to be almost to the point of being obnoxious, but apparently people still didn't get it.
>>
>>86075468
And then Bruce, no suit at all, goes in anyways and realizes he's helpless. That one scene is more traumatic and daunting than anything other Capeshit has ever shown
>>
>>86076910
Jon Stewart is in the Ultimate Edition? Wow. (I only saw the theatrical one).

Anyway, I really think it's because people have become so conditioned to see comic book films as "for kids" - so they're not expected to have any depth at all. So when someone actually tries to do one with depth, they're not looking for it at all and they completely miss it. They just say "Where's the fun?" We could have already seen this coming when the critics roasted Watchmen as well, which was brilliant in its deconstruction of comics.
>>
>>86077049
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJij_6HnUME

I found it and they fucked it up, where's the audience laughing after every pause like they just heard the most hilarious thing in the world?
>>
>>86076910

That frustrates me too. I mean, the movie has a lot of scenes that call back to earlier ones in ways you might easily miss but in the case of this one there's literally a flashback to the death of Bruce's parents to drive its point home.
>>
>>86077132
Believe it or not, that also irked me. One because it really is jarring from usually hearing the laughter to none at all, but I think the laughter would've actually added great value to the narrative, asserting a disconnect from the audience that is too pacified to understand gravitas. I understand this was the last bit of a montage of tv excerpts that were fairly serious, and it may have wanted to wrap up the scene quickly. This is one instance where I do believe Snyder missed an obvious cue though.
>>
ANYONE FROM THE OG THREADS? or long time lurkers in general?
>>
I love how Superman is robotic and lacks heart and hope.

I love how Batman brands criminals which leads to them getting murdered

I love how Lex Luthor is a autistic little bitch.

I love MARTHA
>>
>>86070870
because the people who disliked it and gave it actual criticism already moved on.
maybe you should too
>>
>>86077686
No I mean it. I love those things.
>>
>>86077587
What the fuck are you on about, idiot?
>>
If it was Bateman vs. Superman, how would things have played out differently?
>>
>>86077587
Yeah, I'm around. Been commenting on this film pretty much since release.
>>
>>86077132
I think the laughter's absent to draw *more* attention to it.

To be quite frank, I think that bit's there as a cue to encourage viewers to reflect on exactly whether or not Superman's character *is* an allegorical stand-in for what he normally is, or if it's something a little different this time around.

I think most long-time fans are pretty much in agreement for what the answer to that question is.
>>
File: 1502063673229.jpg (34KB, 675x281px) Image search: [Google]
1502063673229.jpg
34KB, 675x281px
>>86079762
Can you tell me why this image is important and what it means to the films' myth arc?
>>
>>86073686
You're batting 300. One of them is technically insane. One of them just wants to do his thing. And one of them, despite his deteriorating mental state, really is acting on a plan too big for little minds.
>>
Snyder casts traditionally wholesome superheroes in a darker, grimmer light. Critics will interpret this as having taken the soul out of these characters. The life.

And they are right.

In the opening sequence of Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, Jimmy Olsen is introduced and immediately shot in the head. Observant readers of the comic books will remember that Jimmy Olsen's comic book was where Darkseid made his debut, as did the overarching Fourth World mythos. With Jimmy's death, comes the Parademons. The Mother Cubes. And of course, Darkseid. This is an inversion, as it's Jimmy's existence that paved way to Darkseid seeing publication.
In a similar sense, the heroes seen are an inversion of their traditional depictions. The universe itself is contradictory to the DC universe, and the real world universe as whole with it's own images and prejudices of the DC characters.

This is the Anti-Life Universe. Darkseid's arrival will reshape it into a softer, more lighthearted universe as opposed to the grim dour pile that pople think it as. While in the comics universe, Darkseid's arrival brought a grim, dour unity to the entire planet with the Anti-Life Equation.

Zod's symbol in Man of Steel is a tilted Omega symbol. Snyder directed Watchmen, a movie which uses clocks as a key theme.

The omega symbol has since been turning, like the hands on a clock. In BvS, you do not see the symbol tilted or skewed. You see it straight on, emblazened into the planet's core.

What does Lex Luthor say at the end of Batman V Superman?
Ding Ding Ding.

It means that time is up.
>>
>>86079922
Yeah, it's the Kryptonian Codex, the repository for all the genetic information for Krypton's past and future generations. The use of the word "codex" is suggestive of what Krypton's genetics program really is, as the word carries some pretty heavy religious connotations. Another early hint to the significance of the genetics program within Kryptonian society is Zod's reaction to Jor revealing that he and Lara have conceived a child naturally. When Zod hears this, he takes a step back, a look of disgust on his face, and says one word:

Heresy.

The Codex is Krypton's "sacred text," and the religion it represents is science. The message, quite simply is "Be careful what you worship, because anything can become a god."
>>
>>86070870
Everything about it is so dark and dreary.
The main characters kill everyone that gets in the way of what they want, and use their pain to justify their actions.

The only you could enjoy this movie is if you were completely deaf to the dialogue and just enjoyed the cinematography and the music.
>>
why did batman shoot a tracker on the truck if he was just going to hijack it anyway?

why didn't he just shoot the tracker and then wait to see where it went?

why did he wait for them to take the kriptonite back to lexcorp?

why didn't he just wait for it be in lexcorp in the firstplace?

why did we need that entire truck chasing scene? wasn't it obvious it was going to lexcorp?

Is Batman fucking stupid?
>>
>>86079922
Not the guy but I also lurked since theatrical release. I've not seen any thing about the codex, that isn't even from BvS, that's MoS. But I'll propose my own analysis for the "myth arc". I would personally suggest bc the codex is a representation in universe as the only socially acceptable way to create Kryptonians, you have a dichotomy to address- Clark is a natural breed, so he isn't exactly elite or refined. But he also possesses the codex itself inside of him. This dichotomy of nature vs nurture serves as a metaphor to the overall theme of Snyder's deconstruction of the hero/superhero in context of world literature mythology. What really makes Supes such a compelling case as an extension of the perpetual evolution of the myth? I suppose the movie does make the case that the myth is natural, it isn't engineered. And that makes Supes relatable, as all good myths ought to be. So I guess the thesis of the codex in relation to the myth arc is based on the assertion that myth's serve better as natural occurrences.

I'm curious what has been previously analyzed though
>>
File: IMG_0393.jpg (644KB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0393.jpg
644KB, 1944x2592px
>>86080213
Pic related. See anywhere the Codex would fit into this particular puzzle? This is the fossilized partial skeleton of "Lucy," our earliest yet found evolutionary predecessor. In some ways, especially in the minds of those of a less spiritual bent, it's a good symbol for the point in our own history where evolution "won."
>>
>>86073686
but batman was the only one who was mentally ill, like he is in the comics
>>
File: IMG_0434.jpg (161KB, 2027x1144px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0434.jpg
161KB, 2027x1144px
>>86080297
Bruce legit wasn't behaving rationally for the bulk of the film. He was unconsciously sabotaging his own vendetta campaign against Supes. That is up to and including the type of weapon he chose to forge from the kryptonite.
>>
>>86080090
I only partly agree. I think that critics view "darkness" as an ends of the DCU. I think it should be viewed as a means. It was Aristotle that made the connection between tragedy and reality, suggesting the opposite of tragedy is comedy and therefore fictional. Snyder uses the "grim" universe as a means to give gravitas to the narrative and make it relevant.

On the one hand I really do appreciate this analysis, on the other I think it isn't complete because it only gives credence to the darkness of the films for what I think is a limited scope
>>
>its another bvs samefag thread
Will you cancerous faggots just fuck off to /co/ with your capeshit already.
>>
File: IMG_0526.jpg (354KB, 1400x700px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0526.jpg
354KB, 1400x700px
>>86080090
I see where you're going, but I happen to think that the return of the New Gods is related to the reawakening of magic in the world. I think that Clark's arrival on Earth has something to do with it, and that it's not the first time something involving a Kryptonian like this has happened.
>>
Has anyone here read the MoS novelization and/or the BvS companion novel? (Surprisingly, there is not an official novelization for BvS itself.)

I'm curious about what they might add to the series mythos.
>>
>>86080924
I read MoS. Other than providing some peeks inside Clark's head, it really didn't expand on much.

I did enjoy the prequel comic, though, not so much for its story as for what doors it opens up.
>>
>>86070870
>Bruce doesn't have a reason to become Batman, since the bat incident was just a dream
>The reason they fight is because... nop, the motivation was so weak I can't remember it
>Lex Luthor is a bad villain, we know very little about him and the little we know doesn't make any sense ("muh dad hitted me, so I'm going to kill Superfag", it's like saying "muh girlfriend left me, so I'm going to punch my brother")
>Wonderwoman is just a filler, no introduction of her whatsoever, they should have left her out of the project
>They have little to know detail in Doomsday's creation
>A man in a junk armor can resist hits of an alien who can destroy ships and shit like that (Superfag), it may have sense in the comics but here it's never explained
>Having a hack in the direction

Should I continue? Also, how can you blame the memes? This stupid movie is very memeble, sorry
>>
>>86081354
I refuse to believe you're serious.

Just a dream? Nobody's this fucking stupid.
>>
>>86070870
>Why are people who hate this film so completely incapable of expressing actual reasons
They killed Sman, that was uncalled for dawg!
>>
>>86081393
Kid cuck looking Bruce gets lifted by bats, followed by the quote "in the dream", did you even watch it?
>>
>>86081439
Are you familiar with the concept of a recurring nightmare? They come with trauma, not the sort of head trauma *you* must have suffered at some point, more the kind that leaves a psychological scar.
>>
>>86081521
They never showed the real thing, so we only have that scene as a reference, hence, it doesn't have any sense that you want to be Batman just because bats levitatad you, where's the fear of bats then since it was just a dream?
>>
>>86081628
I'm done. I refuse to match wits with someone so clearly unarmed.
>>
>>86081677
Kek, sorry, not an argument
>>
>>86081705
Kek? KEK? You DARE to invoke the name of an Egyptian Chaos God against me? This will not stand. Kal-El, I call upon you: Smite this pitiful being down!
>>
>>86081354
>>Bruce doesn't have a reason to become Batman, since the bat incident was just a dream
wew man easy with the false flagging, not even mcucks are this stupid
>>
>>86081770
Kek

>>86081820
Read >>86081439
>>
File: bvs script.jpg (3MB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
bvs script.jpg
3MB, 3648x2736px
>>86081849
No, you read this, motherfucker:
>>
>>86082182
Kek
>>
>>86075655
>literally a reddit pasta
How much lower can marlets sink?
>>
>>86081354
Are Marvel fanboys this stupid or are these DC fanboys pretending to be Marvel fans?
>>
They should have just casted Mark Strong as Lex Luthor.
>>
>>86076910
Yet there are still people who thought that the Martha scene meant that they were brothers, didn't understand that Batman was a bad guy for most of the movie, and were confused about why Superman was sad. People are just too retarded these days.
>>
>>86076258
>Non-related and gross comparison.
He's a Rick and Morty fan.
>>
>>86083238

>Yet there are still people who thought that the Martha scene meant that they were brothers

Oh come on, no. Noone could be this oblivious.
>>
>>86081354
>I critique movies based on whether a plot is feasible by my own arbitrary standards
Holy cow what a hollow existence.
>>
>>86071683
Imagine not realizing Marvel Comics was making fun of both BVS and Civil War in the right panel
>>
>>86083238
>they were brothers
Stuff like this makes me wish liking film wasn't so accessible
>>
So many plot points were constructed around terrible contrivances, the forced "shared universe" scenes (mostly the E-Mails of Justice, but the Knightmare sequence as well) were poorly handled and the entire fight sequence with Doomsday is terrible. I do think it's underrated and a bit unfairly dismissed by mainstream audiences and that a lot of the ideas Snyder put forth were sound, I just don't think it was handled well in many parts.
>>
>Ur Mom is named Martha 2? Lets b friends now lol

That's why
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7Z2AKOrQg4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxrlKqkW5IY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=467ehoaGDaE
>>
File: confused pepe.jpg (174KB, 1533x961px) Image search: [Google]
confused pepe.jpg
174KB, 1533x961px
Please I beg of you. Someone please explain to me /tv/'s love for this movie. I tried watching it again but it's nothing more than a summer blockbuster garbage with a ham-fisted dollar store symbolism.
>>
>>86083306
Seriously! No joke, there are people who are legitimately this retarded. Even my mom (who doesn't know a single thing about comics) was able to say "oh so their mothers have the same name?" She liked the movie.
>>
>>86083062
Sorry, not an argument
>>
>>86083409
That's how criticism works actually
>>
>>86080297
>why did batman shoot a tracker on the truck if he was just going to hijack it anyway?
To follow it with the batmobile if it goes out of sight.

>why didn't he just shoot the tracker and then wait to see where it went?
It would have cost much more effort and resources to brute force his way in.

>why did he wait for them to take the kriptonite back to lexcorp?
He gave up after getting wrecked by Superman. He was biding his time at this point. The senate bombing accelerated him to go for it despite the higher risks and costs involved.

>why didn't he just wait for it be in lexcorp in the firstplace?
See above.

>why did we need that entire truck chasing scene? wasn't it obvious it was going to lexcorp?
To show Batman attempting to get the Kryptonite, but then failing when confronted by Superman.

People with mental problems should be banned from watching good movies.
>>
>>86081354
cont.
>Why dident Superman kill Lex
>Why dident Thor help vs Drumfday
>Why dident Batman make a Kryptonite AK47
>Too confusing. Who was Martha?
>Who was the old guy helping Batman? Is that Roben? Why is Roben old?
>Snyder is dumb and a racist and sexist ugh
>DC heroes are toxic masculinity
>Where was Deadpool?
>>
>>86082182
>Finnegan's Meme
I've never given up on a book before this.
>>
OK, I'll bite.

Some of the scenes were poorly done, i. e. the MARTHA?! scene, coming off as unintentionally funny or just awkward.

There isn't enough room to build Superman's character. There doesn't seem to be a reason why he would give a shit about people (especially after both his mentors gave him diametrically opposite advice in MoS). Also his relationship with Lois is implied to be toxic (as per his depiction in Bruce's nightmare) but is not expanded upon, other that they are a couple.

Batman comes to the fight very underprepared. He's fighting what seems to him an evil god, and all he bets on is the little bit of kryptonite he has.

Batman does not even flinch when shot point blank in the head. Fuck you, that is bullshit.

Doomsday is underscores the main conflict of the movie, and Superman's death lacks impact because he hasn't made himself completely sympathetic to the audience (see my first point).

Wonder Woman and the JL-shoe-ins, as well as Bruce's future visions bloat the movie and are completely unnecessary.
>>
Jesus fucking Christ, this thread. Is this movie enjoyed exclusively by mental patients? Look at all the ridiculous conspiracy theories and self-indulging shit.
You could just admit the plot was broken and Zack Snyder is a failure, but no, the oil barons have a campaign against Zack "chucklefuck" Snyder and his extended music videos. Also, what's with all the straw men? "People thought they were brothers" Serious fucking lee.

And you repost this shit every day for what? So you and the other two psychos can circlejerk about how insane you are? Give it a rest, idiot.
>>
File: IMG_0482.jpg (138KB, 2031x951px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0482.jpg
138KB, 2031x951px
>>86085899
The dude put together not one, not two, but three movies movies(and counting) that call out Islam, in ways both subtle and not-so, for being "a world of tyranny and mysticism," that at best can be said to be taking too passive a role in the world while it's being hijacked by genocidal fanatics and manipulated by a fear-mongering rich elite in league with a complicit government, supported by an oblivious, sensationalist media, all for the acquisition of yet more resources, wealth, and power, and he quite strongly suggests that until it finds common ground with its perceived enemy, starts killing some of the monsters being born of its culture, and doing a better job of defining exactly who it is and what it stands for, none of these things are going to change.

Yeah, I'd say there are some people in the world who'd have reason to oppose that message regardless of who we'll-disguised it might be.
>>
>>86086777
>how well-disguised
>>
>>86084154
That's easily the most superficial and uninspired, as well as ultimately pointless, way to judge a narrative but it's okay that you don't understand
>>
>hundreds of articles and blogs explaining why the movie is bad
>detailed reviews
>patient explanations on chans and forums
>BUT WHY CAN'T THEY SAY WHAT'S WRONG WITH IT
kys you're self fagget
>>
File: 685535.jpg (2MB, 3662x1556px) Image search: [Google]
685535.jpg
2MB, 3662x1556px
>>86083762
>>86083786
>>86084106
>>86084154
>>86084518
>>86084723
>>86084793
>>86085239
>>86085899
>>86086777
>>86086872
>>86086899
>>86086955
I TURNED MYSELF INTO A CAVETROLL MORTY!!!!!!!!!!!!
*BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURPPPPPPPPP*
CAVETROLL RICK!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>86086955
Oh yes, detailed reviews like these right?
>https://www.bitchmedia.org/article/batman-v-superman-v-misogyny-antifeminism-dawn-justice
>https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/mar/23/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-sexism-feminist-wonder-woman
>https://www.themarysue.com/batman-v-superman-review/
>>
>>86085239
Actually Lois's relationship struggles with him are put on display in every scene they are together.
>"the woman I loved could've died today"
>"why didn't you tell me about the bullet
>"i don't know if you can love me and be you"
There's even a scene when Lois and Lex meet and Lex compares her to Lolita, a small girl that is coveted by a wealthy, elderly man, and is shunned by society for his love for her. Which goes back to the "idk if you can be you and love me" thing. Lois and Clark dynamic is pretty well explored.
>>
>>86086777
>Is the US supplying experimental military weapons to rebels in the middle east?
He gets more than just "muh Islam" down dude. The whole MIC is brought up
>>
File: IMG_0528.jpg (104KB, 800x451px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0528.jpg
104KB, 800x451px
>>86086955
Watch this, asshole.

>The Exorcist is easily the most ill-conceived romantic comedy I've ever seen. None of the jokes land, the pacing is jerky and halting, slowing to a crawl while we spend totally pointless stretches of time at hospitals and churches with characters that have little to no connection to the plot. The chemistry between the two leads(Burstyn as Chris and Miller as the mysterious, black-clad "Father" Karras) is both palpable and smoldering, but they're given far too little screentime together for that magnetism to establish any real resonance with the audience.

>Also, what's with all the Latin and Jesus references?

This is what you dumbasses sound like to us.
>>
>>86087204
Yeah, it's *all* there, up to and including Bruce Wayne as the stand-in for the traumatized society getting led around by the nose, half-willingly.
>>
File: IMG_0415.jpg (90KB, 450x430px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0415.jpg
90KB, 450x430px
>>86086777
Holy shit. All that and trips of our Lord, too.
>>
>>86087469
Holy fucking this
>>
>>86087660
>>>/r/movies
>>
>>86086777
>The dude put together not one, not two, but three movies movies(and counting) that call out Islam
Is that why BvS had ads for Turkish Arilines? Your entire life is a fucking sad joke.
>>
Would he have knocked Bruce's head clean off?
>>
>>86087469
>to us
Nice cultist mentality there, cockwad.
>>
>>86087766
Nice reading comprehension, faggot.
>>
>>86087469
I wish I had the skill to come up with this analogy. Good job.
>>
>>86087766
>>86087868
>>86087728
Go back to >>>/r/eddit if this is the best you can retort with
>>
>>86088195
Should I go to /r/dc_cinematic to find more basketcases like you? Wouldn't you feel more at home back there?
>>
File: IMG_0424.jpg (418KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0424.jpg
418KB, 1920x1080px
>>86088292
Fuck off. You're only making yourself look more ass-blasted with all the impotent snark. Maybe come back and talk to us once both balls drop.
>>
>>86088441
I'm just showing my disdain for this joke of a director and his puerile attempts at film. This thread is hilarious, I honestly hope I'm getting trolled and you're being ironic.
>>
>>86087110
Their relationship is also symbolic of Clark's relationship to mankind. He's hovering Lois and being overprotective and it's stifling her. She doesn't want or need a helicopter boyfriend any more than the world does. Both relationships are strained. That's why I love this scene.

https://youtu.be/C5STJH4xbLw?t=74

>"Thank you. Ah, I'm gonna need a little room to work."

Whatever tone-deaf dipshit cut this from the theatrical release should be drummed out of the business.
>>
>>86087857
Not after the grenade. Right after that, you see him land a completely ineffectual punch on the armor and actually hurt his hand.
>>
>>86088780
And I hope you're not this smug and dismissive in your daily life, because if you act like this whenever anyone points out things you either overlooked or didn't understand, you're in for a long, lonely road, my friend.
>>
>>86089311
>because if you act like this whenever anyone points out things you either overlooked or didn't understand
Oh you mean things you made up after the fact? That would be enabling your delusions, which seems to be the last thing you need right now. Get help.
>>
File: 1490942356361.png (67KB, 1095x224px) Image search: [Google]
1490942356361.png
67KB, 1095x224px
>>86086955
>detailed reviews
Oh yeah, those detailed reviews.
>>
File: 1489185162840.jpg (10KB, 317x223px) Image search: [Google]
1489185162840.jpg
10KB, 317x223px
>>86089562
Damn those detailed reviews. How will the fascist pig Snyder ever recover from such brutal truth bombs?
>>
>>86089456
Can you provide me with an example of something you consider to be a good use of metaphor? It doesn't have to be anything particularly complicated; I just want you to prove you're even capable of discerning it.
>>
>>86075454
what? there's no deeper meaning.

he's reminded of his mother and stops killing superman.

fucking retarded dcucks
>>
File: IMG_9603.jpg (27KB, 207x228px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9603.jpg
27KB, 207x228px
>10 hours
>175 replies
>no good arguments against the film
>haters get BTFO around every corner
Damn it feels good to be a DChad
>>
>>86075454
It has been like that for the whole year now. People mocking it based on misconception, misconception is debunked they start mocking it because it wasn't what they wanted.

The tale of BvS hate in a nutshell.
>>
>>86089562
Christ.

>"When was it decided superhero movies shouldn't be any fun?"

Gee, I don't know, Maltin, maybe it was at some point after we'd been choking down Disney's vapid saccharine for the better part of a decade?
>>
>>86089879
A good majority of the "critics" counted on RT are basically shitting on it because it's not Marvel. That's it. They went in, expected to hate it and then they hated it. The writing was on the wall months before premiere. This was going to a film the media would hate. And like a self-fulfilling prophecy they went in affected by the poor PR leading up to the premiere and walked out reinforcing that initial bias.

Part of the blame is also on WB. I mean, how fucking blind are they not to treat these glorified PR people as royalty? That's what Marvel does. They should be doing that shit too. Instead the marketing went into huge billboard ads instead, which isn't really that effective in 2017 compared to social media buzz.
>>
I agree with the DChads ITT.

Marvelpajeets didn't get it so when we spoonfeed it to them they retreat to their quippy retort and shitposting.
>>
File: DGPQtoLUMAAvA2t.jpg (76KB, 742x901px) Image search: [Google]
DGPQtoLUMAAvA2t.jpg
76KB, 742x901px
>>86089978
Forgot pic.

Did this person even watch BvS? Who knows?
>>
buttmad dcucks itt
>>
>>86087857
Quite likely, to me it felt like he was done trying after Bruce got up again. He'd be the villain if it meant saving his mother.
>>
Wait till this thread gets deleted because the mods and janitors are marvelpajeet employees.
>>
>>86090187
Nah that's /co/. Where you can get permanently banned for saying Marvel Studios makes bad film.
>>
>>86070870
the movie was shit because it was way too early

you can't have a fucking batman vs superman movie when we've only had 1 superman movie and zero batmans.

this movie had to introduce batman and show motivations as to why he wanted to fight superman. it was too much. you can't care for the characters.

that's why it was shit, they rushed it.

it should have been

>man of steel
>man of steel 2
>batman movie
>batman vs superman
>>
I hated the last half an hour of pure CGI orc-action boredom.
I'm sorry if literally 30 minutes of awful action sapping the last of my interest (at the end of a 2 and a half hour film) isn't a good enough reason to dislike it
But it's actually a perfect reason
>>
>>86090241
>this movie had to introduce batman and show motivations as to why he wanted to fight superman.
BvS does exactly that. Terrio and Snyder told a better Batman in just one film than Nolan did in three.
>>
>>86090318
LMAO
>>
>>86089978
Something else I've noticed is that the cognitive dissonance seems to be kicking into overdrive.

Years and years ago, I read "The Dark Tower." Went to see it with some friends over the weekend, and while I was watching it, already aware of its dismal reviews, I started to divorce my viewing of the movie from what I already knew of the story. When I did that, this is what I saw:

A completely serviceable fantasy action/adventure that no kid alive probably wouldn't enjoy. It's not great, nor is it offensively bad. It's just a diverting little hour-and-a-half adventure romp that you'll be struggling to remember by next weekend.

Kind of like Disney's little live-action fantasy adventure romps here of late.
Thread posts: 193
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.